Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Veronica is a challenging character to play. Camilla just shines. I remember in The Pilot when Veronica and Archie kissed with the both of them knowing Betty carried feelings for Archie. There wasn't major backlash like Veronica sucked for doing that to Betty. If you break it down, it was slightly shtty but it's just the way Camilla plays Veronica. She doesn't play her devious, superficial, or borderline shady. Yes, I just can't pick between Betty and Veronica which is why I love their friendship too. Who knows maybe Veronica can date one of Jughead's new friends from the other high school and they can form their own foursome while Archie stays away in his own little world, lol, jk.
Yeah, that's definitely true. Lol, I wouldn't want that to happen lol
Old 09-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It sounds like a very honest reaction actually and cool that his journey was a good one because the pairing came together and made it work but not before he processed everything as well.
Agree that it's realistic that he will need time to process everything. I think that it was normal.

Quote:
I think it's quite realistic that significant others/close friends/family react a certain way towards someone they are close to who has mediumship abilities. Many times, it's not because you don't believe the person, but more about having to deal with it day to day. It's very life altering. The journey on this show sounds quite normal for sure.
That's true! First he will need time to accept her ability. Then he needs to adapt to live with this day by day. In Ghost Whisperer this had already happened for Jim and Melinda. In the Spanish show it had to happen during the show.

There was only moment when I saw immaturity on some level. In the Spanish show his partner in the ambulance was a woman that had something for him. She made it clear that she likes him that way, but he was already interested in Alba when she said it so he pushed her away. During their rift he made out with his co-worker. That was immature and just wrong. His co-worker however was mature enough to see that he was not over Alba and this time she pulled back. She told him that he has to either forget completely about Alba or give her a chance. He can't be in the middle. He did not argue with her and saw her point so at least he was not immature for long .

So last night I watched the finale. At least the final was actually dark. Or rather let's say that the solution was in the light and love. I was right. The faceless man is actually Alba's great grandfather. He wanted Alba's soul because this way he could go back to be living man. Alba had help from her grandmother. She advised her to look some light in him. And this is what Alba did. He never pursued her grandmother because she was his daughter that he loved. Alba was actually dead for a moment and as a soul she confronted the faceless man. She managed to help all souls that he had controlled (except Alicia's and her mother's and I will explain about this) to crossover. She then made the faceless man see the light, but he did not want to do it. He wanted to take her soul, but in this moment Pedro kissed her dead body and she had the strength to fight back. The faceless man had no other choice but to crossover. The idea was love and light was the answer. So I guess they kind of went into the right direction.

Alicia is the girl that would have premonitions of people that would die. Well there was a reason for that. Actually part of her soul (energy thing) did die that day in the fire. And that part was with the faceless man. It was the bad part. So this part would actually cause the accidents that would then Alicia (the good girl staying on Earth) would see. Alicia finally found a way to beat her - by being good and not being pissed at someone. Basically the idea was that whenever she would be upset with someone, this other part of her would then get revenge. So Alicia found a way to beat this other part by controlling those feelings and not get upset with people that much so that she won't give reasons to this other side of her to kill. She also was no longer afraid. Her father had suggested leaving the city and she was OK with it, but in the finale she told him that it does not make sense. She should stay in this city, confront the people that are mistreating her and fight for what she deserves.

Unfortunately the show was cancelled so there was no final conclusion on Alicia's bad counterpart, but I guess they kind of hinted the solution.

Quote:
Agreed. I like the Spiritual aspect of comics. Always have. I remember even as a little girl my maternal Grandfather buying me comics and I literally understood there was a Spiritual process involved. I was always attracted to this. I never knew why back then but in looking back, now it's obvious. Problem you see this more while picking up an actual comic book and not TV shows as much based on the comics. The one exception is The Flash. The Flash does a superb job.
Most comic TV shows have nothing spiritual. I haven't read the books so I can't comment on them, but I would not say that I saw something spiritual in Supergirl for example. They just don't focus on the spirituality at all.

Quote:
But yes, I hear you, there really is nothing unique out there right now and it's sad.
Maybe there are so many TV shows that we are fed up with them, but yeah nowadays it's difficult to find interesting series.

Quote:
How did she die?
The show as a whole is kind of dark, mysterious and complicated. But overall the idea is that they study in some boarding school in the forest. A teacher warns one of the girls that the place is dangerous and tells her to leave. Next thing she knows is that the teacher disappears. He falls in the forest and hits his head. But then someone hides him in a place with 5 skeletons of ex students in the school. The girl is quite suspicious and she and her friends start investigating. They realize that the school used to be orphanage. They also find a jar full with eyes. Creepy. They realize that some of the teachers are on this as well. So most of the series is basically a game of cat and mouse. The students are usually the mice. In the 6th season they start thinking that they might have a rat. The girl is investigating and realizes who he is and he does not want the others to find out so he beats her. He then hides her. As she is alone and she looses a lot of blood it's too late by the time the others find her. Luckily they do have few moments with her alive and Marcos (the guy that was her boyfriend) tells her that he loves her. After her death there is later on flashback episode where they show their first time together because she had arranged for him to receive a card 1 month later or something like that.

Unfortunately the bad guys take her body so the guys have no chance to even bury her. And basically the other students never realize that she died. They think that she just left the school.

This is how she dies:

As a whole a lot of people think that El Internado is kind of the Spanish Lost. The show themes are different, but the writing approach is similar. This is a page that summarizes some similarities - http://es.lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/F...y_El_internado

Last edited by secretk; 09-20-2017 at 11:02 PM
Old 09-21-2017, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, that's definitely true. Lol, I wouldn't want that to happen lol
Do you have a theory on who shot Archie's dad, Fred?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Do you have a theory on who shot Archie's dad, Fred?
I'm thinking Veronica's dad might have had something to do with it.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Agree that it's realistic that he will need time to process everything. I think that it was normal.

That's true! First he will need time to accept her ability. Then he needs to adapt to live with this day by day. In Ghost Whisperer this had already happened for Jim and Melinda. In the Spanish show it had to happen during the show.

There was only moment when I saw immaturity on some level. In the Spanish show his partner in the ambulance was a woman that had something for him. She made it clear that she likes him that way, but he was already interested in Alba when she said it so he pushed her away. During their rift he made out with his co-worker. That was immature and just wrong. His co-worker however was mature enough to see that he was not over Alba and this time she pulled back. She told him that he has to either forget completely about Alba or give her a chance. He can't be in the middle. He did not argue with her and saw her point so at least he was not immature for long .
Did he cheat on Alba or they were not in a committed relationship yet?

Quote:
So last night I watched the finale. At least the final was actually dark. Or rather let's say that the solution was in the light and love. I was right. The faceless man is actually Alba's great grandfather. He wanted Alba's soul because this way he could go back to be living man. Alba had help from her grandmother. She advised her to look some light in him. And this is what Alba did. He never pursued her grandmother because she was his daughter that he loved. Alba was actually dead for a moment and as a soul she confronted the faceless man. She managed to help all souls that he had controlled (except Alicia's and her mother's and I will explain about this) to crossover. She then made the faceless man see the light, but he did not want to do it. He wanted to take her soul, but in this moment Pedro kissed her dead body and she had the strength to fight back. The faceless man had no other choice but to crossover. The idea was love and light was the answer. So I guess they kind of went into the right direction.

Alicia is the girl that would have premonitions of people that would die. Well there was a reason for that. Actually part of her soul (energy thing) did die that day in the fire. And that part was with the faceless man. It was the bad part. So this part would actually cause the accidents that would then Alicia (the good girl staying on Earth) would see. Alicia finally found a way to beat her - by being good and not being pissed at someone. Basically the idea was that whenever she would be upset with someone, this other part of her would then get revenge. So Alicia found a way to beat this other part by controlling those feelings and not get upset with people that much so that she won't give reasons to this other side of her to kill. She also was no longer afraid. Her father had suggested leaving the city and she was OK with it, but in the finale she told him that it does not make sense. She should stay in this city, confront the people that are mistreating her and fight for what she deserves.

Unfortunately the show was cancelled so there was no final conclusion on Alicia's bad counterpart, but I guess they kind of hinted the solution.
Interesting. Did you have a feeling the Great Grandfather was behind it? The Alicia storyline sounds very interesting. At least they hinted at the solution. She seemed well on her way. So the ending was as good as they could get it given the time constraints it seems.

Quote:
Most comic TV shows have nothing spiritual. I haven't read the books so I can't comment on them, but I would not say that I saw something spiritual in Supergirl for example. They just don't focus on the spirituality at all.
Comic books are filled with Spirituality. The Superhero loses someone they love, a parent, both parents, and they vow to do good... the powers like speed, flying, making things happen beyond human capability using Energy instead is so Spiritual. Even the villains and Energy are directly connected. The Spiritual aspect, both good and bad, is all over DC and Marvel Comic books.

The Flash is very Spiritual. The Speed Force is as Spiritual as it gets. The TV show does an excellent job with this very big component of The Flash comics. The Flash masters the Time Travel element and the Spiritual concept that Time is not linear, the past, present, future are all happening at the same time. So awesome.

Quote:
Maybe there are so many TV shows that we are fed up with them, but yeah nowadays it's difficult to find interesting series.

The show as a whole is kind of dark, mysterious and complicated. But overall the idea is that they study in some boarding school in the forest. A teacher warns one of the girls that the place is dangerous and tells her to leave. Next thing she knows is that the teacher disappears. He falls in the forest and hits his head. But then someone hides him in a place with 5 skeletons of ex students in the school. The girl is quite suspicious and she and her friends start investigating. They realize that the school used to be orphanage. They also find a jar full with eyes. Creepy. They realize that some of the teachers are on this as well. So most of the series is basically a game of cat and mouse. The students are usually the mice. In the 6th season they start thinking that they might have a rat. The girl is investigating and realizes who he is and he does not want the others to find out so he beats her. He then hides her. As she is alone and she looses a lot of blood it's too late by the time the others find her. Luckily they do have few moments with her alive and Marcos (the guy that was her boyfriend) tells her that he loves her. After her death there is later on flashback episode where they show their first time together because she had arranged for him to receive a card 1 month later or something like that.

Unfortunately the bad guys take her body so the guys have no chance to even bury her. And basically the other students never realize that she died. They think that she just left the school.

This is how she dies:

As a whole a lot of people think that El Internado is kind of the Spanish Lost. The show themes are different, but the writing approach is similar. This is a page that summarizes some similarities - Foro:Las increíbles relaciones entre Lost y El internado | ES - Lostpedia | FANDOM powered by Wikia
Interesting! You have watched this series from start to finish? While reading the description it also reminds me of Pretty Little Liars as well. It seems like a combination of PLL and Lost... something I definitely would like, lol.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-21-2017 at 04:30 AM
Old 09-21-2017, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds interesting.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm thinking Veronica's dad might have had something to do with it.
I thought maybe it was Hermione. She kind of warned Fred in a way and then eventually he gets shot. But I think you could be right and it's Hiram.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I thought maybe it was Hermione. She kind of warned Fred in a way and then eventually he gets shot. But I think you could be right and it's Hiram.
Don't see Hermione going to that extent though.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Did he cheat on Alba or they were not in a committed relationship yet?
She had broken up with him by that point.

Quote:
Interesting. Did you have a feeling the Great Grandfather was behind it? The Alicia storyline sounds very interesting. At least they hinted at the solution. She seemed well on her way. So the ending was as good as they could get it given the time constraints it seems.
He was behind this as well .

Quote:
Comic books are filled with Spirituality. The Superhero loses someone they love, a parent, both parents, and they vow to do good... the powers like speed, flying, making things happen beyond human capability using Energy instead is so Spiritual. Even the villains and Energy are directly connected. The Spiritual aspect, both good and bad, is all over DC and Marvel Comic books.
Interesting.

Quote:
The Flash is very Spiritual. The Speed Force is as Spiritual as it gets. The TV show does an excellent job with this very big component of The Flash comics. The Flash masters the Time Travel element and the Spiritual concept that Time is not linear, the past, present, future are all happening at the same time. So awesome.
This is great! At least this show has the spiritual element that you want to enjoy.

Quote:
Interesting! You have watched this series from start to finish? While reading the description it also reminds me of Pretty Little Liars as well. It seems like a combination of PLL and Lost... something I definitely would like, lol.
The show has 7 seasons, but every season has around 10 episodes that last like 80 minutes. I watched the first 5 seasons and half of Season 6. Then the girl died and I had trouble finding the episodes translated. At that point I was not able to watch it without subtitles. And the genre of the show is not the type where you could watch without understanding most of it.

Yes maybe there is also something like PLL. The show is indeed mystery. Some people see it as teen show because it has teens in it, but it is not. It's about Nazis doing experiments, it's about people dying. It's about secret services agents, military, corrupted police officers. It's quite big conspiracy.

In the same time there is a girl that sees ghosts and boy that could see the future. There are symbols hidden in the show logo. There are also two quite cute 6 years old kids that provide so much comedy. There are so organic and natural. This is a clip that I can't stop laughing at:

And this is the trailer of the show:

And another one:

Both are fan made. It was really something different compared to other series done in Spain.

Last edited by secretk; 09-21-2017 at 07:20 AM
Old 09-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Don't see Hermione going to that extent though.
She had some moments of looking shady but you're right, it doesn't seem likely she'd ever go that far, especially shooting Fred of all people. I think her evolution as season 1 moved along was not a good one... she seemed darker, although that could be in preparation for her husband who seems to control the entire family and maybe even town for that matter, coming home.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think both Camilla and Lili are great cause normally I'd be turned off by the Betty's of this world. I love that she isn't woe is me and actually is very assertive and vulnerable at the same time. I've just never sympathized with the "you take everything from me" types. But, Lili plays Betty with such heart. The triangle would have gotten tiresome cause it would have just amounted to AV hiding their feelings to protect Betty which is why I love the fact that they have done bughead.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She had broken up with him by that point.
Oh okay, so they were kind of on again, off again?

Quote:
He was behind this as well .

Interesting.

This is great! At least this show has the spiritual element that you want to enjoy.
I think that's why I could never drop the show, the Spiritual element is too strong.

Quote:
The show has 7 seasons, but every season has around 10 episodes that last like 80 minutes. I watched the first 5 seasons and half of Season 6. Then the girl died and I had trouble finding the episodes translated. At that point I was not able to watch it without subtitles. And the genre of the show is not the type where you could watch without understanding most of it.

Yes maybe there is also something like PLL. The show is indeed mystery. Some people see it as teen show because it has teens in it, but it is not. It's about Nazis doing experiments, it's about people dying. It's about secret services agents, military, corrupted police officers. It's quite big conspiracy.

In the same time there is a girl that sees ghosts and boy that could see the future. There are symbols hidden in the show logo. There are also two quite cute 6 years old kids that provide so much comedy. There are so organic and natural. This is a clip that I can't stop laughing at:

And this is the trailer of the show:

And another one:

Both are fan made. It was really something different compared to other series done in Spain.
The premise/content is very original. This definitely looks good! Will you watch the remaining episodes?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think both Camilla and Lili are great cause normally I'd be turned off by the Betty's of this world. I love that she isn't woe is me and actually is very assertive and vulnerable at the same time. I've just never sympathized with the "you take everything from me" types. But, Lili plays Betty with such heart. The triangle would have gotten tiresome cause it would have just amounted to AV hiding their feelings to protect Betty which is why I love the fact that they have done bughead.
Great thoughts, Shu. So true. Betty could have been a character we got bored and irritated with but thankfully that wasn't the case. Betty has strength and I love it. Sure she went a bit over the top with Chuck but I wanted to see her fight back over playing the victim. She didn't play the victim with Archie and Veronica either. She was proactive, found a way remain friends with Archie, give Veronica a chance and eventually grow closer to Jughead. This girl doesn't pout, she takes adversity, embraces it, and finds a clever way to get through it. Lili is absolutely great as Betty.

SO TRUE about what ultimately would have happened with the triangle. The comics had Archie always preferring Veronica and that never changed. You always got the sense that she was his first choice and the show basically honored that by sorting the ships in a way where Archie/Veronica can just be the couple without the triangle and Jughead might not be the typical guy who drools over women but he makes an exception for Betty, always having a soft spot for her... that's true in the comics and the showrunner embraced this too. I think the showrunner has done a brilliant job of honoring the comics as a result of how he's made his two main pairings. I know people wanted Jughead's possible asexuality explored but sorry, in this version if you look like Cole it's just not going to happen, especially with a certain target audience. In a sense we are seeing it anyway because Jughead is not drooling over every girl that walks by and he has a soft spot for Betty. They have more of a tender romantic relationship over some purely physical one... again, totally in character too. I am proud of the showrunner for how he's sorted this.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh okay, so they were kind of on again, off again?
They were kind of on when he found out about her gift. Then they were still "on" while he was processing the information, but the way he would annoyed her. So she ended the relationship knowing that she loves him just because she knew that he can't accept her as who she is. So she wanted to move on basically. On the other hand he was also "trying" to move on but in reality he did not. His co-worker made him realize that he actually loves Alba. Before his brother appeared as ghost to Alba he knew that he wants to be with her, but she did not want to be with him if he can't accept her for who she is. In that episode he not only trusted her to the point of willing to kills his brother so that his ghost would tell Alba about his nephew, but he also defended her to his sister in law and his father. So his actions basically showed that he is trusting her completely. And then when his brother died she was besides him offering support.

Quote:
I think that's why I could never drop the show, the Spiritual element is too strong.
And you enjoy the characters and the OTP. And that definitely helps. The show works great for you.

Quote:
The premise/content is very original. This definitely looks good! Will you watch the remaining episodes?
It was quite different and interesting . I have to watch from the start because there are things that I don't remember and with this show you kind of need to pay attention to the details.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They were kind of on when he found out about her gift. Then they were still "on" while he was processing the information, but the way he would annoyed her. So she ended the relationship knowing that she loves him just because she knew that he can't accept her as who she is. So she wanted to move on basically. On the other hand he was also "trying" to move on but in reality he did not. His co-worker made him realize that he actually loves Alba. Before his brother appeared as ghost to Alba he knew that he wants to be with her, but she did not want to be with him if he can't accept her for who she is. In that episode he not only trusted her to the point of willing to kills his brother so that his ghost would tell Alba about his nephew, but he also defended her to his sister in law and his father. So his actions basically showed that he is trusting her completely. And then when his brother died she was besides him offering support.
Makes sense. How long did the process take from when he found out about her gift, to the break up, then back to a permanent reunion?

Quote:
And you enjoy the characters and the OTP. And that definitely helps. The show works great for you.
Bingo. Exactly. Spiritual elements, great characters, OTP... I have everything I could possibly need. Only thing I despise are the crossovers with other characters and shows I can't stand. Still, the other stuff wins out.

Quote:
It was quite different and interesting . I have to watch from the start because there are things that I don't remember and with this show you kind of need to pay attention to the details.
Sounds like it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread