Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This video could explain her leaving because of Lucas being killed off or because she was pushed out the door. What we do know is it's fairly obviously SHE felt she had no other choice but to leave. It seems really out of her control. I remember when this came out too. That is when it was flying around that she was let go. Who knows. Man, I love Hilarie. I read/feel her Energy and it's just so beautiful.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Season 7 Naley was okay outside of Clay taking up so much of Nathan's time and then the false accusations that he knocked someone up. Then there was Haley's depression too. It was an okay season for Naley but it goes back to Clay for me. Mark wanted him to be the new Lucas so he stole a ton of scenes, he took Nathan away from Haley quite a bit. Clay is also the worst sports agent on the planet and Nathan gets into trouble for trusting his stupid butt. I didn't know Leigh hated Clay too. Great minds. Yes, he was horrible. I feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about Clay. Hate! LOL It drove me crazy that Taylor was shoved aside. So many fans complained about that. It was ridiculous. She was also made to look really bad too in order to pimp Quinn. Wow, I've never heard that about Hilarie and that storyline. Interesting. I do know that Hilarie produced a video explaining in so many words she didn't want to leave OTH. It was a very direct video to her fans. You could kind of read between the lines that is what she was saying. Have you seen the video? I've only heard that rumor about Hilarie being pushed out because Chad didn't resign. Who knows?
This video could explain her leaving because of Lucas being killed off or because she was pushed out the door. What we do know is it's fairly obviously SHE felt she had no other choice but to leave. It seems really out of her control. I remember when this came out too. That is when it was flying around that she was let go. Who knows. Man, I love Hilarie. I read/feel her Energy and it's just so beautiful.
Okay, I haven't watched it so I can't comment on it lol. Leigh didn't find Clay interesting, but I don't think she hated. How did they make her look bad? Seems weird since Taylor as an main character would have added some interesting drama and allowed for someone not to be an serious relationship, Plus no offense to Shantel, but I think they just picked the hottest actress and not the best fit for Haley's older sister since it's really obviously from seeing photos that she is younger than Joy, Lindsay was an much better casting in that area and an better actress too imo.
I think that video was more explaining that the rumours of her wanting out because of money was BS and she was leaving due to wanting try new things career wise, but she definitely more reluctant to leave than Chad was. She admitted that in numerous interviews and even admitted in one that she basically didn't want to Peyton to end up with anyone else.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Right.
Was the BL and JP storylines the only things you didn't like about S2?
Old 09-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Lili Reinhart fires back at 'inappropriate' fan
Old 09-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Was the BL and JP storylines the only things you didn't like about S2?
Yes, pretty much. The lack of Leyton too.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, I haven't watched it so I can't comment on it lol. Leigh didn't find Clay interesting, but I don't think she hated. How did they make her look bad? Seems weird since Taylor as an main character would have added some interesting drama and allowed for someone not to be an serious relationship, Plus no offense to Shantel, but I think they just picked the hottest actress and not the best fit for Haley's older sister since it's really obviously from seeing photos that she is younger than Joy, Lindsay was an much better casting in that area and an better actress too imo.
I think that video was more explaining that the rumours of her wanting out because of money was BS and she was leaving due to wanting try new things career wise, but she definitely more reluctant to leave than Chad was. She admitted that in numerous interviews and even admitted in one that she basically didn't want to Peyton to end up with anyone else.
It could have been a joint decision... like Mark and Hilarie talked and he mentioned possibly killing off Lucas or maybe even giving her a new love interest and it was just decided to have Leyton drive off into the sunset (literally). Who knows. I just never got the impression that Hilarie wanted out. She pretty much says she didn't creatively control what went on and that was the issue, something regarding the show creatively. I guess we'll never truly know but man, there were endless people saying she got let go which is why when supposedly Mark asked her to return for guest spots she was involved with her other show but politely declined. There were rumors flying around that Mark wanted Chad and Hilarie back for guest spots and they kept declining until season 9 with Chad. Those are the things I heard floating around. They made Taylor uncaring initially regarding their mother's illness and death while Quinn looked like a dedicated angel. They just really shoved her away from the family like she was this cold person who didn't care. It was strange and really annoying. It was all to pimp Quinn.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I find that kind of strange. Cole's a big boy, he can defend himself if he wants to. That said, I'm always uncomfortable with these exchanges between actors and fans. That's the main reason why Stephen Amell is not my favorite. He's too involved and gets too pissy when negativity strikes. I need to be even here... if Stephen doing it bothers me, then Lili doing it should too, and it does. I blame both sides. Fans/people think they have way more control over the personal lives of these famous people (we don't know personally and shouldn't care SO much about them since they're really not real people to us, it's a fake celeb thing) and the actors are too involved and sensitive to what the fans think. Sometimes it's fun to analyze from afar. For instance, I find the Sophia Bush thing fascinating as a psychologist... her pattern of dating her co-stars, it's what she does. I wonder why that is... or abruptly leaving a show she starred in, stuff like that is interesting to me to take a look and try to figure out, all the while saying I have absolutely no clue if it's true or not anyway, just talking out loud with a few. However, this direct interaction between fans/people and celebrities and flaming wars verbally is very strange to me on both ends. I just feel like lines are crossed.

ETA: Okay, apparently the fan was a little drunk or something... but the fan didn't try to attack him. Granted, she shouldn't have touched him BUT see this is why I honestly hate Twitter and these other social media places because what happens is these lines get crossed and you honestly think you "know" these people because of this weird intimacy with the celebs who are also gabbing like crazy about their lives too. It's a recipe for crossing lines if you ask me.

Both these points are sound since I do blame both here:

Quote:
The fan's comments really pissed me off. Look, just because they are celebrities does not mean that their privacy needs to be invaded. They work jobs just like everyone else and deserve the same amount of privacy. They're doing something that they love and want to live their lives like everyone else. Give them their space. It's one thing to ask for a photo POLITELY and if they consent then it's okay. It's another thing to run up on them and act crazy. If it were me, she would've received all type of reflexes. Remember, these people are helping you with your lives by providing entertainment to help you escape your reality. Just give them the respect and privacy that they deserve.

Quote:
I don't agree with you. As an entertainer you should learn to handle situations. A show would not continue without supporters so they are not doing us a favor we are doing them a favor. Yes never run up on someone and hug them, that's weird. She was drunk, acting cray but what should get you more mad is this actress defending Cole's behavior. This comes with fame.. he needs to learn to handle it better because as soon as you hit the streets you're recognized. You also are paid millions for being able to deal with these things. Don't be so personal on Twitter or expect large fan support and not think there will be some people who feel like they know you. You are grabbing those millions, learn how to be decent and deal with your privacy being invaded. Stop the social media and learn about the price of fame.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-06-2017 at 05:54 PM
Old 09-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am sorry. It fan entitlement is so crazy. Like who the **** are you to feel like you have ownership over every second of these people's time. It's not Alcon, they aren't filing or doing press. They don't owe you jack. As much as I love twitter for articles an interacting with my friends, it's created a sense of entitlement.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and others has created fan pandering to the largest degree. That's scary enough. There's people who feel like a showrunner HAS to give fandoms what they want or else it's almost illegal. Social media stuff is like a circus without boundaries or rules.

There's also celebrities who have heads the size of the universe due to ego from their fans who allow them to think they walk on water. I've read Twitter accounts from well known celebrities and I know some of the things they say are pure lies only to impress and please their audience and adoring fans. It's like a fantasy world filled with unnatural back and forth. It's bizarre.

I see it as concerning on both sides.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-06-2017 at 08:55 PM
Old 09-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yep. I regularly talk to someone who watches Fire, Med, and casually, PD. She's of the belief her reasoning for leaving (mistreatment) isn't sound based on what she's heard/following the actors like she does. I have no clue because I am not remotely following any of the Chicago shows. I couldn't even tell you who the actors are on Fire and Med minus the one that played Melissa on PLL/TD. There's also that thing like we talked about with Jesse's sister on Twitter too so there has to be a little bit of tense/drama there. Who knows why she truly left and we don't even know why she'd go to the event next year. It doesn't even make sense WHY she'd want to go to that event if supposedly her fellow male actors didn't treat her properly, you know?
Actually it's Chicago franchise event and the only two male actors from Chicago PD are Jesse and Jon Seda. And she signed only for a special Linstead photoshoot with Jesse and meet and greet fans which is just for her. So she is not in the whole event, just a specific event they do for fans which is allowing them to have pictures with Sophia and Jesse. So out of this we know that she has no issues with Jesse basically which does not exclude having issues with other males. She also never said actors. She said males. So she could have issues with producer, writer, director etc.

Quote:
That seems weird. Something doesn't add up. It's like we only know half the story or the story is completely inaccurate to begin with. It doesn't add up.
That is true and it is deliberate IMO. All sides (Chicago PD creative crew, Chicago PD actors, Sophia) do not want to talk about this. If it was a simple reason they would have mentioned it. So yeah something fishy is going there.

Quote:
The one thing we do know is she has a pattern of dating or marrying her co-stars. Man, she married one and dated two on one show in One Tree Hill, lol. She dated one on PD. We know there's rumors she didn't want to be anywhere near Chad on the screen. I have a feeling she obviously didn't take her decision to leave PD lightly. She knows her character was a massive part of the show, and a huge ship as well. I can't imagine she didn't have discussions in some way in order to try and work it out. What I find interesting is how the network so easily let her go it appears.
That is true. She dates her costars. No one can deny that. And she had issues with Chad for sure, but from everything I have seen she had issues only with him. I know that she dated James Lafferty and they follow each other, they even met each other in Chicago while he was there. So she had no issues with him. It seems she has no issues with Jesse as well because like I said in that video Jesse deliberately went in the back to go to her and talk to her. And she did not look uncomfortable talking to him. He was like whispering in her ear and she was nodding and smiling.

So my bet is that she had other reasons to leave that are related to the creative crew and network because like you said they don't seem too beaten up of letting her go.

Quote:
Bottom line... there's just so many dots to connect and it's almost impossible to connect everything and have full understanding.
That's true . We could only speculate.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah. I just looked at Love's body of work and I bet I've watched about 90% of everything she's ever been in. She's just fabulous in the chemistry department with her fellow actors. She's soooooooooooo good. You would think if it was one show or one movie it could be luck but when it's everything I've seen her in the theme is her, both small and large screen. She's just really good. She reminds me of EVC... chemistry is there because of the acting. Love for the win. LOL
It's great when there are actors like that. Of course it sucks a little bit because then you kind of compare any other actor/actress you see with them .
Old 09-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It could have been a joint decision... like Mark and Hilarie talked and he mentioned possibly killing off Lucas or maybe even giving her a new love interest and it was just decided to have Leyton drive off into the sunset (literally). Who knows. I just never got the impression that Hilarie wanted out. She pretty much says she didn't creatively control what went on and that was the issue, something regarding the show creatively. I guess we'll never truly know but man, there were endless people saying she got let go which is why when supposedly Mark asked her to return for guest spots she was involved with her other show but politely declined. There were rumors flying around that Mark wanted Chad and Hilarie back for guest spots and they kept declining until season 9 with Chad. Those are the things I heard floating around. They made Taylor uncaring initially regarding their mother's illness and death while Quinn looked like a dedicated angel. They just really shoved her away from the family like she was this cold person who didn't care. It was strange and really annoying. It was all to pimp Quinn.
I definitely don't think it was an joint decision since Mark thought she would stay and was pretty surprised that she decided. The fact that he had an storyline planned out for Hil/Peyton in S7 shows that he didn't want to leave, even if that meant the end of Leyton. That's the reason imo why they changed what they were doing with Julian in S6 and why Peyton become pregnant so they could still have an piece of Lucas on the show after he died. She didn't want out the way Chad did, but she definitely wasn't going to stay if that meant playing an role she didn't enjoy anymore. Hilarie herself also admitted that they were some stuff she wanted to achieve and that being on the show would have held her back in achieving those things. I just never bought the whole Hil got let go theory, since there are too many things that contradict. That sucks, wasn't Quinn an unpopular character at the start of S7? Remember reading most of the NH fanbase didn't really like her at the start of the season.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, pretty much. The lack of Leyton too.
What did you think of the Naley storyline that season?
Old 09-07-2017, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I definitely don't think it was an joint decision since Mark thought she would stay and was pretty surprised that she decided. The fact that he had an storyline planned out for Hil/Peyton in S7 shows that he didn't want to leave, even if that meant the end of Leyton. That's the reason imo why they changed what they were doing with Julian in S6 and why Peyton become pregnant so they could still have an piece of Lucas on the show after he died. She didn't want out the way Chad did, but she definitely wasn't going to stay if that meant playing an role she didn't enjoy anymore. Hilarie herself also admitted that they were some stuff she wanted to achieve and that being on the show would have held her back in achieving those things. I just never bought the whole Hil got let go theory, since there are too many things that contradict. That sucks, wasn't Quinn an unpopular character at the start of S7? Remember reading most of the NH fanbase didn't really like her at the start of the season.
I guess we'll never know what really happened. All I've heard for years was that she was let go (years, literally since the show ended, it's all I've heard from a majority consensus) and that's why when she was pursued to return more than once she never did, along with being busy too. I guess we don't know the truth in this either because for years the speculation had been Mark wanted both Chad and Hilarie to return in those last seasons but they didn't until Chad did on his own in season 9 (and Mark took it out on Lucas in that episode) During that specific episode discussion thread live, everyone discussed all of this... such as Mark not doing Hilarie right by letting her go, Chad leaving as Hilarie being a package deal, etc. People were frustrated that Hilarie wasn't in the episode too since it was so bad even Brucas fans didn't mind seeing Leyton again since the show had gone off track so much. Thus, why he was pissed and wrote Leyton in a passive aggressive way via Brooke's lines most of the time. You'd have to closely watch seasons 7-9 to see how vividly obvious it is that Mark was taking something out on them. It's very clear he felt frustration regarding something because over and over again he's writing Leyton like they are in bliss alone and don't care about anyone else for the most part. It's strange and obvious. I also can't wrap my brain around Mark ever destroying Leyton and that was the big talk too... he didn't want to have Leyton with anyone else because they HAD to end up together, it was his happy ending for them so I just can't see him wanting them to end tragically and not together. He's stated and maintained in endless interviews Leyton was meant to be/endgame. I don't think he'd ever go against this reality since Leyton was his baby.

I don't really remember what the Naley fans thought of Quinn. I know I disliked her anywhere near Clay and a bit in general too, lol.

ETA: Season 2 Naley I was basically Team Haley. I wanted her to go on that tour. It made sense to me. Didn't like their lack of communication but I was satisfied with Haley going on tour.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-07-2017 at 03:23 AM
Old 09-07-2017, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Actually it's Chicago franchise event and the only two male actors from Chicago PD are Jesse and Jon Seda. And she signed only for a special Linstead photoshoot with Jesse and meet and greet fans which is just for her. So she is not in the whole event, just a specific event they do for fans which is allowing them to have pictures with Sophia and Jesse. So out of this we know that she has no issues with Jesse basically which does not exclude having issues with other males. She also never said actors. She said males. So she could have issues with producer, writer, director etc.

That is true and it is deliberate IMO. All sides (Chicago PD creative crew, Chicago PD actors, Sophia) do not want to talk about this. If it was a simple reason they would have mentioned it. So yeah something fishy is going there.

That is true. She dates her costars. No one can deny that. And she had issues with Chad for sure, but from everything I have seen she had issues only with him. I know that she dated James Lafferty and they follow each other, they even met each other in Chicago while he was there. So she had no issues with him. It seems she has no issues with Jesse as well because like I said in that video Jesse deliberately went in the back to go to her and talk to her. And she did not look uncomfortable talking to him. He was like whispering in her ear and she was nodding and smiling.

So my bet is that she had other reasons to leave that are related to the creative crew and network because like you said they don't seem too beaten up of letting her go.

That's true . We could only speculate.
Something just doesn't add up... most people would never return to anything affiliated with a job that supposedly someone mistreated them in some way. It just doesn't make sense if she felt so strongly and had to leave, why she'd return in any capacity even indirectly to a job she was leaving and made strong accusations against before leaving. Doesn't make sense. Plus, it's weird that these accusations haven't been pursued and followed up either... why isn't the media running with this if there's truth to it? They would be the first to want to bite their teeth in a story like this and get down to the bottom of who mistreated, what happened, etc. Yet it's being swept under the rug for some reason. Plus, if it was so bad it's strange her fellow co-workers wouldn't come out and support her either. There has been nothing like that. Something just doesn't add up, part of the story is missing, or we don't know the true story. I feel this very strongly too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread