Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OT2 Thread #27: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (TV Shows, Books, Movies, Music)

credit: Alex

Hi guys! Welcome to the new OT2 thread #27!

This is a second OT thread that focuses on shows, books, movies and music we're now obsessed with since Everwood ended. Important: This thread is focused on promoting in depth discussion.

Reminder:
This thread is about discussing shows, books, movies, and music we love with as much insightful discussion as possible. Bring over your opinions on latest episodes, discuss characters and storylines, books you're reading, movies you're watching, music you're listening to, but please remain cordial, respect one another and refrain yourself from turning this thread into drama land.

** This board has always been very mature and we'd like it to remain this way.

With that said, and keeping that all in mind, we'd like to welcome you to this new thread!

Shows Everwood members watch :

Michelle (Wilpen) :
Lost, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer, Pretty Little Liars

Alexandra (buffyannAlex) :
Lost, 24, Grey's Anatomy, House, Supernatural, Scrubs, Bones, Desperate housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Fringe, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Dollhouse, Smallville, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer

New shows I'd check this year : Glee, V, Fast Forward, Vampire Diaries

Ashley (AppleBehry22):
Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Nip/Tuck, Roswell, Reba, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Lost

dawnie@ :
Gilmore Girls, Lost, One Tree Hill, 24 ,Hell's Kitchen2

Angela (AngelaiDanes):
Lost, Gilmore Girls

Alan (The Crow) :
Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Lost, The Office, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Fringe, So You Think You Can Dance, 10 Things I Hate About You, Greek, Community, V, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Being Erica, Psych, White Collar, Warehouse 13, Haven, Covert Affairs, Pretty Little Liars, and The Glades.

Tos' :
Mad Men, Dexter, Lost, Fringe, Chuck, Castle, Psych, Southland, Parks & Recreation, The Office, White Collar, Community, Modern Family

Coffee
Watch: Prison Break, Supernatural, House, Gilmore Girls
Want to watch but always miss it: Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars
Future Shows, I'm planning on watching: Jericho, Heroes..

own worst enemy
Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, True Blood, Dexter, Weeds, Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, 90210, Smallville, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, The Hills, My Life on the D List, American Idol, Dollhouse, Mad Men, Nip/Tuck, Fringe

New shows: Melrose Place, The Beautiful Life, The Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward, Bored to Death, Glee

everwoodfan52 :
Friday Night Lights, House, Chuck, Dexter, Drop Dead Diva, Royal Pains, Modern Family, Rookie Blue, Pretty Little Liars

MrsBrown : The Office, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Brothers and Sisters, Battlestar Galactica

BepperGirl: Being Erica, Bones, Chuck, Dollhouse, Drop Dead Diva, Friday Night Lights, Glee, How I Met Your Mother. Leverage, Psych, United States of Tara, Pretty Little Liars, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles, and Supernatural.

ShadowMagist: How I Met Your Mother, Greek, Smallville, Supernatural, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Glee, Vampire Diaries, It's Always Raining In Philadelphia.

Thief Of Love: Mad Men, Psych, Gilmore Girls, The Office, Parks & Recreation

Cleveland: Lost, Brothers & Sisters, Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 09-07-2010 at 06:48 PM
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Betty, have you thought more about giving PLL a try?
Yes, I would definitely like to watch. You guys have to tell me how to get these episodes without getting into trouble!

Quote:
Yes I'm still watching Rookie Blue. I'm two episodes behind though.
It's getting better and better, Alan. The last two episodes are excellent.

Everyone: I know there are lots of shows you want me to add in the OP...and probably some that you want me to remove.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Just stating I've read the posts on the old thread.

Thanks for the new thread, Betty. Please remove 10 Things I Hate About You and add Pretty Little Liars, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles, and Supernatural.
Quote:
You guys have to tell me how to get these episodes without getting into trouble!
Check your PMs soon.
I made my icon.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Done, Gaby, and thanks.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, and no problem.
I made my icon.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Yes, I would definitely like to watch. You guys have to tell me how to get these episodes without getting into trouble!
I hope Gaby's PM relates to this, heh. I scrambled to watch my ten but I have a method I can share with you too.

You might think the show is stupid and unrealistic. Very possibly but you can still watch to post with us???

Quote:
Everyone: I know there are lots of shows you want me to add in the OP...and probably some that you want me to remove.
Please add, Pretty Little Liars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Hope you're doing better Michelle.
Thanks, Alan! I feel like a truck is slightly running me over today but it's a step above yesterday where the truck was not giving me a break, it just sat on top of me, crushing me to near death.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I hope Gaby's PM relates to this, heh. I scrambled to watch my ten but I have a method I can share with you too.
It did. I'm going to try to watch the Pilot tonight.

Quote:
Please add, Pretty Little Liars.
Done.

Quote:
You might think the show is stupid and unrealistic.
Hey....I used to watch Gossip Girl. I can be shallow.

Quote:
Very possibly but you can still watch to post with us???
I can...although I won't be as profound as you guys.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It did. I'm going to try to watch the Pilot tonight.
Yes! No pressure so if you watch tonight, tomorrow, or in two weeks, looking forward to your thoughts!

Quote:
Done.
Thanks!

Quote:
Hey....I used to watch Gossip Girl. I can be shallow.

Quote:
I can...although I won't be as profound as you guys.
The way you dissect and analyze is most excellent and everyone knows it.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Mad Men

Five days late to say best ep of the season so far for me. I laughed out loud, BY MYSELF, at least six or seven times (Trudy's Dad to Pete: "You're a son of a bitch." Pete: *shrugs*) which means, of course, John Slattery was directing (did a good job too). I was touched by Pete's big smile about being a dad. And then the ending between and Peggy and Pete made me root for them despite that big smile, hee.

Ooh, ooh, and Peggy sneakingly staring over the wall at Don cracked me up WAY too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
Loved Allison's blow-up at Don. He's had that and more coming.
I'm going to miss her, though. And not just because she's cute, heh.

Quote:
Peggy, well, I haven't liked any of the guys they've put her with AT ALL, ha
Agreed. They can put her with this new girl then, hee. Pete is Trudy's! Leave their love alone.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty Little Liars

I just finished the pilot. I am definitely intrigued. I finally know who you're talking about when you mention Ezra and Aria. I think I'm with Michelle here...so far it's not looking right from an ethical standpoint. I love the actress who plays Aria...she was wonderful in Privileged.
I'm looking forward to the second episode which I won't be able to see until tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Pretty Little Liars

Quote:
I just finished the pilot. I am definitely intrigued. I finally know who you're talking about when you mention Ezra and Aria. I think I'm with Michelle here...so far it's not looking right from an ethical standpoint.
I love you!

Take that, pro Ezra/Aria fans.

JK. I love how much fun it is to playfully debate about this and I hope it continues, everyone!

Quote:
I love the actress who plays Aria...she was wonderful in Privileged.
Lucy aka Aria is a brilliant actress. I've never seen her before until now.

I know you've only seen a few pictures of Alex but do you agree that Ashley/aka Hanna looks a lot like Alex, only the blonde version? Same eyes, wavy hair, dimples, perfect features, it's pretty remarkable! You'll see it more and more as the episodes move along too if you don't quite see it now or I don't know what I'm saying but I look at her and I see Alex a ton.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the second episode which I won't be able to see until tomorrow.
This is so awesome, I'm so glad you liked it!

Do you think you'll watch regularly? I know, too soon probably for you to say, but I really hope you continue on because it will be a blast having a bunch of us posting together.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lucy aka Aria is a brilliant actress. I've never seen her before until now.
I loved her in Privileged....her acting and the character that she played.

Quote:
I know you've only seen a few pictures of Alex but do you agree that Ashley/aka Hanna looks a lot like Alex, only the blonde version? Same eyes, wavy hair, dimples, perfect features, it's pretty remarkable! You'll see it more and more as the episodes move along too if you don't quite see it now or I don't know what I'm saying but I look at her and I see Alex a ton.
Hanna is the girl who shop lifted the glasses...correct? I didn't see the resemblance while watching....but I'll look for it.

Quote:
Do you think you'll watch regularly?
I'm going to give it my best shot.

Betty
Old 08-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I loved her in Privileged....her acting and the character that she played.
Yes, she's great.

Quote:
Hanna is the girl who shop lifted the glasses...correct? I didn't see the resemblance while watching....but I'll look for it.
Yes, that's Hanna. I think you'd have to see Alex in person to really see what I mean. I find it amazingly dead on. It's also certain mannerisms. Although I find Alex more beautiful because she's off the charts gorgeous, they have a similar look.

Quote:
I'm going to give it my best shot.
Well you have some time to decide because the 11th episode doesn't start until January.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

You can take Fast Forward out of my shows and add Warehouse 13, Haven, Covert Affairs, Pretty Little Liars, and The Glades.

ETA: I thought this video that Zachary Levi posted on his Twitter. It's a fun little goofy thing of Yvonne dancing to a Justin Bieber song.

Yfrog Video : yfrog.com/mia9az - Uploaded by zacharylevi

Last edited by The Crow; 08-21-2010 at 07:40 AM
Old 08-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL, that's fun!

Also, I realized just now since my brain stopped working after getting sick that I have this post of yours to still respond to, Alan.

http://www.fanforum.com/49624953-post284.html

^ Deliberately put that in there so I can find it immediately, heh.

I always save the best for last. Once I get to the bank, bookstore and a couple other places (I'm so behind on errands) I will tackle and enjoy every minute of it!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread