Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lol. I was a bit fascinated by how many I see on the Harry Potter board, mostly because I feel like that group often likes very similar things so I was wondering if there was a piece of fantasy to it that would draw Potter fans its way.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

It's not a fantasy, but it is very over-the-top, sort of hyper-reality. But I'm the other person who didn't enjoy it, so Gaby or Alan or shadow can give you a better review.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks! I bet it's the very over-the-top, sort of hyper-reality that they dig, then. Or maybe just a fad that they all feel obligated to engage in whether they truly like it or not. Heh.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Thanks! I bet it's the very over-the-top, sort of hyper-reality that they dig, then. Or maybe just a fad that they all feel obligated to engage in whether they truly like it or not. Heh.
Hee, they definitely dig it and like it, I think. It's just not my type of show, but it's a lot of other people's. Might be yours as well. I actually thought I would enjoy it and there's some good lines, but it was just too much...everything for me. But I can see why others would really enjoy it, so I get why it's popular and well-liked. You should give it a shot on Wednesday if you're interested.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

My new list: Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Lost, One Tree Hill, The Office, Gossip Girl, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Fringe, Dollhouse, So You Think You Can Dance, 10 Things I Hate About You, Greek

Upcoming Shows I'm looking forward to: Melrose Place, Glee, V, Fast Forward

Melrose Place

The first episode was nothing specially, but I loved Katie Cassiday. Her turn in this is just further proof that her wooden acting in Supernatural is more the character's fault than hers.

Glee

I think that FOX may be overplaying the Glee phenomenon a bit, but I did love the episodes that have aired so far. I can't say that I consider it any more over-the-top or hyper-reality than an episode of Chuck or How I Met Your Mother. It's just a fun show that celebrates the arts, and while it is only a couple episodes in, it doesn't wallow in the darkness and misery of life that a lot of the shows on TV trade in now. It's a Ryan Murphy show, so it may turn into a dark world, but I hope that it doesn't.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Glee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Hee, they definitely dig it and like it, I think. It's just not my type of show, but it's a lot of other people's. Might be yours as well. I actually thought I would enjoy it and there's some good lines, but it was just too much...everything for me. But I can see why others would really enjoy it, so I get why it's popular and well-liked. You should give it a shot on Wednesday if you're interested.
Thanks, Tos. How long has this show been out?

Quote:
I think that FOX may be overplaying the Glee phenomenon a bit, but I did love the episodes that have aired so far. I can't say that I consider it any more over-the-top or hyper-reality than an episode of Chuck or How I Met Your Mother. It's just a fun show that celebrates the arts, and while it is only a couple episodes in, it doesn't wallow in the darkness and misery of life that a lot of the shows on TV trade in now. It's a Ryan Murphy show, so it may turn into a dark world, but I hope that it doesn't.
Thanks for the explanation.

I think I will tune in on Wednesday and see what's up.

Hey Alan, you are the perfect guy to ask about this!

Topic:

One Tree Hill

I noticed you still have that show down and I was in for the shock of my life whenever I noticed that it is BACK for another season but the shocker gets bigger once I realized it is without Chad/Hilarie as Lucas/Peyton so my questions are:

1) How is this even a show without those two characters? (maybe more of a comment heh)
2) What on earth are they going to say about where they are?
3) Lucas/Peyton got the happy ending, right?

I cannot believe this show is not dead yet!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

My shows: How I Met Your Mother, Supernatural, Smallville, Vampire Diaries(we'll see how this turns out), Greek, Glee, Brothers and Sisters(on a very short leash), Desperate Housewives, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

In addition to what Alan said about Glee, it also has a lot of black comedy, hence my and Gaby's shock and awe over the blowjob joke in the last episode. There's been a few jokes about the kid in a wheelchair too, which, I've sadly found hysterical.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alan & Charles...you two have been updated.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)

In addition to what Alan said about Glee, it also has a lot of black comedy, hence my and Gaby's shock and awe over the blowjob joke in the last episode. There's been a few jokes about the kid in a wheelchair too, which, I've sadly found hysterical.
I'm sorry I'm laughing but you were just very funny and didn't try to be, just the opposite! Haha.

Got it about the BJ. LOL. I mean, I saw the bit on that but my brain didn't bother allowing me to look at what show you were talking about so I missed it. LOL.

Lastly, glad everyone is getting updated since it's very handy to look at the list and see what people are watching especially if you have questions or whatever the case might be. I remember creating that list a long while ago with Alex and I love the continued tradition on this outstanding thread (and board for that matter) but that should go without saying given the leaders we have in Tos & Betty.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks again, Michelle. Just a little reminder (you asked for one): In one hour at 9:00PM ET...Drop Dead Diva on the Lifetime channel.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for adding me to the list!

I suppose since Michelle is sitting across from me at the moment, heh, I will check out Drop Dead Diva tonight as well. I'm thinking Glee probably isn't for me. But then again I am acting like Bright watching Spongebob at the moment so maybe I have zero taste anyway? Heh. And yes, I do watch Spongebob because it is mindless babble that amazingly has good writing and for once it's fun watching nonsense. Heh.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks again, Michelle. Just a little reminder (you asked for one): In one hour at 9:00PM ET...Drop Dead Diva on the Lifetime channel.
Thanks, Betty and it's true about our mods! I also received a PM from Gaby reminding me about chat and the show and I appreciate the double coverage because I bet you anything I would have forgotten to watch so thanks guys!

I also watch Spongebob. What? It rocks. Though to be honest I do have two nieces so I guess I have an excuse to go there? Well, I'd like to think so. Heh.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Yay for new fans (hopefully) of Drop Dead Diva.

As far as Glee goes, it is about a high school teacher that is trying to recapture the glory of his high school days by trying to revive the Glee club at the local high school (the same high school the teacher went to when he was a HS student). As such, there's a lot of singing in the episodes. It seems very light, but there are dark undertones, just like Pushing Daisies was (and I know you were a fan of that, Mitch). It's also very very pretty like PD.

I don't know if you watched Popular when it was on the WB ten years ago, but it's from the same creator
I made my icon.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Thanks, Betty and it's true about our mods! I also received a PM from Gaby reminding me about chat and the show and I appreciate the double coverage because I bet you anything I would have forgotten to watch so thanks guys!
Michelle, you need to go to staples and buy one of those huge desk calenders. Don't put it on your desk....each month put a page up on your fridge (fridge magnets on each corner will hold it up.)You'll have lots of room on each date to write your activities and your shows/games. That's what I do...or else I wouldn't remember anything either.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Yay for new fans (hopefully) of Drop Dead Diva.

As far as Glee goes, it is about a high school teacher that is trying to recapture the glory of his high school days by trying to revive the Glee club at the local high school (the same high school the teacher went to when he was a HS student). As such, there's a lot of singing in the episodes. It seems very light, but there are dark undertones, just like Pushing Daisies was (and I know you were a fan of that, Mitch). It's also very very pretty like PD.
Really? Like PD, huh? Okay, I am a bit intrigued now and I bet Alex will like it based on the PD connection. That is a very "Aquarius-like" show and she even did a video on it! Hmm, well I will tune in Wednesday and see!

Quote:
I don't know if you watched Popular when it was on the WB ten years ago, but it's from the same creator
One of my Cleveland friends was a diehard so I would watch bits and pieces whenever I was over at his house. I quite liked it though I never watched consistently but it was clear it had great writing and storytelling so that's good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Michelle, you need to go to staples and buy one of those huge desk calenders. Don't put it on your desk....each month put a page up on your fridge (fridge magnets on each corner will hold it up.)You'll have lots of room on each date to write your activities and your shows/games. That's what I do...or else I wouldn't remember anything either.
Excellent tip. It's so funny how you already knew I don't have one of these, hee. Sensational idea and I am taking you up on it! I typically do write down scribble on a random sheet of paper I can find which is just not fun because you can still lose this random sheet of paper but Michelle still amazingly or pathetically goes with it. Heh.

ETA: Drop Dead Diva

Okay I really like this show! I absolutely love the theme. That last exchange between her and that other woman who is a biatch (don't know her name) was incredible as she asked her to go shopping and she said maybe or whatever idiotic response she gave though she seemed to come around compared to earlier so that was a score. I really love the great acting, great beat in the flow, extremely good writing. I think I am convinced enough to watch again next week!

Last edited by jediwands; 09-13-2009 at 07:01 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread