Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
Yeah, like I don't see you coming from an ocean away
It's still fun because you love me so much you still fall for it. Awe.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
Dexter
This season started slow but I really like how the last few episodes are going, I don't think it could ever be as good as the first 2 seasons, but it's still a good show. I can't tell where things are going entirely so I like that. The finale will be freaky, I think
Are you caught up with the show ?
I have been enjoying the last few episodes of Dexter so much, Alex. Dexter and Trilogy's interactions are so riviting...so many surprises! I'm going to be sad to see John Lithgow leave.

Friday Night Lights
...I need to watch. Which episode is this one? I have watched the first 3 episodes.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

When's Lith leaving? That sucks! Maybe I just won't bother to watch the show anymore, heh. JK. But for some reason my brain thought he was signed up for the entire season. It's sucks knowing that isn't the case.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
When's Lith leaving? That sucks! Maybe I just won't bother to watch the show anymore, heh. JK. But for some reason my brain thought he was signed up for the entire season. It's sucks knowing that isn't the case.

I haven't heard when he's leaving. I just assumed that since he's a bad guy...he won't stay forever.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I haven't heard when he's leaving. I just assumed that since he's a bad guy...he won't stay forever.
Got it. I wish he would. He's fantastic not only in this role but as an actor in general. He's like the male version of Sally Field on TV where you wonder how on earth they collected such a gifted actor on the small screen, not that the small screen has terrible actors but you know what I mean, heh.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Got it. I wish he would. He's fantastic not only in this role but as an actor in general. He's like the male version of Sally Field on TV where you wonder how on earth they collected such a gifted actor on the small screen, not that the small screen has terrible actors but you know what I mean, heh.
Have you been watching the show this season, Michelle?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Have you been watching the show this season, Michelle?
Well, I'm being a bad girl in that I am addicted to what I am watching in the earlier seasons so whenever I scan showtime and it's on, I will glance at the episodes here and there which is stupid because I should wait until I get there but I can't help it.

ETA: I forgot, but Lithgow was of course on 3rd Rock but ironically I never watched. He just seems to be the type of actor who is so good he could simply do large screen and be tremendous but he really does have a mixture of both the small and large screen which makes him all the more special.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:34 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
I have been enjoying the last few episodes of Dexter so much, Alex. Dexter and Trilogy's interactions are so riviting...so many surprises! I'm going to be sad to see John Lithgow leave.
Agreed on all accounts. This is very tense and thrilling to watch.

Quote:

Friday Night Lights
...I need to watch. Which episode is this one? I have watched the first 3 episodes.
This was 4x05. Really amazing episode

Old 12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Well, I'm being a bad girl in that I am addicted to what I am watching in the earlier seasons so whenever I scan showtime and it's on, I will glance at the episodes here and there which is stupid because I should wait until I get there but I can't help it.

ETA: I forgot, but Lithgow was of course on 3rd Rock but ironically I never watched. He just seems to be the type of actor who is so good he could simply do large screen and be tremendous but he really does have a mixture of both the small and large screen which makes him all the more special.
I haven't seen Lithgow on Dexter, but I have to comment on this amazing actor.

I have always been a huge fan of Lithgow. 10 years or so ago, while on vacation in L.A., we got to go to a taping of 3rd Rock, which was one of our favorite shows at the time, and there is nothing like seeing Lithgow in person. He was manic and larger than life on that show, and to see it in person was something to behold. He is a master in every medium - film, tv, stage. He even recorded a children's album!. He can be over the top-larger than life one minute, and be small and unassuming the next. Hysterically funny one moment, and dark and creepy the next. I mean, The World According To Garp, Terms Of Endearment, Buckaroo Banzai, Harry And The Hendersons, Santa Claus The Movie, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Raising Cain, Dexter, and a slew of award winning TV movies and stage performances just show an incredible range. Not to mention his section in Twilight Zone The Movie where he unravels and goes nuts on an airplane. Just one of my favorites. Always will be.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Dexter

Agh, all this talk is tempting me. I really can't wait to start watching this season. I'm kind of waiting until the end of the season for some reason.

Speaking of John Lithgow: my brother and my dad saw him in an airport once eating a hamburger, and then running for a plane when the announcement was made for the last call.

Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
I rather liked Rachel's thing with Joshua as well -- his "No, but thanks!" and thumbs up after she panics about Ross and Emily and suggests they get married, and her answering the door in her old wedding dress, expecting Chandler, and finding Joshua instead, is one of my top Rachel moments: "Yeah, well, that oughta do it." Hee. I liked Awkward Rachel.
Joshua was pretty great, hee. I mean, not as an actual relationship for Rachel, but just for pure comedy. Which is why, unlike some of the weird endings for the relationships, his weird ending that you quoted was really, really funny! I loved him being freaked out by the duck and the chick, because my best friend is afraid of birds too, hee.

Hmm, Kathy/Chandler. Well, I did think they were cute, but I didn't like Kathy very much. I guess I just hate anyone that betrays Joey. Which is a little weird, because he's basically betrayed every girl he's dated, hasn't he? Heh. He's a sympathetic pig, what can I say?

I am one of the many that like "The One Where Everyone Finds Out" because, let's face it, I'll be as immature as they are all at that age. I always found their immaturity endearing, but I can see that one going a bit overboard. I did hate, though, how Joey had to protect the secret at such lengths, and at the end of the ep, Chandler and Monica don't want Ross to know. Why do they not want him to know??? Everyone knows. It's not a secret anymore. I've just never understood that, although Ross finding out is pretty damn funny, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Friends

Quote:
Hmm, Kathy/Chandler. Well, I did think they were cute, but I didn't like Kathy very much. I guess I just hate anyone that betrays Joey. Which is a little weird, because he's basically betrayed every girl he's dated, hasn't he? Heh. He's a sympathetic pig, what can I say?
But it was okay that he was on a date with another girl the very same evening that she and Chandler first kissed?

Quote:
I did hate, though, how Joey had to protect the secret at such lengths, and at the end of the ep, Chandler and Monica don't want Ross to know. Why do they not want him to know??? Everyone knows. It's not a secret anymore. I've just never understood that, although Ross finding out is pretty damn funny, heh.
...and all because they do exactly what they did the episode before and put on a display for anyone in the former apartment of Ugly Naked Guy! (Seriously, the bedroom was five feet away. Just...ew.)

Psych

And a little Christmas present for the Psych fans...

Shawn and Gus sing! Again! And this time pretend to star in a Hall & Oates video!

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 12-05-2009 at 06:20 PM
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Friends

Quote:
But it was okay that he was on a date with another girl the very same evening that she and Chandler first kissed?
I know! It's messed up, isn't it? But I still felt like Chandler shouldn't have done it. It's hilarious, because as we all know, I'm not like Joey at all and he is really really awful with girls, but I still took his side! Hee. I think it's the expression he gets on his face when he's upset with Chandler. He looks so sad. Aw. That has to be it, because I can't explain it otherwise! Heh.

Psych

Sometimes I think Shawn and Gus trend a little towards being more than just in a bromance. That video is one of those times, hee. Go Shawn's mullet! And GUS. Lassie is actually doing a great job too with the drums.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
I haven't seen Lithgow on Dexter, but I have to comment on this amazing actor.

I have always been a huge fan of Lithgow. 10 years or so ago, while on vacation in L.A., we got to go to a taping of 3rd Rock, which was one of our favorite shows at the time, and there is nothing like seeing Lithgow in person. He was manic and larger than life on that show, and to see it in person was something to behold. He is a master in every medium - film, tv, stage. He even recorded a children's album!. He can be over the top-larger than life one minute, and be small and unassuming the next. Hysterically funny one moment, and dark and creepy the next. I mean, The World According To Garp, Terms Of Endearment, Buckaroo Banzai, Harry And The Hendersons, Santa Claus The Movie, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Raising Cain, Dexter, and a slew of award winning TV movies and stage performances just show an incredible range. Not to mention his section in Twilight Zone The Movie where he unravels and goes nuts on an airplane. Just one of my favorites. Always will be.
Great post, Barry. How awesome you were able to see his talent in person! I had no idea he recorded a children's album. That's amazing, indeed. Yes, his versatility is absolutely incredible.

If you had to pick your favorite movie of his, which one would you choose and why?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'Tos, please explain your reasoning for waiting until the end of the season to watch Dexter?

Barry, if you are a fan of John Lithgow...it's worth it for you just to watch this seaon of Dexter...only to see him in action. What a fantastic actor...he can fill you with terror with just one word or a look.

Alex, thanks for the info.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Friends

Quote:
I know! It's messed up, isn't it? But I still felt like Chandler shouldn't have done it. It's hilarious, because as we all know, I'm not like Joey at all and he is really really awful with girls, but I still took his side! Hee. I think it's the expression he gets on his face when he's upset with Chandler. He looks so sad. Aw. That has to be it, because I can't explain it otherwise! Heh.
Hee, I totally see Chandler's wrongness. I just think in that particular situation, he was more wrong than Kathy was since he was Joey's best friend whereas she and Joey were non-exclusive (although she did kiss his best friend instead of just some random guy, which is the problematic part). Although I'm not sure why I care considering she wound up cheating on Chandler anyway, heh. What can I say; I just like the Velveteen Rabbit birthday gift storyline, and so feel the need to defend them on the basis of finding that endearing, hee.

Psych

I particularly like Gus's crazy-eyed leer at the camera, heh. And Lassie does have some mad drum skillz! Ooh, there's a B- or C-plot for the future, have them discover that he moonlights in a rock band, hee. I don't actually know where the story would go from there. It would just be unexpected.

And if "Private Eyes" made you wonder about their bromance, you really ought to see last year's musical promo, heh.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread