Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You'll float too...

^^^ One of the most terrifying lines in horror history. LOL

I had no idea a new version was hitting the screen, this time the large screen!

Stephen King's IT is one of my favorite books of all time. I have three of the books, one is a collectors and I never touch it.

I will be watching this movie, for sure! It looks even more terrifying than the TV movie version too based on the small scenes we've seen... the bathroom scene with Beverly is going to be much more terrifying, Georgie's death... wow. I am definitely looking forward to the movie.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash

I love this comment:

Quote:
Lastly, when will Iris not be the most selfless person on the show?. I know she's trying to walk Barry away from the edge, but her life is more important than a giant gorilla & a murderer whose unrepentant. I don't think she really realizes how important her life is to Barry. Unfortunately, she's not going to the future w/him next ep, so she'll probably never see her importance to him. Even if he tells her (which he does all the time, anyway), she probably won't believe him.
I completely agree. Iris is so selfless. It's why she's clearly my favorite character on The Flash.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash: Abra Kadabra 3.18

Like this review: https://411mania.com/movies/the-flas...-abra-kadabra/

Few added thoughts:

- I am not sure I buy HR having some sort of sexy interaction and that's why he was gone. While it's probably in character for him to love this as much as he loves coffee, I wonder if it's a hint that he was elsewhere and it might even connect to the main plot.

- I mentioned how much I adore Iris. I do. She's one of the strongest female characters on TV. She reminds me of Raven... she's selfless, strong, loving, caring, puts others before herself. I loved the WestAllen cuteness in the beginning and then the heart to hearts with Iris being so strong and selfless. She's the best. Her interaction with Joe made me cry too. I love Iris.

- I found it interesting that Joe's GF brought up that touchy time period. Was it deliberate? Could she play a part in the villain aspect somehow?

- Carlos Valdes killed it when Cisco thought Caitlin died. He was magical.

- Still like Gypsy/Cisco.

- I love Caitlin/Julian and hope somehow: 1) Tom stays on as a series regular the rest of the way 2) Caitlin and Julian CAN be together since that's in doubt now given what happened in the last episode

- It really bothers me that some people (on previously tv, certainly not all, but some) are rolling their eyes over Barry wanting to time travel into the future. Why are they watching a show based on a comic about a Speedster who... travels into the freaken future?!?! It's what he does! Also, traveling into the future isn't the same as traveling into the past where he got into trouble before. I think it's 100% reasonable and understandable why Barry feels he has to travel into the future. These villain speeders are time traveling to gain knowledge (and try to take him down and others he loves) so why on earth shouldn't Barry do the same? He has to, matter of fact! I think he will find a way to not only help Iris, but Caitlin, too. But seriously, if some have issues with time travel, they are watching the wrong show. I mean, it's really that simple. LOL
Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Beverly Hills 90210

Season 1 is airing on a cable network. I've been watching. I forgot how much I loved this show.

Beverly Hills 90210 came before Dawson's Creek. This show started it all when it comes to this type of flavor. Dawson's Creek, Roswell, Felicity and so on never would have been created without Beverly Hills 90210.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Arrow

Alan... I was eating dinner waiting for The 100 to appear on my screen and as you know, before The 100 is Arrow.

Anyway, I watched the last 15 minutes.

I have a question... Prometheus is the classic definition of a psychopath in the psychology world. My question is why is he able to walk around? Why isn't Oliver or Lance arresting him? He literally gets to walk around wherever he wants to, right out in the open too... he strolled into the mayors office... how and why? I've never seen anything so stupid as an outsider and real life psychologist, lol. He's a legit psychopath and Oliver and Lance could have taken him out multiple times, arrested him just as many, but they let him go? Why?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks! It's a Stag Patronus from Harry Potter... I've taken the quiz multiple times and I keep getting the Stag Patronus as my personal Patronus too which makes sense because it fits. Some people have even matched all the Patronus possibilities and astrologically connected them and the Stag is connected to Capricorn so all the more fitting, lol. The Stag was Harry Potter's and his father's Patronus, as well. Patronus is basically in a Spiritual sense, a Guardian Angel who comes to your need when in trouble.
Ah I see. So fitting for you!

Quote:
Caitlin Snow is based on a comic book character who plays a villain named Killer Frost. I really like the character and was happy that they weren't totally making her full on Killer Frost on the TV show. They made an Earth 2 version Killer Frost but the real Caitlin did have some metahuman powers and the ability to develop into full on Killer Frost under the right circumstances. All season long she was scared of turning. She wore something around her that controlled her powers.

Anyway, she got injured during a battle with a villain last night and had to have surgery. She didn't want to go to a regular hospital because they would take that thing off that would have entered her in Killer Frost territory. So she had Team Flash do this surgery on her. All seemed okay until the very end of the episode where she completely goes into what appeared to be a cardiac arrest... she completely flatlined, she was dead. She told everyone she rather be dead over trying to be revived while taking off the protection necklace. Well, the character who plays Julian aka Tom Felton, aka a Harry Potter movie character, lol, who has romantic feelings for her couldn't accept the fact that she died... wow the actor who plays Cisco, Carlos Valdes, he was so convincing while breaking down over her death, it was heartbreaking. Anyway, Julian couldn't accept her death so he ripped off the protection necklace thingy and immediately her injury/wound/heart issue heals, but cold comes out of her mouth, everyone around her is spread out across the room due to the powerful moment and she gets up not as Caitlin Snow anymore, but as the villain, Killer Frost! She has completely transformed. This also falls in line with a prediction about the future too.
Do you think that this will be temporarily or you think that she will be now a villain. I remember that she was best friend with Barry so I assume her being villain would destroy this friendship.

Quote:
So we got "Caitlin" back but she has transformed into the villain, Killer Frost. However, I wonder what would happen if we put the protection/necklace back on... I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll endure several episodes of Caitlin as this ruthless villain but eventually the Team will find a way to get her back... or at least in a place where she controls her powers again. But right now... she's 100% villain!
This makes sense for me as well because if she becomes villain permanently, they will destroy a really good stable relationship that I think is one of the focal ones in the show.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

It's not really the focal point at allZ Caitlin is closer with Cisco than Barry. Barry's best friends on the show are Iris and Cisco but with that said he dies really care about her and she matters. I am apathetic about her cause she has sort of been floundering as a character since Ronnie died. She just doesn't resonate with me.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
It's not really the focal point at allZ Caitlin is closer with Cisco than Barry. Barry's best friends on the show are Iris and Cisco but with that said he dies really care about her and she matters. I am apathetic about her cause she has sort of been floundering as a character since Ronnie died. She just doesn't resonate with me.
Ah I see. I guess I was left with the wrong impression that Caitlin/Barry friendship is one of the more important ones in the show.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ah I see. So fitting for you!
It is. That's why I love Harry Potter so much. The depth and layers this series has is remarkable. It's not just about a boy wizard. It tackles racism, sexism, prejudice, and the list goes on. But one of the main themes is divination/spirituality. It's ever present throughout the entire series. The beauty of it is Rowling doesn't push it on you, it's just there, flowing, naturally.

Quote:
Do you think that this will be temporarily or you think that she will be now a villain. I remember that she was best friend with Barry so I assume her being villain would destroy this friendship.
Shu is right about the friendship. I wouldn't call them best friends. Barry is much closer with Cisco, Joe, of course Iris as a romantic partner and best friend too. Barry and Caitlin are friends though, of course.

I am honestly not sure where they're going with the villain aspect... if they go the comic route, she will remain a villain... Killer Frost is one of the biggest villains in the DC Comics:

Quote:
After gaining the ability to absorb heat from living beings and to project cold and ice, Caitlin Snow emerged a changed woman—and became the villain Killer Frost.

Sociopathic by nature, Killer Frost’s icy exterior matches her chillingly cold interior. Militant and sadistic, she enjoys killing and feels no remorse when taking another’s life. Frost constantly finds herself at odds with the hero Firestorm, whose vast output of energy provides a massive power source for the villain. And when it comes to unlimited power, Frost will kill anyone in her way to get it.

Killer Frost’s ability to figuratively and literally chill anyone to the bone and her wanton disregard of life make her an incredibly dangerous foe—one who not only wants to kill but also takes pleasure in doing so.
Killer Frost | DC

That is a pretty vicious villain.

But I assumed on the TV show they'd have this version of Caitlin Snow a little different, especially since they showcased Killer Frost on a different Earth (Earth 2) as the vicious villain. However, I am not sure where they're going with Caitlin on Earth 1. I feel like TPTB will at the very least, tone down her powers so she's not a sociopathic murderous villain like the comics. I guess we'll see.

Quote:
This makes sense for me as well because if she becomes villain permanently, they will destroy a really good stable relationship that I think is one of the focal ones in the show.
I think Team Flash will find a way to save her.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ah I see. I guess I was left with the wrong impression that Caitlin/Barry friendship is one of the more important ones in the show.
They are friends but not emotionally close. They don't have a lot of scenes together one on one, not that many. Barry and Iris grew up together as best friends but with Barry always having romantic feelings for her. So Iris has always been his very best friend. Then Cisco came along and he's clearly his best guy best friend. Barry can't even function when he's fighting with Cisco. Now Caitlin and Cisco are very, very close friends. They are always talking to each other, crying to each other one on one about things. They are extremely close. Caitlin also has Julian, a guy she's grown to have romantic feelings for. So I would say Cisco is by far Caitlin's very best friend.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
They are friends but not emotionally close. They don't have a lot of scenes together one on one, not that many. Barry and Iris grew up together as best friends but with Barry always having romantic feelings for her. So Iris has always been his very best friend. Then Cisco came along and he's clearly his best guy best friend. Barry can't even function when he's fighting with Cisco. Now Caitlin and Cisco are very, very close friends. They are always talking to each other, crying to each other one on one about things. They are extremely close. Caitlin also has Julian, a guy she's grown to have romantic feelings for. So I would say Cisco is by far Caitlin's very best friend.
NGL I really wish they did something with them. Cause I think they have amazing chemistry.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
NGL I really wish they did something with them. Cause I think they have amazing chemistry.
I completely agree. I'd be so on board, too.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
In season 1 and early season 2 they were close, but their friendship has cooled a lot since they both became involved with other people...which kinda sucks because as much as I like the idea of SnowBarry, it was nice that two pretty people of opposite genders were close like that without it being the precursor to sexy times.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Arrow

Alan... I was eating dinner waiting for The 100 to appear on my screen and as you know, before The 100 is Arrow.

Anyway, I watched the last 15 minutes.

I have a question... Prometheus is the classic definition of a psychopath in the psychology world. My question is why is he able to walk around? Why isn't Oliver or Lance arresting him? He literally gets to walk around wherever he wants to, right out in the open too... he strolled into the mayors office... how and why? I've never seen anything so stupid as an outsider and real life psychologist, lol. He's a legit psychopath and Oliver and Lance could have taken him out multiple times, arrested him just as many, but they let him go? Why?
I haven't watched the last couple of episodes, but I am pretty sure it's a case of they know that he's Prometheus, but they don't have any physical proof that he is.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
In season 1 and early season 2 they were close, but their friendship has cooled a lot since they both became involved with other people...which kinda sucks because as much as I like the idea of SnowBarry, it was nice that two pretty people of opposite genders were close like that without it being the precursor to sexy times.
I think early season one was showing potential for a very close friendship between Barry and Caitlin. He even confided in her about Iris and his romantic feelings for her. I think one of the issues is Caitlin is very closed off when it comes to showing emotion. She was hurting over Ronnie and didn't want anyone to know how much pain she was in. She doesn't just open up to anyone. What happened was beautifully she found a way to open up to Cisco. Cisco also opened up to her about losing his brother. Cisco and Caitlin have been there for each other through thick and thin. Her fears over becoming Killer Frost were shared with Cisco and to a lesser extent, Julian. Her emotional backbone and true best friend has always been Cisco. They have had such beautiful moments over the series run. It's why I love this dynamic and absolutely wouldn't mind if they went romantic. You saw the look of devastation on Cisco's face when Caitlin died. Cisco and Caitlin are best friends with an emotional closeness that is unique and precious.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread