Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Basically it's the X-men without any of the big names. The Struckers share a surname with a major X-men character, but they are all original characters for the show. Pretty much every other character has a comic book counterpart.
That sounds really interesting.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Teresa and I finally saw Solo - A Star Wars Story today and I thought it was okay and it had a lot of action, but the actors who played Han and Lando didn't have the charisma or charm that Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams had, and I felt that the movie didn't really have a cohesive plot and it ran a little too long. It was "watchable" as my late father used to say, but it wasn't as good as most of the other Star Wars movies with the exception of the Prequel Trilogy movies, which it was superior to.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Really? That's awesome!
Yes it is
Old 11-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I finished Desperate Housewives and actually cried over it. One of the very few shows created that made me feel this way. It was a really wonderful show that I wish I started sooner.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Teresa and I finally saw Solo - A Star Wars Story today and I thought it was okay and it had a lot of action, but the actors who played Han and Lando didn't have the charisma or charm that Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams had, and I felt that the movie didn't really have a cohesive plot and it ran a little too long. It was "watchable" as my late father used to say, but it wasn't as good as most of the other Star Wars movies with the exception of the Prequel Trilogy movies, which it was superior to.
What would you rank it out of ten?
Old 11-04-2018, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
I finished Desperate Housewives and actually cried over it. One of the very few shows created that made me feel this way. It was a really wonderful show that I wish I started sooner.
That's great, glad you enjoyed it.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The 50 Best TV Shows Ever
Old 11-04-2018, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Best and Worst TV Finales of All Time
Old 11-04-2018, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the links!

Strongly agree or disagree with any?
Old 11-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Regarding best shows...

There’s so many I’ve never seen... it’s hard to comment...

However, three things come to mind...

1. If Everwood would have been on ANY other network, it’d make every list of best TV shows.

2. M*A*S*H is one of the greatest shows of all time (especially during the time period of when it aired). It shouldn’t be so low.

3. Classics like The Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy are missing. Just no. Lol.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I find it so weird that gg is lumped in with these quality shows. It was a trash teensoap. Lower your expectations guys.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I find it so weird that gg is lumped in with these quality shows. It was a trash teensoap. Lower your expectations guys.
So true, lol.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
So true, lol.
I don’t understand why a lot of a wb shows are ignored. I still believe everwood/felicity/Buffy/Veronica Mars were the best from cw/wb
Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don’t understand why a lot of a wb shows are ignored. I still believe everwood/felicity/Buffy/Veronica Mars were the best from cw/wb
Agreed. I don't get it either. I guess the WB and eventually, CW, were/are never taken seriously. You are right... those four shows were phenomenal and basically Buffy (and to a lesser extent, Veronica Mars) are only recognized from time to time. Everwood and Felicity, forget about it. It's ridiculous.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I liked it more than the regular Star Wars fanboys and fangirls did, and it seems you agree. I agree that neither Han Solo or Lando had anything close to the presence that the original actors had, and as much as I like Emilia Clarke as Qi'ra, none of the characters introduced in Solo will linger in my mind as a beloved character. Rogue One was definitely a much better extended universe entry.