Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sports #129: Mission 2: MLB Playoffs approaching and College Football has arrived!!!!!

SPORTS

2015 Women's World Cup.....

Jordan Morris

Sokolov & Anderson

Christian Pulisic

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Qualifiers - North, Central America and Caribbean - FIFA.com
https://www.ussoccer.com

Last edited by jediwands; 08-30-2017 at 04:13 PM
Old 08-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lots of screaming going on in the Sharapova match. They both grunt a lot. Hopefully Maria, the grunter, prevails.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sharapova gets through!

Isner right now is up 2-0 sets, tied in 3rd set.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How do we get to a new thread already?!? Thanks so much,Michelle!
Old 08-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome!
Old 08-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pre-match.....

Pre-match: - 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification: USA vs Costa Rica | BigSoccer Forum
Old 08-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pre-match.....

Pre-match: - 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification: USA vs Costa Rica | BigSoccer Forum
Old 08-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Michelle!

From the old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I guess so. I mean let's put it this way... when Sara went into the game last night about three guys were whistling, calling her name out along with tons of cheers. Anna, not so much (just general cheers) but that's because everyone knows you do not whistle or call her out for looks, you call her out for play. Sara doesn't mind as much because she just blocks it out anyway, lol. My dad even questioned the whistling.
about the whistling. Would you say that in this aspect Anna is more like you compared to Sara? Meaning you and Anna would be kind of mortified for whistling like that while Sara does not let this bother her. I mean she obviously knows very well what is the effect she has on them, but she does not get uncomfortable by their actions.

Quote:
It's kind of up in the air. The game is in Stillwater which is right on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border which makes it about 30/40 minutes from here. It's at 5 PM Friday and there's a holiday so traffic will be awful with people getting to their lake homes once last time before school. There's my dad and his busy schedule hosting out of town company so if I'm going to bet on it, I'd say no but it's not for sure yet.
What is the holiday about? Sucks that you won't be able to go there watch the game. Would Kris go? I know that she will update all the way through the game if she is there.

Quote:
Yes, it sucks so much!
But on the bright side you like quite young! Apparently below the allowed age .
Old 08-31-2017, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Michelle!

From the old thread:

about the whistling. Would you say that in this aspect Anna is more like you compared to Sara? Meaning you and Anna would be kind of mortified for whistling like that while Sara does not let this bother her. I mean she obviously knows very well what is the effect she has on them, but she does not get uncomfortable by their actions.
Definitely. I would be absolutely mortified if that happened. Sara is totally like my mom and Grandmother... is it ideal? No, but they don't give a sht.

Quote:
What is the holiday about? Sucks that you won't be able to go there watch the game. Would Kris go? I know that she will update all the way through the game if she is there.
Kris is definitely going. Scot also has an issue with work. He might not be able to get away for the game either since he usually gets home around 6/6:30. I am not sure if he found a way to get there or not but Kris is definitely going and you said it, she will text me throughout the game, with updates.

This coming Monday is Labor Day...

Labor Day is basically the last chance for many people to go on trips before the summer ends. In this state in particular, it means getting to those cabins/houses on our many lakes and spending time before having to close them up until winter passes. For students/teens, it is the last chance to get together with friends before school starts again. Labor Day is a federal holiday. All Government offices, organizations, and many businesses are closed. High school starts Tuesday. Some states in the south (and maybe some others around the country) have already started the school year and do so before Labor Day but a large amount of states do not start like us... the day after Labor Day.

Quote:
But on the bright side you like quite young! Apparently below the allowed age .
True.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thank you!

Also, we made the decision this morning... we are not going to their game tomorrow in Stillwater. Too many elements and factors involved that say no, especially my dad having clients in. Even if he could sneak out of there... where he works... WITH holiday traffic it would take him about 2 hours minimum to get there which means he'd have to leave work at 3... that also means not swinging by to get me which would take another 30 minutes. It just doesn't make sense.

So looks like we'll both be nervous together watching tomorrow night.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is VERY cool: Roger Federer practices at New York's Central Park ahead of US Open match

The older Roger gets, the more I like him. When he first came on tour, right on this board, a poster with a SN Coffee who was from Switzerland said their country did not like him because he was known as a hothead and with tons of arrogance and that's not what Switzerland is all about. She was quite offended that he was a fellow Switzerland native because she was embarrassed by his arrogance. I knew before even looking at his Sun sign that he was a Leo. Sure enough.

I think it's safe to say that age has mellowed him quite a bit. It's ironic because he's a major superstar and one of the greatest athletes in the entire world and of course will go down in history as such. But it seems like as he ages, the less arrogant he gets. What major superstar would go to a public tennis court, granted in world famous Central Park, arguably the greatest park in the world and practice his sport? I think it's really cool.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-31-2017 at 11:03 AM
Old 08-31-2017, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Definitely. I would be absolutely mortified if that happened. Sara is totally like my mom and Grandmother... is it ideal? No, but they don't give a sht.
This is so awesome quality. I wish I was like that! Not for this because I don't get reactions like that, but for other stuff.

Quote:
Kris is definitely going. Scot also has an issue with work. He might not be able to get away for the game either since he usually gets home around 6/6:30. I am not sure if he found a way to get there or not but Kris is definitely going and you said it, she will text me throughout the game, with updates.
Good that Kris will be there and will support them!

Quote:
This coming Monday is Labor Day...

Labor Day is basically the last chance for many people to go on trips before the summer ends. In this state in particular, it means getting to those cabins/houses on our many lakes and spending time before having to close them up until winter passes. For students/teens, it is the last chance to get together with friends before school starts again. Labor Day is a federal holiday. All Government offices, organizations, and many businesses are closed. High school starts Tuesday. Some states in the south (and maybe some others around the country) have already started the school year and do so before Labor Day but a large amount of states do not start like us... the day after Labor Day.
I see. Makes sense .
Old 08-31-2017, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one
Old 08-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is super cool and definitely a nice surprise for those people hanging around the park! THe weather has been so perfect, so I am sure there were tons of people in the Park.

Quote:
So looks like we'll both be nervous together watching tomorrow night.
Sure looks like it! How did that happen>
Old 08-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's great of Roger Federer to do that
Closed Thread   Post New Thread