Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Got sidetracked yesterday... I'm not still eating. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I go to hardin SImmons university its in the same town and about 3 blocks down the road from here lol we even workout at there track for pre season and vice versa crazyness
Total craziness. Heh. So how far away are you from home? Do you live at school or do you commute?

Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
Has there been any talk about it in the media? Well, I'm sure there has been, but any rumors about where, if there are attempts to trade him, he may go?
There has been tons of talk. Basically the rumors haven't gone as far as saying where, specifically, he might go. Although Vancouver was brought up because of his lover who plays there LOL but then they said given the divisional rivalry between the Wild/Canucks it might not happen since that would almost be a huge pain for the fans to have to endure. But it was brought up that would probably be the first place he would want to go if given the choice. As far as anywhere else, they said maybe Lemaire and his connections to Montreal could send him up there since they are in the East and if he were to lose Gaborik, why not give him to a team that he has close ties and a connection with.

That's great news about Luongo. What is his current status now?

Soccer and American Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
Liverpool FC is my everything. They're even more important than the Norway team to me.
LOL. That says a lot.

How did you ever become such a huge Liverpool fan? I've always been meaning to ask. Do you have any personal ties with that club like any relatives living in the area or a friend that loves them as well so you sort of fell in love with them due to your associations or was it just a situation that cannot be explained? You've always liked them?

Quote:
But of course, I do have a few other teams I sympathise with. Like the Norwegain top division team closest to where I grew up, Tromsø. (Although thats like a six hour drive away)

I also have a real soft spot for the Scottish team Celtic. This is both a political thing for me due to their rivalery with Rangers (I think I've talked about this in another post), and because of their great fans.

There are quite a few other teams around the world that I keep an eye out for, but as you can tell, it doesn't always much to do with what happens on the pitch. I'm very interested in supporter culture, and the deveopment in fan power. (Teams like Barcelona (arguably the biggest club in the world) and even the Green Bay Packers are owned by the fans, and for me this is the way it should be.)
I absolutely agree.

In a sense that's why I love my native Cleveland Browns so very much in that they once had an owner from hell who was a greedy SOB and ended up moving them to Baltimore of all places. But what happened was the Cleveland Browns fans (I was right in there) fought like hell to keep the "Browns" name, the team colors, everything. We even went to court to fight. And as you can see the Cleveland Browns are still the Cleveland Browns with the traditional team colors of brown/orange so you know who won this battle.

Speaking of the Browns, watching them right now. The Vikings play tonight (my dad's going with clients for a work thing) so we are getting a ton of football games today and Cleveland/Indy is one of them. It's awesome. I look at Cleveland stadium on the shores of Lake Erie right now and I wish I was there. That's my home, always will be no matter what.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Rangers and Giants played at the same time today.....we did a lot of channel flipping.
Let me just say that the Rangers have been playing absolutely terrible. They were beaten 4-0 by the Florida Panthers (not really a super team). The Rangers could not even score on a 5-3 power play!

The Giants, on the other hand, have been super. They are turning me into a football fan (American). Very nice victory against the Redskins today.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Rangers and Giants played at the same time today.....we did a lot of channel flipping.
Let me just say that the Rangers have been playing absolutely terrible. They were beaten 4-0 by the Florida Panthers (not really a super team). The Rangers could not even score on a 5-3 power play!
If it makes you feel any better, my Canucks have slowed down too. Two losses to the Flames, and really poor efforts in general from the team in both games. I mean, they had to start losing some time, and I expected that, but to barely try? That's when it's inexcusable! Plus our PP has been utterly pathetic. They'll find their game again, but I was flipping channels watching the last two games because the lack of effort was so disappointing and boring. Me! Flipping channels during a hockey game!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The Giants, on the other hand, have been super. They are turning me into a football fan (American). Very nice victory against the Redskins today.
I find it amazing that the Giants only loss was to the Browns of all teams who do not have it together this season in the least. LOL. But that's usually how it works... a super talented team can give a game to a team they have no business losing to. But that game was primetime in Cleveland which is a tough place to play (Manning demonstrated as much) so those were huge X factors.

The Giants look awesome, though. They very well could defend their title this season.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
In a sense that's why I love my native Cleveland Browns so very much in that they once had an owner from hell who was a greedy SOB and ended up moving them to Baltimore of all places. But what happened was the Cleveland Browns fans (I was right in there) fought like hell to keep the "Browns" name, the team colors, everything. We even went to court to fight. And as you can see the Cleveland Browns are still the Cleveland Browns with the traditional team colors of brown/orange so you know who won this battle.

I saw a poll which said the Packers and Browns have the biggest fanbases around. Hugely popular. I think Cleveland even edged out the Packers as far as international popularity. The Browns are epic and that says something given that this Packer fan is tipping the scales saying Browns fans are epic, even over Packers fans.

Quote:
Speaking of the Browns, watching them right now. The Vikings play tonight (my dad's going with clients for a work thing) so we are getting a ton of football games today and Cleveland/Indy is one of them. It's awesome. I look at Cleveland stadium on the shores of Lake Erie right now and I wish I was there. That's my home, always will be no matter what.
Cleveland truly does rock.

I don't just say this because I'm trying to impress you. I love everything about this city... you cannot find better Italian food than in Cleveland and I've been to NYC and other places which have amazing Italian as well. Cleveland's food is even better IMO. It's delicious, let alone the other ethnic foods they have there like Polish and others. I love the weather, the people, the atmosphere. It's a magical city. Not a shock you're from there and yes that was a bit of ass kissing but I'm going with it since you're so cool.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Well, OU took care of business against OSU, jumped Texas, and now they just have to take care of business the rest of the way. I'm confident that they'll beat Missouri, but there have been too many bowl game meltdowns for me to be overly confident in the bowl game.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Total craziness. Heh. So how far away are you from home? Do you live at school or do you commute?
Im not to far from home only about 100 miles so its nice an I live on campus
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Im not to far from home only about 100 miles so its nice an I live on campus
That's a perfect distance away. Far enough where you're experiencing living away from home but close enough to get home on weekends if you choose to do so.

My first year of college I was about 70 miles away from home. I really liked that distance.

LOL Erin. Yeah, I love the city of Cleveland and not just because I'm a homer. I really do agree with everything you said about it. It's awesome. Same say it's literally the melting pot of America if you break down the ethnicities and how diverse of a city it is, even over a NYC. The main ones are Poles and Italian but there's so many others added to the nice mix as well. And yes, the food is AWESOME. I mean, given my love for food, it had to originate from somewhere, didn't it?

Quote:
Well, OU took care of business against OSU
Speaking of Oklahoma, which has gone down in history as "the place" where Adrian Peterson, the Vikings outstanding running back got started... Man I watched the Vikings rip the Bears last night and as usual, Peterson played a huge role. He runs violently every, single, time he gets the rock. He is a joy to watch. I think it goes without saying this guy is the best player in the NFL. Matter of fact, it's not even close. He is the best player in the NFL.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just going to add some "fluff" to the sports thread.

1. Coincidence or not.......Madonna and Alex Rodriguez just happen to be in Mexico City (for unrelated reasons) at the same time. ?????????

2. Giants' Plaxico Burress is becoming more of a liability than he's worth. I say get rid of him now. Talent or not.....he's been pretty much useless this season.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

1. They've been hitting the sheets for a long while now. LOL.

2. Burress is just STUPID. What an idiot. He'll probably escape jailtime hiring that mob attorney he has but my God. Why carry the thing in the first place, let alone shoot yourself. That's called stupidity.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
2. Burress is just STUPID. What an idiot. He'll probably escape jailtime hiring that mob attorney he has but my God. Why carry the thing in the first place, let alone shoot yourself. That's called stupidity.

If he is worried about his safety (and I can understand that after what happened to Shawn Taylor) hire a bodyguard. He can definitely afford it. But, if he wanted to carry a gun.....why didn't he just register it? Then he wouldn't be arrested!
The gun was in his pocket and accidently went off and grazed his leg. He's lucky that the bullet didn't graze other stuff!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
If he is worried about his safety (and I can understand that after what happened to Shawn Taylor) hire a bodyguard. He can definitely afford it. But, if he wanted to carry a gun.....why didn't he just register it? Then he wouldn't be arrested!
The gun was in his pocket and accidently went off and grazed his leg. He's lucky that the bullet didn't graze other stuff!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had it registered in Florida but it expired in May. I mean, how much effort would it have taken to get it legally registered in NY? He also has money coming out of his ears, he can hire people to do these kinds of things for him!

This is all so incredibly insane. I think they said legally he could get 3 1/2 years. Do I think he carried it with the intent to harm anyone? No, I'm sure it was for protection but like you said, hire a bodyguard! Is 3 1/2 years excessive? Yes. So I don't think he needs to be nailed to the cross for punishment since he only harmed himself, LOL, and his mob attorney won't allow it anyway, but I just hope he learns a huge lesson not to be so foolish again.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Yeah he is a baby I mean seriously how could you not regesiter your gun especially when you are an important part of a team that is paying you millions!!!

Shooting himself is stupid yes but even taht maybe maybe I could understand with the recent tragedies in the NFL but still wow!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Exactly. LOL.

He has no excuse for not registering it.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting article which combines Sports with Politics:

ESPN - ESPN The Magazine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread