Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

I like Thea and Roy. I hope that they find their way back together, because I think that they are good for each other.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I like Thea and Roy. I hope that they find their way back together, because I think that they are good for each other.
YAY! Me too. I love them. I am scared that Thea's going to be ultra ticked that Roy hasn't told her that Oliver is The Arrow. Then again, that's not really his place. Oliver needs to tell her. Of course Thea not telling Roy or Oliver that she has a relationship with her father is a huge secret too. I am happy Roy is now going to work with her again. I just hope what they build again won't be destroyed by lack of trust. Both are hiding secrets.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

As cool as it would be to have Thea a part of the team.....geez will anyone on the show not be on Team Arrow? Oliver as the Arrow is fast becoming the worst kept secret in the history of TV.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Resurrection 2.6

Jacob knows Margaret's lying about not being with Barbara. He doesn't want to be near her now. Jacob senses she's not filled with light.

Maggie is suffering from major anxiety. Poor Maggie.

Fred stands up to demon Margaret. Wow is the actor who plays Fred good. When Margaret asks him what Barbara ever did for him and he replied she gave him Maggie I got chills. That was so emotionally moving.

Awe Bellamy's parents died from the virus. But the scene between Bellamy and his sister gave me goosebumps. Wow what a scene. I really want Jenny to live with him when things are safe!

So the government had no idea Bellamy was a double Returned until she noticed the scar. Also, she's a Returned with psychic ability it appears. It's interesting because you can tell she's starting to emotionally feel for Bellamy.

Not sure what is up with the factory situation, it's obvious that the factory plays a key role.

What I don't understand is if they can't cure this virus and the medicine only suppresses symptoms temporarily, then that means unless they can find the cure Bellamy and others will die when the supply runs out. Unless the virus will run its course before their supply is gone. I'm not sure.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-03-2014 at 10:29 AM
Old 11-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I'm with you. I like the sci-fi element the best. For as much as I love religious/spiritual shows, it has to be done properly. I don't think this fits Resurrection, however. I prefer the sci-fi theory for this show.
I still think though that there is a reason why they have a pastor character in Tom who is nonetheless, but close friend of Jacob. Well at least they were as kids.

Quote:
Are you spoiled for the book this series is based on, The Returned by Jason Mott? I wonder how Mott constructed his book and if Resurrection will go that route too since it claims to be based on the book.
I haven't read the book, but I've read enough user reviews on the book to know that I don't want to read it. I hope that the show won't do like the book.

Spoiler:

The above is about the book so whoever doesn't want to read it please don't. I don't want to spoil you.

Quote:
THIS! Betty, spill it. Join our discussion!
Yes it will be so much fun!

I will watch the latest episode ASAP. I hope that it will be today evening after work, but it depends as I will go to a game of our company soccer team so I might get home late. I can't wait to see the episode though.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I still think though that there is a reason why they have a pastor character in Tom who is nonetheless, but close friend of Jacob. Well at least they were as kids.
I was mesmerized by this dynamic in The Pilot. I wonder why they don't have scenes together anymore? I know it's weird that Tom's childhood friend is now... well, a child. Still, you pick up the energy of a person, they should be drawn to each other. No wonder Jacob's so miserable... his best friend is now an adult pastor who needs to worry about pregnant, ex suicide, ex girlfriends.

Quote:
I haven't read the book, but I've read enough user reviews on the book to know that I don't want to read it. I hope that the show won't do like the book.

Spoiler:

The above is about the book so whoever doesn't want to read it please don't. I don't want to spoil you.
Interesting. Yes, I would love to be spoiled more! When you have a chance, I would love a detailed recap.

Quote:
Yes it will be so much fun!

I will watch the latest episode ASAP. I hope that it will be today evening after work, but it depends as I will go to a game of our company soccer team so I might get home late. I can't wait to see the episode though.
I can't wait for you to see it. I really love our discussion.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Arrow/The Flash

There was a season 2 episode that had some Flash characters on Arrow. One guy and girl... was the girl Caitlin Snow? I might have made that up.

My next question is why does she become bad in The Flash comic? Is she a literal villain?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jacob knows Margaret's lying about not being with Barbara. He doesn't want to be near her now. Jacob senses she's not filled with light.
Yes, but he's still listening to her every word which is of concern to his mom.

Quote:
Fred stands up to demon Margaret. Wow is the actor who plays Fred good. When Margaret asks him what Barbara ever did for him and he replied she gave him Maggie I got chills. That was so emotionally moving.
I can't believe how much I have grown to love this guy! Never thought it would be possible after season 1. I loved his response to Margaret. Barbara did give him Maggie. What did Margaret ever give him?!

Quote:
So the government had no idea Bellamy was a double Returned until she noticed the scar. Also, she's a Returned with psychic ability it appears. It's interesting because you can tell she's starting to emotionally feel for Bellamy.
Yes, she is definitely a returned. How eerie was that scene in the field with her strapped into her flight seat with a can of coke!

Quote:
Not sure what is up with the factory situation, it's obvious that the factory plays a key role.
Pretty weird to have that grandfather so young. Yeah...something must have happened way back concerning the families and I'll bet Margaret was a huge part.
Quote:
What I don't understand is if they can't cure this virus and the medicine only suppresses symptoms temporarily, then that means unless they can find the cure Bellamy and others will die when the supply runs out. Unless the virus will run its course before their supply is gone. I'm not sure.
It was selfless of Bellamy to give Maggie all of the serum. Where did he get the one that he used?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, but he's still listening to her every word which is of concern to his mom.
He's a kid so of course. Still, deep down he knows. When she asked him to go out with her he immediately said no. She said it was not a question. He tried avoiding that interaction. He also can't do anything about her hovering over him while he's in bed ready to go to sleep. He wants away from her emotionally, for sure.

Quote:
I can't believe how much I have grown to love this guy! Never thought it would be possible after season 1. I loved his response to Margaret. Barbara did give him Maggie. What did Margaret ever give him?!
A pain in the a$$.

Quote:
Yes, she is definitely a returned. How eerie was that scene in the field with her strapped into her flight seat with a can of coke!
I actually had a lump in my throat while watching it. It was that eerie.

Quote:
Pretty weird to have that grandfather so young. Yeah...something must have happened way back concerning the families and I'll bet Margaret was a huge part.
Margaret keeps telling everyone who will listen that for her it's all about family, family, family. I bet this family feud coming up plays an indirect part somehow.

Quote:
It was selfless of Bellamy to give Maggie all of the serum. Where did he get the one that he used?
No idea where he got that. It's all so weird because there's not enough medicine. It will last for like a few days and then everyone will develop symptoms again.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was mesmerized by this dynamic in The Pilot. I wonder why they don't have scenes together anymore? I know it's weird that Tom's childhood friend is now... well, a child. Still, you pick up the energy of a person, they should be drawn to each other. No wonder Jacob's so miserable... his best friend is now an adult pastor who needs to worry about pregnant, ex suicide, ex girlfriends.
Yeah Tom is having the "time" of his life . But yeah Jacob is isolated because he doesn't have his old friends. The are now far older. It explains btw why he spends so much time with adults - including his grandmother.
Quote:
Interesting. Yes, I would love to be spoiled more! When you have a chance, I would love a detailed recap.
Spoiler:

Quote:
I can't wait for you to see it. I really love our discussion.
I managed to watch it .

First I agree with you and Betty that this Angela must have been Returend as well. That thought crossed m mind the moment I saw her in the beginning of the episode.

Second I agree Mat Craven (he plays Fred) is just awesome actor. He played this scene so well. You know in most series/movies you will have him shouting, yelling and all that. He just grabbed his mother's hand and looked at her and it was enough for me to really understand how much he hates her for making Barbara disappear. I don't know what Margaret thought, but she definitely won't be able to fix this part of her family. Judging by this look I think that Fred is done with her.

Just like we predicted Michelle Henry turned out to be more naive. He still belives Margaret 100 %. I think that Lucile is starting to suspect her though.

I think that Jacob starts to doubt Margaret as well. I so loved when she called him for the garden and he was like "No thanks" . But yeah he is a kid. And Lucile so knew that Jacob lied to her in the end. Great acthing - he moved his eyes revealing himself lying.

I also agree with you that there is some feud between this family and Langstons. And oh yes it must have been weird to have that young grandfather . Especially given his age. My prediction would be that maybe this other family wasn't against the Returnees like Margaret was. I also think that due to this this grandfather has the face scar.

Ok now to the things that didn't make that sense . Well there were some things.

First it makes no sense that someone of the Returnees would pass the virus. Arthur had the virus and he had symptoms. If he had symptoms he was contagious. I don't see Margaret dying. Here is my updated version of the story though . They do have virus, but it's not Spanish flu. Spanish flu is contagious even for nowadays people so there is just no way that the non returnees won't get it. It's a virus (could have avian part and it makes sense with the dead birds story) that was contagious back then. Nowdays it's still this virus but we have antibodies against it because well lived like another 50 yeas as well as our descendants. So we gained imunity that they don't have because they didn't live those years. At least for now this makes sense. We will see.

Second it makes no sense for Bellamy to tell both Jenny and Angela that he would be back to pick her up when he doesn't even have medicatin for himself to get treated and survive. I get lying to Jenny though it was pointless. Saying it to Angela made 0 sense. He knows that he will die.

From what we see on the screen btw he gave Maggie 12 doses which means that he has 8 for himself - so for another 4 days. In the end of the episode he gaves himself injection so we know that he didn't give Maggie all doses. He still has 4 days left though.

Third - sorry I just find it highly doubtful that this German soldier from the first season that had no idea what Arcadia is and why is he there is born in Arcadia. Arcadia seems like small town and in the end of Season 1 it looked like all the people that had died in Arcadia the last 2 centuries were back. That's just not believable at all.

Regarding Angela and her data. I do think that she really does those calculations. They started this with Season 1 and Maggie's friend if you remember. Then they dropped it - as well as his research about their blood and the fact that their blood was healing him. Dropped the whole story kind of abruptly. No idea why.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
First it makes no sense that someone of the Returnees would pass the virus. Arthur had the virus and he had symptoms. If he had symptoms he was contagious. I don't see Margaret dying. Here is my updated version of the story though . They do have virus, but it's not Spanish flu. Spanish flu is contagious even for nowadays people so there is just no way that the non returnees won't get it. It's a virus (could have avian part and it makes sense with the dead birds story) that was contagious back then. Nowdays it's still this virus but we have antibodies against it because well lived like another 50 yeas as well as our descendants. So we gained imunity that they don't have because they didn't live those years. At least for now this makes sense. We will see.
Charles Darwin would be very proud of you, Koni! Wow...this does make sense.

Quote:
From what we see on the screen btw he gave Maggie 12 doses which means that he has 8 for himself - so for another 4 days. In the end of the episode he gaves himself injection so we know that he didn't give Maggie all doses. He still has 4 days left though.
I'm glad you noticed that! I forgot to count.

Quote:
Just like we predicted Michelle Henry turned out to be more naive.
Henry frustrates me so much!! I want to shake him and yell, "Listen to your wife!! Your mother is evil!!"
Old 11-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah Tom is having the "time" of his life . But yeah Jacob is isolated because he doesn't have his old friends. The are now far older. It explains btw why he spends so much time with adults - including his grandmother.
That has to suck so much for Jacob. He remembers the memory of Tom and yet he can't hang out with him like that anymore. He sees his parents who have aged significantly and are not exactly the same people. He asked questions/made comments to both his dad and Grandmother in this episode if he'd be around long term or will he have to leave eventually. He's worried about that, too. It's actually shocking he hasn't rebelled more.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I managed to watch it .

First I agree with you and Betty that this Angela must have been Returend as well. That thought crossed m mind the moment I saw her in the beginning of the episode.

Second I agree Mat Craven (he plays Fred) is just awesome actor. He played this scene so well. You know in most series/movies you will have him shouting, yelling and all that. He just grabbed his mother's hand and looked at her and it was enough for me to really understand how much he hates her for making Barbara disappear. I don't know what Margaret thought, but she definitely won't be able to fix this part of her family. Judging by this look I think that Fred is done with her.
When he grabs her hand, you can tell he had to restrain himself a little. A part of him wanted to shove her across the room but he kept in control and didn't give her the satisfaction. It was such a powerful moment.

Quote:
Just like we predicted Michelle Henry turned out to be more naive. He still belives Margaret 100 %. I think that Lucile is starting to suspect her though.
Absolutely! I am slightly shocked over Henry. He doubted everything last season and now he believes everything, even the shady stuff like his mother. While I'm glad he's not so distant like last season, I kind of wish he wasn't so naive this season. I feel like he was one extreme in season 1 and then another extreme in season 2. I wish Henry would have been more in the middle in season 2.

Quote:
I think that Jacob starts to doubt Margaret as well. I so loved when she called him for the garden and he was like "No thanks" . But yeah he is a kid. And Lucile so knew that Jacob lied to her in the end. Great acthing - he moved his eyes revealing himself lying.
Totally! That little boy who plays Jacob is phenomenal. His eyes told the story in that scene. I loved the "no thanks" bit. Lucille definitely gets it. She immediately knew to ask him what his Grandmother was talking to him about. She doesn't trust her.

I can't believe how Margaret was so passively threatening with Elaine too. She literally took Jacob to that restaurant to make an appearance in order to almost scare her, and then leave.

Quote:
I also agree with you that there is some feud between this family and Langstons. And oh yes it must have been weird to have that young grandfather . Especially given his age. My prediction would be that maybe this other family wasn't against the Returnees like Margaret was. I also think that due to this this grandfather has the face scar.
Wow, excellent catch about the scar. I didn't see that! I bet you are right on that the families had a feud over the Returned and it wasn't remotely just about the factory. That makes loads of sense.

Quote:
Ok now to the things that didn't make that sense . Well there were some things.

Brilliant thoughts. I agree with your every word. I am shocked Bellamy didn't question why the non-Returnees wouldn't get it then if it's still a virus people can get in the present day. You are so right that it has to be a virus that was active and around back in the day.

I also am not sure if I believe Angela that the treatment is difficult to make and there is no cure. I think maybe the government is controlling the situation by only giving a certain amount to the sick ones.

Quote:
Second it makes no sense for Bellamy to tell both Jenny and Angela that he would be back to pick her up when he doesn't even have medicatin for himself to get treated and survive. I get lying to Jenny though it was pointless. Saying it to Angela made 0 sense. He knows that he will die.
EXACTLY. The other weird thing about it is why keep Maggie in the dark? She is a medical professional, a scientist, physician. She can work on a treatment or get help from her science friends on figuring out if what Angela told Bellamy was legit or not. She could do her own medical testing on the medication they are using to treat it as well as exploring other options for treatment.

Quote:
Third - sorry I just find it highly doubtful that this German soldier from the first season that had no idea what Arcadia is and why is he there is born in Arcadia. Arcadia seems like small town and in the end of Season 1 it looked like all the people that had died in Arcadia the last 2 centuries were back. That's just not believable at all.

Regarding Angela and her data. I do think that she really does those calculations. They started this with Season 1 and Maggie's friend if you remember. Then they dropped it - as well as his research about their blood and the fact that their blood was healing him. Dropped the whole story kind of abruptly. No idea why.
Agreed and agreed!

I don't know if it's convenient writing or they are setting up something bigger. I guess we will see!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That has to suck so much for Jacob. He remembers the memory of Tom and yet he can't hang out with him like that anymore. He sees his parents who have aged significantly and are not exactly the same people. He asked questions/made comments to both his dad and Grandmother in this episode if he'd be around long term or will he have to leave eventually. He's worried about that, too. It's actually shocking he hasn't rebelled more.
Yes like I said it's logical for Jacob to act this way. I just don't find it that interesting when he rebels. In this episode I did like him though. Btw to be honest there is a TV series called The 4400 (Alan and I like it a lot if I remember correctly for him) where this aspect was shown a lot more. It's shock even for grownups. For example there was a man who upon returning saw his wife dying so he was all alone. There was a girl that lived in the 30s (say like Bellamy) but she was 8 years old and she had a lot more memories. And she is back to live in 2004. Talk about shock. I mean even technical one. So yes it's shocking to have to catch up. Jacob has 30 years to catch up because those 30s happened for everyone else but him. Like Lucile said - yes now Jacob is back, but he died for them and they lived with it and they are not the same due to this experience.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
When he grabs her hand, you can tell he had to restrain himself a little. A part of him wanted to shove her across the room but he kept in control and didn't give her the satisfaction. It was such a powerful moment.
You are right. It was like that. This leads me yet again to this that Fred was abusive. If he was abusive he wouldn't stop himself. Yes I know she is his mother, but the truth is that most abusive men usually take it on women because they have issues with their own mother and they start their abusive behavior (it could be only psychological one, but they do it) with their mothers. There is a saying in my country - if you want to know how a man would treat a woman look how he is treating his mother (assuming of course his mother is not Margaret ). I loved also how he said to her "Were you always this way?". He realized what kind of person his mother truly is.

Quote:
Absolutely! I am slightly shocked over Henry. He doubted everything last season and now he believes everything, even the shady stuff like his mother. While I'm glad he's not so distant like last season, I kind of wish he wasn't so naive this season. I feel like he was one extreme in season 1 and then another extreme in season 2. I wish Henry would have been more in the middle in season 2.
I think that I get why Henry is acting this way so I guess I'm not bothered by it. I think that he resisted at first so hard that die people could resurrect which is well normal. I mean let's face it - if this was real life situation I would find it weird too. He grew to accept Jacob and the fact that he is his son. So now his mother comes back and he doesn't want to do what he did with Jacob. He wants to accept her. So he goes into the other direction. Plus she is his mother. Like I said it takes guts to see that your mother is the devil. And Fred being the jerk a lot of times has the guts. Henry is a good man. Good people don't always see the bad in others.

Quote:
Totally! That little boy who plays Jacob is phenomenal. His eyes told the story in that scene. I loved the "no thanks" bit. Lucille definitely gets it. She immediately knew to ask him what his Grandmother was talking to him about. She doesn't trust her.
Yes she doesn't. And I hope that this development will continue.

Quote:
I can't believe how Margaret was so passively threatening with Elaine too. She literally took Jacob to that restaurant to make an appearance in order to almost scare her, and then leave.
Yes that is true. What I found weird was the scene with Elaine and Fred. How weird was that? I swear I got the weird vibes and not just from Fred, but both. I don't know where they would to go with that, but it was awkward and weird.

Quote:
Wow, excellent catch about the scar. I didn't see that! I bet you are right on that the families had a feud over the Returned and it wasn't remotely just about the factory. That makes loads of sense.
Actually you are correct. I checked it. There is no scar and I have no idea why I decided that he has scar . The actor has weird face and for some reason I think that scar would fit his personality and the way he looks which is why I saw something that wasn't there. I don't know why I felt this way though.

Quote:
Brilliant thoughts. I agree with your every word. I am shocked Bellamy didn't question why the non-Returnees wouldn't get it then if it's still a virus people can get in the present day. You are so right that it has to be a virus that was active and around back in the day.
Betty and Michelle I of course didn't exactly come up on my own with this. I've watched sci-fi medical shows and there were stories like that so I just tweaked a bit and used this early idea and developed it to this, but it does make sense for now.

Quote:
I also am not sure if I believe Angela that the treatment is difficult to make and there is no cure. I think maybe the government is controlling the situation by only giving a certain amount to the sick ones.
That's definitely true. Though to be honest if Angela is returned as well I don't see her motivation to not find a cure unless she knows something more. She could get it too and in this case she will need the treatment as well.

Quote:
EXACTLY. The other weird thing about it is why keep Maggie in the dark? She is a medical professional, a scientist, physician. She can work on a treatment or get help from her science friends on figuring out if what Angela told Bellamy was legit or not. She could do her own medical testing on the medication they are using to treat it as well as exploring other options for treatment.
In this specific case I think that Maggie had enough on her plate with her mother to deal with Bellamy being Returned. And there was no way to ask her to do that if he hadn't told her the whole truth. Plus Bellamy was shocked himself finding out his own story.

Quote:
Agreed and agreed!

I don't know if it's convenient writing or they are setting up something bigger. I guess we will see!
I hope for the latter, but we will see .

Betty this is what they showed so I counted it, but we never know. There is the possibility for Bellamy to have stolen something .
Old 11-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Arrow/The Flash

There was a season 2 episode that had some Flash characters on Arrow. One guy and girl... was the girl Caitlin Snow? I might have made that up.

My next question is why does she become bad in The Flash comic? Is she a literal villain?
It is Caitlin Snow, and in the comics she is a scientist working on a project in the Arctic that is revealed to be infiltrated by H.I.V.E. When they try to kill her, somehow the coolant system merges her body with ice, which turns her into a heat vampire. The only person who can help her is Firestorm who produces unlimited heat.

Also, this is only one of 4 different versions of Killer Frost.

P.S. The other guy from The Flash, Cisco Ramon, is named after the hero Vibe who uses sonic powers to make powerful shockwaves.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
It is Caitlin Snow, and in the comics she is a scientist working on a project in the Arctic that is revealed to be infiltrated by H.I.V.E. When they try to kill her, somehow the coolant system merges her body with ice, which turns her into a heat vampire. The only person who can help her is Firestorm who produces unlimited heat.

Also, this is only one of 4 different versions of Killer Frost.

P.S. The other guy from The Flash, Cisco Ramon, is named after the hero Vibe who uses sonic powers to make powerful shockwaves.
Thank you, Alan, for the explanation!

Wow, what are the other three versions? I hope the TV series allows her to stay decent because I know you like her.

Do you like Cisco?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread