Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2018, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
All new tomorrow. Hope we enjoy this one more.
That would be nice
Old 07-16-2018, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That would be nice
Definitely.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Definitely.
Yep
Old 07-16-2018, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ Nice Cover. What is the story behind it?
Not sure. When I was a kid, one of the cool things about Wolverine was that he was a mystery. No one knew where he came from or how old he was, or even what his real name was...not even him. In the 2000's, Marvel put out this mini-series that finally answered all those questions. I don't know how Emma Frost tied in because I've never read it.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Not sure. When I was a kid, one of the cool things about Wolverine was that he was a mystery. No one knew where he came from or how old he was, or even what his real name was...not even him. In the 2000's, Marvel put out this mini-series that finally answered all those questions. I don't know how Emma Frost tied in because I've never read it.
That is really interesting. I can see why the mystery of Wolverine was so effective.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Uncanny X-men #290 by Whilce Portacio

When I was a kid, Spider-man was my favorite character, but my favorite comic was Uncanny X-men. I always liked the covers, but this is the first one that I just drew me in and made me just stare at it in appreciation.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ Really interesting Cover! Yes this Cover is one you cannot look at for just a second. What’s the story behind the character?
Old 07-16-2018, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

She was introduced in Giant Sized X-men #1. She's a mutant who can control the weather. She has severe claustrophobia stemming from the incident that killed her family. She was a pickpocket when Professor X found her and convinced her to join the X-men. She has led the X-men several times, and she was the first major female hero of African descent to play a significant role at Marvel...and maybe the first one in comics as a whole. She was married to Black Panther for a time, but they have since divorced.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
She was introduced in Giant Sized X-men #1. She's a mutant who can control the weather. She has severe claustrophobia stemming from the incident that killed her family. She was a pickpocket when Professor X found her and convinced her to join the X-men. She has led the X-men several times, and she was the first major female hero of African descent to play a significant role at Marvel...and maybe the first one in comics as a whole. She was married to Black Panther for a time, but they have since divorced.
I love the backstory. How does she control the weather? Any other powers even if, of course, controlling the weather is a pretty big one. LOL
Old 07-16-2018, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

As with any mutant power, it is a mystery how it works. She is supposedly from a line of weather witches though. I think I read that somewhere.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Interesting. I'll have to look up Weather Witches.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh okay. Looking forward to your thoughts even if they are 1-2 lines. What you say is too good.
You're not going to like my 1-2 lines.

No gore?

Seriously...my best solution for these people is to allow Earth to implode. I honestly see no hope for these people and find myself not caring for any side. Well...perhaps I'm still rooting for Raven. She is the only character who has never pissed me off and has stayed true to her good self!

I know we're going to find out how Indra made Octavia what she has become during that fateful year, but I cannot see myself falling for this woman again. I just can't forget this.

Abby has become a weak/ despicable addict who has lost all of my respect.

Clarke and her over the top protective motherly interests are becoming ridiculous!

As far as the other characters are concerned? I can't tell the difference beween the good guys and the bad guys! Who to root for? I have no clue.

Sorry...I'm trying, but it's just not working!
Old 07-16-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You're not going to like my 1-2 lines.

No gore?

Seriously...my best solution for these people is to allow Earth to implode. I honestly see no hope for these people and find myself not caring for any side. Well...perhaps I'm still rooting for Raven. She is the only character who has never pissed me off and has stayed true to her good self!

I know we're going to find out how Indra made Octavia what she has become during that fateful year, but I cannot see myself falling for this woman again. I just can't forget this.

Abby has become a weak/ despicable addict who has lost all of my respect.

Clarke and her over the top protective motherly interests are becoming ridiculous!

As far as the other characters are concerned? I can't tell the difference beween the good guys and the bad guys! Who to root for? I have no clue.

Sorry...I'm trying, but it's just not working!
Tons of thoughts, I love it!

Honestly? What you're saying about this episode is basically the norm, what the vast majority of people are saying. You are definitely in sync with the majority. I was curious what you thought about Clarke in particular. I was wondering if you sided with her since she's in mother-mode or you felt it has become over the top.

This episode definitely was very WTF in many ways and brought out some frustration within the fandom. We only have 4 episodes left of the season. Hoping the last four make more sense or at least allow us not to want to scream.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Tons of thoughts, I love it!

Honestly? What you're saying about this episode is basically the norm, what the vast majority of people are saying. You are definitely in sync with the majority. I was curious what you thought about Clarke in particular. I was wondering if you sided with her since she's in mother-mode or you felt it has become over the top.

This episode definitely was very WTF in many ways and brought out some frustration within the fandom. We only have 4 episodes left of the season. Hoping the last four make more sense or at least allow us not to want to scream.
I'm glad I'm in good company.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'm glad I'm in good company.
You definitely are.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread