Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is the bottom line:

Quote:
An underrated aspect of management is making sure your players don’t think you’re an incompetent jerk. If your players feel like you don’t think they’re good enough and that your tactics don’t make any sense either, you’ve lost a lot before they’ve even stepped on the pitch. It didn’t matter how good Klinsmann’s motivational speeches were in the locker room if players knew he was going to put them in a position to fail tactically and then tell the media they’re crap when the game is over.

The USMNT was more motivated to play for Arena than Klinsmann because the team had confidence that its coach had basic competence and was putting it in a position to succeed. Arena didn’t have to be a genius or a master motivator. He just had to be professional.
JK failed the test. Good riddance.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's huge, Koni! The Netherlands usually has a really strong team.
That's what I thought.

I wonder what Bulgaria's chances are? Great win today!

It seems like Spain and Italy have a really weak group based on what I quickly viewed. Bulgaria is in a much tougher group.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I never heard of him!
I guess we just trust Arena. How awesome is it to say that? LOL It's been a long time since we could say to trust the USMNT coach.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is the bottom line:

JK failed the test. Good riddance.
I love that quote. Bang on!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Vexed by the Hex? A Simple Guide to the Final Round of World Cup Qualifying - U.S. Soccer
Old 03-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Watching the state hs basketball championship. There's various classes. This is the biggest one.

Anyway the brother of a Minnesota Timberwolves player is playing. Both brothers are Minnesota natives and grew up in a bordering city. The high school is 5 minutes from where I live.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

March Madness

Gonzaga won earlier and great game right now between Oregon and Kansas!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched the first 25 minutes of last night's match. Honduras did play well, but just couldn't finish. They had good control of the ball and ir took us awhile to settle in.
When we took our chances we were able to score.
I did notice as far as announcers are concerned that Stuart Holden tells it like it is regarding our team. If he thinks someone could have done better he says it. On the other hand Landon thinks everything is wonderful...except for JK.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Koni,

I noticed Bulgaria took down the Netherlands. Congrats!

I don't know how your WCQ works but you seem to be in third place right now?
Only the first in the group qualifies so it's really difficult to get qualified, but they should play their best and whatever happens .
Old 03-26-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I just watched the first 25 minutes of last night's match. Honduras did play well, but just couldn't finish. They had good control of the ball and ir took us awhile to settle in.
When we took our chances we were able to score.
I did notice as far as announcers are concerned that Stuart Holden tells it like it is regarding our team. If he thinks someone could have done better he says it. On the other hand Landon thinks everything is wonderful...except for JK.

Holden had a point about the communication needing to be ever so slightly better between CP and Bradley but I think by the time the second half transpired it was ironed out.

I think Holden and his blunt way of analyzing versus Landon and his positive encouragement is a nice balance. Seriously, Landon passively but directly taking down JK is the best.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Only the first in the group qualifies so it's really difficult to get qualified, but they should play their best and whatever happens .
That's what I thought... but how are Spain and Italy in the same group yet it always seems like they both get to World Cup? Is there some sort of playoff for that second tier?
Old 03-26-2017, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's what I thought... but how are Spain and Italy in the same group yet it always seems like they both get to World Cup? Is there some sort of playoff for that second tier?
Yes, there are playoffs among the second in all groups. Currently we are in third position after France and Sweden. France for sure will qualify. I think that they will keep their first place. So it will be more like between us and Sweden.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yes, there are playoffs among the second in all groups. Currently we are in third position after France and Sweden. France for sure will qualify. I think that they will keep their first place. So it will be more like between us and Sweden.
Hope France tanks. Lol

Great that you have a chance! Did you watch the game? Do you know the strengths of your team? How do you like the coach?

So let's say you get second... who would you most likely have to play? A team from a different continent or someone in Europe?
Old 03-26-2017, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I edited the title and put Bulgaria in there too!
Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hope France tanks. Lol

Quote:
Great that you have a chance! Did you watch the game? Do you know the strengths of your team? How do you like the coach?
To be honest no. I don't follow them and I did not even know that they had a game. You told me the result basically. I don't enjoy watching them. Of course if they win I will be happy for them and all that, but I watch sports for enjoyment. And they are just not interesting enough for me to watch them and get enjoyment.

Quote:
So let's say you get second... who would you most likely have to play? A team from a different continent or someone in Europe?
Still Europe. There are a lot of countries in Europe that fight for those places. So the battle is only within the continent.