Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Psych

Oh, 'Tos, don't know what made me think of this, but have you made any further progress with the show, or are you a little preoccupied with new TV and hockey? (I've yet to watch last Friday's new episode, so I know a little about it, heh. Except for the hockey part.)
I believe the last episode I watched was the telenova one, and that was maybe a week or more ago, so I'm definitely preoccupied, hee. And that will probably get worse with hockey really starting. Maybe I'll need a Gus fix soon, though, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Ann Coulter supported Hillary over McCain because among ultra-conservatives, the latter is considered far too moderate, whereas, I don't know, I think there may have been some element of sabotage in her endorsement (people would be tired of Hillary in four years and proceed in 2012 to elect a 'real' Republican, or something along those lines, and Clinton was a less liberal prospect than Obama so less risky a choice in this game). The continuing support for Sarah Palin amongst conservatives in general seems to be some belief that she's just a regular person and holds exactly the right views and is a "breath of fresh air" (hear that one a lot).

Just thought I'd offer some input based on the views of my father and the conservative wing of the media. I, for the record, am certainly more conservative than liberal in many, though not all, regards, but also can't stand Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin. And here endeth my involvement in any political discussion on this board.
To me, Sarah Palin is a "breath of hot air". It just popped in my head and I had to say it. Lol.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 10-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
To me, Sarah Palin is a "breath of hot air". It just popped in my head and I had to say it. Lol.
Very well said, Barry.

Erin... somehow I predicted you would talk about this. LOL. I do agree that Hillary's gender has certainly been addressed but I think even Sarah Palin, for as much as I dislike her, was hit even harder. Because I think even most conservatives can admit even if they didn't want Hillary in there due to her political views, most would say she was a brilliant woman who knows her stuff. No one can deny this about Hillary. However, with Palin, I think her gender and complete stupidity in certain areas (IE: I can see Russia ) really caused severe pokes at her. Although if I am correct since I don't follow him too much or else I would have to poke my eyes out, Hannity liked Palin. I remember he nauseated me severely whenever I watched an interview he gave with her where he basically acted like she was this precious flower. His voice and mannerisms (of course I studied this from a psych point of view hee) were so telling. So I am not sure if he said this about Hillary based on her gender if he liked Palin. I don't know, but I do know that gender was certainly addressed during the prelims on both sides of the street.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-01-2009 at 05:52 PM
Old 10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
(IE: I can see Russia )
That was so classic. Tina Fey had a brilliant blast with that one, heh.

Quote:
Although if I am correct since I don't follow him too much or else I would have to poke my eyes out, Hannity liked Palin.
Hee. I remember watching that interview with you. It was sickening, indeed.

My comments on the Polanski situation go with everyone else. Hollywood, with Winger leading charge, are a bunch of delusional idiots. Woody Allen is what really makes me laugh. Dude had his own set of issues so what a shocker he would support Roman. Good God. I do love how talk shows such as Behar and others are calling Hollywood out, though. They might be delusional and they will continue to be delusional but they also will pay attention to the negative backlash at least. They won't change but at least it makes me smile that they are well aware of the fact that people feel they need locked up for being so completely off the wall crazy.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Flash Forward

And the mystery continues. Good pace, good reveals. I didn't think it was quite as good as last week's, but I am completely bored by Olivia's flash forward and the drama surrounding it between her and Mark. It's just...really really not good, hee. Other than that, I'm enjoying the mystery, and the ep had much more lightness to it.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm. Lots of Palin bashing on this thread. I'll just go stand over here in the corner.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Hmm. Lots of Palin bashing on this thread. I'll just go stand over here in the corner.

Alan, if it makes you feel any better..I did really like her when she was first selected as McCain's running mate. I thought she was a cool, smart lady and I liked the Idea of her.
I lost some respect from her when she started to make some questionable comments and her overall intelligence took a downturn in my estimation.
Of course, I believe that the press was out to get her with their questions.

Alan, don't ever feel that you have to stand in the corner!! Be proud and state your peace.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Mitch so called McCain's destruction the minute he appointed Palin. I remember it perfectly. She looked up her credentials and said the following:

Well, now McCain is not only losing this election but losing this election BIG.

Damn, was she right with that statement. Heh.

No, it had nothing to do with Palin's gender either. The truth of the matter is in Michelle's mind, and my own, Sarah Palin was not ready to be Vice President. Her credentials were not there. It wasn't even about stupidity because Michelle made that correct prediction before the media manipulated causing Palin to make stupid remarks. This was purely looking at her credentials.

I think what her deal was is what Palin does have knowledge on she shines. She knows her stuff. However, what she doesn't know she really doesn't know. Not to mention I think she was compared to Hillary even if they weren't going after the same job. Doesn't matter, they were still being compared and going up against Hillary Clinton did not give her any brownie points, that is for sure.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by CRFEUC; 10-02-2009 at 09:10 AM
Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think what her deal was is what Palin does have knowledge on she shines. She knows her stuff. However, what she doesn't know she really doesn't know. Not to mention I think she was compared to Hillary even if they weren't going after the same job. Doesn't matter, they were still being compared and going up against Hillary Clinton did not give her any brownie points, that is for sure.
She definitely shined when she spoke about Energy. It seemed that when she was asked a question that she didn't know...she would somehow steer her answer toward the topic of Energy which was her comfort zone.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Alan, if it makes you feel any better..I did really like her when she was first selected as McCain's running mate. I thought she was a cool, smart lady and I liked the Idea of her.
I lost some respect from her when she started to make some questionable comments and her overall intelligence took a downturn in my estimation.
Of course, I believe that the press was out to get her with their questions.

Alan, don't ever feel that you have to stand in the corner!! Be proud and state your peace.
When she was first appointed, I was shocked. I didn't see that coming. But it went downhill quickly after that. I dislike her quite a lot, but yet, I find her fascinating as well. Lol.

The Vampire Diaries

A bit slow last night, but the end has made things very interesting. Even at it's slowest, there is always Nina Dobrev to make it watchable.

Supernatural

Good episode. Cass has been used for some nice comic relief here lately, and it's amusing. Glad to see the bros back together and glad to see that next week looks like a fun episode!.

CW RATINGS

America's Next Top Model had a season high on Wednesday with 3.31 million viewers, while a rerun of Melrose Place, which has taken over the canceled TBL's spot, had 1.08 million viewers.

Last night saw The Vampire Diaires still leading the network with 3.52 million viewers, while Supernatural had a season low of 2.57 million viewers. DVR numbers have been huge though, giving all shows big boosts!.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
She definitely shined when she spoke about Energy. It seemed that when she was asked a question that she didn't know...she would somehow steer her answer toward the topic of Energy which was her comfort zone.
Yes, indeed. Most Americans noticed this instantly.

I also think her very strict social views didn't help her either. Whenever she came out saying she wasn't for abortion, even if a woman was raped, that raised some huge eyebrows because some conservatives who are anti abortion do make that exception. So it was her lack of knowledge in certain areas coupled with her extremely conservative views in areas that even conservatives can take a more liberal approach on.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFEUC (View Post)
Yes, indeed. Most Americans noticed this instantly.

I also think her very strict social views didn't help her either. Whenever she came out saying she wasn't for abortion, even if a woman was raped, that raised some huge eyebrows because some conservatives who are anti abortion do make that exception. So it was her lack of knowledge in certain areas coupled with her extremely conservative views in areas that even conservatives can take a more liberal approach on.
Not only rape but incest too. So lovely.

Quote:
Palin, a member of the anti-choice group Feminists for Life, said during her campaign for governor that she is opposed to abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. [Juneau Empire, "Abortion Draws Clear Divide in State Races," accessed 8/29/08 and Anchorage Daily News, "Governor’s Race:.]
Thus, she is for basically taking away ANY rights a woman has to choose... women’s freedom and privacy.

Whether you are for or against abortion has nothing to do with the fact that Palin wants every right taken away from a woman and what she should do with her body... even with regards to horrific CRIMES against a woman in rape and incest.

Hmm, which is why you would never find me supporting her for a big time office job. Ever.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's so true. The truth of the matter is it's a stereotype that all Republicans are anti abortion or at the very least, anti abortion in ALL circumstances since I believe I read that statistically a very large number of conservatives DO make the exception if rape or incest occur. Which is why many Republican women were rubbed the wrong way by Palin, because of this very subject we are talking about. So she not only completely turned off the liberals, a very large chunk of moderates, BUT she turned away many Republican women which is not what McCain needed in the least.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I won't stand in the corner, but I'm going to refrain from participating in this discussion...

Bones

Disappointing. That's the main word that comes to mind. The killer came out of nowhere, and the overall episode was lacking to me. I didn't care about Cam's family drama, and the not-Zack of the weeks was the least interesting one. As always there were a couple of good Bones/Booth moments, but that wasn't enough to buoy the episode.

Fringe

Interesting episode, if only because I've often wondered if there aren't scientists working on creating human bombs as we speak. It was nice to see Peter shining and in his element, but I'm going to need some movement on the Olivia storyline because her Zen bowling master is fast getting on my nerves.

The Vampire Diaries

Nina Dobrev was smoking as usual, and the revelation at the end was mildly interesting, but overall there wasn't a lot happening in this episode. I liked how they got a little dig in at the whole Twilight phenomenon while giving a sly wink to their own 'vampires in the sunlight' conceits.

Supernatural

I knew it wouldn't be long before they put the brothers back together.

It was interesting to see the alternate future with the super-hardcore Dean, but nothing out of the ordinary or original happened to make this episode outstanding.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Maybe we can take some of the political talk to the OT3 thread since there's a very good political discussion going on there at the moment? I don't mind OT talk of course and it's a good discussion, but I'm not sure if people exactly want to read about the politics of abortion on this very thread, hee.

Do you watch Flash Forward, Alan? It just seems like it would be up your alley. I know you were thinking of trying it out, but there's so many bloody shows on Thursday as is, so I'm not sure if you've been able to catch it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread