New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
M no. Even as a kid I knew that. I knew that I have some sort of basic talent for singing that could be developed into something not sucking if I have dedicated my time on it. I did not dedicate more time because I knew that I do not want to be singer. I love singing, but only the singing part. Not everything else that comes with this. I knew this when I was still 7/8 years old. So no I can't imagine it because I knew even as a kid that this is not for me. A lot of kids dream about being singers/actors/models but I have always dreamt to work in an office and be sort of office lady boss .
I was the same but with sports. I knew I was good at soccer and basketball very early on but never did I think I would play for a career. I remember when I was little someone asked me what I wanted to do for a living and I said I wanted to be a librarian... my thinking was a library was quiet, it was an independent sort of job and I loved to read so it would be perfect.

Quote:
Yes! I would have never wished this for myself . But then again most people in the public eye are Extroverts. Not all, but most of them are. Introverts like us do not crave the spotlight. We avoid it like the plague .
Exactly! So very true. I remember when I played my first soccer game under the lights at night in the stadium. I joked with a teammate that I wished we could play in the dark. I literally thought about this often... when I'd take the field I would remind myself I was playing because I loved the game, not for the audience and I would visually tune out the fans and just focus on the field only.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash: Luck Be A Lady 4.03

- Becky: I’m severely lactose intolerant.

^ I feel your pain even if I still continue to eat cheese (deleted milk) because it's too good.

- I could also relate to Becky believing the Universe was out to get her, lol. I thought I was the only one with such bad luck and then I meet Becky. Are we twins? Haha

- I actually liked her as a "villain" because I think she's going to end up being good again.

- The Thinker is so dang intellectual... is it bad I am amazed?

- Harry is back! I loved all the Harry/Cisco scenes. It seems like Harry now has a piece of HR inside of him. He seemed way more bumbling/eccentric than his usual. Glad he is staying. Jesse sucked basically kicking him off their Earth.

- Jesse, apparently, was on a role because she broke up with Wally using a breakup cube. That is low. Glad Wally went to her Earth for closure. Jesse, not cool at all.

- If Wally and Jesse are done does this leave room for Wally and Linda? Then again, Wally has to come back. I can't believe he's leaving. I know zero about this development, if the actor was leaving or if it's only short term for Wally. Hope it's short term.
Spoiler:

- Liked the Iris/Wally goodbye. It felt genuine.

- So we received the answer as to how new Metas got their powers... the big Speed Force explosion of course when Barry came back. Dang.

- The Barry/Iris scene at the church was hilarious. I love how Iris is so determined to marry Barry and Barry's comment about marrying her anywhere was adorable. I love when Iris blessed herself.

- Caitlin didn't have a ton to do minus group stuff but at least she wasn't battling her Killer Frost side.

- So that ending... Cecile is pregnant? I didn't see it coming... there is a saying... where there is a birth, there is a death. I hope her pregnancy isn't foreshadowing that she dies or even worse, Joe dies.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is old but I love how Candice always knew WestAllen was IT:

Present episode:

When she blesses herself I am just crying with laughter, that scene was so funny.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I was the same but with sports. I knew I was good at soccer and basketball very early on but never did I think I would play for a career. I remember when I was little someone asked me what I wanted to do for a living and I said I wanted to be a librarian... my thinking was a library was quiet, it was an independent sort of job and I loved to read so it would be perfect.
Interesting dream . I have never thought about this but you are right. It is quiet in the library.

Quote:
Exactly! So very true. I remember when I played my first soccer game under the lights at night in the stadium. I joked with a teammate that I wished we could play in the dark. I literally thought about this often... when I'd take the field I would remind myself I was playing because I loved the game, not for the audience and I would visually tune out the fans and just focus on the field only.
I felt the same when I had solos in school concert. I could not hold eye contact with the audience. Instead I tried to enjoy my performance.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Present episode:

When she blesses herself I am just crying with laughter, that scene was so funny.
This is so funny . It is so great that this show has two actors like that who would really play the OTP. This is important. I mean this is just 3/4 seconds short gif and I still feel the chemistry even though I have not even watched the show.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The Flash

Here we go!
Planning on watching it tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Interesting dream . I have never thought about this but you are right. It is quiet in the library.
When I was in elementary school and it was time to go to the library (we usually went there on Friday afternoons so we could check out books for the weekend to read) it was one of my favorite moments in school. I loved the silence (I didn't know why but I just did) and loved picking out reading material. I even remember thinking back then I loved a place that forced people to be quiet.

Quote:
I felt the same when I had solos in school concert. I could not hold eye contact with the audience. Instead I tried to enjoy my performance.
Did you feel this way because you were nervous in front of the audience or you just didn't like that interaction with a large group of people?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is so funny . It is so great that this show has two actors like that who would really play the OTP. This is important. I mean this is just 3/4 seconds short gif and I still feel the chemistry even though I have not even watched the show.
You're right, Grant and Candice have SO much chemistry together. They have both loved and supported the pairing from day one and it shows. Yes, this scene is so damn funny. When it becomes available on you tube I will post it so you can see the scene fully. It's hilarious!

The showrunner made it clear The Flash was going back to being light and funny in season 4 like it was in season 1. He certainly didn't lie because the first three episodes have been just that... very light and fun. Grant and Candice do drama to perfection but they are comedy gold too and this scene really proves it.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
When I was in elementary school and it was time to go to the library (we usually went there on Friday afternoons so we could check out books for the weekend to read) it was one of my favorite moments in school. I loved the silence (I didn't know why but I just did) and loved picking out reading material. I even remember thinking back then I loved a place that forced people to be quiet.
This is so awesome. I actually never liked going to the library because of two reasons. There are too many people there and I don't need just silence when I am reading. I need full solitude. If there are people I still feel uncomfortable. And second point that I actually need noise (controlled by me so either movie/show or music) to study. My studying/reading process is different. I take notes with pencil in the book and I transfer them to a notebook. I never try to memorize stuff on conscious level.

Quote:
Did you feel this way because you were nervous in front of the audience or you just didn't like that interaction with a large group of people?
Both. I don't like big crowds and I get nervous when I have to do it. Luckily when it comes to concerts there is some sort of physical separation so I don't feel that trapped.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Planning on watching it tomorrow.
Awesome!
Old 10-25-2017, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're right, Grant and Candice have SO much chemistry together. They have both loved and supported the pairing from day one and it shows. Yes, this scene is so damn funny. When it becomes available on you tube I will post it so you can see the scene fully. It's hilarious!
It's really awesome when you have authentic chemistry like that. It does change the fans experience with the show.

Quote:
The showrunner made it clear The Flash was going back to being light and funny in season 4 like it was in season 1. He certainly didn't lie because the first three episodes have been just that... very light and fun. Grant and Candice do drama to perfection but they are comedy gold too and this scene really proves it.
This is great! I know that there was some drama with Grant travelling back in time and all that so it's good that they try to balance the drama.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is so awesome. I actually never liked going to the library because of two reasons. There are too many people there and I don't need just silence when I am reading. I need full solitude. If there are people I still feel uncomfortable. And second point that I actually need noise (controlled by me so either movie/show or music) to study. My studying/reading process is different. I take notes with pencil in the book and I transfer them to a notebook. I never try to memorize stuff on conscious level.
Oh I am like Nancy Drew when I enter a library. I investigate the entire space and find a little "hole" to exist in that has zero people around me and I feel alone. There's so many "hiding spots" in libraries and trust me, I find them.

I am opposite, not sure why, but I need dead silence or I cannot study. I can do work, busy work, but to actually study and retain information, I need total silence.

Quote:
Both. I don't like big crowds and I get nervous when I have to do it. Luckily when it comes to concerts there is some sort of physical separation so I don't feel that trapped.
Makes sense.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's really awesome when you have authentic chemistry like that. It does change the fans experience with the show.
Definitely.

Quote:
This is great! I know that there was some drama with Grant travelling back in time and all that so it's good that they try to balance the drama.
Yes, season 3 was so dark and dramatic. We had to face Iris possibly dying (even if we knew it wasn't happening) and had this fast forward to the future SEEING her dying over and over again for the entire season practically (thankfully the future was changed) along with Barry and Iris engaged but Barry having to go into the Speed Force and possibly never return again. It was awful. Way too dark and dramatic even if the quality of season 3 was still good. It just wasn't remotely balancing the drama/comedy like season 1 effortlessly did. Season 4 literally is like turning the page and seeing nothing but shining light at the moment. I am sure there will be drama in the future, especially with these villains and meta humans needing stopped, but for right now we are back to season 1 in tone and energy and it's awesome.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

I hope this is true.

Next Star Wars Movie to be Filmed Near McAlester, Oklahoma, Hundreds of Extras Needed | WKY 12 News
Jake: Cold-blooded but fair.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That would be awesome. How far is McAlester from you and would you be interested in being an Extra?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top