Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
DC has characters that I find interesting, like Zatanna, but they are all secondary characters. I've never really been that interested in their big hitters like Green Lantern, Superman, The Flash, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.

The last comic from DC I bought regularly was Gotham Sirens, and it was about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.
Do you find that diehard Comic fans prefer either DC or Marvel or do some like both?
Old 05-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

There are those that like both, but the majority of the fans I interact with are either diehard DC or Marvel fans.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
There are those that like both, but the majority of the fans I interact with are either diehard DC or Marvel fans.
That's what I figured.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl 3.19 The Fanatical

I loved this episode. I mentioned before that James was the MVP. Later I found out that James’ story about being handcuffed at 7 years old was based on a true story as a similar incident in Mehcad’s life transpired. You could feel the powerful emotions involved in that scene. Both Mehcad and Katie sold it naturally beautifully.

I liked the heavy interaction between James and Kara. I love how their friendship seems to be back on track. I missed these heart to hearts between them. Glad they are back.

I guess James keeps his Guardian suit in Cat's elevator at Catco. I was glad James wasn't forced to out himself as Guardian just yet. I want him to do it when he feels the time is right, when he is ready to go there.

M’yrnn is so confused and it's such a sad storyline. I did love the bonding moment between Ruby and M’yrnn. I love that it was this moment that helped Ruby deal with the Reign/Sam situation. Alex tried but Ruby was pissed at her initially for not opening up so Alex wasn't going to get through to her. I love how this was like real life... sometimes you meet someone instantly and immediately they are the one that helps you with a significant painful situation in your life indirectly. That is precisely what the Ruby and M’yrnn was all about.

I thought M’yrnn’ was thousands of years old and J’onn is hundreds of years old? I could be remembering this incorrectly.

Winn still continues being a genius. Liked that Winn and Lena worked together too.

Mon-El being the geeky nerd had me laughing.

Reign is becoming immune. Better hurry up.

I am getting nervous over what is going on between Lena/Kara/Supergirl. Are they setting up some big reveal which will devastate Lena and she'll go all mad scientist crazy? I really, really hope not but we are literally being smacked with moments where Lena talks about trust, betrayal, making it clear indirectly if someone like Kara were to ever betray her it would be devastating. I don't want to think about what will happen when she finds out. Also... James is talking about honesty and all of that but what is Lena going to do when she finds out James has known all along that Supergirl = Kara? She's going to feel betrayal and he's going to be in the doghouse too or even worse.

Covill is back... return to PLL, please.

I sound like a broken record but this series is ON ever since returning from the mini-break. 4 episodes left of the season!
Old 05-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I like it. It gets a little cluttered audibly when they play multiple sound clips and the song at the same time, but overall it is good.
Fair enough
Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We Are The Flash 4.23 Season Finale

Nora, future daughter of WestAllen, messing with Time like her father, wearing mom’s jacket.

Ralph is alive, WTF!!!! Okay that spoiler/interview was manipulative!

Marlize really helped save the day but man she got away with some crimes and was able to walk away. Oh well, she’ll do good now, she was badly influenced by her late creature of a husband.

... you know what... I’m just going to post thoughts ITA with so I don’t have to write something long for a change, lol...

Completely agree with these thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- Yay, Barry’s getting his job back thanks to Iris’ blog posts. Also - it’s good to see Captain Singh again.

- Marlize: You could bring a Legion of your friends and it wouldn’t help
Me: Brainiac-5 could probably out-think DeVoe… just sayin'

- Did Cecile tap into Killer Frost when she touched Caitlin?

- The Cisco/Wells “help” scene was so sad.

- Was Harry writing speedforce language? If only there was a new character coming in that could understand that...

- There’s a serious downpour going on in DeVoe’s mind. Yikes.

- DeVoe: There will be no defeating the big bad this year Mr. Allen
Me: Well, that was kind of meta of you, show.

- Ralph: Fill your mind with something you love
Barry:: It’s you and me, Iris **eyes glow with speedforce energy**

Gold standard right there, folks!

- So… they defeated DeVoe because of their emotional attachment to Ralph? Really, show? REALLY?

I admit, I was being sarcastic before when I called Ralph AJK’s self-insert, but now I have no doubt he actually was… and considering AJK had already planned the season from beginning to end around Ralph’s story arc, the new showrunners couldn’t really re-write it at the last minute.

Oh well…

- Oh look, Wally DOES answer his family's phone calls

- Awww, Mystery girl Nora just saved Barry her dad!

- I’m glad Marlize is on the path to redemption. Hopefully we can see her again.

- Harry’s leaving once more. So what version of Harry will we get in Season 5? Can we replace him with Marlize instead?

- Nora Allen: This house is bitchin’!

I KNEW she’d be the one to say it! And I love that her mom passed down that awesome jacket to her.

- At least this season didn’t end with Barry disappearing like the last 3 seasons.

- Nora: I think I've made a really big mistake
Me: Awww, she takes after her dad...

- Nora (Dawn?) Allen, welcome to the show!

I can’t wait to see how this story unfolds in Season 5, especially watching Barry and Iris deal with their future baby girl
Lastly... I LOVE how this season ended on an overall light note instead of dark drama.

I can’t wait for season 5!!!!!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I will watch the episode later
Old 05-23-2018, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
^ I will watch the episode later
Hope you like/liked it!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
What we've suspected from day 1 has finally been confirmed and I couldn't be happier. Their daughter Nora West-Allen is here.

x

Iris is like huh while Barry looks amused
So freaken stoked for this storyline next season!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Octavia and Clarke looking at Becho:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
The looks at the very end were interesting. Clarke's "I'm not paying attention to this I am just here for my child" and Octavia's "I'm so gonna put my sword through Echo"
Couldn't agree more.

The assumption is you're a Bellarke fan, automatically you'd hate Becho... umm, no, I just hate Echo. I don't remotely trust her given last year.

Octavia had every right to give her the Death Stare.

Clarke's stare was a bit different though.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

I was disappointed in The Flash finale because it was boring.

I also didn't like the Ralph twist. I have nothing against him, but the fact that he was 'alive' inside DeVoe's mind is stupid. He took over everyone else's body just fine, but he had to keep Ralph around to control his body? Lame. As a whole, The Thinker has been one big snooze of a villain, so I guess it's fitting that his defeat is such a snooze.

Also, we got the plot twist the entire fandom has seen coming finally. Hopefully it will make for a much better and interesting season next year.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Batgirl #23 by Joshua Middleton

Old 05-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ I love that so much. Love the eyes and facial expression in general. The color combination is visually stunning.

Is that Barbara Gordon?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I was disappointed in The Flash finale because it was boring.

I also didn't like the Ralph twist. I have nothing against him, but the fact that he was 'alive' inside DeVoe's mind is stupid. He took over everyone else's body just fine, but he had to keep Ralph around to control his body? Lame. As a whole, The Thinker has been one big snooze of a villain, so I guess it's fitting that his defeat is such a snooze.

Also, we got the plot twist the entire fandom has seen coming finally. Hopefully it will make for a much better and interesting season next year.
I wasn't bored but mostly because I was so excited for the mystery girl reveal. However, when you put it all together, it certainly wasn't the best season finale The Flash has ever created. I did like that we didn't receive some ridiculous darkness at the end and it was relatively hopeful instead. Last year's finale was so morbid so I welcome the happiness at the end, like Barry freaking out about Iris getting pregnant in the near future, lol, followed by Nora showing up, haha.

The Thinker stuff was a letdown, most definitely. I guess I expected a little more. The Harry stuff had a nice ending (loved the hug, don't care how cheesy it looked) but we know we'll have a different version of Harry returning for next season.

Ralph twist was stupid. I read an interview that stated Ralph was really dead and not returning. It was supposedly from a higher up too so I don't understand this return at all. Oh well, I guess that's proof you cannot believe what you hear even if supposedly it was right in front of your face. I guess the good news is this version of Ralph seemed less annoying and immature. Maybe he will be more serious and way in the background in season 5. He better be. Get him together with Sue and put him into way secondary status.

Loved seeing Wally return. I wish he returned permanently and Ralph stayed dead.

Nora reveal was fun. The casting of the actress was a perfect match in looks and personality of Barry/Iris. What a great match. This should be fun. No idea what she did to the Timeline/Future/Present but we should assume it's serious based on her reaction and the blood she shares with at times, her idiotic father.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-23-2018 at 12:14 PM
Old 05-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I looked up the actress playing Nora West-Allen and discovered that she is a year older than Candice. How wild is that? Her daughter is older than her?

I also discovered that Candice is from Plano, TX and attended SMU in Dallas. She is two years younger than my sister, who also attended SMU, so that means that she went to school at the same time. Hell, it's possible (not probable though), that they had some of the same classes.