Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Ephram was a moody stranger who lost his mother and was stuck trying to forge a relationship with his estranged father in a strange town.
Talk about a tough situation.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
You summed it up perfectly. We saw how Ephram cared for Delia. He constantly looked out for her well being. You are so right, he wasn't speaking to Andy about just himself, it was about his deceased mom, his sister, their family dynamic as a while. I cringed when a few posters thought he was bratty. I never remotely saw it that way and thankfully most didn't either.
While I do know that some people thought that Julia was sharing too much with Ephram and the line between then as a mother and a son was a bit blurred I think that it was Ephram who did it. I don't think that Julia had allowed herself to badmouth Andy in front of Ephram. I think that Ephram was quite observant and had noticed that Julia feels a bit neglected. I think that it was him who wanted to ask the questions. It was why Ephram had so much problems with Andy in the first season. He knew that Andy was absent father and husband. It wasn't just that Andy was for Ephram. It was Andy not being there for Delia and Julia when he was supposed to be. And then the parent that was actually for Delia and Ephram ended up dead. I think that Ephram found this totally unfair. He was really pissed and his anger manifested and was pointed at Andy.

Quote:
When Ephram got moody over Amy, stuff like that, he was a typical teenager then. But when he confronted his father about his treatment of their family, Ephram was actually the adult during their conversations.
Oh yeah, he had typical teen moments where he was moody over minor things. But for me personally Ephram wanted Andy to get better for Delia. Ephram was pushing Andy so that Delia could have better experience with her father growing up.
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You summed it up perfectly. We saw how Ephram cared for Delia. He constantly looked out for her well being.
That's why I was so upset with him when He was planning to leave for Europe. He never told Delia and almost (except for the last scene with her) acted as if he really didn't care about her feelings.

Quote:
And then the parent that was actually for Delia and Ephram ended up dead. I think that Ephram found this totally unfair. He was really pissed and his anger manifested and was pointed at Andy.
It really was unfair. Not only did Ephram experience an absentee dad, but now he was stuck with him!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-12-2016 at 06:13 AM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's why I was so upset with him when He was planning to leave for Europe. He never told Delia and almost (except for the last scene with her) acted as if he really didn't care about her feelings.
I think that this was proof that he was really bad. Like really. In any other case Ephram would talk to Delia. He was so out of himself in these episodes which for me was just another proof that he was messed up. Big time.

This doesn't mean that it was fun for Delia or Amy or Andy. Far from it.

Quote:
It really was unfair. Not only did Ephram experience and absentee dad, but now he was stuck with him!
Yeah. Sometimes life is a bitch they say . And Ephram was definitely pissed for that.
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I think that this was proof that he was really bad. Like really. In any other case Ephram would talk to Delia. He was so out of himself in these episodes which for me was just another proof that he was messed up. Big time.

This doesn't mean that it was fun for Delia or Amy or Andy. Far from it.
He really was "off" and totally not himself. It's like he couldn't feel at all. He just existed in his shell of a body.

The second he returned from Europe, Delia, Amy, and Andy are the three people he actively approached, making it crystal clear that he still loved and cared about them. The real Ephram had returned.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved them the most.
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)

I loved them the most.
Your ships are very very strong, Rachel!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Rachel, did you like Dov and Chloe?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really need Greg in something new.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think we all need that.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Definitely. Like I mentioned on another thread, I know that he loves directing, but it messes me up in the head when I see him directing shows with actors he could run circles around in the acting department.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I feel the same way even though I know there're still a lot of his works I haven't watched yet. It's already almost two years since we saw RB end.
jemappellealvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Definitely. Like I mentioned on another thread, I know that he loves directing, but it messes me up in the head when I see him directing shows with actors he could run circles around in the acting department.
Like can't he do both? Acting and directing. This way we will see him as actor as well and that's what we all want.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellealvin (View Post)
I feel the same way even though I know there're still a lot of his works I haven't watched yet. It's already almost two years since we saw RB end.
Have you seen RB? If so, how did you like the series as a whole and Greg's character?
Old 04-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Like can't he do both? Acting and directing. This way we will see him as actor as well and that's what we all want.
Exactly, it would be ideal. We should tweet him about how much we want to see him act again. I am serious. I don't even tweet but it'd be kind of cool having a few of us tweet how much we miss him on the small and large screen. Even tweet Berlanti for that matter. I honestly think I am going to tweet them both, identifying myself as a diehard Everwood fan who loves Ephram Brown and Greg's acting in general. Who knows if they'd read it (but then again, I'm shocked how many do respond to fan tweets) but I'd love to attempt to let him know he has Everwood fans out there who would love to see him acting on the screen again.

Last edited by The Apt; 04-29-2017 at 04:02 PM
Reply   Post New Thread