Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

There's a Hallmark movie on right now. Thinking of Alan since he especially loved their Christmas movies.

I love how Alan wasn't afraid to say he loved cheesy movies, or pop music like Britney Spears. He loved his ships. But at the same time he was a diehard sports fan who loved some intense comics and also listened death metal. He was so unique.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:44 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't remember discissing pro sports with him, but yes I recall him being a Sooners fan.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes he was a huge Sooners fan. He loved his OU. He would chant, Boomer Sooner, haha.

He loved all kinds of sports, both college and pro.

He was also heavily involved in fantasy football. He had a few fantasy leagues and one of the leagues was year round. So we talked sports and fantasy football all the time, on and off the board.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tonight I was going through some things in my bedroom and I stumbled upon:

DOCTOR WHO THE TENTH DOCTOR'S SONIC SCREWDRIVER PEN.

I had it in a backpack.

It was a gift... from Alan.

About a year and a half ago I mentioned to him I'd love to get this item. Within less than two weeks I received a package in the mail. It was from Alan and he bought me the sonic screwdriver. It was such a surprise. I thanked him repeatedly and I remember him saying he "stumbled upon it" casually. Right, Alan! I knew better. I knew he went out of his way to buy and send me that pen since that's who he was.

I will always cherish this pen. Love you, Alan.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just found a bunch of old emails from Alan. We both love to analyze so our email exchanges are long and in-depth. I don't have a dynamic in my life like I had with Alan. Not quite like it. I have people that I can talk to easily and certainly analyze things together. But my friendship with Alan was a combination of unique elements such as sports, comics, TV shows, we shared earth signs so we spoke the same language. It was a unique, special friendship. I miss him so much. He was such a great friend. I do smile knowing he's having a blast with his father and everyone else in Eternity.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-03-2020 at 02:06 PM
Old 08-03-2020, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Michelle, that's really nice that you had such a special connection with Alan.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Michelle, that's really nice that you had such a special connection with Alan.
Thank you, Jerry.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Thank you, Jerry.
You're welcome.

Looking back, I wish that I had known him better, but I've tried to honor his memory and I intend to keep in touch with his sister. A lot of people say that they'll keep in touch with people but I actually make the effort to do it, even if it's pretty one-sided.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You're welcome.

Looking back, I wish that I had known him better, but I've tried to honor his memory and I intend to keep in touch with his sister. A lot of people say that they'll keep in touch with people but I actually make the effort to do it, even if it's pretty one-sided.
Definitely. As the phrase goes, talk is cheap.

I know he appreciates it.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Today would have been Alan's birthday. I don't know his sister, but certainly wish her well & Any of your efforts to keep in touch with her.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Today would have been Alan's birthday. I don't know his sister, but certainly wish her well & Any of your efforts to keep in touch with her.
Right. The family has to be struggling right now.

Thanks for remembering his birthday. Still cannot believe he has passed.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Jerry reached out to me on facebook. I was shocked and saddened to hear of Alan's passing. He like many of you played an important role in my life at a tough time. I hope you are all doing well during these tough times.

My thoughts and prayers go to his family and everyone here that knew him.

Last edited by cowgirl08; 08-31-2020 at 06:27 PM
cowgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Jerry reached out to me on facebook. I was shocked and saddened to hear of Alan's passing. He like many of you played an important role in my life at a tough time. I hope you are all doing well during these tough times.

My thoughts and prayers go to his family and everyone here that knew him.
A long history. Our college football talk, Fantasy Football, etc. We all share the losing a parent early connection too. That's the one thing here about Alan's passing... he's now reunited with his father he missed so much.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
A long history. Our college football talk, Fantasy Football, etc. We all share the losing a parent early connection too. That's the one thing here about Alan's passing... he's now reunited with his father he missed so much.
Definitely, so many good talks. Just imagining the moment he saw his father again brings tears to my eyes. What a moment that had to be.

Maybe we should all do a fantasy football league for old times sake in his honor? Doesn't have to be for money or anything just for funsies if there are enough people.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Definitely, so many good talks. Just imagining the moment he saw his father again brings tears to my eyes. What a moment that had to be.

Maybe we should all do a fantasy football league for old times sake in his honor? Doesn't have to be for money or anything just for funsies if there are enough people.
Me too. It had to be such a beautiful moment. I don't think his heart ever quite healed after his dad's death. It never does completely, we both know this personally with our parents. But he would even tell me on PM or Email he was having a bad day due to sadness. We both talked about his dad's passing and my mom's as well. It helped. Their reunion had to be like the 4th of July Fireworks.

I would LOVE to do a Fantasy Football League! I'm not sure how many others would join in is the only issue. But count me in if we can figure something out!
Reply   Post New Thread