Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Well, the content of Riverdale will keep it from ever really being taken seriously in awards season. A lot of the 'twists' seem like the writers all got high and broke out the Mad Libs, and that never translates to accolades. It can make for fun viewing, but it doesn't make for critical acclaim.
That's an excellent point, plus I think that the critics and award givers tend to ignore shows from The CW.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-01-2019, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Well, the content of Riverdale will keep it from ever really being taken seriously in awards season. A lot of the 'twists' seem like the writers all got high and broke out the Mad Libs, and that never translates to accolades. It can make for fun viewing, but it doesn't make for critical acclaim.
Ha I know, but I also tend to hate most of the stuff that get accolades. I watched the entirety of GOT and while it was fun, it was entirely overrated.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's an excellent point, plus I think that the critics and award givers tend to ignore shows from The CW.
Just like the Emmys ignored Emily VanCamp on the WB.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Ha I know, but I also tend to hate most of the stuff that get accolades. I watched the entirety of GOT and while it was fun, it was entirely overrated.
So glad I never watched that show. Admittedly, given everyone drooling over the show before the series finale I thought I was missing out. Then the series finale transpired and wow, what a disaster. Yes, I think people are looking back now and realizing overall it was overrated like you said.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Just like the Emmys ignored Emily VanCamp on the WB.
That's so true.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-01-2019, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
So glad I never watched that show. Admittedly, given everyone drooling over the show before the series finale I thought I was missing out. Then the series finale transpired and wow, what a disaster. Yes, I think people are looking back now and realizing overall it was overrated like you said.
The books were decent. I didn't have that much of a problem with the finale because I kinda saw it coming even though it was extremely rushed. My issue was about the layers of misogyny and anti-brown people layered within the text. I also found the character everyone loved so much to be so overrated.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah. Me too. The easiest way to get me not to watch something is to talk about how critically acclaimed it is.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's so true.
What a shame. Given Emily's constant work post-Everwood, thankfully there's people with a brain who know what a gem she is.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The books were decent. I didn't have that much of a problem with the finale because I kinda saw it coming even though it was extremely rushed. My issue was about the layers of misogyny and anti-brown people layered within the text. I also found the character everyone loved so much to be so overrated.
Gross. Guaranteed I wouldn't have been happy either. Which character?
Old 06-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Jungle Comics #1 by Dave Dorman

Old 06-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Double Post

Last edited by The Crow; 06-01-2019 at 07:56 AM
Old 06-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Gross. Guaranteed I wouldn't have been happy either. Which character?
Daenyrs. I wasn't her biggest fan, but I blame that totally on the actress because I found myself rooting for her in the books.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'm the opposite. In the books, I was ambivalent about her. In the show, I liked her a lot for the first 5 seasons or so.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I'm the opposite. In the books, I was ambivalent about her. In the show, I liked her a lot for the first 5 seasons or so.
I just was expecting to like Jony and Dan in the show and I found myself bored out of my mind with them. I prefered Arya and Sansa.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Nice Cover. Makes me want to watch Jurassic Park.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread