Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Veronica is her favorite character, but she likes Betty a lot too. She likes Veronica/Archie more than Bughead. She thinks Archie is hot. She thinks Cheryl is pretty but crazy. She thinks that the Black Hood storyline is creepy. After one of the episodes, I had to go turn on the light in the bathroom because she was afraid the Black Hood would get her.
So cute. The show definitely has its creepy moments. Actually, there is a creepy energy throughout most of the series. I have a feeling she's going to continue to need her awesome Uncle Alan around when she watches just in case the lights need turned on more.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

https://tvweb.com/sabrina-teenage-wi...t-why-netflix/
Old 12-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Riverdale 2.8: CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: HOUSE OF THE DEVIL

Okay so a few different plots in this one:

1. F.P.'s release from prison and welcome home/retirement party.
2. Archie's ILY to Veronica and her inability to say it back.
3. Betty/Jughead taking a Black Hood break so Archie/Veronica take over, exploring the Black Hood's possible relationship to the mysterious murder house where the Riverdale Reaper murdered 4 people.

So... F.P. is released due to either overcrowding or the horrible Penny Peabody getting him out. At any rate, he's out and really wants to go straight retiring from the gang and even in AA for his alcoholism. I honestly thought once F.P. was released, Jughead would leave the Serpents and things would be better. I cannot believe Penny used Jughead to pay off F.P.'s debts and wanted to keep hounding him. F.P. specifically told Jug not to interact with her ever again. I understand Jughead was scared his father was in danger due to Penny's lying but man he should have marched to the prison to see for himself while remembering what F.P. told him about staying away from Penny no matter what! What a horrible situation.

Now, F.P. finds out about Jughead trying to protect him while working with Penny. In Godfather-like fashion, F.P. tells Jughead he knows, decides to join the Serpents again, drinking alcohol as well in order to protect Jughead. So horrible. On top of it all, because Penny was trying to threaten Jughead, she brought up Betty, which caused Jughead to break up with Betty because he needs to protect her. Heartbreaking scene. Even Toni told Betty not to go there with the exotic dance (can't believe a high school girl went there) and of course it made the break up all the more likely when Jughead witnessed the dance. What a messy, emotionally heartbreaking situation. Skeet Ulrich was fantastic though... how good was he? He's so dang good looking coupled with the acting chops... he's captivating... F.P. telling Jughead he broke his heart. Oh Jug, how I wish you would have listened to your dad!

Which leads me to wondering what role F.P. will have back in the Serpents. Is the plan to stay until the debts with Penny are settled or will he go back ALL IN and never try to get out again? The Serpents are filling in the drug void left wide open by the Ghoulies... so how involved will F.P. be now? Scary situation.

I like Archie/Veronica... I really do. But sometimes their sex scenes are a bit too much. I find myself almost being uncomfortable. Maybe I am getting too old or something. I just feel like shouting to the screen "Enough" because the point was made a long time ago, lol. I much prefer the soft intimacy between Betty/Jughead... their touches are ultra romantic and meaningful by comparison.

Anyway, even with the tons of physical closeness between Archie/Veronica, I do like them. However, I figured the ILY Archie went with would rub Ronnie the wrong way. Look at her parents... of course that's why she's so scared of strong love and commitment. What's ironic is Veronica's parents are now okay with Archie being around due to the scary Black Hood sending the letter. The timing is awful of course. Really sad seeing Veronica leave the party after breaking up with Archie even if I do find it kind of realistic.

Before this time, the Archie/Veronica sleuthing was great. They accomplished a ton. I love how this show doesn't allow mysteries to linger... very quickly we figure out what the janitor is all about... Riverdale Reaper killed its victims and Mr. Svenson was a member of the slain family who escaped... he then got help from some of the townspeople to get revenge against the killer. Archie confirmed that Svenson is not the Black Hood, and Riverdale High's janitor can look forward to possibly getting screamed at again by Cheryl Blossom for interrupting her while she creeps up on Josie.

Speaking of Cheryl... I do not know what is going on with her. Is she romantically attracted to Josie? Is she exploring her sexuality in general? I have a feeling she's just exploring her sexuality in general and doesn't really like Josie specifically. Then again, she seemed kind of jealous when Josie talked about Reggie. Either way, she feels like she has a close bond with Josie, maybe because she helped save her from NYC rapist. Or she has some feelings for her. Josie looked confused for sure based on Cheryl's behavior. I have a feeling Cheryl and Toni will become an item soon. I like Toni so would be on board.

Okay, my take on the comic triangle that seems to be happening now:

1. I am actually shocked it took until mid-season 2 to show a hint of the triangle. Let's be realistic... anyone who started watching this show cannot be shocked or pissed it's heading there. Hello, Archie Comics. Come on. It shouldn't be shocking.

2. Early season 1 showed Betty with major feelings for Archie. She hurt so much. Sorry, but those feelings do not just go away. Does she love Jughead? Sure, but that doesn't mean her feelings for Archie automatically go away. That's not how it works.

3. We saw Archie initially jealous over Betty/Jughead too so there were signs with Archie too. I even thought there were signs early season 1 with Archie but he blocked them out.

4. The way early season 1 was constructed, there's no way Betty/Archie were not going to be explored on some level. Now, I do not believe anything significant will develop between them. I could be wrong.

5. What does bother me though and why I probably could never fully get on board with Archie/Betty is the pattern Archie continues to go with... he always has another girl lined up either while with someone else or shortly after breaking up. The timing sucks. He told his dad he's in love with Veronica. So why would he immediately be looking Betty's way? Give it some time, dude. Then there's Betty completely in love with Jughead... we see her looking back at Archie in the window. The timing is definitely quick. It bothers me less about Betty looking back because she doesn't have a pattern of constantly having someone else lined up but Archie does and that's a big thing that bugs me about Archie. I guess we'll see where this goes but I am not shocked it's happening because...

6. I predicted while waiting for season 2 to get started this is precisely how the triangle would develop... my theory was both pairings would be broken up and Archie and Betty would then explore their past romantic feelings that were buried away and based on what the VO said... the feelings were buried, still exist. This needs explored. I guess it's happening now.

Comic book inspiration by having Archie in a love triangle with B and V is now in play... I guess we will see how closely the comics are followed from this point forward.

Last thoughts:

- Once again, Alice Cooper knows how to make an entrance! Also... what is up with the continued sexual tension between F.P. and Alice? There were so many hints in this one indicating that they will be explored as they have some romantic feelings for each other. Is it possible they will be explored now while Bughead is broken up since it would be weird if they were still together? All I know is there's clear romantic past and present feelings between F.P. and Alice. We are being hit in the head with the hints.

- I was actually shocked the Serpents were okay with Archie up on stage singing since they are super pissed at him for calling the cops during the race with the Ghoulies as well as a few other interactions with him. So why are they welcoming him on stage? That didn't make a lick of sense.

- Shankshaw Prison, haha.

- "You want us to be you guys?" - Veronica, throwing some shade at Jughead and Betty.

- I read that one of the Riverdale Reapers victims was Margaret Conway. A Margie Conway was briefly featured in the MLJ title Top Notch Comics. I might have to study the Conways history in Archie books.

This show continues to interest me. I can’t believe some people are all about the shipping and so upset over the two mains breaking up, even threatening to drop the show. Obviously they aren't appreciating the other parts of the series that are great. That’s okay, but I could never watch and enjoy the series just because of shipping. I know the comics! The blinders on would prevent me from enjoying everything else and I’d be setting myself up for a fall. I love the series as a whole and almost two years into the series, I'm all in!

Last edited by jediwands; 12-07-2017 at 02:50 PM
Old 12-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Supergirl 3.9: REIGN

Quote:
I am definitely all for strong bonds with female characters but Kara and Sam already in best friends mode?
Don't like it.

Quote:
James and Lena kiss! That was sweet. It is official now! James has so much more to do this season, they've completely turned his character around and now Mehcad Brooks gets to make out with Katie McGrath. James is doing just fine, thank you very much, lol.
Love it!

Quote:
I also loved how James has a portable shield, too. That was sweet.
Some men carry Handkerchiefs for their woman....James carries a portable shield. Super sweet!
Quote:
So Kara's almost dead... I suppose this means Mon-El will revisit all his feelings for her. I like Imra but not sure I completely trust the entire situation.
I'd hate that. Go away Mon-El. Kara does not need to see you everyday...and have you and your wife force dialog on her. Just go away and leave her alone!
Quote:
Glad J'onn is teaching his dad all the important stuff about Earth and I adored the scene between the two and Winn. Star Wars... oh yes, he needs to get him to watch Star Wars, ASAP. Winn's Star Wars love makes me happy.
Adorable! Love the way his dad pronounces the words. lol

Quote:
So let me see... Alex broke off the engagement to Maggie because she wants children. Reign/Sam has a daughter named Ruby. Sam is turning more and more into Reign. When they showed up at the Christmas party, Ruby and Alex immediately interacted and bonded. In fact, Alex an encounter with her at the beginning of the season too. I think it's safe to say that if Sam never fully returns and Reign dies or goes away, Alex will be taking over as mother to Ruby.
Never thought of that!! Wow! What a super idea!!

Quote:
Loved seeing Coville/Chad Lowe again! Chad plays the part perfectly. I thought I'd have to give up seeing him on TV (for a while) after the conclusion of Pretty Little Liars. It's nice that he has a small part on Supergirl and shows up from time to time.
He is very weird, though.

Quote:
Like I mentioned, the ending was brutal. Is it just me or is anyone getting a bit drained from seeing Supergirl emotionally and physically beaten so often? I really hope that 3B will show Kara more kicka$$. Alex was right... she does need to always think like an alien when she's battling the bad guys. She's Supergirl. That said... where the heck was J'onn and Mon-El when Kara was getting practically destroyed by Reign?
How was Reign able to so brutally harm Kara? What happened to all of Kara's powers?
That was very tough to watch. Hated it!

I guess this is why. I don't fully understand Reign's character, so I looked her up:

Quote:
History

Reign is a Worldkiller, a biological weapon created on Krypton but eventually outlawed by the Kryptonian Science Council.

Reign and other four Worldkillers were created by Zor-El, who later came to regret his part in the creation of those blood-thirsty, super-powerful monsters. Reign and her partners survived Krypton, but her origin remained a mystery even to her. All she knew about herself is her name and her being Worldkiller, and Krypton and Earth hold the answers to her origin.

When she tried to get to Krypton she found out that it was dead. However, Reign found Supergirl and followed her back to the remains of Argo City, hoping to find anything about their origin. Reign faced and beat Supergirl down, but Kara Zor-El could not provide any answers, so Reign left Supergirl for dead and headed back to Earth to conquer the planet.

Her rampage through New York City was stopped by Supergirl's return to Earth. Reign thought Supergirl would join her, but the young Kryptonian refused to. Reign and three of her Worldkiller partners fought an exhausted Supergirl, but the young hero managed to hurt one of them. Unwilling to take the risk to lose one of her soldiers, Reign opted to retreat and leave Earth, vowing she would fight Supergirl again, and warning that she and her three partners are not the only Worldkillers.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 12-07-2017 at 06:27 PM
Old 12-08-2017, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

I like Archie/Veronica... I really do. But sometimes their sex scenes are a bit too much. I find myself almost being uncomfortable. Maybe I am getting too old or something. I just feel like shouting to the screen "Enough" because the point was made a long time ago, lol. I much prefer the soft intimacy between Betty/Jughead... their touches are ultra romantic and meaningful by comparison.
Yeah, me too and it seems like it's the only thing the writers can give them really. They are giving Brucas an run for their run when it comes to the amount of sex they had lol.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Wow, Michelle,what a review!

I'm going to watch the show tonight or tomorrow because I was busy last night. Thanks!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I knew the minute that they had Jughead kiss Toni and not tell Betty about it that they were going for a short term thing with Barchie. I am not really stressed cause they have already laid the foundation for who their core couples are. I guess 6 years of dealing with Gossip Girl and being an avid Soap watcher has prepared me for this. I don't know why people are so up in arms.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl 3.9: REIGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Some men carry Handkerchiefs for their woman....James carries a portable shield. Super sweet!
So true. My jaw was on the floor when the portable shield was whipped out. I couldn't believe he was so clever that Lena didn't even realize what was going on either. LOL

Quote:
I'd hate that. Go away Mon-El. Kara does not need to see you everyday...and have you and your wife force dialog on her. Just go away and leave her alone!
Exactly. It was so gross how Kara was forced to talk to his wife and based on what Mon-El said, he was aware of the conversation too. He should have told his wife not to talk to her, to do the exact opposite of what she did. It seems like not only did he not tell her that, but even encouraged the conversation.

Quote:
Adorable! Love the way his dad pronounces the words. lol
He thinks coffee is magical.

Quote:
Never thought of that!! Wow! What a super idea!!
I really think that's what's going to happen. Or at the very least, Alex will temporarily look after her. Then maybe she will adopt. Also, if Maggie ever returned, she'd walk right into Alex with a child too and would have to make a decision right then about the situation.

Quote:
He is very weird, though.
He's definitely strange. I think Kara realizes that he knows stuff about the future though after this situation. He mapped it out and it happened just like he said it would. He might be beneficial in the future if Kara needed to figure out upcoming disasters/events.

Quote:
How was Reign able to so brutally harm Kara? What happened to all of Kara's powers?
That was very tough to watch. Hated it!
Right?!?!?! I'm still trying to figure that out. Why was Kara bleeding? I thought she couldn't bleed? I have NO idea why she was ripped to shreds and all wounded like a human. Reign beat Kara so severely and it lasted forever! The fight scenes were well done but so uncomfortable to watch.

Quote:
I guess this is why. I don't fully understand Reign's character, so I looked her up:
Thank you!

Plus... Imra (Mon-El's wife) is also based on a comic character. This might give us a clue as to what is going on:

Here's two parts from Wiki:

Quote:
Imra Ardeen aka Saturn Girl is one of the most talented telepaths among a race of powerful mentalists, and founding member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
Quote:
I have peered into the minds of those that hold onto hate and I have seen the potential to change that. We can bring out the best in them, just like Superman brought out the best in us.
-- Saturn Girl
So she's actually not a villain. She's on the good side.

But notice she's a telepath... I have to wonder if she's using her telepathy with the situation. I will BET Imra and Mon-El came back at the precise time for a valid reason.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-08-2017 at 11:43 AM
Old 12-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, me too and it seems like it's the only thing the writers can give them really. They are giving Brucas an run for their run when it comes to the amount of sex they had lol.
They really are.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow, Michelle,what a review!

I'm going to watch the show tonight or tomorrow because I was busy last night. Thanks!
Thanks, Jerry! Looking forward to your thoughts.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I knew the minute that they had Jughead kiss Toni and not tell Betty about it that they were going for a short term thing with Barchie. I am not really stressed cause they have already laid the foundation for who their core couples are. I guess 6 years of dealing with Gossip Girl and being an avid Soap watcher has prepared me for this. I don't know why people are so up in arms.
I don't get it either. I don't understand why they are shocked in the least. Season 1 set up this Betty/Archie thing. It's not happening until mid-season 2. The core couples Betty/Jughead & Veronica/Archie are completely set up with a foundation. That is deliberate. I think there will be a few episodes of exploring Betty/Archie and then it will be tied up. My only concern is what it's going to do to the core four. Will Jughead and Veronica find out about Betty/Archie or will it be Betty/Archie exploring stuff privately? If they find out, how will it affect the Betty/Veronica and Archie/Jughead friendships in the future? That is my main concern.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't get it either. I don't understand why they are shocked in the least. Season 1 set up this Betty/Archie thing. It's not happening until mid-season 2. The core couples Betty/Jughead & Veronica/Archie are completely set up with a foundation. That is deliberate. I think there will be a few episodes of exploring Betty/Archie and then it will be tied up. My only concern is what it's going to do to the core four. Will Jughead and Veronica find out about Betty/Archie or will it be Betty/Archie exploring stuff privately? If they find out, how will it affect the Betty/Veronica and Archie/Jughead friendships in the future? That is my main concern.
Me too. They did such a good job with the core four friendship that I feel like it could really damage that foundation. I think it will hurt Jughead and Archie more because this was always Jughead's biggest fear and insecurity.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They really are.
And that's something
Old 12-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the writers handle Betty/Archie in the future episodes.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Luckily I watch Riverdale for the Betty/Veronica friendship, because I don't particularly care for Bughead or Varchie.

Well, that and to see if Cheryl has gone full-on crazy this week or not.