Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2019, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks
Old 10-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It makes perfect sense. He's a writer, narrating our story and always ending the episodes with his thoughts going into his computer
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-20-2019, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it does
Old 10-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
It makes perfect sense. He's a writer, narrating our story and always ending the episodes with his thoughts going into his computer
Right! When he turns to his left and sees the four of them sitting in the booth together, it really is like he's writing this story, seeing it unfold in front of him.

The question is... would you guys want a twist like this?

Last edited by jediwands; 10-20-2019 at 09:33 AM
Old 10-20-2019, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe in a series finale? Idk
Old 10-20-2019, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Right, of course, only series finale.

I think it's clever but I'm not sure I'd like it. It just teases the audience, manipulates, being forced to watch a book unfold on the screen without knowledge of it until the very end. I don't know... I like shocking twists for endings (like Lost) but it has to be done right. I guess it would depend on how it is done. It would make me sad knowing Choni for example was all made up...
Old 10-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Right, of course, only series finale.

I think it's clever but I'm not sure I'd like it. It just teases the audience, manipulates, being forced to watch a book unfold on the screen without knowledge of it until the very end. I don't know... I like shocking twists for endings (like Lost) but it has to be done right. I guess it would depend on how it is done. It would make me sad knowing Choni for example was all made up...
They could make it so that, Jughead is writing a book based on events and real people in his life. Like they turn Riverdale into a book.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
They could make it so that, Jughead is writing a book based on events and real people in his life. Like they turn Riverdale into a book.
Ohhhhhh I never thought of that. LOL. You're right, they could go there and it would absolutely work. Clever twist of real events. I would love it actually.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Ohhhhhh I never thought of that. LOL. You're right, they could go there and it would absolutely work. Clever twist of real events. I would love it actually.
I have seen too many shows where the events become books. I don't think they like to erase the events people have been watching.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I have seen too many shows where the events become books. I don't think they like to erase the events people have been watching.
Makes sense. It wouldn't be ideal.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I agree, Barry and Iris have been great. I have always liked them, but I am loving them as of late. Since Barry has to "die" based on what they know. And they want kids, Nora, you would think they would try, just in case. For Iris' case. Not saying I want or need babies on the show, just saying story wise.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I agree, Barry and Iris have been great. I have always liked them, but I am loving them as of late. Since Barry has to "die" based on what they know. And they want kids, Nora, you would think they would try, just in case. For Iris' case. Not saying I want or need babies on the show, just saying story wise.
Agreed. Seriously, what we've received from WestAllen the first couple of episodes we have wanted for seasons now. We finally received it. Do you think Iris will get pregnant before the season concludes?
Old 10-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Agreed. Seriously, what we've received from WestAllen the first couple of episodes we have wanted for seasons now. We finally received it. Do you think Iris will get pregnant before the season concludes?
Seriously! Although, I am in the minority, in that I loved seeing them as parents to an adult. What other show could pull that off and it works, story wise. Usually if we see a main couple get married and have a kid on tv, it's a baby. So there isn't too much in the terms of parenting that the audience gets to witness. It's the same old, same old. No sleep, diapers, baby monitor, so we don't see the baby, blah, blah, blah. I'm not trying to sound like a hater, if we get a baby, I am sure I will like it. But to me, Nora was a gift. I would think, in the final season we will see them get pregnant. So they don't have to have a baby on a superhero show.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Seriously! Although, I am in the minority, in that I loved seeing them as parents to an adult. What other show could pull that off and it works, story wise. Usually if we see a main couple get married and have a kid on tv, it's a baby. So there isn't too much in the terms of parenting that the audience gets to witness. It's the same old, same old. No sleep, diapers, baby monitor, so we don't see the baby, blah, blah, blah. I'm not trying to sound like a hater, if we get a baby, I am sure I will like it. But to me, Nora was a gift. I would think, in the final season we will see them get pregnant. So they don't have to have a baby on a superhero show.
If you’re in the minority then so am I. LOL. I was gutted when Nora was erased from the timeline. It was heartbreaking. I also enjoyed seeing them as parents to Nora. I didn’t want it to end. I’m still hoping somehow adult Nora appears again. Yes, totally agree, the final season will be when the pregnancy transpires.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I didn't mind seeing them with an older daughter. I just found Nora annoying. But,I've never been dissatisfied with WestAllen's story just the other stuff.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread