Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks for the trailer! It was shown during the game last night. I can't wait!

This Cover is one of my favorites! Love oceans, lakes, anything with water so when you create a Cover this awesome with water as the environment/setting... perfect!
Old 10-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Batwoman 1.3: Down Down Down

The previous stuff had a line about Catherine (the current Mrs Kane) being the one who found the bone fragments that convinced Jacob Beth was dead. She has to be behind Bats’ grappling hook getting cut and arranging for Jacob to end his search. Maybe she tried to blow up Alice because she held her hostage after the car went into the river and doesn’t want to risk being identified. Not sure, but she’s definitely involved and villainous on some level. She hid the cards that Alice left.

Tommy Elliot is played by Gabriel Mann, Emily VanCamp's BFF. So Tommy is pissed at Batman for saving a mother he hates because he wanted her money. He's trash. Interesting that he paid someone to “riddle him” the information about Batman’s identity. The Riddler is referenced! I enjoyed seeing Gabriel Mann on the screen. Say hi to Emily.

I adore Mary so much and I’m liking her opposite Sophie. They understand each other better now which is an interesting twist. I have a feeling they might even become friends. Mary is an amazing character. I love all the different layers that they've given her. She can be snarky, loving the rich life, but she's also a caring Empath who snaps into doctor mode when necessary. She loves people... an intelligent Empath future medical doctor who already knows more about medicine than actual medical professionals on the scene in the episode. Go, Mary! Like I said, I loved her dynamic with Sophie. I thought they worked extremely well together, and I'm glad Sophie got to see the doctor side to Mary. I love Mary for her loyalty to Kate, even when she doesn’t feel it in return, telling Sophie that Kate’s probably out dating since she’s single, smart, and gorgeous. LOL! Mary is my favorite character, hands down. I truly believe she's the best character on the show.

Then there's Alice, who is really fun to watch because of Rachel Skarsten's portrayal of her. She is allowing Alice to be completely unhinged yet there's moments when you believe she's completely sane with normal emotions. It's fascinating.

The Kate/Alice stuff is well done. Alice saved Kate! Obviously, there is a part of Beth still in there. How far can Alice go before Kate really does give up on her? This dynamic is so psychologically compelling, I am tempted to tell all my coworkers to give it a watch. It's really THAT good.

New bartender (Reagan) is either really awesome or totally bad. I am not sure yet. If she doesn't turn out evil, I would like to see more of her. Apparently Sophie would not since she was jealous, that much is clear.

Need to see more of Luke to have an opinion. See, I know he's a huge part of the show yet I don't feel a ton for him just yet. Not sure if it's the actor but I'm just not connecting with him yet. I am indifferent but want to see more.

Rachel Maddow continues to be heard. LOL.

I'm glad we got the full Batwoman look. She looks great.

I love Mary and Kate making faces in the elevator to make fun of Sophie. I could watch an episode with Mary and Kate only sharing scenes, banter, and fun. I need more Mary in general. “We get it Tommy, could you live any higher?” LOL.

I read that Mary is most probably based on a character in the comics, so it would be great if she does become a Superhero. I already love her but imagine her as a Superhero and the entire city is able to love her as well?

Last edited by jediwands; 10-22-2019 at 05:59 AM
Old 10-22-2019, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl 5.3: Blurred Lines

The theme of this episode is exploring boundaries and how difficult it can be not to cross lines when you care about someone and they are in pain. Nia Nahl was truly the "hero" in this one since she realized she had to reveal that it was J'onn and not M'yrnn who committed the gravest Martian sin of memory-erasure to J'onn. She also did the right thing with Brainy as well. Then there's Kara and what Lena is doing to her, which is making me really mad at this point. Poor Kara, seriously. I will get to that in a bit. Kelly is tricked by Malefic (posing as an old friend) as well.

Kelly/Alex are separated for plot reasons. Some are saying Kelly should have fought having to leave but I actually find it refreshing that she is smart enough to realize it is a good choice to just take off for a bit (since she'll be a target) while the professionals take care of the situation. She is a huge threat, she knows it, and she made the right choice. That said, Mehcad Brooks is not a regular anymore so I have a feeling this storyline allowed Mehcad less screen time so they went with it.

J'onn/Nia scenes were brilliant. I loved their scenes together but I hated that J'onn was a cause for Malefic not being remembered by him or his father. I understand why Malefic is wounded over his past. Although his evil ways now are not justified in the least.

One of the greatest things about this show is the Lena/Kara interaction. Show, for right now, you have ruined all Lena/Kara scenes for me. What Lena is doing to Kara is straight up evil. I understand Lena feels betrayed and her entire history screams a future "unhinged" time period. But what she is doing you cannot explain away or justify. What Lena has done to Eve (allowing Hope to enter) is straight up evil. What she is doing to Kara breaks my heart. At this point, I cannot support or even feel for Lena anymore. I am holding out "hope" that Lena is being controlled by Hope and she didn't do that to Eve on her own. It is despicable. What she is doing to Kara is disgusting as well as stated above. It sucks. There is ZERO remorse on Lena's end. She doesn't care about Eve or Kara, and it's pathetic. What Kara did (by not revealing she is Supergirl) was not to intentionally hurt Lena, just the opposite. But Lena is intentionally hurting and betraying Kara, and that is the massive difference.

Andrea is such a cartoon villain right now. It is over the top. I just want her off the screen.

Also... I do not care about William Dey and whatever secrets he's carrying... even if it turns out being for a good cause... I do not care about the character, his accent is distracting because I cannot understand him, and I do not want Kara romantically linked to him! Please, no.

I totally sided with Nia on the Brainy issue. I adore Brainy, but he has to find a way to tone it down because Brainy being at 100% is definitely too much.

I loved seeing Sean Astin (his mother was such a terrific actress as well) on my screen.

Ending on a good note... It was nice to see Alex and Kara have a sister dumpling night (and to see Kara with doughnuts again!).

Last edited by jediwands; 10-22-2019 at 12:37 PM
Old 10-23-2019, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Have you watched the new Batwoman and Supergirl episodes?
I have
Old 10-23-2019, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I have
What did you think? You can tell from above what I thought, LOL.

I'm going to watch The Flash shortly! I started watching after Sports stuff late last night but fell asleep right before I pressed play.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Flash Forward #5 by Doc Shaner

Old 10-23-2019, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ That is magical. I love it! I know not everyone loves Time Travel stuff but I just... I love it because of the Spiritual aspect. That's just great Art in general too. Sweet!
Old 10-23-2019, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Question for anyone who watched The Flash this week. Am I the only one who thought Ralph's mom could have been helped with a subpoena? The cops could have issued a subpoena for the surveillance footage. They didn't need to use superpowers and what not. Other that that I liked the show, for the most part. Oh, and they should have told Joe. Barry is his son, and if he is going to die, perhaps, he needs to know. He deserves to know.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash 6.3: Dead Man Running

This season is fabulous so far. Loving every minute of it.

I want to look up what Eternium is... I know it's in the Comics but I think I'll just wait until the show explains it. Obviously the new Wells detecting some on Iris is significant too. Boy, will he feel stupid when he finds out that magic is totally real in this universe!

Like I said, this season is really shaping up to be a great one. I actually love the villain. His motive does make some sense (as much as possible).

I'm also loving the KF stuff... Danielle Panabaker looks like she's having a blast and I love how she plays Frost. Definitely rough around the edges (hello) but her sarcasm and comedy cracks me up. The serious, heart-to-heart scenes are great as well.

The Ralph family stuff, I believe, was basically a set up for Ralph and Sue which I'm so excited for! Hartley Sawyer is such a terrific actor, too. I loved the Ralph/Cecile team up.

And there we go... new Wells has arrived. How awesome was Iris kicking his a$$. LOL. I actually think this current Wells or Indiana Wells (Nash Wells) has huge potential. I loved his interactions with Iris and Cisco.

Speaking of Iris and Cisco... I've been hoping these two get more storylines/scenes together for a while now and have been saying as much right on this very thread. I love their interaction in this one. More Iris/Cisco, please!

Barry's dorky dancing was everything, and him and Iris dancing together was adorable. I love that scene! Not as much Iris and Barry as the last few episodes (boo!) but I was happy they told the team together that Barry is in danger of dying. I thought it was cool Frost figured out Barry was holding a secret (he was going to die). I feel like WestAllen should want to spend as much time together as possible, knowing that Barry is supposed to die soon, so I hope we get more WestAllen private interaction. But then again, we just had a similar storyline (Iris possibly dying) so Team Flash obviously isn't going to go down without a fight attempting to save Barry. It doesn't matter that he said they cannot try... they will, we know this. One of the main themes of this show is hope. That isn't changing now.

Like I said... Ramsey is a promising villain and I loved his talk with Barry. The acting was phenomenal. Both actors shined on the screen together and it was interesting even drawing a parallel between the hero and the villain. Both have a death sentence hanging over their heads, but while Barry tries to do good, accepting what is coming, Ramsey is fighting so hard against death that he is doing increasingly sketchy things. Real life is so prominent in this storyline... everyone has to deal with death at one time or another, either suddenly or with time to prepare. There's various ways people deal with and view death (some believe it's truly a graduation and passing to another world) while others are scared and don't know what is to come. This entire hero/villain theme is fascinating because it enters real life territory/you can relate.

We got to see a tiny bit of the developing mentor/mentee relationship between Iris and Allegra. I actually see similar personalities between Allegra and Iris... both passionate journalists seeking out the truth. I was with Iris though for instinctively wanting to hold the truth about Wells temporarily. A trust needs to be built between them, as there has not been enough time for Allegra to gain that trust. Looking forward to Iris' relationship with her co-workers.

Joe needs filled in quickly on Crisis/Barry's "death" that is coming. He should have been the first one they told. Hope he finds out soon.

Great episode. I can't wait for the next one!
Old 10-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Question for anyone who watched The Flash this week. Am I the only one who thought Ralph's mom could have been helped with a subpoena? The cops could have issued a subpoena for the surveillance footage. They didn't need to use superpowers and what not. Other that that I liked the show, for the most part. Oh, and they should have told Joe. Barry is his son, and if he is going to die, perhaps, he needs to know. He deserves to know.
Exactly! They didn't have to go through tricking the stupid owner who didn't want to cooperate. Legally, they could have demanded he release the footage.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly! They didn't have to go through tricking the stupid owner who didn't want to cooperate. Legally, they could have demanded he release the footage.
IKR, I kept talking back to the tv, just get the subpoena. And I am not even that smart. But I do watch enough tv to know that.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
IKR, I kept talking back to the tv, just get the subpoena. And I am not even that smart. But I do watch enough tv to know that.
Right!
Old 10-24-2019, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What did you think? You can tell from above what I thought, LOL.

I'm going to watch The Flash shortly! I started watching after Sports stuff late last night but fell asleep right before I pressed play.
Enjoyed both episodes again
Old 10-24-2019, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Enjoyed both episodes again
Yes, I’m really liking Batwoman. Supergirl has been great too. I think The Flash is setting up to be one of the strongest seasons yet.

Have you watched Riverdale? I heard it’s bonkers.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, I’m really liking Batwoman. Supergirl has been great too. I think The Flash is setting up to be one of the strongest seasons yet.

Have you watched Riverdale? I heard it’s bonkers.
It was bonkers.