Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
This season has been kinda a step back for me so far. I don't know if it's because the island flashbacks stopped or because everyone on the show seemingly is apart of Team Arrow but something is off. Last week's episode in particular was a killer for me, Arrow is one of the few shows I watch while doing nothing else - full attention mode. But last week's for the first time I found myself checking email and facebook as the show carried on, and quite honestly I couldn't tell you a single thing that happened in it. This week's episode almost felt like Arrow eppies of old with that reveal, so I am excited to see where it goes.
See, I got tired of all the flashbacks, so it's been nice to ease up on them. Plus, I'm not as interested in his time as Amanda Waller's lapdog as I was the island stuff, so that's another reason I haven't missed the flashbacks.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I am so glad the flashbacks are gone for now. They got so tiring. I was intrigued at first to see how he generally survived but then the torture stuff got old. Then it got really old when Slade turned on him, followed by the Amanda crap in Hong Kong. I wanted to poke my eyes out after a while.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
See, I got tired of all the flashbacks, so it's been nice to ease up on them. Plus, I'm not as interested in his time as Amanda Waller's lapdog as I was the island stuff, so that's another reason I haven't missed the flashbacks.
Yeah I'm not at all interested in his Hong Kong escapades either. I am just intrigued in what gets him back to the island and why he ultimately "chooses" to come home. Ever since he said "he chose" to come home in 3x01 I am wondering what made him decide he was ready to leave the island.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
None! The only thing I wonder is if they want her to be a little vulnerable so that Bellamy can help her. They might be going with some sort of romantic thing between Maggie and Bellamy. So they will have her emotionally vulnerable in order to bring the relationship forward. Who knows.
I'm sorry to say that but this would be so much of a cliche. It's my pet weave and maybe it's weird, but I don't like storylines like that. Strong women are hot and sexy too and men like them. There is no need to make them the damsel in distress so that some nice man would save them.

This is not attack on you, but on writers that write such stories. I don't like that. I far more like Bellamy and Maggie being a team working together than Maggie being vulnerable and Bellamy saving her. It's one of the things I like in Maggie - she is a strong woman that doesn't like romantic comedies. It's refreshing. There is no need to make her more mainstream. She is cool now.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I'm sorry to say that but this would be so much of a cliche. It's my pet weave and maybe it's weird, but I don't like storylines like that. Strong women are hot and sexy too and men like them. There is no need to make them the damsel in distress so that some nice man would save them.

This is not attack on you, but on writers that write such stories. I don't like that. I far more like Bellamy and Maggie being a team working together than Maggie being vulnerable and Bellamy saving her. It's one of the things I like in Maggie - she is a strong woman that doesn't like romantic comedies. It's refreshing. There is no need to make her more mainstream. She is cool now.
Exactly. I hate this so much, too. We just talked about how much we like Maggie and why we like her. Sadly, this is still what show runners think sells and works. It's the same thing as triangles in real life not happening anywhere near as much as they do on TV. Yet, creators still go there. I think it's due to easy, convenient writing. It sucks.

Thus, I could see it happening. Making the woman weak so the man will save her.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

I so want this.

Princess Bride-opoly Board Game - Toy Vault - Princess Bride - Games at Entertainment Earth
Old 11-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Haha that is sweet. I love monopoly and this one seems extra awesome.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I hate this so much, too. We just talked about how much we like Maggie and why we like her. Sadly, this is still what show runners think sells and works. It's the same thing as triangles in real life not happening anywhere near as much as they do on TV. Yet, creators still go there. I think it's due to easy, convenient writing. It sucks.

Thus, I could see it happening. Making the woman weak so the man will save her.
You are definitely correct . I don't know. Maybe there are actually people who like this. Maybe they are more than us. I mean I do know women who use this technique to flirt with men - acting helpless. If they do it I guess they would like it in TV as well. So maybe this sells indeed.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
You are definitely correct . I don't know. Maybe there are actually people who like this. Maybe they are more than us. I mean I do know women who use this technique to flirt with men - acting helpless. If they do it I guess they would like it in TV as well. So maybe this sells indeed.
I bet this is the case.

I almost want to spoil myself for the next episode because I'm scared our Maggie is going down the dark side aka will turn all helpless.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am so glad the flashbacks are gone for now. They got so tiring. .
Me, too!

Quote:
I loved Felicity as a goth chick. She definitely was hot.
Yes! That was definitely a surprise. I almost didn't recognize her!

Quote:
I don't believe it. There is no way Roy did that. I'll believe that until the show proves otherwise.
I don't believe he did that, either.

Quote:
First off, I love Charlotte Ross. I loved her back in the day on Days of our Lives.
Yes, this brought back many soap opera memories!

Quote:
I like Brandon Routh as an actor, and tonight proved he can also do comedy as well. I feel like Ray needs to develop more though. I have interest in this character but we are getting fragmented bits only at the moment. If he's going to be on the screen, I want more depth for the character.
I like this actor and character as well. There's alot of depth there. He really would be perfect for Felicity.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, this brought back many soap opera memories!
I know, right? LOL She's great.

Quote:
I like this actor and character as well. There's alot of depth there. He really would be perfect for Felicity.
Absolutely. He's smart like her, nice looking, he's got a dry wit. They definitely are matched up nicely. See I think Felicity matches up the best with someone like Barry or Ray. Her intelligence can just flow and feed off of someone like a Ray or Barry who "get her" perfectly. It's nice.

On the plus side, as we see, Felicity gets the enormous office and she gets to pick her own hours and not work when she wants to. Ray's a keeper.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

I would be more supportive of Ray as a dude for Felicity if he hadn't busted out the evil look of evil when he found those weapon plans on the hard drive that Felicity brought back from the dead.

So, in conclusion, Ray is obviously going to end up being a bad guy, because everyone besides Oliver who has run Queen Consolidated has ended up being at least quasi-evil.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls
OMG season 4 finale. First I came on her to gush because Lorelei and Luke kissed!! Then five seconds later I need to vent because Rory has slept with DEAN!!! A married DEAN!!?!?! Dear lord. At least they had Lorelei tell her how terrible that is. OMG No! NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I would be more supportive of Ray as a dude for Felicity if he hadn't busted out the evil look of evil when he found those weapon plans on the hard drive that Felicity brought back from the dead.

So, in conclusion, Ray is obviously going to end up being a bad guy, because everyone besides Oliver who has run Queen Consolidated has ended up being at least quasi-evil.
Agreed. He has seemed like the perfect guy except for that one glimpse of evil....especially after seeing what Felicity has gone through in the past I would hate for her to get involved with another evil trying to take over the world.

Last edited by cowgirl08; 11-07-2014 at 12:30 AM
Old 11-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Gilmore Girls
OMG season 4 finale. First I came on her to gush because Lorelei and Luke kissed!! Then five seconds later I need to vent because Rory has slept with DEAN!!! A married DEAN!!?!?! Dear lord. At least they had Lorelei tell her how terrible that is. OMG No! NO!

Agreed. He has seemed like the perfect guy except for that one glimpse of evil....especially after seeing what Felicity has gone through in the past I would hate for her to get involved with another evil trying to take over the world.
I totally missed that glimpse of evil. Admittedly, I was doing about five different things while watching. I will check that scene out again.

Haha so you reached a very dark period of the show when Rory slept with Dean. Wasn't that horrific? It's one of those moments I can't handle watching again. Literally, if I watch some episodes on Netflix I will skip this moment. I just can't. It's so dark, depressing, and ridiculous. ASP killed that first crush/love of Rory/Dean early seasons when she went with this nightmare. It's bad enough that's how Rory lost her virginity, but to also be "the other woman" since he was married is just horrible. I hated, hated, hated this storyline.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

It's just such a dark contrast from where the show normally lies! I mean Lorelei's face when she put two and two together said everything I was thinking and more. I feel for Rory but man what was she thinking! Just ugh. Not to mention my boy Jess had professed his love for her and she just ignored it but that was fine he has been MIA after all.....but now she loves Dean? So much so she will have an affair?!

And then Dean gets all pissy at her for stepping back and getting him caught pretty much. Just ugh, I am doing my best to ignore it and focus on the fact Lorelei and Luke are together now.