Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
They're certainly giving him some heavy material immediately which I think is a good thing because it will help distract from Sophia being gone too. Hope he gets some challenging material. He's a great actor and deserves it. He deserves more spotlight on this show. I even feel like watching almost, lol, but I'll just read your feedback which is just as good.
It does seem this way, but we will see . I will keep you posted on how it is going.

Quote:
I hope you get closure too since you've watched the episodes.
We will see. One episode left. The two episodes finale has similar vibe to the Season 1 finale in the sense that there is huge tragedy with lots of dead people. Only in this case the bad guy caused their death by tricking Alba into believing that they are people alive that should be saved.

Quote:
Do you generally like Pedro/Alba and how would you compare them to Melinda/Jim?
I am biased because I like the male actor. I know him from other series that I have watched. He was part of what should have been the show OTP. I quite enjoyed them and they were my favorite couple in this show. However the actress left the series prematurely and he ended up alone in the end.

I can still compare the two couples though . Of course in this series they are younger so that comes to play, but both couples are passionate. I would say both couples have chemistry. One difference is that Pedro is let's say popular enough around the ladies. There was one funny scene when Pedro was followed by his brother's spirit. Pedro wanted to show pictures of people he knew so that Alba could recognize the ghost. So they go through few pictures where he is with some woman and they were always his "cousin" . In the end she was like "Sure and I am your sister in law". So they hinted a bit that he was ladies man. Something I never picked up about Jim. I guess this is one difference, but nevertheless in both cases the couples are passionate and supportive of each other.

Quote:
I really wish a show would come out that showed mediumship as a very bright light sort of thing. Like, receiving the backstory of how a medium figures out the gift, how it affects loved ones, and then you sort of get a story an episode about how he/she helped the Spirit move on to the Light.
I would love to see show like that too .

Quote:
I know there have been a couple shows out there with this formula but I haven't been totally satisfied because Hollywood gets so caught up in the "haunting" side of it and not how it's very normal for mediums daily to encounter Spirits who are not dark or severely troubled, but either want to stay here and not move on just yet or they're a bit confused and just need direction. No hauntings, dark Spirits lurking around, etc. Seeing it from a different perspective, which I believe is the most common perspective and day to day thing. I have these abilities now and outside of a few instances (like before I am falling asleep and seeing faces) that's mostly what it's about for me. It's positive 98% of the time because I wouldn't have it any other way. I make sure of it.
I agree with you on this. Not everything is that dark. They add darkness to create some drama, but some balance is needed. I think that for the most part Ghost Whisperer balanced this out good. There some bad spirits and some good ones. There were dark and light episodes.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, Cole definitely is an big part in why so many people connected with Jughead. Hopefully other aspects of Archie's personality gets more focus in S2. I like her, probably my favourite out of the girls. What about you?
It's interesting because before the show hit the screen, I was going by the comics and assumed Veronica would be my least favorite. Not the case. This version of Veronica is awesome and I love Camila Mendes. I think she plays Veronica to perfection. I love both Veronica and Betty, I can't pick which one I like more, they are both awesome. Honestly, for me Jughead, Veronica and Betty are all great. The only one out of the four I can't totally connect to or appreciate fully is Archie. Then again 3/4 isn't bad.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It does seem this way, but we will see . I will keep you posted on how it is going.
Sounds good!

Quote:

We will see. One episode left. The two episodes finale has similar vibe to the Season 1 finale in the sense that there is huge tragedy with lots of dead people. Only in this case the bad guy caused their death by tricking Alba into believing that they are people alive that should be saved.

I am biased because I like the male actor. I know him from other series that I have watched. He was part of what should have been the show OTP. I quite enjoyed them and they were my favorite couple in this show. However the actress left the series prematurely and he ended up alone in the end.

I can still compare the two couples though . Of course in this series they are younger so that comes to play, but both couples are passionate. I would say both couples have chemistry. One difference is that Pedro is let's say popular enough around the ladies. There was one funny scene when Pedro was followed by his brother's spirit. Pedro wanted to show pictures of people he knew so that Alba could recognize the ghost. So they go through few pictures where he is with some woman and they were always his "cousin" . In the end she was like "Sure and I am your sister in law". So they hinted a bit that he was ladies man. Something I never picked up about Jim. I guess this is one difference, but nevertheless in both cases the couples are passionate and supportive of each other.
Interesting. Is the age of the pairing on this show around the same age as Melinda/Jim?

Quote:

I would love to see show like that too .

I agree with you on this. Not everything is that dark. They add darkness to create some drama, but some balance is needed. I think that for the most part Ghost Whisperer balanced this out good. There some bad spirits and some good ones. There were dark and light episodes.
There was a really nice balance on Ghost Whisperer. Have you ever seen the movie The Sixth Sense? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sixth_Sense

This is a great movie. If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest you give it a watch. It's very nicely done. Of course it's on the darker side but there is some light and happiness for the medium little boy in the end. It's a fantastic movie but I'd also love to see a movie that isn't so dark but has similar content.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Interesting. Is the age of the pairing on this show around the same age as Melinda/Jim?
No, they are younger. Alba is 23. I assume Pedro is 27/28 or something like that.

Quote:
There was a really nice balance on Ghost Whisperer. Have you ever seen the movie The Sixth Sense? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sixth_Sense

This is a great movie. If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest you give it a watch. It's very nicely done. Of course it's on the darker side but there is some light and happiness for the medium little boy in the end. It's a fantastic movie but I'd also love to see a movie that isn't so dark but has similar content.
I have watched the movie, but long time ago . I remember most of it, but not everything. I remember that Mischa Barton was in the movie. The movie was still a bit dark though.

I think I might rewatch the show of the male actor that I mentioned about. It's about boarding school with students where weird things happen. Nazis are involved. Some experiments, some cloning. Overall it's sort of mystery show.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No, they are younger. Alba is 23. I assume Pedro is 27/28 or something like that.
Got it. Did you sense some immaturity compared to Melinda/Jim? I loved Melinda/Jim because of how mature they both were individually and as a couple.

Quote:
I have watched the movie, but long time ago . I remember most of it, but not everything. I remember that Mischa Barton was in the movie. The movie was still a bit dark though.
Yes, she was in one smaller storyline. It was a bit dark but very nicely done. I would love something like this but with a lighter tone on a TV series or movie.

Quote:
I think I might rewatch the show of the male actor that I mentioned about. It's about boarding school with students where weird things happen. Nazis are involved. Some experiments, some cloning. Overall it's sort of mystery show.
Sounds interesting.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Got it. Did you sense some immaturity compared to Melinda/Jim? I loved Melinda/Jim because of how mature they both were individually and as a couple.
In the beginning they were less mature than Melinda/Jim. However in that series Alba was still getting used to not be afraid of ghosts. So it's not so much immaturity than lack of experience. Pedro is kind of interested in Alba from the start. He even goes to her grandmother's funeral and offers support. She is reluctant in the beginning and he is the one insisting on the relationship.

I would say he was a bit immature (in a sense) when Alba revealed her secret. He did not take it that well, but it was not in the sense of you are monster I do not want to communicate with you. It was more like you believe that you see ghosts, but there might be some other reason for this. He wanted to "help" her and she basically told him to shove it . What I loved about this was that she was not doormat. She did not let him cross lines. He was struggling however because the moment someone else blamed Alba for being crazy he defended her. There was a scene where someone had written on the window that she is crazy. She closed herself and did not want to see people and he washed the window. And then he commented that he wished he would erase his words the same way. So yeah he was a bit reluctant accepting her gift for 3 episodes basically. He was going back and forth. He would not believe her, but then he would check on her to see how she is. In the end they broke up for a bit until his brother appeared as ghost. From then on he had been completely supportive for Alba.

Quote:
Yes, she was in one smaller storyline. It was a bit dark but very nicely done. I would love something like this but with a lighter tone on a TV series or movie.
There are so many interesting ideas about tv shows but honestly now they are doing mostly medical dramas, police dramas, law dramas, comics/heroes stuff and some sort of mystery type of show that sort of plays out always the same in the end. Nothing unique nowadays.

Quote:
Sounds interesting.
It was one of the first Spanish shows I have watched. I would watch with Bulgarian subtitles. It was back in 2009/2010. It was good show, but to be honest I stopped watching around the end of Season 6 when the female protagonist died (this is how the actress leaves the show). I know how the show ends, but I have not watched unfolding.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Riverdale spinoff focused on Sabrina coming to the CW

Last edited by The Crow; 09-20-2017 at 11:14 AM
Old 09-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

This. Looks. Great. It's dark and violent...two things The Punisher should be. The trailer has one of my favorite Metallica songs of all time, which is awesome. Netflix certainly knows how to build anticipation.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ That looks really good. Metallica. <3

No wonder the showrunner was always so tight lipped about Sabrina. Obviously this spinoff was in the works. That's cool, I am definitely interested in this spinoff, the premise totally is my cup of tea. It's also clear they plan on having Riverdale around for a very long time.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In the beginning they were less mature than Melinda/Jim. However in that series Alba was still getting used to not be afraid of ghosts. So it's not so much immaturity than lack of experience. Pedro is kind of interested in Alba from the start. He even goes to her grandmother's funeral and offers support. She is reluctant in the beginning and he is the one insisting on the relationship.

I would say he was a bit immature (in a sense) when Alba revealed her secret. He did not take it that well, but it was not in the sense of you are monster I do not want to communicate with you. It was more like you believe that you see ghosts, but there might be some other reason for this. He wanted to "help" her and she basically told him to shove it . What I loved about this was that she was not doormat. She did not let him cross lines. He was struggling however because the moment someone else blamed Alba for being crazy he defended her. There was a scene where someone had written on the window that she is crazy. She closed herself and did not want to see people and he washed the window. And then he commented that he wished he would erase his words the same way. So yeah he was a bit reluctant accepting her gift for 3 episodes basically. He was going back and forth. He would not believe her, but then he would check on her to see how she is. In the end they broke up for a bit until his brother appeared as ghost. From then on he had been completely supportive for Alba.
It sounds like a very honest reaction actually and cool that his journey was a good one because the pairing came together and made it work but not before he processed everything as well. I think it's quite realistic that significant others/close friends/family react a certain way towards someone they are close to who has mediumship abilities. Many times, it's not because you don't believe the person, but more about having to deal with it day to day. It's very life altering. The journey on this show sounds quite normal for sure.

Quote:
There are so many interesting ideas about tv shows but honestly now they are doing mostly medical dramas, police dramas, law dramas, comics/heroes stuff and some sort of mystery type of show that sort of plays out always the same in the end. Nothing unique nowadays.
Agreed. I like the Spiritual aspect of comics. Always have. I remember even as a little girl my maternal Grandfather buying me comics and I literally understood there was a Spiritual process involved. I was always attracted to this. I never knew why back then but in looking back, now it's obvious. Problem you see this more while picking up an actual comic book and not TV shows as much based on the comics. The one exception is The Flash. The Flash does a superb job.

But yes, I hear you, there really is nothing unique out there right now and it's sad.

Quote:
It was one of the first Spanish shows I have watched. I would watch with Bulgarian subtitles. It was back in 2009/2010. It was good show, but to be honest I stopped watching around the end of Season 6 when the female protagonist died (this is how the actress leaves the show). I know how the show ends, but I have not watched unfolding.
How did she die?

Last edited by jediwands; 09-20-2017 at 01:23 PM
Old 09-20-2017, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's interesting because before the show hit the screen, I was going by the comics and assumed Veronica would be my least favorite. Not the case. This version of Veronica is awesome and I love Camila Mendes. I think she plays Veronica to perfection. I love both Veronica and Betty, I can't pick which one I like more, they are both awesome. Honestly, for me Jughead, Veronica and Betty are all great. The only one out of the four I can't totally connect to or appreciate fully is Archie. Then again 3/4 isn't bad.
Yeah, Camilla does an great job with Veronica imo and I can't pick between Betty & Veronica either.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
This. Looks. Great. It's dark and violent...two things The Punisher should be. The trailer has one of my favorite Metallica songs of all time, which is awesome. Netflix certainly knows how to build anticipation.

Thanks for that, looks awesome and the use of Metallica just makes me more excited for it.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am not sure if I will watch. I barely got through s2 cause I couldn't connect with the punisher. But, I have a weak stomache.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I am not sure if I will watch. I barely got through s2 cause I couldn't connect with the punisher. But, I have a weak stomache.
I personally thought that the Punisher was the best thing about S2, but yet again that stuff doesn't really bother me at all.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, Camilla does an great job with Veronica imo and I can't pick between Betty & Veronica either.
Veronica is a challenging character to play. Camilla just shines. I remember in The Pilot when Veronica and Archie kissed with the both of them knowing Betty carried feelings for Archie. There wasn't major backlash like Veronica sucked for doing that to Betty. If you break it down, it was slightly shtty but it's just the way Camilla plays Veronica. She doesn't play her devious, superficial, or borderline shady. Yes, I just can't pick between Betty and Veronica which is why I love their friendship too. Who knows maybe Veronica can date one of Jughead's new friends from the other high school and they can form their own foursome while Archie stays away in his own little world, lol, jk.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread