Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sports #125: USMNT has two huge WCQ matches over the next week!

SPORTS

Amazing Alex Morgan.....

2015 Women's World Cup.....

Jordan Morris

Sokolov & Anderson

Christian Pulisic

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Qualifiers - North, Central America and Caribbean - FIFA.com
https://www.ussoccer.com

Last edited by jediwands; 06-11-2017 at 01:55 PM
Old 06-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Last Page of Posts on Previous Thread
Old 06-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!

I totally agree about Villafana. I really don't know much about him, but he didn't seem to make any mistakes.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I am so happy for Clint and I still have lots of faith in his play and his contribution to our team. I hope he ties and breaks Landon's record the next couple of games.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!

I totally agree about Villafana. I really don't know much about him, but he didn't seem to make any mistakes.
Agreed. I wonder what the Mexican League is like. Do you know anything about their professional league? What it's known for? What style of play?
Old 06-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am so happy for Clint and I still have lots of faith in his play and his contribution to our team. I hope he ties and breaks Landon's record the next couple of games.
I know it. He deserves to break that record. It would be wonderful if he gets there AND we win both games or at least win one, tie one. Celebration all around.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Agreed. I wonder what the Mexican League is like. Do you know anything about their professional league? What it's known for? What style of play?
I have heard that it is arguably tougher than the MLS. Not sure about anything else.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have heard that it is arguably tougher than the MLS. Not sure about anything else.
Interesting! So physically tougher (style of play) or the talent is bigger/stronger?
Old 06-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Interesting! So physically tougher (style of play) or the talent is bigger/stronger?
I think it's the talent. Mexico does have strong players.

Bruce has definitely the right idea...

Bruce Arena says Jurgen Klinsmann lacked 'rhyme and reason' for many USMNT call-ups - Goal.com
Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think it's the talent. Mexico does have strong players.

Bruce has definitely the right idea...

Bruce Arena says Jurgen Klinsmann lacked 'rhyme and reason' for many USMNT call-ups - Goal.com
Got it. It's too bad the Mexico league and MLS doesn't interact more.

LOL I love Bruce Arena. He's bang on. What's interesting is you know JKs son is screwed as long as Arena's in there. Not that he even has the talent to compete right now at the highest level, but there's no way Arena would ever take him anyway.

Arena is calling out JK BIG TIME, basically calling him a total idiot with political reasons for every pick, not what was best for the team and actual winning. That's so damn true and it's why I had difficulty supporting this team under JK since he was destroying it. I loved the team, thus, I couldn't support the monster trying to take it down.

Arena is so right on talking consistently and not freaken auditioning during important moments. He's so right on! Stability, chemistry, consistency, I have been harping on about this for years! Finally we have Arena again who lives by these things. I am in heaven.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I knew without even checking Bruce Arena was an Earth Sign based on his philosophy about stability, slow but steady, chemistry, building something together with the same group, not flying here or there and everywhere...

Sure enough... of course he was an Earth Sign!!!!!

Virgo is the builder, the slow builder, the creator with a slow, steady, reliable pace, nothing flashy, slow, steady, building with the SAME blocks.

Quote:
Bruce Arena
Coach
Bruce Arena is an American soccer coach currently serving as head coach of the United States men's national soccer team. He is a member of the National Soccer Hall of Fame. Wikipedia
Born: September 21, 1951 (age 65), Brooklyn, New York City, NY

This guy is my best friend.

Honestly, it's why I've been able to relate to him and his philosophy is straight out of an Earth Sign description.

Again, I am in heaven. I also think the Earth Sign approach has always been within this team's DNA... never giving up, togetherness, consistency, loyalty, stability, chemistry... it makes sense a coach with those same traits works beautifully. It makes sense why someone like JK with a political agenda, no consistency, too much fire, wanting to change too much, wanting to make insane decisions just to change things up with stupid passion without one ounce of a solid building block... never worked. Never. Ever.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-05-2017 at 04:06 PM
Old 06-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Michelle thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
I am too. She was the best keeper in the world for years and I have a feeling if she were still playing she would maintain that title. She's too talented and in my mind, as a goalie, could have played another 5 years.
How old is she now?

Quote:
Koni, Morgan is playing for her regular pro team in Orlando, she signed a loan with Lyon only. Her regular club is Orlando Pride. She is now back with the club, of course injured but she's back.
Good that she is back with the team. Any idea on the seriousness of her injury?

Quote:
I hope Bulgaria picks it up and comes together soon!
We will see .

Quote:
Do you know anything about Anderson professionally or the US team in general right now?
Unfortunately they did not start good. They lost to Serbia with 3:1. The same with Belgium and then another lost to Canada with 3:2. As far as I read the coach is trying to play more with youngsters to prepare them for the next Olympic games.

Anderson and Holt are not with the team in the World League. I don't know why. They used to be key players in the last years so I think that your team needs time to get working together as a team. Plus the youngsters need to gather experience. I expect better results next year.

From what I know Anderson and Holt are not definitely out of the team. They are just taking some off time now. I assume they want to recuperate a bit from their busy club seasons and maybe nurse some light injuries.

Quote:
I don't know what her real job title is, but it says that she is "Commissioner of Women's Football" I don't believe that is a real position. lol
Definitely not!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Sooners Win Instant Classic in Game 1 - The Official Site of Oklahoma Sooner Sports
Old 06-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

This guy is my best friend.

Honestly, it's why I've been able to relate to him and his philosophy is straight out of an Earth Sign description.

Again, I am in heaven. I also think the Earth Sign approach has always been within this team's DNA... never giving up, togetherness, consistency, loyalty, stability, chemistry... it makes sense a coach with those same traits works beautifully. It makes sense why someone like JK with a political agenda, no consistency, too much fire, wanting to change too much, wanting to make insane decisions just to change things up with stupid passion without one ounce of a solid building block... never worked. Never. Ever.
Let's hope he can come through and get us qualified for the world cup. It's not a given yet!

Quote:
Definitely not!
Koni, Of course if they made such a positon..Hope would definitely do a good job!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is outrageous!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40176459
Closed Thread   Post New Thread