Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2020, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OT2 Thread #159: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (Comics, TV Shows, Movies, Music)

Welcome to OT2 Thread #159!

This is the second OT Thread. This thread is about discussing shows, movies, comics, and music. Bring over your thoughts!

Shows Current Everwood Members Watch:

Michelle:
Batwoman, Supergirl, The Flash, Riverdale, Katy Keene
Chesapeake Shores, Stranger Things

Betty:
Past: Everwood, Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, OTH, Parenthood, Pretty Little Liars
Present: Blue Bloods, The Blacklist, Supergirl, The 100, Grace & Frankie, Chesapeake Shores, Graham Norton Show, This Is Us, The Resident, Ozark, The Marvelous Mrs.
Maisel, 911 Lone Star, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Alan (The Crow):
Lucifer, Supergirl, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Flash, Arrow, The 100, Superstore, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, The Good Witch, Chesapeake Shores, Wynonna Earp, Riverdale, The Haunting of Hill House

Shu/ds44:
The Flash, Chespeake Shores, Empire, This is Us, Riverdale, Elite, Dynasty, All American, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Sam/stlavin95:
Doctor Who, Shameless, the Walking Dead, the Deuce, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Mayans MC, The Flash, The Gifted, This is Us, American Horror Story, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Mr Mercedes, Supernatural, the Good Place, Titans,
Ray Donovan, iZombie, Daredevil, Black Lightning, Agents of Shield, Iron Fist, the 100, Runways, Cloak & Dagger,
Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Lucifer, Brooklyn 99

Old 03-21-2020, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Posted this late last night at the end of the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Batwoman: 1.15: Off With Her Head

The very best episode of the series to date. This could easily be the finale of season 1.

What an episode!

First off... Debra Mooney! Loved her as Mommy Dearest. She is always a delight in everything she is in, but I'll always think of her first as Edna from Everwood! Of course. My sassy, dry-witted, strong, loving, intelligent Grandma who rides a motorcycle.

Well, Rachel Skarsten brought her A-Game this episode. Doesn’t she always? But this... this was a performance made of pure perfection. Loved the part where Beth stopped being Beth and became Alice by flame broiling the abusive evil woman. Are you kidding me? Shouldn't have kept her mother's head in the fridge... or repeatedly scalding her innocent, child hands...or stole those earrings! Not only was she kidnapped by a monster who made her cut faces off, she was also horribly abused by his psycho mom, and found her dead moms head in the fridge! No wonder she is all kinds of messed up. Seriously... EVERYTHING Alice has done is horrific, no doubt. But she was mentally TORTURED as a child. In psychological terms... she was almost better off raped once instead of what actually happened to her for YEARS. The worst form of mental and physical abuse possible. She is legally insane or was. Not sure how the courts would work it out but an insanity defense is... strong. They have time too since everyone thinks she’s dead.

I just can’t get over what Beth went through. It is the true meaning of darkness. I absolutely love that Jacob and Kate ultimately SAVED her in the end. Jacob saved her life literally (with Kate’s help) and Kate killed the psychopath in charge of her torture (along with his evil mother). Alice/Beth will stop blaming them now.

I loved the scene when Kate and Alice drink together.

I also love when Kate texted Sophie.

Kate is going to take being a killer hard. However, to be fair he was clinging to life on his own due to cutting himself. Also, he was a satanic psychopath. Hope Kate gets over it soon. Context does matter, even when it comes to killing.

Tons of good Kane family dynamics in general, especially with Alice and Jacob, this was really the first time he even seemed to see a bit of his daughter in Alice, even if it was just in sadness. I suspect he’ll start to see the light more and more. He even made a comment about saving what sanity is left. He knows she turned completely insane and it’s justified.

Loving the Mary and Luke team up, and that Mary so much wants to work with Batwoman, that she is about to start sliding her sidekick resume under Kates door. "Yep, I am super good at healing people... and keeping secrets... and finding clues...and being a side kick...." LOL. I love Mary. The hand holding and heavy banter with Luke was so great.

Well, Mouse is loose now. Wonder how that's going to play out. I would bet money a moment will happen when Alice/Beth will have to choose to save Mouse or Kate and she will pick Kate.

Got a Jonathan Crane name-drop. I wonder if we'll ever see him somewhere down the line.

Wow. This episode! I can’t wait for the next one.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2020 at 09:46 AM
Old 03-21-2020, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

I knew you'd love that episode. It had all the juicy psychological stuff for you to sink your teeth into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ
Anyone planning to do any rewatching during all this social distancing?
I've been rewatching Republic of Doyle and Diablero on Netflix. When I want a good laugh, I've been rewatching Happy Endings on Hulu.

I've mainly been rewatching Diablero because my niece discovered it and has been watching with me.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Vampire State Building #4 by Rafael Albuquerque

Old 03-21-2020, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ What a terrific Cover
Old 03-21-2020, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I knew you'd love that episode. It had all the juicy psychological stuff for you to sink your teeth into.
Absolutely.

I really want to know what will happen now with Alice/Beth and her relationship with Kate/Jacob.

Mouse is a dangerous threat too. Yes, he still doesn’t have the cure. Problem is even with the cure he’ll still want Kate dead.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Old 03-21-2020, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ This is so great!
Old 03-21-2020, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Their stuff turned out pretty good too.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’m just finishing up. It did.

I love how close they are.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Tftnt
Old 03-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

I'm watching this right now, and it's already insane. I've been to Wynnewood before, and I've seen the signs for the park that's the focus of the show, but I've never actually been to it.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ That looks fabulous. Oklahoma! Okay, I have to give this a watch. It looks so good.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Tftnt
Welcome!
Old 03-21-2020, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread