Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Riverdale 1.10 The Lost Weekend

This show keeps getting better and better. It's not remotely in the same category as other teen shows. There's something so unique about this series.

I liked how this episode demonstrated Archie's slow progression to a downward spiral thanks to alcohol setting the stage. Great job by the actor pulling it off. It was good stuff. Archie collapsing on his bed was very real and eye opening. The colors shifting and the spinning of the room showed Archie's state of mind perfectly, like he was in a delirious state.
I still find the character the dullest of everyone on the show, but this was a good episode for the actor. He hit everything right, from Archie's exasperated giving in to Betty to his drunken party antics.

Quote:
I can relate to Jughead so much with his severe introversion and outsider personality. I am less obvious about it than Jug but oh man can I relate to how he feels. Betty tried so hard to give him the perfect birthday. It wasn't her fault that Cheryl, Chuck and company crashed the party. Although I really wish Archie would have slammed the door in their faces. Still, Betty had no idea those creeps would show up. She tried. My heart went out to both Jughead and Betty when they had a fight.
I was torn. Yes Betty was trying to give Jughead the perfect birthday, but it was her version of the perfect birthday. Archie repeatedly told her that Jughead wouldn't want a part. Jughead repeatedly told her that he wouldn't want a party. She did it anyway.

Quote:
Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse have great chemistry together. Their chemistry is not showy, in your face... it's very real, soft, and natural. I love it so much. The tender moments they share together are sweet, and while Jughead was right objectively, the fact that they're so different is still a massive reason as to why they work. They are so great together. I hope they stick because their realness with that amazing chemistry is such a stable force on the show.
This was the first episode where I actually saw/felt that chemistry. Maybe it was because Jughead was doing something besides passively observing everything in the semi-daze that he seems to default to. I don't know. But I actually was glad when he went back and made things right with Betty, and not just because I wanted Betty happy.

Quote:
Lili Reinhart has a beautiful voice. However, when Betty was singing to Jughead you could directly parallel her need to be perfect/in control as it tied into her realness/darkness. Her eyes looked glazed over, not that I care about that since Lili's eyes = breathtaking in color... but definitely something seemed off during that moment. She really was in "determined to make this perfect" mode.
You're definitely not wrong in that description of Lili.

Quote:
Hated seeing Cheryl team up with Chuck... why? Only because Veronica and Betty "defeated" her at school while dancing? Lame. Cheryl, remember what Chuck is all about? Stupid move. Why Ethel has forgiven him is beyond me. FP Jones did the right thing throwing him out. I loved when he took control and did right for his son and his friends. Chuck didn't need to admit Betty's state during the interrogation with Veronica. He's a sick prick, clearly loving to dominate women. I LOVED when Betty slapped him across the face and Jughead got in a punch too. Sweet.
Cheryl seems like the sort to have an entire list of real and imagined slights for every person in her life. I'm sure that this was about all of them. Besides, I got the idea that the dance off was the last straw. I think that Archie rejecting her last week was combined with the general dislike she has for Veronica and led to horribleness. I want to like Cheryl as a villain, but aligning with Chuck was pretty unforgivable. No matter what she feels for Archie and the gang, teaming up with someone of Chuck's reprehensible personality is a step too far. His severely misogynistic view of women alone should have precluded him as a conspirator.

Quote:
I also loved when FP Jones instructed Jughead to get back in there and make things right with Betty. He was in father mode during that scene and it was so nice to see. He knew what his son needed and he helped him get there.
I liked him the whole episode. He's one of the more intriguing characters on the show. Most of the time you have to wonder if he's sincere in the things he's saying, or working an angle. I took him at face value in that moment. He saw a chance to improve his son's life using his own past experience as example, an he took it.

Quote:
Veronica: Exactly. But did you love him maybe in ways a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he chose Polly over you, so you shot him between the eyes with one of your father's many hunting rifles.
Kevin: This is riveting. I. Can't. Breathe.
That sums up the audiences thoughts nicely I think.

Quote:
I still love Valerie and she was 100% justified dumping Archie and remaining icy with him at the party... yet, I don't get why she was at his house. He was idiotic all drunk trying to get her to forgive him but maybe she shouldn't have attended a party he was hosting then, lol. That was kind of weird.
I thought that was weird too. She doesn't seem like the type to hook up with someone solely to punish/taunt an ex, so there was no real reason for her to be there...outside of the writers needing her there for Archie to drunkenly accost.

Quote:
I have to say, I was waiting to see how I'd feel about Archie and Veronica. I liked their romantic moments in this one. I hope they only made out and didn't have sex. I don't think they did because Archie was on the floor when she woke up. I also loved the Veronica/Jughead exchange when Veronica came downstairs and the Jughead/Archie interaction about Veronica too. I do like Archie/Veronica together. Someone mentioned the comics have always been about Betty chasing Archie, Archie chasing Veronica, and Veronica chasing no one. Archie going to Betty only when Veronica is rejecting him. Then there's the special friendship/mild romance between Betty and Jughead in the comics. Betty is the only girl Jughead ever considered. To be honest, the showrunner is closely following the comics with the probable two main pairings in Betty/Jughead and Veronica/Archie. I kind of hope these pairings remain on the show since it does mostly honor the comics and even putting the comics aside, I really like both pairings. I love Betty/Jughead and Veronica/Archie are growing on me. Of course, my favorite dynamic is Betty/Veronica but if all three function strongly throughout the series I'm good.
Well, I can't comment on the comics that much because the Archie comics I read when I was a kid were my dad's old comics from the 60's, and there was no hint of anything between Betty and Jughead in those. In fact, he was often paired up with Ethel if he was paired with anyone. They did follow that pattern you mentioned though. I remember even then wondering why Betty even liked Archie when he only talked to her when Veronica wouldn't talk to him.

As for a romance on the show...I'm resigned to it. I think that Veronica (and Betty for that matter) are too good for Archie as he is now. Maybe this will all be a catalyst for him to stop wallowing the his life and actually make a more mature turn. I thought he was tasking a step in that direction when he started going out with Valerie, but that proved to be a momentary thing.

As for their interaction in this episode specifically...throughout the series so far, I've always understood why Archie wanted to kiss the people he has kissed. I've just never understood why those women want to kiss him. For the first time, I understood why in this episode, but it wasn't really because of Archie's qualities as a person. It was more wanting comfort and commiserating over their dysfunctional families. Also, I don't think they did more than some light to heavy making out because Veronica was fully clothed in that bed. I just don't believe that she and Archie would've had sex and then she completely redressed and kicked him out of the bed. Plus, I think if she had actually done the deed with him she'd have felt compelled to tell Betty about it, for better or worse. I'm surprised she didn't tell her about kissing him again at the end.

Quote:
I felt sorry for Veronica when her dad basically blackmailed her to say good stuff about him. Glad the pearls showed back up even if it was only because she helped him. I do believe Hermione is overall a good person.
So, does she have another necklace, or did she spend the time to round up all those individual pearls off the bathroom floor after her breakdown?

I felt sorry for her too. I have long suspected her dad was a horrible person, and it's very sad to see Veronica find this out for certain. I too think that Hermione is at heart a good person, so I'm glad that Veronica has one good parent, but I'm sad that realizing that made her feel as if she had to buckle to the blackmail to protect her mom.

Quote:
Like I said above, Archie hitting the bottle over his parents finalizing their divorce made sense. Both Veronica and Archie are struggling with major parent issues. It makes sense they'd be drawn to each other. However, there's been foreshadowing for a while now that Archie/Veronica would get together.
Like I said, I'm resigned to it, just like I'm sure you're resigned to the fact that at some point B/J are most likely going to break up, and she's going to date Archie. I'd love for the show to break completely out of the mold of the comics, but I just don't see that happening. It just wouldn't be an Archie show without at least a perfunctory attempt at the classic love triangle.

I just hope that Archie gets better. It's like on One Tree Hill. I'd have never wanted Haley with the Nathan that existed at the first of season 1, but he eventually evolved into a pretty good person. While Archie isn't as bad as that, he does have a ways to go before I ship him with any character I actually like.

Quote:
The one thing I didn't like though was Veronica going to Betty the next morning and behaving like she's guilty for kissing/sleeping in Archie's room with him. She better tell Betty about romantic moments with Archie. First off, she has nothing to feel guilty over. It's also clear Betty is fully 100% content with Jughead. Things have changed. Betty and Veronica better communicate and not allow secrets and lies to get in the way of their friendship.
I didn't like that either. As I said, it was obvious that kissing (and maybe a little groping) was all that happened, so I don't understand why she didn't say anything. Especially since Jughead caught her coming down the stairs that morning.

Quote:
Glad Veronica has decided to join them with the murder mystery. The way she figured out what happened with the Blossoms and her father has me seriously convinced she's going to be a great addition to the Betty/Jughead detective team.
Me too. Now maybe it won't feel like she and Kevin are on their own separate show anymore.

Quote:
Alice is Nancy Drew as well. I loved the scenes of Alice with the binoculars and her confronting FP Jones. She knows something is going on. Great reveal that she was a Serpent too. I bet she's going to reveal before anyone that Kevin is being used for information.
I'm worried that this new and improved Alice is going to end up being a facade, but for now I'm enjoying her. Maybe she'll have a torrid affair with her old buddy.

Quote:
Hello, Molly Ringwald! Archie is going to be really twisted over her return, especially since he chose his dad over his mom to live with two years ago. Cheryl psychologically broke down why Archie went for his teacher though... I do think it was mom issues.
It'll be interesting.

That reference reminds me: why did Arche and the gang go for Cheryl and Chuck's 'game' in the first place? It's Archie's house, so he could kick them out at any time, so the fact that they just sat back and passively let C & C roll over them annoys me. At least Veronica fought back. I think that Cheryl has made a huge mistake by making an enemy out of Veronica, because she seems to be the only person in the entire town that is possessed with the fortitude to take that demon down a peg or two.

Quote:
- F.P.'s claim that "these kids are more on the ball than the sheriff" is actually bang on.
As is usually the case on shows like this. Of course, they don't have to work with the entire Blossom family scrutinizing their every move like the sheriff does.

Quote:
- Ethel gave Jughead a slice of his (hamburger-shaped) birthday cake. Fun nod to Big Ethel having a massive crush on him in the comics.
Nice that she's part of the inner circle.

Quote:
- Loved the crown sweater that Betty wore to Jughead's surprise party.
That was great. Seems like a nice merch tie-in for the show.

Quote:
Great episode, it might be my favorite one yet. So glad I decided to give this series a try. Also, I appreciate that it's not a typical teen show, not even close.
I enjoyed the episode was well. I'm hoping this one is the signal that we're going back more to the Betty and Veronica friendship, and maybe Veronica and Archie can bang out a quick relationship so they can get that over with...
Old 04-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I still find the character the dullest of everyone on the show, but this was a good episode for the actor. He hit everything right, from Archie's exasperated giving in to Betty to his drunken party antics.
That's precisely how I feel.

Quote:
I was torn. Yes Betty was trying to give Jughead the perfect birthday, but it was her version of the perfect birthday. Archie repeatedly told her that Jughead wouldn't want a part. Jughead repeatedly told her that he wouldn't want a party. She did it anyway.
She definitely was warned. I just think she thought it was going to be the three of them plus Kevin and Veronica and his father. She never planned on those others showing up. That's when it got totally out of control. I guess she should have realized a lot could go wrong.

Quote:
This was the first episode where I actually saw/felt that chemistry. Maybe it was because Jughead was doing something besides passively observing everything in the semi-daze that he seems to default to. I don't know. But I actually was glad when he went back and made things right with Betty, and not just because I wanted Betty happy.
Awesome, you're liking them more.

When he cupped her hands and kissed them... wow, so freaken sweet. Then he took off his hat... both were so vulnerable and they didn't care because they trusted each other.

Quote:
You're definitely not wrong in that description of Lili.
Right? Her eyes are this spectacular shade. Sometimes they look purple almost, the color is so unique. I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful shade. Just gorgeous.

Quote:
Cheryl seems like the sort to have an entire list of real and imagined slights for every person in her life. I'm sure that this was about all of them. Besides, I got the idea that the dance off was the last straw. I think that Archie rejecting her last week was combined with the general dislike she has for Veronica and led to horribleness. I want to like Cheryl as a villain, but aligning with Chuck was pretty unforgivable. No matter what she feels for Archie and the gang, teaming up with someone of Chuck's reprehensible personality is a step too far. His severely misogynistic view of women alone should have precluded him as a conspirator.
Exactly. She crossed the line teaming up with that poor excuse. It sucks because I loved that Cheryl/Betty scene in that earlier episode when they exposed Chuck.

Quote:
I liked him the whole episode. He's one of the more intriguing characters on the show. Most of the time you have to wonder if he's sincere in the things he's saying, or working an angle. I took him at face value in that moment. He saw a chance to improve his son's life using his own past experience as example, an he took it.
I'm holding out hope that he's working with the feds somehow. Even if he's not, I still don't think he's a bad guy. He clearly loves his son. Skeet plays him to perfection. I'm constantly pulling for the character.

Quote:
That sums up the audiences thoughts nicely I think.
I'm glad it was stated because it's unrealistic Cheryl never would have been teased about this before. It's so obvious this sibling dynamic was weird and continues to be weird through Cheryl.

Quote:
I thought that was weird too. She doesn't seem like the type to hook up with someone solely to punish/taunt an ex, so there was no real reason for her to be there...outside of the writers needing her there for Archie to drunkenly accost.
That's precisely why she was there, I think... just to help the writers along. So stupid, though. I don't even really blame Archie for thinking maybe they had a chance to work things out since she showed up. He got all excited when he saw her which made sense. Why wouldn't he? I can see why he might have thought there was hope since she showed up at his house. I don't know how she expected him to just ignore her without seeing if she was there to work things out or at least be friendly with him again.

Quote:
Well, I can't comment on the comics that much because the Archie comics I read when I was a kid were my dad's old comics from the 60's, and there was no hint of anything between Betty and Jughead in those. In fact, he was often paired up with Ethel if he was paired with anyone. They did follow that pattern you mentioned though. I remember even then wondering why Betty even liked Archie when he only talked to her when Veronica wouldn't talk to him.
I'm confused over this too... people have been showing comics on the Riverdale board of Betty and Jughead in this sort of gray zone. He still loves his food, lol, but it's insinuated that she holds a special place in his heart which is huge since typically he doesn't care about romantic stuff. Yes, Archie definitely always preferred Veronica it seems. Betty was his second choice, comfortable choice while he chased Veronica.

Quote:
As for a romance on the show...I'm resigned to it. I think that Veronica (and Betty for that matter) are too good for Archie as he is now. Maybe this will all be a catalyst for him to stop wallowing the his life and actually make a more mature turn. I thought he was tasking a step in that direction when he started going out with Valerie, but that proved to be a momentary thing.

As for their interaction in this episode specifically...throughout the series so far, I've always understood why Archie wanted to kiss the people he has kissed. I've just never understood why those women want to kiss him. For the first time, I understood why in this episode, but it wasn't really because of Archie's qualities as a person. It was more wanting comfort and commiserating over their dysfunctional families. Also, I don't think they did more than some light to heavy making out because Veronica was fully clothed in that bed. I just don't believe that she and Archie would've had sex and then she completely redressed and kicked him out of the bed. Plus, I think if she had actually done the deed with him she'd have felt compelled to tell Betty about it, for better or worse. I'm surprised she didn't tell her about kissing him again at the end.
I feel like if anyone can sort of "straighten out" Archie it's Veronica. She doesn't seem to take sht. I think she already sort of keeps him in line a bit. Naturally, he wants to show her emotional honesty, it's like he has no other choice either because she can see right through it anyway.

Quote:
So, does she have another necklace, or did she spend the time to round up all those individual pearls off the bathroom floor after her breakdown?

I felt sorry for her too. I have long suspected her dad was a horrible person, and it's very sad to see Veronica find this out for certain. I too think that Hermione is at heart a good person, so I'm glad that Veronica has one good parent, but I'm sad that realizing that made her feel as if she had to buckle to the blackmail to protect her mom.
What a horrible situation, indeed. One of the best parts of the episode was when Veronica asked that guy if her dad and then mom were good people. That scene just sticks out because it's so raw and real. I was relieved when he said good things about her mom. I do believe Hermione has been caught up in the family business and has had to make some shady decisions but overall, she's definitely decent and certainly loves her daughter.

Quote:
Like I said, I'm resigned to it, just like I'm sure you're resigned to the fact that at some point B/J are most likely going to break up, and she's going to date Archie. I'd love for the show to break completely out of the mold of the comics, but I just don't see that happening. It just wouldn't be an Archie show without at least a perfunctory attempt at the classic love triangle.

I just hope that Archie gets better. It's like on One Tree Hill. I'd have never wanted Haley with the Nathan that existed at the first of season 1, but he eventually evolved into a pretty good person. While Archie isn't as bad as that, he does have a ways to go before I ship him with any character I actually like.
Exactly. They'll definitely break up, at least for a while. I just hope the foundation B/J have built will keep them strong and they'll find a way back to each other.

Good Nathan comparison... that's the thing with Veronica and Archie... it just seems like they're writing him in a way where he's with someone and then looking in the direction of another girl as well. I hope maybe it will be different with Veronica but who knows.

Quote:
I didn't like that either. As I said, it was obvious that kissing (and maybe a little groping) was all that happened, so I don't understand why she didn't say anything. Especially since Jughead caught her coming down the stairs that morning.
I wonder if Veronica thinks Betty still pines for Archie? It's just weird because she sees how much Betty has fallen for Jughead. Yes, please, Veronica, tell Betty very quickly about your romantic interaction with Archie. You did nothing wrong, Betty will be fine.

Quote:
Me too. Now maybe it won't feel like she and Kevin are on their own separate show anymore.
LOL True.

Quote:
I'm worried that this new and improved Alice is going to end up being a facade, but for now I'm enjoying her. Maybe she'll have a torrid affair with her old buddy.
Bring it.

Yes, this new version of Alice I really like. I hope she sticks around.

Quote:
It'll be interesting.

That reference reminds me: why did Arche and the gang go for Cheryl and Chuck's 'game' in the first place? It's Archie's house, so he could kick them out at any time, so the fact that they just sat back and passively let C & C roll over them annoys me. At least Veronica fought back. I think that Cheryl has made a huge mistake by making an enemy out of Veronica, because she seems to be the only person in the entire town that is possessed with the fortitude to take that demon down a peg or two.
I love when Veronica fought back. She's so awesome.

Yes, it was weird how Archie just let them roll in on... even Jughead could have said they were not coming in. Very strange both Archie and Jughead just let them walk in. Both Archie and Jughead defended Betty overall but none of this even had to happen if Archie would have told them to GTFO from the start.

Quote:
As is usually the case on shows like this. Of course, they don't have to work with the entire Blossom family scrutinizing their every move like the sheriff does.
Exactly.

Quote:
Nice that she's part of the inner circle.

That was great. Seems like a nice merch tie-in for the show.
Love these bits.

Quote:
I enjoyed the episode was well. I'm hoping this one is the signal that we're going back more to the Betty and Veronica friendship, and maybe Veronica and Archie can bang out a quick relationship so they can get that over with...

My question is why haven't more people found this show? Did you see the ratings for the last episode? They suck. It's really disappointing. Thankfully, Netflix is involved because apparently good ratings are happening in this area. But regular ratings are really bad. People are already hoping that Netflix just picks the show up automatically after season 2. This show is really unique. It's a shame more people aren't finding it.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-15-2017 at 08:40 AM
Old 04-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Have any of you watched the Catch? I just caught an episode on TV and it doesn't seem that bad. Peter Kraus (Parenthood and one of my favorites the Lost Room) is in it.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I've never seen or heard of it. What's it about?
Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've never seen or heard of it. What's it about?
It's about a PI woman that had a relationship with someone that turns out to be con man and she was his last job basically.

In general it doesn't sound bad, but the showrunner is Shonda Rhimes and I do not enjoy her style of writing. I mean she does something that looks good and once I've watched like 1 season I am totally fed with it. I think that she has great initial ideas, but I do not like the way she goes overtime in developing them. Her shows always have some romantic couple that you are supposed to root for, but I do not like the way she writes love stories.

So I will skip on it.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It's about a PI woman that had a relationship with someone that turns out to be con man and she was his last job basically.

In general it doesn't sound bad, but the showrunner is Shonda Rhimes and I do not enjoy her style of writing. I mean she does something that looks good and once I've watched like 1 season I am totally fed with it. I think that she has great initial ideas, but I do not like the way she goes overtime in developing them. Her shows always have some romantic couple that you are supposed to root for, but I do not like the way she writes love stories.

So I will skip on it.
Got it. That's a good idea to skip it then. You understand her pattern.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Pretty Little Liars final 10 episodes of the series starts this coming Tuesday

marlene-king-on-if-fans-will-be-happy-with-where-the-ships-leave-off

I can't wait!

Glad The Flash is off until next Tuesday. Next Tuesday will be packed when I have Pretty Little Liars, The Flash, and Prison Break all on. DVR will be busy!

Really want PLL to end nicely. I can still pop on this series on Netflix, any season, and watch the episodes. I just want a satisfying ending so it doesn't spoil the rewatches in the future. I think I will overall be satisfied with the ships. I think what MK was referring to when she said most people will be satisfied she meant because Emily and Alison end up together, not Emily and Paige. But Haleb, Ezria, and Spoby end up together.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Got it. That's a good idea to skip it then. You understand her pattern.
Yep, pretty much . I have tried her shows and I do not enjoy them in the long run.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I can't wait!

Glad The Flash is off until next Tuesday. Next Tuesday will be packed when I have Pretty Little Liars, The Flash, and Prison Break all on. DVR will be busy!

Really want PLL to end nicely. I can still pop on this series on Netflix, any season, and watch the episodes. I just want a satisfying ending so it doesn't spoil the rewatches in the future. I think I will overall be satisfied with the ships. I think what MK was referring to when she said most people will be satisfied she meant because Emily and Alison end up together, not Emily and Paige. But Haleb, Ezria, and Spoby end up together.
How many episodes were left again? Was it 10 or more? I hope that you will like the ending!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I can't wait!

I'm toying with the idea of watching the final 10 episodes, but I haven't decided yet.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
How many episodes were left again? Was it 10 or more? I hope that you will like the ending!
Thanks!

Yes, 10 episodes left of the entire series.

Quote:
Want to know more about the final 10 episode of ‘Pretty Little Liars’? Well, you’re in luck because HollywoodLife.com talked EXCLUSIVELY with the cast at the series wrap party, and they revealed a lot about what’s to come! Check it out.

We can’t believe the final 10 episodes of Pretty Little Liars will start airing tomorrow, April 18. We’re sure you’re counting down the hours — just like us — so to hold you over until then, we have some major spoilers for you to enjoy! Recently, we asked the cast to spill juicy details on what’s to come, and they were more than happy to do so. See how they described the final season below!

“Epic. I looooove the last season. I am so excited for fans to see it,” Troian Bellisario told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY at the series wrap party, while Ashley Benson added that the final 10 episodes are, “really intense, crazy, shocking, [with] huge twists and turns. It’s going to be really, really great.”

Meanwhile, Shay Mitchell described the episodes as “the most insane. All of your questions will be answered, [so] don’t blink!” (Don’t worry — we won’t!)

Furthermore, Sasha Pieterse told us the final episodes are “disturbing and exciting. There’s so much love in them too, though. I think it’s ending in a very magical way. I think [executive producer] Marlene [King] and the writers did such a good job tying everything together. But not only that. They really listened to the fans and what they wanted. I think they’ve incorporated everything, so it’s exciting. I think it’s going to be bittersweet for the fans. It is sad, but PLL will live on.”

Of course, we also wanted to know what to expect from the series finale, so we went right to Marlene and asked her! She told us, “[The series finale is] very big. It’s very twisted. There are a lot of surprises, a lot of answers, a lot of revelations. I think it’s everything we’ve tried to do wrapped up into 10 episodes, and then wrapped up into that final 2-hour episode,” while Lucy Hale added that the ending is “very satisfying. Usually with our finales, we leave fans hanging. But this time, we leave everyone satisfied. Of course, there may be some new questions, but you’ll get the answers you’ve been looking for. It’s long too — it’s two-hours, so there’s a lot that happens. And there’s a wedding.”

Hmm… could Aria and Ezra (Ian Harding) finally be getting married? Our fingers are crossed!
credit ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast Drops Spoilers On Final 10 Episodes — They’re ‘Epic’ - Hollywood Life
I love hearing the word "satisfying" and without some shocking ending. I heard the last ten episodes are basically a big love letter to the fans. I think it's going to be good.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I'm toying with the idea of watching the final 10 episodes, but I haven't decided yet.
The first minute of the premiere. Will put in tags:

Spoiler:

Would love it if you'd watch. I can answer any questions you have if you decide to go there.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, 10 episodes left of the entire series.

I love hearing the word "satisfying" and without some shocking ending. I heard the last ten episodes are basically a big love letter to the fans. I think it's going to be good.
What matters more to you - to have conclusion of the overall mystery or to have conclusion on the romantic couples?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What matters more to you - to have conclusion of the overall mystery or to have conclusion on the romantic couples?
Mystery... but I only say that because I know I will also receive the conclusion to the romantic couples too.

I'm not worried about the romantic couples because I know I'll be satisfied:

1. Hanna/Caleb, I've loved from day 1. They've been my OTP of the series. I have confidence they will be together. They already are reunited actually so for me it's about if they get married or not. I kind of think they will. Ashley Benson who plays Hanna was totally pissed off when they broke up during the time jump in season 6. She was actually livid. She ships the pairing as much as the fans do, lol. Marlene King (showrunner) had to basically calm her down and tell her it was going to be okay. So if she was upset over a break up, she would be going out of her mind if Hanna/Caleb don't get the happy ending. She seems very happy about the series finale which has to mean she's happy about where Hanna/Caleb end up.

2. Spencer/Toby, this is my second favorite ship and in many ways they are tied with Haleb as my favorite. Actually, I put Haleb and Spoby tied as my favorite ships. Now, their situation is a bit touchy. They are not romantically reunited just yet but there's all kinds of proof that they are still in love. So I have strong hope for them too to reunite for good. They better, anyway! I can't see them not ending up together. Too much love and history there.

3. Aria/Ezra... I've grown to like this pairing. Definitely not your traditional pairing to say the least. They are in a touchy situation too... he was engaged to someone else who he thought was killed by terrorists. Aria was with someone else but with Aria and Ezra, they always find a way... they just are drawn to each other. Aria broke up with the guy she was seeing and Aria/Ezra reunite but of course a little later, we find out the girl Ezra was seeing and thought was dead actually survived. So we'll have to sort out the Aria/Ezra/Nicole situation but I think Aria/Ezra will prevail.

4. Emily's romantic life has always been up and down. She's gay and has definitely had her share of very hot women for girlfriends. Anyway, there's two girls though she's loved the most... Paige and Alison. Paige and Emily, I liked and thought they were ending up together but things got all screwed up with them when Paige moved to California. They reunited during the time jump/during college. However, Emily's dad died and Emily then broke away from everyone due to the pain over the loss. So they broke up. However, Emily's first love has always been Alison. Alison was cruel and mean to all the girls while they were growing up. In the books she's the actual sociopath/murderer/villain of the books. The TV show has Alison as changed and redeemed though... in the books her twin sister was good, on the show her half sister was the crazy/bad one. So this was tweaked. Anyway, it's obvious Emily and Alison are going to end up together on the show. Alison is pregnant with twins and AD (villain) actually caused the pregnancy by stealing Emily's eggs (she was helping out a mother/family get pregnant for financial reasons) and implanted them in Alison. So Emily and Alison will have two children together and are going to end up together.

Thus, as you can see I am feeling good about the ships above. Then again, ultimately my biggest ship is the friendship between the girls and I strongly feel like they will stay close at the end of the series.

So it's all about the mystery for me, getting answers, receiving a satisfying conclusion. According to the cast, the fans will get answers and love the conclusion of the mystery. I hope they are right.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The first minute of the premiere. Will put in tags:

Spoiler:

Would love it if you'd watch. I can answer any questions you have if you decide to go there.
I probably will watch, for morbid curiosity if nothing else. I loved that show once upon a time, so maybe I'll enjoy the swan song.