Fan Forum Hero

Rina Mimoun #2: We would be Privileged to see Greg guest on one of your shows

When is the next new Privileged?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

There we go.

Tuesday. And it also may be the last!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
There we go.

Tuesday. And it also may be the last!

Season or Series finale?!?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm thinking it'll be the series finale. But we wont find out for sure until the May Upfronts, which, take place in May.

I can't believe we made it to a second thread. Impressive.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

shadow! You're back! Go vote in the Tournament thread!

Oh, and hi. Heh.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shadow, I needed to let out my frustrations on your head in the Tournament thread. I do love you, though.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Shadow, you might want to check the 300 word/phrase thread if you want to redeem yourself. You're one of our characters.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Just a reminder that tonight is the finale. Looking like the series finale too, when the CW basically renews everything but the show today. Le sigh. Why oh why did the show have to get really good after all the mediocrity? Now I care! Blah.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

WHY!?!?!?!!?! If they had just supported it, just a teency weency bit, the show would be fine. But no. I'm gonna be so pissed when May rolls around and its official.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

You know why this show will inevitably be canceled? Because critics actually like it. I swear Dawn Ostroff resents that sort of thing. (Though, maybe there's actually some odd correlation between critics -- i.e. non-tweens -- appreciating something and too many of the desired tweens and young teens hating it or not being interested?)

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly even had a sidebar giving five reasons that Privileged should be renewed. They ranked Joanna Garcia #1 and the twins #3, though I'd readily give Rose and Sage the top spot. Megan still bugs me too frequently for me to give Joanna Garcia that much love. (Rounding out the list were #2 "The Gilmore Vibe", #4 "Its Dark Side" and #5 "Underrated Actors.")
Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

I still don't see the bloody Gilmore Girls vibe! I think that hurt the show. Some people were expecting Gilmore Girls, and it's just not. It's much more comedic and light, and the good drama between the sisters doesn't really remind me that much of Lorelai and Rory, mostly because Rose and Sage might just be more mature than both of them combined, heh.

Yeah, I'd put the sisters as #1 too, and that's with being a Joanna fan. If the show does end up being canceled, Lucy Hale needs to get on another show, just as quickly as she got on this one after whatever sci-fi thingy she was on last season. Unless it was something incredibly awful, I really do think I'd tune in just to watch her. She's been the revelation of this show, for me.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Hmm. Megan probably should have paid a little more attention to those Friends Season 3 DVDs a few episodes ago than she apparently did.

Not much else to say at the moment (I'll wait until it's aired in all time zones, heh, because the ending...yeah, Rina's sure optimistic about a pickup), but also, I want to adopt Rose. Which is a rather bizarre emotional response to the character, given that I'm only about 7-8 years older than she is, but she's so cute!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, there was definitely hope for more with that episode! I won't say anything else except....Deb Talan! How nostalgic she made me feel.

ETA: Another thing.....I find nothing appealing about Kathy Griffin.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-24-2009 at 09:10 PM
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Well, Rina took the decidedly non-Berlanti approach. That's the cliffhanger or that's the end, and it's up to Dawn Ostroff. Both approaches have failed, so we'll see. It's definitely a risk.

I thought the ending, if this is indeed the ending, was that beautiful scene between Rose and Sage talking about the growth they've went through because of Megan, and how hard growth is, but how rewarding it has been for them. Megan has affected their life for the better, and no matter what paths they take, they will still be those two sisters in the first episode, so very connected and united. Not surprising that they would really keep the theme of the series alive.

As for the rest? Too much drama for my tastes. I think that was the point, of course, to put the drama in, get the audience hooked, and force them to get this show a second season. But I can do without all of that. I can, frankly, do without Will, and I can almost do without Megan. A spin-off for Rose/Sage, Marco/Keith, Remy (I forgot how to spell this again, hee) the Doorman would be awesome. We were back to the romantic drama for the sake of romantic drama again, and I have to say that was frustrating for what could be the final episode, so I'm really thankful for Rose and Sage. Will and Megan should have gotten the scene between Sage and Luis, as they fit together even less. They're an awful couple, though, so I can't imagine them having a semi-respectful break up like Sage and Luis did.

Both Sage and Luis handled their views on gay marriage really poorly, but that was probably the realistic way to go. Even though Sage was supposed to be more sympathetic, and certainly was, she was being almost as heavy-handed and stubborn to her views as Luis is. And I agree with her! Hee, I actually laughed a little, because she has always been painted as the less open-minded and exploring sister, but it was nice to see her stand up for something that she does believe in. And it was all really realistically handled, again. Two teenagers breaking up over a fight instigated by gay marriage like Luis and Sage did, that's how it would go I think.

Marco and Keith were great, I didn't even mind Kathy Griffin all that much (used in small doses) and there were a ton of great Mimoun lines. And I don't usually laugh at poop jokes, but Zack's comment about not being the kind of guy to go #2 in the woods was really funny. That guy has comic delivery!

Quote:
Deb Talan! How nostalgic she made me feel.
Aw, wasn't that great? Effectively used on both shows too!

I don't want it to be over. I really don't care about the "to be continued" as it relates to Will/Megan, but as it relates to Sage/Rose? Seeing how much they have grown, consistently and really the only characters to do so, has been a really great journey. I want to see more of that, definitely. So, despite the actual hook of the cliffhanger being utterly boring to me, I would love to see this show back!

Last edited by 'Tos; 02-24-2009 at 10:24 PM
Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And I don't usually laugh at poop jokes, but Zack's comment about not being the kind of guy to go #2 in the woods was really funny. That guy has comic delivery!
That was a funny line, but I don't think that he's a very good actor.
Reply   Post New Thread