Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2017, 02:27 PM
  #16
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
That would be so great. By far, she was the most talented actor on Dawson's Creek. The WB/Kevin had a gem and they still didn't utilize her properly. I've always loved her screen presence. Sign me up, I'd definitely see this one.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-28-2017, 03:48 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks! I am definitely going to check it out. Grittier than Orange is the New Black is hard to believe! lol
Yeah, that's just my personal opinion haha.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-28-2017, 03:48 PM
  #18
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Terrible showrunner.
One of the worst I've ever seen
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
One of the worst I've ever seen
Oh yes. He better enjoy his Superhero stint because I don't see him doing much after this. He could tour the country explaining how he is the poster boy for allowing fan pandering and how he had a fanbase who wrote Arrow for him.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 04:04 AM
  #20
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh yes. He better enjoy his Superhero stint because I don't see him doing much after this. He could tour the country explaining how he is the poster boy for allowing fan pandering and how he had a fanbase who wrote Arrow for him.
Will be the first and last time he is an showrunner of anything really.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 04:28 AM
  #21
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Will be the first and last time he is an showrunner of anything really.
If there's any sort of justice/karma, his days of being a showrunner are numbered.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 05:10 AM
  #22
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
If there's any sort of justice/karma, his days of being a showrunner are numbered.
I would love that really, but sadly don't see that happening unless season 6 and 7 are extremely horrible then.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 09:57 AM
  #23
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I would love that really, but sadly don't see that happening unless season 6 and 7 are extremely horrible then.
Oh I know. I meant numbered as in once Arrow is over (and Legends) he's toast. So days being numbered is technically a few more years.

He's a writer and given his body of work (not massive but he's done some things) he obviously has some talent. However, I do not think he's shown any competency as a showrunner. Showrunner is the title that needs removed. I also think he's ego is so massive you cannot control it. That is why he found it fitting to kill off one of the greatest women Superheros of all time and basically degrade the comic fanbase in the process all the while allowing Olicity fan pandering and letting them construct his show. He's just not good in a leadership position.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 04:53 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Shu found this article... Brucas and Olicity are obviously on the list... I want to marry the writer.

16 TV Couples That RUINED Amazing Shows | Screen Rant

Quote:
Unfortunately, fan service is an all too common phenomenon in television today, especially with the easy access to content creators across social media.

Yet there is no denying that one of the most flagrant cases of fan service can be found in The CW’s Arrow. Felicity Smoak was brought onto the series in season 1 as a random minor character; and five seasons later, thanks to fan uproar, she’s become the female lead of the show, and Oliver Queen’s romantic partner.

And all of this is before you account for the lack of chemistry, constant trust issues and fighting, and the total sidelining and replacement of the iconic Green Arrow/Black Canary couple (making it the second DC TV propery to replace the Canary with a blonde investigator in Oliver’s heart). Arrow was never the strongest superhero series to begin with, but once it catered to Olicity, there was no coming back.
Quote:
For nine seasons from 2004-2012, One Tree Hill was a heartwarming coming of age story about family, friendship, basketball, music, and love. Yet for its first (at least) four seasons, the show was plagued by one of its worst decisions: the pairing of popular cheerleader Brooke Davis and soulful basketball star Lucas Scott.

Known to fans as Brucas, the couple presents perhaps one of the most blatant examples of pairing two characters together purely because the actors were (briefly) involved. Brooke and Lucas had absolutely nothing in common, other than finding each other attractive. When they’re not dating, they talk (about Brooke’s problems, but never Lucas’) and when they’re together, all they do is make out or fight, usually about Brooke’s so-called best friend Peyton, who’s always had feelings for Lucas. If only Brooke had known Peyton had those feelings before she went after Lucas…

Oh wait. She did.

It’s safe to say that the entire Brucas storyline made OTH a whole lot messier than it ever needed to be.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:14 PM
  #25
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh I know. I meant numbered as in once Arrow is over (and Legends) he's toast. So days being numbered is technically a few more years.

He's a writer and given his body of work (not massive but he's done some things) he obviously has some talent. However, I do not think he's shown any competency as a showrunner. Showrunner is the title that needs removed. I also think he's ego is so massive you cannot control it. That is why he found it fitting to kill off one of the greatest women Superheros of all time and basically degrade the comic fanbase in the process all the while allowing Olicity fan pandering and letting them construct his show. He's just not good in a leadership position.
He probably will get an job writing somewhere since he is an actually an decent writers when he isn't trying to please the Tumblr crowd. ^ I love that Brucas and Olicity are on that list, but annoyed that Barney/Robin are too though.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:18 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
He probably will get an job writing somewhere since he is an actually an decent writers when he isn't trying to please the Tumblr crowd. ^ I love that Brucas and Olicity are on that list, but annoyed that Barney/Robin are too though.
He needs to stick to writing for sure. I never watched that show so can't comment on Barney/Robin since I don't know the pairing. I do know that the series finale produced a strong fan reaction but still really don't understand why, lol.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:32 PM
  #27
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
He needs to stick to writing for sure. I never watched that show so can't comment on Barney/Robin since I don't know the pairing. I do know that the series finale produced a strong fan reaction but still really don't understand why, lol.
Yep definitely. The problem with HIMYM is that they clunged to their original vision (Ted/Robin) even though both character (&Barney) had changed to an point where that ending didn't make a lot of sense. They pretty much spending spent seasons showing why Ted/Robin weren't meant to be only to put them back together in the finale without spending any time on showing on why this time would be different.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 09:41 AM
  #28
Elite Fan

 
The Crow's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 38,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep definitely. The problem with HIMYM is that they clunged to their original vision (Ted/Robin) even though both character (&Barney) had changed to an point where that ending didn't make a lot of sense. They pretty much spending spent seasons showing why Ted/Robin weren't meant to be only to put them back together in the finale without spending any time on showing on why this time would be different.
Have you seen the fan theory that posits that Barney wasn't really as bad as all of Ted's stories made him out to be? Ted was simply making Barney look bad so his kids would be okay with him going for their 'Aunt' Robin.

Also, to me, Robin and Barney had more chemistry than Robin and Ted ever did. Of course, I didn't think that Ted had much chemistry with any of his women.
__________________
Frank: What would you do if it was Sarah? If there was some maniac coming after her, what would you do?
Micro: Sarah's my wife. Sarah's my family.
Frank: Listen to me. Listen. I'm only going to say this once. So is Karen.
The Crow is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 10:35 AM
  #29
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep definitely. The problem with HIMYM is that they clunged to their original vision (Ted/Robin) even though both character (&Barney) had changed to an point where that ending didn't make a lot of sense. They pretty much spending spent seasons showing why Ted/Robin weren't meant to be only to put them back together in the finale without spending any time on showing on why this time would be different.
That sounds awful. I'm glad I never watched the series. I am sure I would have been in the category of "pissed off" as well.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 11:17 AM
  #30
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,143
So I found this mini Netflix series (8 episodes):



I was pleasantly surprised. Usually I do not get interested in stories that are not set in modern universe. For some reason it distracts me. In this case however the story is so fresh and interesting that I can forget about the rest.

And most probably as a woman I am interested in the topic as well.
__________________
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
secretk is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.