Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OT2 Thread #118: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (TV Shows, Movies, Music)

Welcome to OT2 Thread #118!

This is the second OT thread that focuses on shows, movies, music we love since Everwood ended.

This thread is about discussing shows, movies, and music. Bring over your opinions on latest episodes, discuss characters and storylines, movies you're watching, music you're listening to.

Shows Everwood members watch:

Michelle: Stranger Things, Chesapeake Shores, Supergirl, The Flash, Riverdale, The 100, The Resident

Betty: (past and present)
Past: ( Everwood, Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, OTH, Parenthood) Present: Pretty Little Liars, Blue Bloods, The Blacklist, Supergirl, The 100, Grace & Frankie, Chesapeake Shores, Graham Norton Show, This Is Us, The Resident

Ashley (AppleBehry22):
Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Nip/Tuck, Roswell, Reba, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Lost

dawnie@:
Gilmore Girls, Lost, One Tree Hill, 24 ,Hell's Kitchen2

Alan (The Crow):
Once Upon a Time, Elementary, NCIS: LA, Scorpion, Gotham, Lucifer, Supergirl, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Flash, Modern Family, blackish, Blindspot, Chicago PD, Lethal Weapon, Arrow, The 100, Rosewood, Pitch, Superstore, The Good Place, The Blacklist, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, Teen Wolf, Scream, Grimm, Baby Daddy, Stitchers, The Good Witch, Chesapeake Shores, Wynonna Earp, Mr Robot, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, The Originals, iZombie, Riverdale, APB

Coffee:
Watch: Prison Break, Supernatural, House, Gilmore Girls
Want to watch but always miss it: Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars
Future Shows, I'm planning on watching: Jericho, Heroes..

own worst enemy:
Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, True Blood, Dexter, Weeds, Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, 90210, Smallville, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, The Hills, My Life on the D List, American Idol, Dollhouse, Mad Men, Nip/Tuck, Fringe
New shows: Melrose Place, The Beautiful Life, The Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward, Bored to Death, Glee

MrsBrown: The Office, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Brothers and Sisters, Battlestar Galactica

ShadowMagist: How I Met Your Mother, Greek, Smallville, Supernatural, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Glee, Vampire Diaries, It's Always Raining In Philadelphia.

Shelby (Cowgirl08): Chuck, Friday Night Lights, 90210, One Tree Hill, Greek, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Make it or Break it, White Collar

Rolfi Cole: Outsourced, Modern Family, Castle, Chuck, Psych, The Mentalist, TVD, Community, House, Ghost Whisperer, Smallville, Supernatural

ForVanAngel: LOST, Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, Everwood, Friday Night Lights, The Wire, Dexter, Dawson’s Creek, Roswell, Seinfeld, Malcolm In The Middle, Scrubs, Breaking Bad, Parenthood, Home Improvement, Rescue Me, Mad Men, My So-Called Life, Parks and Recreation, Brothers & Sisters, Switched At Birth, Eli Stone, American Dreams, Community, Skins UK, The Big Bang Theory, One Tree Hill, The Shield, Alias, Freaks and Geeks, Party Of Five, Ally McBeal, Death Note, Lizzie McGuire, That ‘70s Show, The Middle, The L.A. Complex, The Hour, The Wonder Years, Wilfred US.

Blue Valentine: Modern family, Brothers and Sisters, Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Nikita, One Tree Hill,
Favorite Shows: Everwood, Joan Of Arcadia.

Patricia: Law & Order: SVU, Nashville, Supernatural, One Tree Hill, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, Bones, Chasing Life, Castle, Pretty Little Liars, How To Get Away With Murder, Extreme Weight Loss, Girl Meets World, Grey's Anatomy, Wahlburgers.

LemonyPie: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Frasier, Dawson's Creek, Revenge, Suburgatory, Hart of Dixie, The Middle, Modern Family, Dancing with the Stars, Community, Dexter, Against the Wall

Shu/ds44: Suits, Flash, Pitch, Chesapeake Shores, Empire, This is Us, Animal Kingdom, Queen Sugar, JTV, The Originals, Riverdale

Louisa C: Watched in full or almost: The OC, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, Monk, Medium, Parenthood, The Big Bang Theory, Everwood, Being Erica, Grey's Anatomy, Castle...

Purchased, but not yet started or only a few episodes/1st Season watched: Friday Night Lights, Drop Dead Diva, The Closer, Gossip Girl, Once Upon A Time, The Killing, New Girl, My Name Is Earl, Fame, Parks & Recreation, In Treatment, Damages, The Good Wife, Fringe, White Collar, How I met Your Mother, Dexter, Game Of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, Smash, Lie To Me, Dawson's Creek, The Mentalist...

Jamie: Present: New Girl,Chicago PD, Suits, Better Call Saul, Scandal, Awkward, Undateable, Girls Past: (in addition to our Everwood of course), Breaking Bad, Revenge, Parenthood
One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Dawson's Creek, The Office, The O.C., Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 05-09-2018 at 02:43 PM
Old 05-09-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Precisely. I guess we'll see. I will bet news will happen within the next day or two. Some are stressing that they didn't announce it along with The 100 but I think you can see the other side and say if they were going to cancel they would have immediately gone there like they did with Hale's show.
I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed until we hear one way or another.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed until we hear one way or another.
Good thinking.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I'm liking it so far. My friend Robert doesn't like it as much with the zombies being 'out' so to speak, but I think it adds an interesting dynamic to the show.
I'm liking that too, since I felt it was starting to get boring with them trying to hide zombies from the general public.
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Good thinking.
I think so too
Old 05-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In response to your question on the last thread.....

The 100

I am up to date with the show. I am happy (for you) that the show has been renewed!
Old 05-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I saw.

Supergirl 3.17 - "Trinity"

Another excellent episode. These last episodes have been amazing.

- How does Lena not know that Kara = Supergirl yet? It's crazy. Especially since now she knows Supergirl works with Alex, Kara's sister! Not to mention how much Supergirl looks like Kara. LOL

- I love how much more James is on the screen now. It's awesome. Love when Kara asked him to check on Lena's situation. I love the James and Winn friendship, and I LOVE James and Lena. Their last scene was wonderful!

- Mon-El clearly still loves Kara and doesn't want to hurt his wife. Not sure how this is going to end...
Spoiler:

- Winn made Alex a new suit! I loved Alex's response. She was so excited and Kara loved it too! Winn, you are so sweet.

- I adore Brainiac-5... I need Brainy to stay and not go back to the Future, please, and thanks. I love him. The actor is adorable and he fits right in with the DEO. Keep him, then let's get some comic canon and hook up Brainy and Kara.

- I understand why people were upset over Lena working on Sam for 3 weeks without telling anyone but I kind of wish it would be acknowledged that at least she figured out the mystery! Alex is brilliant and didn't make the Sam/Reign connection but Lena did and I believe with more time, Lena would have saved Sam and maybe the world on her own.

- The actress who plays Sam was SO GOOD when Sam was losing her memories and she was panicking. That was some amazing acting on her part. I hope Sam and Ruby (where is Ruby right now?) reunite and soon.

- Why did Kara say they saved Julia? Julia died.

- So the two World Killers are dead... I assume their energy/powers will be absorbed into Reign, making her even more powerful.

- Twist... Lena can make kryptonite... foreshadowing somehow?

- I love this show!
Old 05-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
In response to your question on the last thread.....

The 100

I am up to date with the show. I am happy (for you) that the show has been renewed!
What do you think of Season 5 so far?
Old 05-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

THIS is why I watch The 100 before anything else... well, there's so many reasons but these two are at the top of the list:

Quote:
I love Bellamy and Clarke’s relationship.

There has been a weird mood in fandom over the past few weeks (months, years); a frustration with a perceived idea that Bellamy and Clarke’s relationship, and the significance of it, has been downplayed in the conversation surrounding the show to the point where it is almost ‘taboo’ to talk about or celebrate how great it is.

And I do agree that it is sometimes difficult to talk about Clarke and Bellamy’s relationship; as long as Bellarke is a ‘Schrödinger’s ship’ (neither confirmed nor denied), there is a fundamental ambiguity that I personally am not keen to attempt to define one way or another until/unless the story does.

But that does not mean it is not amazing. Whatever this relationship means to the individual viewer, and however it is discussed extra-textually, it is safe to say that within the actual narrative, Bellamy and Clarke mean a hell of a lot to each other. This relationship is at the heart of the show, as Jason Rothenberg has confirmed and reaffirmed many times over.

Bellamy and Clarke are in so many ways two halves of one whole, and the show is always at its best and most hopeful when these two characters are in the same space, working towards the same goal. And The 100 has always used the status of their relationship to set the general mood of the narrative: when they are at odds, everything falls apart around them; when they are in sync and unity, good things can happen.

Of course they are not the only constellation of characters that can impact the story, but as they are also the series’ two leads, the way they play together obviously has a larger ripple effect on the narrative than, say, Murphy and Emori or Octavia and Kane. And exactly for this reason, The 100 has to push and pull the Bellamy-Clarke dynamic all the time; they are an anchor point from which both tension and resolution can spring, and both need to be doled out in careful doses.

Speaking only about how it stands right now, Bellamy and Clarke’s relationship is one of the most well-developed and evocative relationships I’ve ever seen on television, and the writers and actors should take pride in having developed it with such remarkable thought and care, committing fully to the sheer depth of emotion between them.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-09-2018 at 04:53 PM
Old 05-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

I loved that
Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
THIS is why I watch The 100 before anything else... well, there's so many reasons but these two are at the top of the list:

I completely agree with that post.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread