Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Yeah, I'm actually a bit intrigued by that one -- heard so many positive things about the story, dialogue, and performances, and I especially like that it's really not supposed to be a romantic comedy, but something darker and much less cutesy/icky/conventionally "romantic" than that. Plus, besides the B&S thing, the Smiths! Or at least the She & Him cover. (Are they using any actual Smiths in it, though? I originally heard that "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" was supposed to have been used somewhere, but maybe not. But if that particular song does come up anywhere, then I do need to see this movie.)
Yeah, Summer (Zooey's character) sings the "to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die" line after she hears Tom (Joseph's character) listening to The Smiths in the elevator on his headphones.
I made my icon.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Well, I guess that seals it for me, heh. Characters who use B&S lyrics in their yearbooks and listen to (and can sing) The Smiths. Those are my kind of folk.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

All that and Zooey Deschanel? I'm in. Hee.

Is there any actual B&S on the soundtrack?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Well the credits did credit TBWTAS, but I can't tell if that's because of the high school yearbook quote or if it was played elsewhere as well.
I made my icon.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

I'd been planning to catch that movie anyway. I love JGL and Zooey.

Ben Feldman, the guardian angel from Drop Dead Diva, has been in a lot of stuff, from Friday the 13th to Cloverfield, but I mainly remember him from Living With Fran, a show that also featured one Ryan McPartlin, aka Captain Awesome.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen Friday the 13th nor Cloverfield, but it's entirely possible I stumbled upon an episode of LWF once or twice.

Also, glad to hear you were planning on checking out 500DoS.
I made my icon.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)

AT is awesome on DH.
I watch that, dude. Alex got me interested and used Eliza as the bait. It worked. Heh.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Haha, Eliza is fantastic bait. Speaking of Eliza, are you still watching Buffy?
I made my icon.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

And speaking of..TV, heh, do you still watch Lost, Michelle?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Haha, Eliza is fantastic bait.
Oh she is, indeed. Let me count the ways. Hee.

Quote:
Speaking of Eliza, are you still watching Buffy?
Finished the series from start to finish. Outstanding and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
And speaking of..TV, heh, do you still watch Lost, Michelle?
I completely slacked off with Lost this season which is ridiculous but there's the reality. I have to catch up, although I am fairly spoiled for the most part.

What did you think of this season, Tos?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Oh she is, indeed. Let me count the ways. Hee.
Hee.
Quote:
Finished the series from start to finish. Outstanding and then some.
Mind sharing some more specific thoughts since we didn't get to experience it with you?
I made my icon.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

More (500) Days of Summer Music Talk

The official soundtrack's out today, and, wow, good stuff. Two Smiths tracks, though no B&S, although I guess that doesn't preclude the possible use of "The Boy With the Arab Strap" in the film itself. But the fact that they also managed to sneak in Hall & Oates (shut up they remind me of my childhood) amidst all the cool international indie stuff -- oh, and Simon & Garfunkel, too! -- just piques my interest even more, heh. Entertainment Weekly refers to it as the "new charmingly twee soundtrack" to succeed Juno's, but I'm frankly considering this one superior just for the lack of The Moldy Peaches/Kimya Dawson and "Piazza, New York Catcher."
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
More (500) Days of Summer Music Talk

The official soundtrack's out today, and, wow, good stuff. Two Smiths tracks, though no B&S, although I guess that doesn't preclude the possible use of "The Boy With the Arab Strap" in the film itself. But the fact that they also managed to sneak in Hall & Oates (shut up they remind me of my childhood) amidst all the cool international indie stuff -- oh, and Simon & Garfunkel, too! -- just piques my interest even more, heh. Entertainment Weekly refers to it as the "new charmingly twee soundtrack" to succeed Juno's, but I'm frankly considering this one superior just for the lack of The Moldy Peaches/Kimya Dawson and "Piazza, New York Catcher."
I'm going to have to listen to this one and see the movie because I'm not really a fan of many of the indie bands on this one (yet, at least) but Juno had The Kinks, The Velvet Underground, Buddy Holly AND B&S. Going to be hard to top, but if it does, I'll have some new bands to be fans of.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm going to have to listen to this one and see the movie because I'm not really a fan of many of the indie bands on this one (yet, at least) but Juno had The Kinks, The Velvet Underground, Buddy Holly AND B&S. Going to be hard to top, but if it does, I'll have some new bands to be fans of.
Good point on that great lineup (even with VU and B&S songs that I dislike, but my inexplicable fondness for "All the Young Dudes" can make up for that), but the sing-songiness of the other stuff bugged. The overall sound (from the songs I know) here seems mostly more cohesive, less...horribly grating, heh. But there are some bands on there that I don't know yet, either, and I'm not the hugest Regina Spektor fan (though I've liked one or two of her songs).

It is possible that "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" is just biasing me tremendously, hee.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Even More (500) Days of Summer Music Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
but the sing-songiness of the other stuff bugged. The overall sound (from the songs I know) here seems mostly more cohesive, less...horribly grating, heh.
Isn't that the point of twee? Hee. No, I definitely felt the same way as you did on some of the songs. They really do fit with the movie (have you seen it?), but outside of it...well, I never did end up keeping really any of the songs that I didn't already have from the album. And, yeah, the songs from all of the aforementioned artists aren't my faves (although there's definitely nothing wrong with "A Well Respected Man").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
It is possible that "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" is just biasing me tremendously, hee.
Hee, well, it is a great song, so if it's biasing you, it's doing so for good reason?

Buffy/Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby
Mind sharing some more specific thoughts since we didn't get to experience it with you?
Seconded! Even just your favourite episodes, characters, things you liked, etc. I'm so glad that you watched it and loved it, Michelle. There's something about Everwood fans and Buffy. I don't know what it is, but a lot of fans of Everwood were and are fans of Buffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
What did you think of this season, Tos?
Hmm, not as good as S4. But, that season had "The Constant" (best episode of the series for my money) and the incredible finale, and tons of awesome, Scottish Desmond, heh. This one took a while to get going and I don't think it holds together quite as well as S4 did, but..it's probably an unfair comparison since S4 was probably the best season since S1. S5 was really just a few notches below S4. When you get time, you'll definitely have to catch up before the *sniff* final season.

Last edited by 'Tos; 07-14-2009 at 10:27 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread