Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Arrow

What did I just see?!?!!?!? No WHAT did I JUST SEE!?!!?!!

Roy?! ROY!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone tell me they have watched tonight's episode?

Up until the ending it was already an epic episode because it was all Felicity centric which was amazing getting to know her backstory even if it was tragically sad. . Then the last 20 seconds happened and it became epically awesome yet shocking yet OMFG what just happened!!! Roy?!!? I repeat ROY?!?!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Arrow

Up until the ending it was already an epic episode because it was all Felicity centric which was amazing getting to know her backstory even if it was tragically sad. . Then the last 20 seconds happened and it became epically awesome yet shocking yet OMFG what just happened!!! Roy?!!? I repeat ROY?!?!
Wow, Shelby!! I am looking forward to watching this!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I hate what they did to Dean in the later seasons. He was the perfect first boyfriend for Rory in seasons 1/2 but after that, the story was played out. Nothing good could come of keeping it around. You knew the negative was going to overtake any innocence in the early seasons.
Dean was written as the sweet, perfect boyfriend. And Rory was sweet and innocent. Although I would've loved to see Rory and Dean work it out and end up together. I think he aws a good guy for her to fall in love with and really grow with.

But the way they wrote Dean, when he came back and...it was just awful. Completely destroyed Dean and their relationship.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Resurrection

Wow, that sounds really interesting. It's too bad it was cancelled.
Yeah . Alan for me The 4400 is one of those rare shows that I could enjoy even though I know that it's cancelled. I still like it a lot though.

Quote:
Great point! I hate that. I loved their friendship back in season 1. Elaine mentioned to Margaret in so many words that she was still very close to Maggie but we haven't seen it. It sucks.
Yes it's weird though I do get that they want to show other stuff - with Margaret and the virus and so on so there is not enough time for those scenes.

Quote:
Also, regarding Ray, Elaine's brother... wasn't he kind of "slow" in season 1? Season 2 he seems not so slow. In fact, he's leading the charge against the Returned. I found this a bit strange.
I actually felt that Ray is not slow per se, but that Caleb was abusive to him. For sure emotional abuse, but not sure about the physical one. I felt that Ray's problem was caused by the abuse and not that he is super super slow. He has problems though, but I think that this story actually shows them. He looks like paranoid. He was paranoid in Season 1 too. He didn't trust Caleb (and of course he was right), but he takes this to extremes now in Season 2.

Quote:
Another thing I am wondering... do you think Caleb and Barbara and the others are truly gone? Is it possible we will see them again? If Caleb was done and they're not showing friendship scenes between Elaine and Maggie, then why even show Elaine? Why bring Ray back into it? He could never be on the screen again and no one would notice yet he's back on. Could it be because Caleb is making another appearance?
I think that they are gone. Otherwise it would be too contrived. I think that Elaine is having one big role this season - she kind of guides Fred. Fred is not your trusting buddy so for him to get to know someone new and then trust him within two weeks is kind of hard. He knows Elaine though. And in a way Elaine helped Fred completely opening his eyes for his mother. So she does have some role.

As for Ray - well in general it's logical to have such fraction in the city. Like Fred said - the returned people are the ones they were before. If they were good (like Jacob and Bellamy) they will be good as returned. If they were bad (like Margaret and Caleb) they will be bad. And there will be victims of those bad guys and of course they will turn against them. Now why introduce new character to show this when they could use old one.

Quote:
Yes! At first I thought she might be getting sick but then it became apparent it was a panic attack and some form of generalized anxiety. It better be a one shot deal because we don't have time for an addiction story staring Maggie!
I even find it weird for a doctor under pressure to have consistent anxiety issues to be honest. So I think that it's more logical to be one time deal than something she has dealt with for years because honestly if she had panic disorder she wouldn't be able to deal with the Returnees no matter if they are her family or not. Especially with her being one of the few doctors (or the only one) in this town.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

watching arrow right now. I am on the edge of my seat.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Arrow

I don't believe it. There is no way Roy did that. I'll believe that until the show proves otherwise.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Arrow 3.5

I just watched it. That episode played out like a movie as far as intrigue. It was so good.

First off, I love Charlotte Ross. I loved her back in the day on Days of our Lives. She was the perfect actress to play Felicity's mom. I really enjoyed the mother/daughter scenes. It's interesting because initially, you wonder why they are even mother/daughter. They seem like they have nothing in common. How brilliant that bravery and strength is what Felicity got from her mom. Donna really loves Felicity and that's the main theme for them in this episode which was perfect.

I like Brandon Routh as an actor, and tonight proved he can also do comedy as well. I feel like Ray needs to develop more though. I have interest in this character but we are getting fragmented bits only at the moment. If he's going to be on the screen, I want more depth for the character.

It was great seeing Oliver/Thea bonding again and what a nice surprise that Oliver's moving in with her. As we can see, Thea's dad is not too happy about this fact. Oh what a disaster it will be when Oliver finds out Thea spent her alone time with Malcolm. I am hoping the double whammy will transpire with this reveal and Oliver being Arrow coming out at the same time. It's like a bad wound you have a bandage covering. When it's time, just rip it off and get it over with it. I hope both reveals happen like that at the same time.

I enjoyed the Laurel/Ted scenes. Seeing Katie fighting is fun. She definitely has the body for it!

The one thing that disappointed me was that Felicity's ex was behind everything and all for money. I felt like the past meeting the present was all messed up and didn't make much sense. In the flashbacks we actually saw a true love/first love dynamic between Felicity and this guy. They were sweet scenes, especially the one in jail when he was taking all the blame and wanted to protect her. You could see in the present, Felicity still carried some lingering feelings for him along with guilt over everything that transpired, as well as thinking he died. Two seconds later, bam, he's alive and has a gun in her face. I thought this was a bit soap-operish and too forced. I find it too convenient that she had a crushing past like this. Why couldn't her past be less complicated? Most people who went through what Felicity just did with her past catching up to her present, a first love that you adored, but were separated due to criminal activity, then thinking he died, then finding out he never died but wanted to kill you in the present, would need severe therapy after this. That's the soap opera aspect. Kind of out there but oh well, seeing Charlotte Ross made this part worth it.

I don't think Roy killed Sara. I bet what's happening is Roy's remembering the bad things he did to others when he wasn't in his right mind and the guilt and shock is coming out as fear that he must have also murdered Sara but he didn't do it.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Gilmore Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Yeah where I am now he is married....but its clear he isn't over Rory and never was so I have an awful feeling they are going to revisit them despite the fact he is married.....Rory wouldn't do that would she? No. Please no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Dean was written as the sweet, perfect boyfriend. And Rory was sweet and innocent. Although I would've loved to see Rory and Dean work it out and end up together. I think he aws a good guy for her to fall in love with and really grow with.

But the way they wrote Dean, when he came back and...it was just awful. Completely destroyed Dean and their relationship.
Great thoughts. ASP really messed up the character of Dean. I am not sure why she did that. I did like them initially but then the story got screwed up. I typically go for the first love type of dynamic, too. But ASP messed with it way too much. It's a shame.

Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
I actually felt that Ray is not slow per se, but that Caleb was abusive to him. For sure emotional abuse, but not sure about the physical one. I felt that Ray's problem was caused by the abuse and not that he is super super slow. He has problems though, but I think that this story actually shows them. He looks like paranoid. He was paranoid in Season 1 too. He didn't trust Caleb (and of course he was right), but he takes this to extremes now in Season 2.
Very possible it was all part of the abuse. Elaine definitely treated him like he need "extra help" at times which I wondered why that was taking place. He's now empowered to go with this group to stop the Returned. This definitely does show abnormal behavior on his end to want to go there.

Quote:
I even find it weird for a doctor under pressure to have consistent anxiety issues to be honest. So I think that it's more logical to be one time deal than something she has dealt with for years because honestly if she had panic disorder she wouldn't be able to deal with the Returnees no matter if they are her family or not. Especially with her being one of the few doctors (or the only one) in this town.
Absolutely. Sometimes anxiety can come out of the blue like this and turn into a chronic problem. Sometimes there's a triggering factor and certainly for Maggie, the sudden appearance and then disappearance of her mom could have been the triggering factor that brings out a potential chronic problem. Still, she's dealt with tons of pressure as a physician for a while now. I hope this is just her immediate reaction to losing her mom again and she will be back on track without out of control anxiety and the need to self medicate in the next episode. Otherwise, it's just a storyline we don't need. Maggie has always represented a stable force in an otherwise chaotic situation. We lose that and the series really fails if you ask me.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Resurrection

Very possible it was all part of the abuse. Elaine definitely treated him like he need "extra help" at times which I wondered why that was taking place. He's now empowered to go with this group to stop the Returned. This definitely does show abnormal behavior on his end to want to go there.
I think that it was both. Kind of like the chicken and the egg problem. I think that Ray had some issues but Caleb (being the not good father he is) not only didn't help him, but started abuse based on the problems Ray had. I think that Elaine treated Ray this way because deep down she knew that Ray has some trauma.

Quote:
Absolutely. Sometimes anxiety can come out of the blue like this and turn into a chronic problem. Sometimes there's a triggering factor and certainly for Maggie, the sudden appearance and then disappearance of her mom could have been the triggering factor that brings out a potential chronic problem. Still, she's dealt with tons of pressure as a physician for a while now. I hope this is just her immediate reaction to losing her mom again and she will be back on track without out of control anxiety and the need to self medicate in the next episode. Otherwise, it's just a storyline we don't need. Maggie has always represented a stable force in an otherwise chaotic situation. We lose that and the series really fails if you ask me.
Yes it can for sure. I just don't want to see this storyline in the show like you. We need Maggie stable. You said it yourself. Things are complicated as they are. No need for additional drama for Maggie.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I don't believe it. There is no way Roy did that. I'll believe that until the show proves otherwise.
Yes I can't bring myself to believe it either. Maybe the mirakuru is still messing with him?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yes I can't bring myself to believe it either. Maybe the mirakuru is still messing with him?
I def think its the residual effect of the mikaru. I also think its a huge misdirect. I can't believe it simply cause its too early in the season. Call me cynical sally.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I sure hope it's still not an effect of the medicine. Please, no. I am so dang sick of that storyline and don't want it revisited. I even cringed when I heard the characters pronounce the name mirakuru because it got on my nerves so much. LOL. I think he's mentally messed up from his ordeal and those memories are coming back in panic mode. He didn't kill Sara though. That is too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I think that it was both. Kind of like the chicken and the egg problem. I think that Ray had some issues but Caleb (being the not good father he is) not only didn't help him, but started abuse based on the problems Ray had. I think that Elaine treated Ray this way because deep down she knew that Ray has some trauma.
Good points.

Quote:
Yes it can for sure. I just don't want to see this storyline in the show like you. We need Maggie stable. You said it yourself. Things are complicated as they are. No need for additional drama for Maggie.
None! The only thing I wonder is if they want her to be a little vulnerable so that Bellamy can help her. They might be going with some sort of romantic thing between Maggie and Bellamy. So they will have her emotionally vulnerable in order to bring the relationship forward. Who knows.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Arrow randomness: Felicity looked very hot as a goth chick. I like her look now, but her look back then was nothing to sneeze at either.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

This season has been kinda a step back for me so far. I don't know if it's because the island flashbacks stopped or because everyone on the show seemingly is apart of Team Arrow but something is off. Last week's episode in particular was a killer for me, Arrow is one of the few shows I watch while doing nothing else - full attention mode. But last week's for the first time I found myself checking email and facebook as the show carried on, and quite honestly I couldn't tell you a single thing that happened in it. This week's episode almost felt like Arrow eppies of old with that reveal, so I am excited to see where it goes.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Arrow randomness: Felicity looked very hot as a goth chick. I like her look now, but her look back then was nothing to sneeze at either.
I loved Felicity as a goth chick. She definitely was hot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread