Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want to interrupt the flow of these episode discussions, but I must mention the film I just came home from seeing: Hidden Figures. This is one of the most outstanding films I have ever seen. A true story that had me angry, disgusted, and proud all at the same time. I totally recommend this film. Has anyone seen it?

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-18-2017 at 04:03 PM
Old 02-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You know I haven't seen it, lol.

What is it about?
Old 02-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I don't want to interrupt the flow of these episode discussions, but I must mention the film I just came home from seeing: Hidden Figures. This is one of the most outstanding films I have ever seen. A true story that had me angry, disgusted, and proud all at the same time. I totally recommend this film. Has anyone seen it?
No, but its on my to watch iist cause I love Tiraji p. Henson.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No, but its on my to watch iist cause I love Tiraji p. Henson.
You need to see it, Shu. It's going to infuriate you for sure, cause it definitely infuriated me. But...such a good film.

Tiraji p. Henson is wonderful..as are all 3 women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
You know I haven't seen it, lol.

What is it about?
Old 02-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the link.

That looks really, really good! I love the premise. The acting looks superb.

"I wouldn't have to, I'd already be one."

Oh snap!

I want to see this!
Old 02-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for the link.

That looks really, really good! I love the premise. The acting looks superb.

"I wouldn't have to, I'd already be one."

Oh snap!

I want to see this!
The premise is true. It really happened. Michelle, you would love it. It was one of those movies that you don't to end. You felt so much for the characters and the events. At the end of the movie the viewers actually applauded.
I always go to the Ladies room after a move lol and when I entered...people were gushing, "That was soooooo good!" "Wasn't that good?" etc. You couldn't stop talking about it!
Old 02-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure y'all have already discussed this on the previous thread but how about the new 100?

They are moving things along....the writers really wanted us to believe there was a little hope didn't they? Only to shoot us down once more. Loved the Bellarke interaction, of course they would put each other on the list. The list as a whole though, what a depressing thing to have on Clarke's shoulders once more?

Speaking of, 100 people on the list? The ending of the episode insinuating that Luna's blood is the key to survival i.e. how Mount Weather used the grounders & 100s blood to save their people? The season is really bringing things full circle. That's why I love this show it makes you think. While that seemed so cruel when it was the Mountain Men, now they have to do something similar to Luna to survive I would think? I'm sure they will be more humane about it but at the end of the day they still have to poke and prod her to survive.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The premise is true. It really happened. Michelle, you would love it. It was one of those movies that you don't to end. You felt so much for the characters and the events. At the end of the movie the viewers actually applauded.
I always go to the Ladies room after a move lol and when I entered...people were gushing, "That was soooooo good!" "Wasn't that good?" etc. You couldn't stop talking about it!
That's awesome. Makes me want to go and see it in the theater.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
I'm sure y'all have already discussed this on the previous thread but how about the new 100?

They are moving things along....the writers really wanted us to believe there was a little hope didn't they? Only to shoot us down once more. Loved the Bellarke interaction, of course they would put each other on the list. The list as a whole though, what a depressing thing to have on Clarke's shoulders once more?

Speaking of, 100 people on the list? The ending of the episode insinuating that Luna's blood is the key to survival i.e. how Mount Weather used the grounders & 100s blood to save their people? The season is really bringing things full circle. That's why I love this show it makes you think. While that seemed so cruel when it was the Mountain Men, now they have to do something similar to Luna to survive I would think? I'm sure they will be more humane about it but at the end of the day they still have to poke and prod her to survive.
I posted up my thoughts on the previous thread but when making the new thread, brought over the last posts. I'm the only one that's commented on the episode so if you wanted to read my thoughts, they are here:
http://www.fanforum.com/89237049-post2.html

Nice thoughts. Totally agree about things coming full circle. This show = THINKING. Love it!

I completely agree about using Luna as a test tube. Some people speculate Clarke might have Nightblood because she mixed her blood with Ontari's at the end of season 3. I am not sure. Wouldn't she be able to keep The Flame if she did? They had to actively pump Ontari's blood through her body just to keep The Flame from killing her and once they stopped pumping they had to take it out. So you'd think that means Clarke does not have Nightblood. If she did, she would have kept The Flame inside her.

I bet Abby will use Luna until she figures out how to give radiation resistance to everyone.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I completely agree about using Luna as a test tube. Some people speculate Clarke might have Nightblood because she mixed her blood with Ontari's at the end of season 3. I am not sure. Wouldn't she be able to keep The Flame if she did? They had to actively pump Ontari's blood through her body just to keep The Flame from killing her and once they stopped pumping they had to take it out. So you'd think that means Clarke does not have Nightblood. If she did, she would have kept The Flame inside her.

I bet Abby will use Luna until she figures out how to give radiation resistance to everyone.
That's a good point I somehow didn't even think about the possibility of Clarke having it in her since it seemed to be drained out.....I guess perhaps enough was left over? Like a vaccine you only need a small part of the virus to make you immune right? Maybe with night blood you just need a small amount to fight off the radiation.

The question will still come down to who gets the blood though. Luna only has so much without killing her and if Clarke has any realistically it shouldn't be much - although blood does reproduce right? Soooo I suppose what little she has in there could be doing that.

I don't know. Selfishly Bellamy just better get some. And Octavia - only reason it's acceptable for her to die is if it's some sort of after world thing where she gets to be with Lincoln.

Quote:
Really liked this episode. It was sad but almost every episode has some sadness. Murphy stuff, Luna background was great. Glad Murphy and Emori are going to Arcadia to stay. Luna... Nightblood, of course! Raven certainly evolved some in this episode. Octavia truly is a trained killer. Every episode it seems she's chopping off someone's head. Honestly, I want much more for her. I like the true mother/daughter dynamic between Indra/Octavia. Shocked Indra has a daughter. Jaha still "out there" but he did try to help. I also liked what he said to Bellamy about the past. Bellamy carries such a heavy heart. Jaha is right, he truly thought he was doing good for his people. He made wrong decisions but always with pure intentions, to help his people. Jaha... you are correct. Bellamy is in pain over it daily. If that doesn't show how remorseful he is, I don't know what to say. In my mind, Octavia right now is the one that is the cold blooded killer. Roan is right about her being a trained killer. It's sad. I am not liking this at all like I said. I still have faith Jaha is the key in some way. I think he's going to figure something out. I was hoping the bunker was the answer. The LIST... so heartbreaking. That last Bellarke scene was fantastic. That is romance without showing romance. Less is more. They are definitely partners that go way past getting a job done or just friends. Jaha even mentioned their bond. You see very clearly the deep feelings they have for each other. It's subtle but so powerful. What a beautiful moment between Bellamy and Clarke.
I worry that guys like Jaha (wouldn't be super upset) and Bellamy will get left out of the ark despite what Clarke wants because of their past actions. But I agree neither made their moves with ill intentions....in their world that's the true sign of character. They've all done things that to an outsider's perspective are terrible....but in the moment they felt it was best for their people.

That's what makes Clarke such a good leader. She seems to be able to make less of these mistakes, keyword less.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
That's a good point I somehow didn't even think about the possibility of Clarke having it in her since it seemed to be drained out.....I guess perhaps enough was left over? Like a vaccine you only need a small part of the virus to make you immune right? Maybe with night blood you just need a small amount to fight off the radiation.

The question will still come down to who gets the blood though. Luna only has so much without killing her and if Clarke has any realistically it shouldn't be much - although blood does reproduce right? Soooo I suppose what little she has in there could be doing that.

I don't know. Selfishly Bellamy just better get some. And Octavia - only reason it's acceptable for her to die is if it's some sort of after world thing where she gets to be with Lincoln.

I worry that guys like Jaha (wouldn't be super upset) and Bellamy will get left out of the ark despite what Clarke wants because of their past actions. But I agree neither made their moves with ill intentions....in their world that's the true sign of character. They've all done things that to an outsider's perspective are terrible....but in the moment they felt it was best for their people.

That's what makes Clarke such a good leader. She seems to be able to make less of these mistakes, keyword less.
Spoiler:

What I think is going to happen with Bellarke is they'll become romantic and one of them stays on the ground, the other one goes to space. It will be gut-wrenching for them and the fans that like them. I could see this happening. The one in space is also going to think the other one on the ground died too.

Very possible you need a small amount of Nightblood only. Yes, who gets it is the big question. Maybe they will find a bunker that truly can keep some people safe too. Jaha is on a mission of some kind. He might end up finding something while Abby works on the blood situation.

I just can't see only 100 surviving. I know the show's called The 100, lol, but we already know the meaning of that based on season 1. I just think more people will be saved.

I wouldn't mind Octavia dying and we get to SEE her reunited with Lincoln. Man, that would be incredible. They could pull a Lost in this way and introduce an Afterlife.

I love Clarke as a leader. I can't stand hearing about the small group of people who rip her choices. I'd love to see them have to deal with all the sht she's had to deal with. For that matter, ripping on Bellamy too. I consider myself a strong person and I can guarantee if I were in any of their shoes I'd be making so many mistakes and even big ones. These people are freaken teens having to take on the weight of the world. The adults are screwing up, why wouldn't the teens be severely flawed too?

I really wonder if we're getting another season. You mentioned full circle. It's very possible this is the end. However, thankfully, the ratings are really, really steady. I love it. The 100 has never had great ratings... of course, isn't that how it always goes? Some of the best shows on TV have low ratings. So many people are missing out. But yes, lower ratings BUT with The 100, steady and reliable ratings. I think the CW commends The 100 for giving steady numbers. I hope it means we get another season.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^ I actually don't really like this one. There's plenty more to Haleb than this vid shows. The music seems a bit off too... until it hits 40 seconds because that moment when Hanna's running in rain made me cry so hard. That music and moment was bang on.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Found the flashback:

Old 02-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Alice Cooper is one crazy bitch.
At first I thought you were talking about the singer, not Betty's nutbag mother.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is it the actor? Character personality? You are in the rare group, my friend. That's not a bad thing of course to be different but just wondering what you don't like/can't relate when it comes to the character?
I don't really know why. There's no real reason. Every time I start liking him, he does something like quoting Quentin Tarantino and makes me start questioning his sanity.

Oh, and up the thread a bit Shu predicted I'd ship Archie/Cheryl. That can't be the case because I can't see me ever liking Archie enough to ship him with anyone. As it is, Betty's major character flaw is her hang-up for Archie. I guess love is blind and all that.