Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite PINK song of all time... she's so raw, tells it like it is. The song is golden. I don't think there's a person on the planet who cannot relate to this song in some way:

Old 08-26-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I really love so what?
Old 08-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Me too.

Video of the one. I forgot how much I smiled while watching this for the first time... it was daring which worked so beautifully:

Old 08-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love this description of her legacy (wiki):

Quote:
Pink has been credited for breaking boundaries and pushing the envelope throughout her career. She is regarded as the "most trailblazing artist" of her pop generation.[122][138] Robert Hilburn of the Los Angeles Times says, "Pink stood up for her music, broke the music industry's mold and scored a breakout hit, challenging a school of teen singers to find their own sounds as well." He adds, "[Pink] also started a race among other teen pop stars like Christina Aguilera to add substance to their own sound."[139] Ann Powers refers to her as a "powerhouse vocalist", stating her mix of rebellion, emotional rawness, humor, and "infectious" dance beats created "a model for the mashup approach of latter-day divas such as Katy Perry, Kesha, and even Rihanna."[122] Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone commented: "I think people respond to her sense of independence and dedication. It inspires people... This is a prolific pop artist who is sometimes famous and successful, sometimes obscure, who nonetheless keeps making her own kind of music."[122]

James Montgomery of MTV describes her as "a fabulously fearless pop artist" who can "out-sing almost anyone out there. She can out-crazy Gaga or Lily. She's the total pop-star package, everything you'd want in a singer/entertainer/icon. And still, she remains oddly off the radar. Such is the price of busting borders".[138] Entertainment Weekly said: "She essentially invented the whole modern wave of Pop Diva Domination: You can draw a straight line from "Get This Party Started" to Katy Perry, Kesha, pre-messianic Lady Gaga, and post-weird Rihanna."[140] Glamour Magazine wrote: "When Pennsylvania-born Alecia Moore debuted in 2000, pop was dominated by long-locked blonds like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson. Pink changed the game. Without her, the last 13-years of big-voiced, tough chick music is hard to imagine."[141]

Following her performance at the American Music Awards of 2012, LZ Granderson of CNN wrote: "... our culture's biggest sin may well be the auto-tuned syrup we've allowed to dominate the pop charts. All-time chart records are handed to vacuous acts such as the Black Eyed Peas and singing awards are given to vocal lightweights such as Taylor Swift [...] But thank God for Pink. [...] While Christina Aguilera has a tendency to oversing, Britney Spears can't sing, and Lauryn Hill sorta stopped singing, Pink has managed to carve a brilliant 13-year-career by being something that is incredibly rare these days—an artist."[142] British soul singer Adele considers Pink's performance at Brixton Academy in London as one of "the most defining moments" in her life, saying "It was the Missundaztood record, so I was about 13 or 14. I had never heard, being in the room, someone sing like that live. I remember sort of feeling like I was in a wind tunnel, her voice just hitting me. It was incredible."[143][144]

Pink's work has inspired several other artists including Demi Lovato,[145] Kelly Clarkson,[146] Taylor Swift,[147] Katy Perry,[148] Tegan and Sara,[149] Ashley Tisdale,[150] Alessia Cara,[151] Victoria Justice,[152] and Adele.[153]
When Adele is blown away by Pink, you know she's good.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love in the comment section someone said this song makes her want to start a fight :

Paige and Emily were singing this in an episode of PLL.

This song is so awesome, indeed.

I'm going to listen to Pink now for the next few days nonstop. I missed her.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
If Mark would have had Leyton long distance after the time jump and kept them together, realistically, they would have had to reside in the same location no more than two years into it... you are right... 4 years wouldn't have gotten it done. 1-2 years could have worked depending on the construction of the storyline. Yes, Mark went overboard in season 5. He had a nice recovery in season 6 thankfully.
Yeah and both of them couldn't really move to where the other one lives with the way it was set up. Yep, Mark always tended to go overboard and when recovered in the next season (season 2 and 3 are examples of that too).
Old 08-27-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah and both of them couldn't really move to where the other one lives with the way it was set up. Yep, Mark always tended to go overboard and when recovered in the next season (season 2 and 3 are examples of that too).
Exactly.

How did you feel about Luke's marriage proposal? Did you understand why Peyton wasn't ready? Did you side with Luke and understand his anger and frustration that Peyton wanted to wait? Did you feel for the both of them?
Old 08-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly.

How did you feel about Luke's marriage proposal? Did you understand why Peyton wasn't ready? Did you side with Luke and understand his anger and frustration that Peyton wanted to wait? Did you feel for the both of them?
I understood both sides of the whole situation, since I understood why Luke wanted to get engaged and why he was heartbroken when Peyton turned him down (completely disagree with the way he ended it though), while I understood Peyton wanting to wait but think she should have said handled it a bit better as well.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I understood both sides of the whole situation, since I understood why Luke wanted to get engaged and why he was heartbroken when Peyton turned him down (completely disagree with the way he ended it though), while I understood Peyton wanting to wait but think she should have said handled it a bit better as well.
I probably lean slightly more on Peyton's side only because like you said, Luke handled it so poorly by leaving and just breaking up. But then again, maybe Peyton should have explained it better as well. It was clearly Mark's way to break them up. We saw how perfectly they worked as a couple in season 4 so the break up had to be slightly outlandish. By outlandish I just mean the lack of communication/reactions. I still think it was realistic that long distance would break them up though. The dialogue and Lucas bailing is what bothered me. The same thing happened to Ephram/Amy on Everwood too... they were too convincing so a break up had to happen in a soap opera kind of way in order to make it realistic since we understood how meant to be there were. Both Ephram/Amy and Lucas/Peyton were established as meant to be so we also knew their break ups would only be temporary too. That's why as a diehard shipper of both pairings I wasn't devastated when they broke up because I knew it was only a matter of time before they reunited.

I still wish season 5 Leyton would have been constructed better. I wanted LL to break up well before they did. Mark must have loved the actress who played Lindsey because he had her around forever, far too long than the storyline dictated if you ask me. I wish they would have broken up earlier and Leyton would have reunited around mid-season 5. What about you?
Old 08-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I probably lean slightly more on Peyton's side only because like you said, Luke handled it so poorly by leaving and just breaking up. But then again, maybe Peyton should have explained it better as well. It was clearly Mark's way to break them up. We saw how perfectly they worked as a couple in season 4 so the break up had to be slightly outlandish. By outlandish I just mean the lack of communication/reactions. I still think it was realistic that long distance would break them up though. The dialogue and Lucas bailing is what bothered me. The same thing happened to Ephram/Amy on Everwood too... they were too convincing so a break up had to happen in a soap opera kind of way in order to make it realistic since we understood how meant to be there were. Both Ephram/Amy and Lucas/Peyton were established as meant to be so we also knew their break ups would only be temporary too. That's why as a diehard shipper of both pairings I wasn't devastated when they broke up because I knew it was only a matter of time before they reunited.

I still wish season 5 Leyton would have been constructed better. I wanted LL to break up well before they did. Mark must have loved the actress who played Lindsey because he had her around forever, far too long than the storyline dictated if you ask me. I wish they would have broken up earlier and Leyton would have reunited around mid-season 5. What about you?
The writers definitely made it a lot easier to be on Peyton's side during that episode, since no one deserves to get dumped the way she did and it was honestly out of character for Luke to do that imo. Yes they definitely were
I wouldn't even introduced Lindsay in the first place or if I did, definitely not put her and Luke together. Luke and Peyton both being single would have led to some interesting storylines imo. I think he did, since Lindsay had no purpose the second she dumped Luke at the altar imo and Mark definitely has an history of doing that.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The writers definitely made it a lot easier to be on Peyton's side during that episode, since no one deserves to get dumped the way she did and it was honestly out of character for Luke to do that imo. Yes they definitely were
I wouldn't even introduced Lindsay in the first place or if I did, definitely not put her and Luke together. Luke and Peyton both being single would have led to some interesting storylines imo. I think he did, since Lindsay had no purpose the second she dumped Luke at the altar imo and Mark definitely has an history of doing that.
It was totally out of character for Luke to leave like that. I hated it. Another parallel with Ephram/Amy is Ephram left for Europe after the break up as well temporarily. But yes, out of character for Lucas, and even more strange and off that they wouldn't have talked even after he left. Convenient writing because if he would have stayed or talked after he left, they probably would have worked it out. Yes, I would have loved them both single. They didn't have to reunite immediately but they could have worked their way back to being friends, then reuniting romantically. I dislike that Lucas nearly got married to someone he didn't love like Peyton and literally it took Lindsey to see that he still loved Peyton, not Lucas completely on his own. Didn't like that either.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It was totally out of character for Luke to leave like that. I hated it. Another parallel with Ephram/Amy is Ephram left for Europe after the break up as well temporarily. But yes, out of character for Lucas, and even more strange and off that they wouldn't have talked even after he left. Convenient writing because if he would have stayed or talked after he left, they probably would have worked it out. Yes, I would have loved them both single. They didn't have to reunite immediately but they could have worked their way back to being friends, then reuniting romantically. I dislike that Lucas nearly got married to someone he didn't love like Peyton and literally it took Lindsey to see that he still loved Peyton, not Lucas completely on his own. Didn't like that either.
Definitely was OOC for Luke to do that and the same can be said for the marriage proposal to Lindsay. Not sure whether they would have worked out and honestly, I'm glad they didn't since them breaking up at that point was better for their relationship in the long run. Seeing them work through their issues while also getting ahead in their dreams would have been an great storyline for me and I honestly would have loved for the season to end with their marriage. I didn't like that since Luke normally wouldn't have dragged it out for so longer, but at the same time he deserved to be dumped at the altar for trying to hide behind an marriage.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely was OOC for Luke to do that and the same can be said for the marriage proposal to Lindsay. Not sure whether they would have worked out and honestly, I'm glad they didn't since them breaking up at that point was better for their relationship in the long run. Seeing them work through their issues while also getting ahead in their dreams would have been an great storyline for me and I honestly would have loved for the season to end with their marriage. I didn't like that since Luke normally wouldn't have dragged it out for so longer, but at the same time he deserved to be dumped at the altar for trying to hide behind an marriage.
Marriage would have worked perfectly for Leyton at the end of season 5 if Lindsey wouldn't have existed. We know the only reason why they broke up and didn't marry was due to circumstances/careers, not because they didn't love each other or couldn't work together day to day. So if they would have shown up single at the beginning of season 5, reunion at the halfway point, then marriage in the finale of 5 would have been perfect.

I also hated when Luke told Peyton he hated her. How did you feel about that? I know it means he loved her (the title of the episode spells that out even) but it was still so horrible.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There is no denial that they cared about each other, it just wasn't enough for it to work in the long term romantically.
True .

Quote:
I liked her, but she definitely is my least favourite out of the core 5.
I did not care about her in the first two seasons. Sometimes I liked her in Season 3 - on some level she did support Naley. I liked her in some moments in Season 4 - witch Chase. I started really liking Brooke in Season 5, but as it was disaster I did not watch the show for long after that.

Quote:
I think the whole Peyton doesn't want to be with Lucas storyline would have worked well in season 2 after the whole Nikki incident. That's pretty much what they did anyway, minus the whole suddenly wanting to be with Jake crap.
Agree .

Quote:
Would have just introduced the Ellie storyline instead and have had Luke support her through that. Not sure whether I would have killed off Ellie either, since this show needed more decent parents outside of Karen lol. Definitely would have gotten rid of the psycho storyline and just introduced Derek normally.
Yeah I am not sure that I would have killed off Ellie. I do understand that maybe they did not have good enough stories for her as a parent, but indeed aside Karen there were no good parental figures in this show. I would say that those 5 OTH characters turned out awesome given the parents they had .

Quote:
I definitely would have changed what they broke up over too (the proposal wasn't needed imo) and probably would have broken up after Luke finds out that he is getting his novel but before the book signing. You could have still even had Lindsay and Lucas date, but no where near as serious and they only went out for an couple of months if that, and I would probably do the same with Peyton and Julian too.
True. They could have broken up because of the distance and not because of the proposal. Not to mention that at that point the proposal did not make sense. I mean I get that they were destined to get married, but Lucas wanted to use this marriage differently. I am firm believer that people do not need to sign to get together. If they want to be together, they will be even without the marriage. To marry someone just to be sure that you will be together is not my idea for love.

Quote:
Peyton staying in LA so long was in character for me and as much as she loved and missed Lucas, she still had to try everything in her power to succeed career wise. I probably would have had them deal with their issues concerning the break up (Luke thinks she didn't love him enough and Peyton feels he gave them up) for the first few episodes while they slowly work their way back together, with that eventually happening around mid seasonish if not earlier. I also would have loved for them to get married a bit earlier, since we deserved to see that imo and it would have led to some interesting storylines in season 6.
For me it was not so much as to why she stayed so long, but as to the way she acted once she came back. It was like I was gone for 2 years, we had no contact or what's so ever, but why are you not wanting to be with me. It was weird. Not that Lucas was any better. He did not understand why Peyton did not want the marriage. She never said "No, period". She said "Not right now".

I would have been OK with them getting married earlier. I would have enjoyed watching them married if done properly (The writers did not handle the best possible the married Naley couple so you never know with them).

Quote:
That definitely sounds like a lot better than what went on
If only someone had thought about that or had written fic about that. I would have enjoyed it.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Marriage would have worked perfectly for Leyton at the end of season 5 if Lindsey wouldn't have existed. We know the only reason why they broke up and didn't marry was due to circumstances/careers, not because they didn't love each other or couldn't work together day to day. So if they would have shown up single at the beginning of season 5, reunion at the halfway point, then marriage in the finale of 5 would have been perfect.

I also hated when Luke told Peyton he hated her. How did you feel about that? I know it means he loved her (the title of the episode spells that out even) but it was still so horrible.
Definitely would have worked well if she didn't exist since it wouldn't have given Luke something to hide behind. I didn't like that either, since it just gave reason for people to hate Leyton and was an dumb move considering they got back together in the next episode.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread