Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
True
It was definitely enough for them to work as friends though,

Quote:
I did not care about her in the first two seasons. Sometimes I liked her in Season 3 - on some level she did support Naley. I liked her in some moments in Season 4 - witch Chase. I started really liking Brooke in Season 5, but as it was disaster I did not watch the show for long after that.
I didn't like her in season 1, but my feelings grew for her during season 2, so it sucks that putting her back together with Luke ruined that. Or maybe I enjoyed her so much because the rest of core 5 storylines weren't that great that season.

Quote:
Agree
Yep and spending all of that time together rebuilding their friendship would change that feeling of course.

Quote:
Yeah I am not sure that I would have killed off Ellie. I do understand that maybe they did not have good enough stories for her as a parent, but indeed aside Karen there were no good parental figures in this show. I would say that those 5 OTH characters turned out awesome given the parents they had
I definitely wouldn't have killed her off either, since Peyton deserved an mother figure and the show in general needed more decent parents outside of Karen and Keith to some extent.

Quote:
True. They could have broken up because of the distance and not because of the proposal. Not to mention that at that point the proposal did not make sense. I mean I get that they were destined to get married, but Lucas wanted to use this marriage differently. I am firm believer that people do not need to sign to get together. If they want to be together, they will be even without the marriage. To marry someone just to be sure that you will be together is not my idea for love.
The distance was definitely causing some issues at that point, so it really wouldn't be at difficult change for the break up to be about that. Luke definitely want to spend his life with Peyton, but he asked for all of the wrong reasons and didn't think it completely through.

Quote:
For me it was not so much as to why she stayed so long, but as to the way she acted once she came back. It was like I was gone for 2 years, we had no contact or what's so ever, but why are you not wanting to be with me. It was weird. Not that Lucas was any better. He did not understand why Peyton did not want the marriage. She never said "No, period". She said "Not right now"
She definitely wasn't confused about that lol, she was just surprising that him and Lindsay were still together. Lucas giving all of those mixed signals definitely didn't help either since he was clearly still in love with her but he didn't have the balls to admit it.

Quote:
I would have been OK with them getting married earlier. I would have enjoyed watching them married if done properly (The writers did not handle the best possible the married Naley couple so you never know with them).
Them getting married really wouldn't have changed that storyline in S6 all that much and probably would have given more material to work with in the first half of S6. Plus it would have avoided the whole rushed feeling that the end of S6 did.

Quote:
If only someone had thought about that or had written fic about that. I would have enjoyed it.
Same here, some fics are a lot better than what the show actually did.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Definitely would have worked well if she didn't exist since it wouldn't have given Luke something to hide behind. I didn't like that either, since it just gave reason for people to hate Leyton and was an dumb move considering they got back together in the next episode.
That's basically what Lindsey was for Luke... a shield. She was comfortable. He cared a lot for her, he probably loved her in his own way (I still don't think he was necessarily IN love and I don't just say that as a Leyton homer either), but it wasn't close to the true love he felt for Peyton.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

All I have to say is thank you Game of Thrones. I've been waiting for that to happen for 7 seasons.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What happened? One more season to go, right?

I'm still thinking about watching in the future. I swear, everyone I talk to watches and loves the show.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's basically what Lindsey was for Luke... a shield. She was comfortable. He cared a lot for her, he probably loved her in his own way (I still don't think he was necessarily IN love and I don't just say that as a Leyton homer either), but it wasn't close to the true love he felt for Peyton.
He loved her, but he definitely wasn't in love with her because his heart was still with Peyton, even if he didn't want to admit it. The fact he didn't respect her enough to tell about the kiss, the proposal and his feelings for Peyton says a lot about his feelings for her imo.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Would you guys have liked Brooke more if the triangle ended after S1 and her character actually developed earlier?
Old 08-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He loved her, but he definitely wasn't in love with her because his heart was still with Peyton, even if he didn't want to admit it. The fact he didn't respect her enough to tell about the kiss, the proposal and his feelings for Peyton says a lot about his feelings for her imo.
I completely agree. I rolled my eyes when people actually thought Lucas and Lindsey stood a chance and he truly loved her. Classic senseless roadblock. There are definitely different ways of loving someone. At most he loved her in the sense that he had romantic feelings for her but he wasn't in love with her. No way. I know that some believe you can be in love with two people at the same time. But Lucas wasn't in love with two people at the same time. We know via his very own book he was still very much in love with Peyton. It was almost as if he wrote the book while supposedly trying to move on yet the content of the book was like poetry/his declaration of love to Peyton from a distance. He found a way to express his love for Peyton via the book WHILE Lindsey was right there as he's going there. If he was truly in love with her, he wouldn't be writing a book about still being in love with Peyton.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Would you guys have liked Brooke more if the triangle ended after S1 and her character actually developed earlier?
Yes. She'd never be my favorite but the answer is definitely yes. Plus, if her character developed earlier and the triangle would have ended after season one, that would also mean she wouldn't have done the most evil thing ever by making fun of Peyton's deceased mother. That is the one thing I simply can't get over when it comes to Brooke. If the triangle would've ended after season one we wouldn't of gotten that horrible scene.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I completely agree. I rolled my eyes when people actually thought Lucas and Lindsey stood a chance and he truly loved her. Classic senseless roadblock. There are definitely different ways of loving someone. At most he loved her in the sense that he had romantic feelings for her but he wasn't in love with her. No way. I know that some believe you can be in love with two people at the same time. But Lucas wasn't in love with two people at the same time. We know via his very own book he was still very much in love with Peyton. It was almost as if he wrote the book while supposedly trying to move on yet the content of the book was like poetry/his declaration of love to Peyton from a distance. He found a way to express his love for Peyton via the book WHILE Lindsey was right there as he's going there. If he was truly in love with her, he wouldn't be writing a book about still being in love with Peyton.
I laugh my ass at that stuff and especially when they say he settled for Peyton because Lindsay didn't want him anymore. If you truly love someone, you don't make out with your ex girlfriend, run away when asked whether you are still in love with said ex, are still bitter that ex turned down your marriage proposal three years before, admit you were previously much happier and get jealous everytime your ex shows signs of moving over. The book thing was great since it showed that his heart/mind couldn't lie to himself like his head was doing.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes. She'd never be my favorite but the answer is definitely yes. Plus, if her character developed earlier and the triangle would have ended after season one, that would also mean she wouldn't have done the most evil thing ever by making fun of Peyton's deceased mother. That is the one thing I simply can't get over when it comes to Brooke. If the triangle would've ended after season one we wouldn't of gotten that horrible scene.
No mother comments definitely would have been great for her character imo. The funny thing is you really wouldn't have to change too much storyline wise for Brooke in those seasons, since I felt Season 2 was an good start to developing her character outside of Luke/BL and putting them back together pretty much ruined it for me.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was definitely enough for them to work as friends though,
True .

Quote:
I didn't like her in season 1, but my feelings grew for her during season 2, so it sucks that putting her back together with Luke ruined that. Or maybe I enjoyed her so much because the rest of core 5 storylines weren't that great that season.
No. In Season 2 she really was more bearable. She was not that selfish and self-centered. Or she was, but not in that annoying way as Season 1, Season 3 and 4.

Quote:
I definitely wouldn't have killed her off either, since Peyton deserved an mother figure and the show in general needed more decent parents outside of Karen and Keith to some extent.
True .

Quote:
The distance was definitely causing some issues at that point, so it really wouldn't be at difficult change for the break up to be about that. Luke definitely want to spend his life with Peyton, but he asked for all of the wrong reasons and didn't think it completely through.
Agree . And I would have liked them breaking up over the distance thing without the proposal part.

Quote:
She definitely wasn't confused about that lol, she was just surprising that him and Lindsay were still together. Lucas giving all of those mixed signals definitely didn't help either since he was clearly still in love with her but he didn't have the balls to admit it.
I have to disagree here.I am not saying that Lucas handled the situation properly, but Peyton also did not handle it properly. I guess I am not into that type of stories. Unlike most people I actually fully agreed with Haley in Season 5 regarding the whole Lucas/Peyton/Lindsay stuff. I know that it's not popular opinion, but it's how I saw it too. Then again it does tie down with the fact that I related the most with Haley. And Haley annoyed me only in two points in the series (for the seasons I have watched). I did not agree how she handled the things in Season 2. She deserved to go on that tour and Nathan had no right to give her ultimatum, but she could have communicated this better with him. And I did not agree with her spending more time with Mia in Season 5 than her husband. Other than that not only she actually did not annoy me, but I completely agreed with her.

Quote:
Them getting married really wouldn't have changed that storyline in S6 all that much and probably would have given more material to work with in the first half of S6. Plus it would have avoided the whole rushed feeling that the end of S6 did.
In general yes. With writers like OTH ones you never know . Prolonging Leyton marriage was a mistake for me because at some point the prolonging just did not make sense.

Quote:
Same here, some fics are a lot better than what the show actually did.
True . Do you have some favorites?
Old 08-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
. In Season 2 she really was more bearable. She was not that selfish and self-centered. Or she was, but not in that annoying way as Season 1, Season 3 and 4.
Yep, she definitely wasn't selfish that season and my one compliant about Brooke that season is just that she got too much focus compared to Peyton and Haley.

Quote:
Agree . And I would have liked them breaking up over the distance thing without the proposal part.
Definitely would have been an much better look for Luke's character than what we got.

Quote:
I have to disagree here.I am not saying that Lucas handled the situation properly, but Peyton also did not handle it properly. I guess I am not into that type of stories. Unlike most people I actually fully agreed with Haley in Season 5 regarding the whole Lucas/Peyton/Lindsay stuff. I know that it's not popular opinion, but it's how I saw it too. Then again it does tie down with the fact that I related the most with Haley. And Haley annoyed me only in two points in the series (for the seasons I have watched). I did not agree how she handled the things in Season 2. She deserved to go on that tour and Nathan had no right to give her ultimatum, but she could have communicated this better with him. And I did not agree with her spending more time with Mia in Season 5 than her husband. Other than that not only she actually did not annoy me, but I completely agreed with her.
How do you think Peyton handled that situation poorly? Haley's reaction annoyed me because she only got upset at Peyton and basically forget that Luke was the one in the relationship. He only got an little slap of wrist whereas she basically called Peyton an whore and hell Luke didn't even know she saw the kiss. Just came off as excuse to let her real feelings about the proposal tbh.

Quote:
In general yes. With writers like OTH ones you never know . Prolonging Leyton marriage was a mistake for me because at some point the prolonging just did not make sense.
Them getting married wouldn't have made an difference since they basically acted like they were anyway.

Quote:
True . Do you have some favorites?
There are an couple of S5 LP fanfics that I love, can't think of the names of them right now lol. Haven't checked out NH ones either.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Did anyone like Jake as a character?
Old 08-29-2017, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yep, she definitely wasn't selfish that season and my one compliant about Brooke that season is just that she got too much focus compared to Peyton and Haley.
That's true .

Quote:
Definitely would have been an much better look for Luke's character than what we got.
For sure.

Quote:
How do you think Peyton handled that situation poorly? Haley's reaction annoyed me because she only got upset at Peyton and basically forget that Luke was the one in the relationship. He only got an little slap of wrist whereas she basically called Peyton an whore and hell Luke didn't even know she saw the kiss. Just came off as excuse to let her real feelings about the proposal tbh.
I would not say that Haley called her whore, but she did not agree with Peyton's choices and I did not agree with them either. Peyton knew very well that her relationship with Lucas was over. Yes Lucas did not handle it properly, but she never said anything to him. She did not tell him you have no right to assume this or that. She was passive. I might have seen her point if she had said something. She said nothing. He invited her to an event and she did not meet him. She again did not communicate to anyone that this bothered her. She just assumed things on her own. She never said anything to Lucas that she wants him back. He assumed that she does not. Then she comes back and has the audacity to tell Lucas how he feels. That's like absurd. I am sorry but no one can tell someone how they feel about someone or not. Then she was bitch to Lindsay who had no fault at all. If Peyton had issues, she should have discussed them with Lucas alone. And Haley was right that Leyton yet again cheat. That was the third time for them and they were not in high school anymore. And I was annoyed with them as well. They should have learnt their lesson. If not the first time, at least the second. I seriously hate how both Lucas and Peyton handled Season 5 and I do not excuse either of them. But really this is the season where I could not stand Lucas and Peyton so I guess this storyline bugged me really wrong the way.

Quote:
Them getting married wouldn't have made an difference since they basically acted like they were anyway.
Could be. I did not watch Season 6 after the premiere so I can't comment much on it. It did not hold my interest.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What happened? One more season to go, right?

I'm still thinking about watching in the future. I swear, everyone I talk to watches and loves the show.
They finally killed the one character I've wanted to die for 7 seasons, and it was glorious. If I could find a better gif, I'd make it the background of my phone.