Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thought so.
I love how they say "Chesapeake Shores... " Damn straight! We better find out about the new season renewal soon!

Recording set.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash Don't Run 4.09

So... Oliver/Felicity RSVPd late, interrupted WestAllen's second wedding, and were careless enough not to check the wedding registry.

Iris deserves to be bitter and pissed about this.

Excellent episode. A+

- I had a strong feeling that Amunet and DeVoe were working together. Barry and Caitlin captured at the same time was far too coincidental. What I didn't count on or remotely predict was the twist involving Dominic. My jaw was on the floor.

- Wally could have been highly useful since we had both Caitlin and Barry to rescue. Iris was amazing picking Caitlin. Of course she would. She knows her husband is strong and capable and he was just that... Barry figured out how to get out of that mess!

- I KNEW Barry grabbing that knife was a nightmare twist... but I thought Iris grabbed the knife too.

- The minute DeVoe started to go to the police, I had a feeling DeVoe was going to frame Barry for his murder. However, DeVoe was in Barry's house... the police should question why he was in the WestAllen house when he had a restraining order against Barry in the first place. There are ways to explain how Barry didn't get his hands dirty. I think there's two sets of prints on the knife. No blood on Barry at all. Wouldn't the security company have recorded when WestAllen left their place? Why The Thinker was in Barry's house to begin with should be key too.

- Scary thought though... The Thinker is not only brilliant but I assume he's now a Mind Reader too.

- The comics... "The Trial of the Flash" from Season 1 is happening... there was actually one of many Speed Force visions showing this. Damn you, Berlanti, you are so talented when you plan in advance and everything plays off of each other. Nice work.

Extras:

- Cisco was hilarious. Love the Gypsy stuff.

- HR and Cisco, their banter is awesome.

- Love the continued talk about Killer Frost/Caitlin.

- Ralph was pretty good in this one, he was less annoying. I hope that continues. I can't wait until he finally meets his comic romantic partner.

Great mid-season finale!

Last edited by jediwands; 12-11-2017 at 05:17 PM
Old 12-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
LOL Right! He went there looking for Peyton the first time too.
Yep, he was hiding behind Brooke like he always does
Old 12-12-2017, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep, he was hiding behind Brooke like he always does
Exactly.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Everything Lucas pretty much did in this area of his life was about Peyton. Even Lindsey and that fiasco was about running from Peyton. He didn't want Brooke in season 1. He was snowed into thinking he wanted her at the end of season 2. He gets her and their second time around is as big of a disaster (since it showed he still wanted Peyton) as the first time around. His journey was about getting that happy ending with Peyton and any temporary stopovers with Brooke and Lindsey weren't even real. He entered this alternative reality trying to make them real but failed miserably. His realness, his truth was all about Peyton.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

They are just so cute. Their smiles alone show their connection and their cute touches. They are a lot like Ephram/Amy. The smiles, looks, gentle touches are so romantic and mean everything. I don't know if this is the actors or characters but doesn't matter to me, lol. There's tons of chemistry because the actors know how to portrayal a great dynamic on the screen.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

A New Harry Potter Game Will Let Us Live Out Our Hogwarts Dreams in 2018
Old 12-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Bah Humbug! lol
I have been watching Hallmark Christmas movies non-stop since Thanksgiving.
Right there with you. I've been watching/dvring movies on Hallmark, Lifetime, and the Ion Channel. I have a Netflix one to watch as well.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Everything Lucas pretty much did in this area of his life was about Peyton. Even Lindsey and that fiasco was about running from Peyton. He didn't want Brooke in season 1. He was snowed into thinking he wanted her at the end of season 2. He gets her and their second time around is as big of a disaster (since it showed he still wanted Peyton) as the first time around. His journey was about getting that happy ending with Peyton and any temporary stopovers with Brooke and Lindsey weren't even real. He entered this alternative reality trying to make them real but failed miserably. His realness, his truth was all about Peyton.
It really was, Luke was an mess when he wasn't with Peyton.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Michelle, have you seen these? If not, it seems like they'd be right up your alley.

https://bookriot.com/2017/09/14/harr...ated-editions/
Old 12-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It really was, Luke was an mess when he wasn't with Peyton.
He was. He was never quite right when he wasn't with Peyton.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Michelle, have you seen these? If not, it seems like they'd be right up your alley.

https://bookriot.com/2017/09/14/harr...ated-editions/
I am aware of most of the things but not every illustration. I plan on purchasing all of the above, lol.

Thanks for the link, Alan!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Riverdale Possible Spoilers

I saw this on Previously TV and then a pretty reliable Twitter Source:

Spoiler:

My comments/speculation:

Spoiler:
Old 12-13-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Riverdale, Ships

When the series first got started in The Pilot, I totally fell for Betty/Archie. I wanted them to happen. But literally as soon as 1.2, I was reminded of what happens in the comics between Betty/Archie/Veronica.

Betty is always, always second to Veronica romantically in Archie's eyes. Archie, ultimately, always wants Veronica and it's very obvious Betty is his second choice. I HATED this but that's absolutely how the triangle rolls.

Thus, since I saw a version of that in early season 1 on the show... just no.

I think the showrunner is honoring the comics even if people think not because of the lack of Betty/Archie romantically.

Why?

1. In the comics, Archie's first choice is always Veronica. The showrunner on the show is making Archie/Veronica one of the two main pairings. That is comic canon since it's Archie's ideal choice.

2. Jughead is basically asexual in the comics BUT the one soft spot he has is for Betty... they have a very sweet dynamic in the comics. With Betty, Jughead makes an exception if you will.

Thus, putting Betty/Jughead together on the show is also following comic canon since Jughead adores Betty in the comics and singles her out even. Also, Betty gets to be with a guy who does treat her like she deserves to be treated, not as a second choice like Archie does in the comics.

The showrunner absolutely found a way to honor the comics and do so without making any of the main characters look weak or foolish. It's just perfect.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread