Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2020, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Haha, it was fun. All three were on edge. Rowling describes the experience so perfectly.
She seriously did
Old 08-05-2020, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I just got done reading an excellent book that was written by my former High School Teacher, Peter Quinn, called Looking for Jimmy, A Search For Irish America that chronicled the arrival of multitudes of Irish people to America and especially New York in the aftermath of the Potato Famine in the Mid-Nineteenth Century. I found it to be a fascinating account of how the Irish overcame poverty and bigotry and persevered and prospered in a country that didn't welcome them at all initially. I especially related to the parts where he talked about growing up Irish Catholic in The Bronx. I highly recommend this book.
Sounds really interesting!

I found this: https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/i...ew-peter-quinn

Have you read all his books?

How special you personally know him. He sounds like a down earth, intelligent, obviously really talented guy.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Harry Potter: 10 Ways the Order of the Phoenix Got Worse and Worse
Old 08-06-2020, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds really interesting!

I found this: https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/i...ew-peter-quinn

Have you read all his books?

How special you personally know him. He sounds like a down earth, intelligent, obviously really talented guy.
Thanks for the link to that article! I hadn't seen it before. Right now I'm starting to read Banished Children of Eve, a novel about New York during the Civil War and the Draft Riots that took place then. I intend to read all his books eventually.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-06-2020, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the link!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks for the link to that article! I hadn't seen it before. Right now I'm starting to read Banished Children of Eve, a novel about New York during the Civil War and the Draft Riots that took place then. I intend to read all his books eventually.
Sounds great.

Did you ever consider teaching history? I think you would have made a fantastic history teacher/professor. Actually, I could have seen you go the exact route as your former history teacher/author. You are great with people, love history, and an exceptional writer. You could have taught and produced some outstanding novels.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds great.

Did you ever consider teaching history? I think you would have made a fantastic history teacher/professor. Actually, I could have seen you go the exact route as your former history teacher/author. You are great with people, love history, and an exceptional writer. You could have taught and produced some outstanding novels.
Thanks Michelle.

Yes, I would have liked to have been a History Teacher in a High School or College if I could do it all over. I would have also liked to have been a writer.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-06-2020, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks Michelle.

Yes, I would have liked to have been a History Teacher in a High School or College if I could do it all over. I would have also liked to have been a writer.
You succeeded regardless but I could have totally seen you take that path.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You succeeded regardless but I could have totally seen you take that path.
Thanks so much!

Old 08-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks so much!
Old 08-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the link!
No problem
Old 08-06-2020, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
No problem
Those are all very good points. I hadn't thought of so many of them. It is very strange the Trio basically had to deal with the Horcrux situation on their own. You have to wonder if Dumbledore would have been alive during this time period had things been different. Then again, I also never understood why he delayed revealing the prophecy to Harry for so long. I also found it weird that Snape was so cruel to students not in Slytherin. It wasn't just Harry either. He was nasty to Ron, Hermione and others.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Those are all very good points. I hadn't thought of so many of them. It is very strange the Trio basically had to deal with the Horcrux situation on their own. You have to wonder if Dumbledore would have been alive during this time period had things been different. Then again, I also never understood why he delayed revealing the prophecy to Harry for so long. I also found it weird that Snape was so cruel to students not in Slytherin. It wasn't just Harry either. He was nasty to Ron, Hermione and others.
I would think so

Snape was an dick, lol
Old 08-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I would think so

Snape was an dick, lol
So many loved him. I did feel for him a tad because he obviously wasn't completely dark or he wouldn't have fallen for Lily Potter. I also felt sorry for him when they bullied him. However, in general, he was rather miserable and cruel.

Were you shocked Harry and Ginny named one of their children after him? Did you find it appropriate?

Last edited by jediwands; 08-06-2020 at 07:55 PM
Old 08-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Administrator

It's understandable why Snape was the way he was. He lost the only woman he ever loved to the cruel bully that taunted him and made his life miserable, but despite that he swore to protect her son, a son who looked a lot like his tormentor.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread