Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2017, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
‘Pretty Little Liars’: Marlene King Defends Spencer & Toby’s Ending In Series Finale – Hollywood Life

She didn't have to defend anything. All their scenes were romantic. That scrabble scene was better than any other romantic scene. Spencer had a twin, it would have been strange seeing them making out in front of her!

Spencer/Toby ended up together, we got endgame. That's all that matters. Marlene King has admitted forever that Spoby was her favorite ship. She played it carefully due to the twin story. I don't understand why people need to SEE what we already know. They ended up together and were allowed to take things slowly. They can get engaged, married, children without A or AD tormenting either. Best ending for them.
I honestly thought it was sort of muddy because of the twin. It just would have been nice if they hugged after he figured out that AD was not Spencer. I don't think an engagement/marriage was needed though.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I honestly thought it was sort of muddy because of the twin. It just would have been nice if they hugged after he figured out that AD was not Spencer. I don't think an engagement/marriage was needed though.
The twin delayed everything and rightfully so. I don't think people pay attention to the build up. They were on their way to a reunion for a while now. Why people are just focused on this one episode is strange. It's like they've forgotten about the Spencer/Toby story. We got the scrabble and stables scenes in the series finale (which was so satisfying) but so much build up before this too. Yvonne knew they were still in love. The minute it was decided that Spencer would have the twin they had to be delayed in an official way. MK wouldn't have had them reunited while Alex was manipulating. That would have been horrible. Toby knew who Spencer was in that scene with Alex. Spencer was glowing when the girls were talking about them reunited. It was more than enough for me while putting everything together from the moment they broke up in college until they reunited in the series finale.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
The twin delayed everything and rightfully so. I don't think people pay attention to the build up. They were on their way to a reunion for a while now. Why people are just focused on this one episode is strange. It's like they've forgotten about the Spencer/Toby story. We got the scrabble and stables scenes in the series finale (which was so satisfying) but so much build up before this too. Yvonne knew they were still in love. The minute it was decided that Spencer would have the twin they had to be delayed in an official way. MK wouldn't have had them reunited while Alex was manipulating. That would have been horrible. Toby knew who Spencer was in that scene with Alex. Spencer was glowing when the girls were talking about them reunited. It was more than enough for me while putting everything together from the moment they broke up in college until they reunited in the series finale.
I think its more the fact that some people felt jipped that it had to be Spencer's twin who was AD after everything Spoby had gone through. I missed a lot of episodes and even I was fine with it, but I do get what they meant. They just resented the fact that some of the moments they loved went to AD.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think its more the fact that some people felt jipped that it had to be Spencer's twin who was AD after everything Spoby had gone through. I missed a lot of episodes and even I was fine with it, but I do get what they meant. They just resented the fact that some of the moments they loved went to AD.
I was actually glad the "Can I kiss you?" scene was AD/Alex and not Spencer. I remember thinking the scene was beautiful but Toby was engaged to be married and how inappropriate of Spencer to request something like that, especially since she was a confused mess dating Caleb for a while. It made sense that scene was Alex.

I am glad Spencer had the twin because I think Troian did a beautiful job with it. Not that Sasha couldn't have done wonders with it too but Troian was great. No doubt there's going to be some sort of revival down the road. Spoby will be happily married. I love that Spencer/Toby own scrabble. Scrabble in season 1 right before their first kiss. Scrabble in the series finale before they finally reunite for good. Perfect.

MK could have easily made Toby the villain. He was pretty much a villain in the book series. He was also killed off in the book series. I am just grateful not only did MK not turn him into a villain, but she didn't kill him off, and he and Spencer ended up together. I received way more than I expected given the book series. Even with Mona, too. Mona died in the book series. Mona lived in the TV series. So happy for this too.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I was actually glad the "Can I kiss you?" scene was AD/Alex and not Spencer. I remember thinking the scene was beautiful but Toby was engaged to be married and how inappropriate of Spencer to request something like that, especially since she was a confused mess dating Caleb for a while. It made sense that scene was Alex.

I am glad Spencer had the twin because I think Troian did a beautiful job with it. Not that Sasha couldn't have done wonders with it too but Troian was great. No doubt there's going to be some sort of revival down the road. Spoby will be happily married. I love that Spencer/Toby own scrabble. Scrabble in season 1 right before their first kiss. Scrabble in the series finale before they finally reunite for good. Perfect.

MK could have easily made Toby the villain. He was pretty much a villain in the book series. He was also killed off in the book series. I am just grateful not only did MK not turn him into a villain, but she didn't kill him off, and he and Spencer ended up together. I received way more than I expected given the book series. Even with Mona, too. Mona died in the book series. Mona lived in the TV series. So happy for this too.
I think its different for you cause you always expected him to turn into an adhoc villain. I never wanted that. I think part of why I lost interest in the series is that other than Spencer, the mystery got boring to me. It felt like I was being played with. It's like ooh look its A...........not. Then here is A, but wait there's more. But, while I was happy with the ending, I also understand people wanting more.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think its different for you cause you always expected him to turn into an adhoc villain. I never wanted that. I think part of why I lost interest in the series is that other than Spencer, the mystery got boring to me. It felt like I was being played with. It's like ooh look its A...........not. Then here is A, but wait there's more. But, while I was happy with the ending, I also understand people wanting more.
I expected it because I read stupid spoilers and thought it was a done deal. Prime example that spoilers can be severely misleading. I loved this series for the mystery and insane cast chemistry. I never felt jerked around. We received answers at the appropriate times in all three reveals: Mona, Charlotte, Alex. I do think there was a sense of the audience feeling played with in a loose sense. However, it was deliberate because the characters were played with. It was about relating to the characters. This is a show that you can't take bits and pieces and plaster together for understanding. It all comes together but you have to watch the entire series. The main endgame of this series was the relationship between the girls. That was the point from start to finish. In the end the girls got a happy ending together. We received the most satisfying conclusion as a result.

So for me, I feel like if you watched this series while embracing the premise, the point of the show, the series ended in the most satisfying way possible. If you preferred to watch for one character, one romantic pairing, or romantic pairings in general, it goes without saying you might have wanted more. Then again, you were fighting the premise and point of the show. It has been crystal clear from day 1 that the most important relationship of the series was clearly the four girls. This series was a massive success as a result. Not many shows follow through with the premise and honor it perfectly. This show did and for that reason alone it should be praised.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-14-2017 at 04:48 AM
Old 07-14-2017, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

I just wish I could blame the entirety of the Caleb/Spencer relationship on AD, but sadly that was all her....

I understand the frustration of my fellow Spoby fans. I share it to some extent. I mean, yes the most romantic two scenes of the episode when to OG Spoby, but the hot sexy times that pretty much every Spoby fan was hoping for went to AD. We didn't even get a single kiss between real Spencer and Toby, and while I love the hell out of that Scrabble scene, would it have killed IMK to throw us one tangible bone after every single other couple got multiple scenes of visual gratification throughout the episode?

Besides, fans are notoriously hard to please. I mean, Stydia fans bitched because they didn't kiss enough in the midseason finale, which is kinda stupid when you think about it.

Last edited by The Crow; 07-14-2017 at 06:13 AM
Old 07-14-2017, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Who did she date in the past?
She dated this real d-bag named Jackson. After that, it was basically her going through a ton of disposable boys, and she had a pseudo-relationship with Aiden, an Alpha werewolf who along with his pack, terrorized Scott's pack and killed a couple of them. Originally Lydia was 'distracting' him, but then seemed to actually develop feelings for him as he stopped trying to kill everyone she knew.

After that, it always seemed like they might put her together with Parrish, a Deputy in the Beacon Hills Sheriff's Department, but luckily that never materialized. Then last season we finally got some Stydia action, but the midseason finale ended with everyone going to different colleges, so who knows how the second half will start out.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I just wish I could blame the entirety of the Caleb/Spencer relationship on AD, but sadly that was all her....

I understand the frustration of my fellow Spoby fans. I share it to some extent. I mean, yes the most romantic two scenes of the episode when to OG Spoby, but the hot sexy times that pretty much every Spoby fan was hoping for went to AD. We didn't even get a single kiss between real Spencer and Toby, and while I love the hell out of that Scrabble scene, would it have killed IMK to throw us one tangible bone after every single other couple got multiple scenes of visual gratification throughout the episode?

Besides, fans are notoriously hard to please. I mean, Stydia fans bitched because they didn't kiss enough in the midseason finale, which is kinda stupid when you think about it.
Spencer/Caleb = Spencer mourning Toby and Caleb mourning Hanna.

A kiss would have been nice but for me Troian and Keegan have such great chemistry the Spoby looks throughout the finale were as good as kisses. When you have the chemistry those two actors have a look is everything.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She dated this real d-bag named Jackson. After that, it was basically her going through a ton of disposable boys, and she had a pseudo-relationship with Aiden, an Alpha werewolf who along with his pack, terrorized Scott's pack and killed a couple of them. Originally Lydia was 'distracting' him, but then seemed to actually develop feelings for him as he stopped trying to kill everyone she knew.

After that, it always seemed like they might put her together with Parrish, a Deputy in the Beacon Hills Sheriff's Department, but luckily that never materialized. Then last season we finally got some Stydia action, but the midseason finale ended with everyone going to different colleges, so who knows how the second half will start out.
The pattern shows she never found anything real until Stiles.

Hopefully college only brings them closer together. How many episodes left of the series?
Old 07-14-2017, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

10 I believe.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
10 I believe.
Well, if they plan on messing with them, there's not a lot of time to go there.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

I was messing around on Youtube instead of working, and I decided to look at my history. I remembered my little metal lesson with Michelle a while ago, and I wanted to show that not all that I listen to is what my father deemed "growly music." So here are the last 6 songs that I watched the video to on Youtube.

Kygo and Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me

Highly Suspect - My Name is Human

MISSIO - Middle Fingers

Yes You Are - HGX

Selena Gomez - Bad Liar

Welshly Arms - Legendary
Old 07-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're the boss so you can dictate your work.

And...

Does your mood affect the type of music you listen to? Also, is there a type of music you absolutely hate and would never listen to?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're the boss so you can dictate your work.

And...

Does your mood affect the type of music you listen to? Also, is there a type of music you absolutely hate and would never listen to?
Sometimes my mood affects what I listen to. When I'm in a bad mood or sad I generally listen to upbeat pop type stuff.

As for music I never listen to, I listen to pretty much zero country and almost no rap.