Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2020, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The movies really did Ginny a disservice because she was a much stronger and more beautiful a character in the books. Bonnie Wright is reasonably attractive, but she's no Ginny Weasley.
True, but it didn't help that Kloves gave her nothing to work with because he was trying too hard to force H/HR fanfiction into the movies
Old 12-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
No doubt about that

They did, so it sucks that George was never the same after that.
Yea, just terribly sad.

Percy was the perfect choice. Even Charlie. It was a Weasley death but felt more by the characters since we hardly knew Charlie. I guess she was going for an emotional punch but I just think it was a little too much because of like you said, the twin aspect too. You never get over the death of a family member, especially a murder. But there is something about that twin connection. You are simply never the same. We don't even know if George was ever able to laugh again. Sad.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The first HG kiss...

"Hermione was beaming, but Harry's eyes sought Ron. At last he found him, still clutching the Cup and wearing an expression appropriate to having been clubbed over the head."

I remember asking HHr fans why Hermione was BEAMING during the HG kiss... some actually said she was covering up hurt.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Yea, just terribly sad.

Percy was the perfect choice. Even Charlie. It was a Weasley death but felt more by the characters since we hardly knew Charlie. I guess she was going for an emotional punch but I just think it was a little too much because of like you said, the twin aspect too. You never get over the death of a family member, especially a murder. But there is something about that twin connection. You are simply never the same. We don't even know if George was ever able to laugh again. Sad.
No we don't

But I think Lupin and Tonks covered the emotional punch enough for me
Old 12-02-2020, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I see.

Are your sisters readers?
Yes, they read some, and I know that my half-sister likes to read. She recommended that book on New York that I read a few months ago.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-02-2020, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
True, but it didn't help that Kloves gave her nothing to work with because he was trying too hard to force H/HR fanfiction into the movies
Ah, okay, now I understand.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-02-2020, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, they read some, and I know that my half-sister likes to read. She recommended that book on New York that I read a few months ago.
That's great.

My sister loves to read... books related to science and that's pretty much it. I guess the scientist doesn't have time to stop focusing on science.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Kloves gave her nothing to work with because he was trying too hard to force H/HR fanfiction into the movies
He was a moron, literally wanting to make Dan and Emma as Harry and Hermione canon in the films. He knew he couldn't completely go there but tried to write his own little weird side story which was insulting and complete insanity.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No we don't

But I think Lupin and Tonks covered the emotional punch enough for me
Most definitely. Way more than enough! Unfortunately, it seems Rowling was determined to kill a Weasley... thus, either Fred or Arthur. In a past interview she said it was going to be a Weasley due to emotional reaction and for whatever reason, in her creative mind, it just had to be. I guess we can thank our lucky stars it wasn't Ron or Ginny!
Old 12-03-2020, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He was a moron, literally wanting to make Dan and Emma as Harry and Hermione canon in the films. He knew he couldn't completely go there but tried to write his own little weird side story which was insulting and complete insanity.
He really did, which I hated so much

Quote:
Most definitely. Way more than enough! Unfortunately, it seems Rowling was determined to kill a Weasley... thus, either Fred or Arthur. In a past interview she said it was going to be a Weasley due to emotional reaction and for whatever reason, in her creative mind, it just had to be. I guess we can thank our lucky stars it wasn't Ron or Ginny!
Sure does seem like it
Old 12-03-2020, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
This picture goes along with what you both said:

Old 12-03-2020, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That's great.

My sister loves to read... books related to science and that's pretty much it. I guess the scientist doesn't have time to stop focusing on science.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^

Yes, Rupert and Bonnie were not allowed to truly portray the real Ron and Ginny. It’s kind of immaterial that Bonnie doesn’t necessarily look like book Ginny. The vast majority of book reader’s already have images of the real Ginny inside their minds anyway. I know I do.

But as far as acting, Bonnie and Rupert are much better actors than Dan and Emma. I don’t even think it’s close. It might be partially why they weren’t allowed to fully do their thing on the screen because it would take away from Dan and Emma, the two Hollywood wanted to feature the most.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
^

Yes, Rupert and Bonnie were not allowed to truly portray the real Ron and Ginny. It’s kind of immaterial that Bonnie doesn’t necessarily look like book Ginny. The vast majority of book reader’s already have images of the real Ginny inside their minds anyway. I know I do.

But as far as acting, Bonnie and Rupert are much better actors than Dan and Emma. I don’t even think it’s close. It might be partially why they weren’t allowed to fully do their thing on the screen because it would take away from Dan and Emma, the two Hollywood wanted to feature the most.
That's really too bad.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's really too bad.
It is because the true essence of Harry Potter was never captured on the big screen. It really was a Dan and Emmy fan fic.

What made it even more bizarre is you couldn’t have gotten more elite adult actors for the adult characters. You had big-time talent. You wasted all that talent.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread