Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2021, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It did
Awesome!
Old 02-14-2021, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

More Riverdale thoughts

This feels like a completely different show. The characters make sense/motivations are easily understood. The major conflict of the season isn’t something that the writers conjured up out of the blue, and actually has some buildup too. Wow. For once, I understand who everyone is and and the story seems grounded in some sort of reality. Miracle.

Archie and Toni were the stand outs for me. I loved their interaction. Archie seems a lot more mature and level headed, Toni... yes, I’ve wanted this for so long. The actress is amazing too. Kevin/Fangs made it and I’m betting that one is the father of Toni’s baby. I like that Sweet Pea is around too.

Archie's PTSD dream being a mix of actual war and football was actually a great idea. Summed it up without dragging it out. Made perfect sense on a character level too. Plus Betty's nightmare with the TBK was directed in such a creepy manner, and the body parts. Ugh.

Betty's trauma from her kidnapping is an interesting route for the character considering all that she went through. She’s been through hell with killers in high school (in her family!) and then is put through two weeks of hell in the present too.

Veronica actively fighting becoming her mother even though she practically married her father sucks. She married her father and Hermione knows this so why encourage her daughter to go on the same path?

Jughead is like a slightly more functional version of his father (even like his grandfather) and that definitely hurts. He’s really messed up. Got played by that woman too. You just know we haven’t seen the last of her or his debt collectors, etc.

Cheryl looks pathetic. Her grandmother actually looks evil now. Seems like she has taken advantage of the situation and is forcing Cheryl to do things like theft. Bizarre.

Reggie is a moron. Then again, it actually makes sense given his abusive father. From a psychological perspective, it makes sense he would try to find a father figure that sort of resembles his abusive father. Hiram is the perfect choice in his screwed up mind.

This episode really did remind me of Stephen King’s It. They all endured hell while in their small town growing up, moved away, most became sort of successful but none of them are the least bit happy. The main character calls them all back together to their hometown and they have to essentially save the town.

Squeaky Fromme indirectly entered the episode. Death cult possibility tying it to The Manson Family?

Glad Pop Tate is okay! Can’t wait to see more of Tabitha Tate.

Saving Private Ryan was Archie’s story. Betty’s Silence of the Lambs parallels were excessive, her therapist’s name is Dr. Starling. Veronica’s helicopter accident happened while they were on their way to “Marsha’s Vineyard,” LOL. Want her husband removed. Like hearing about Katy Keene. Hope Betty’s cat, Coffee, is safe with that horrible guy. You could tell he was a bad prick just based on how he addressed Charles. It’s like he took pleasure in reminding Betty that her brother turned out being a serial killer, just like her father.

Cheryl is either totally insane or she's playing some sort of role. She just looks absolutely miserable. Be free from your crazy grandmother! I’ve researched the Winchester story before. Cheryl is basically Sarah Winchester. It would be a fun twist if her mother gets out of prison and saved her.

Notice TBK is a takeoff of the BTK killer.

I still find it completely hard to believe that none of them have talked to each other in seven years. I guess we don’t know officially if that’s the case but given their reactions to Archie calling them it seems like they have not been talking much, if at all. I just find it completely unrealistic that at least one combination between the four haven’t somewhat kept in touch.

Few ?s:

Who is the father of Toni’s baby? Kevin or Fangs?
Who is the Lonely Highway killer?
Where’s Mary Andrews? Chicago? Have mother/son kept in touch?
How long have the Ghoulies been back in Riverdale… and Archie’s house for that matter?
What does Tom Keller do all day?

Predictable and likely: Glenn is the Trashbag Killer.

All in all, great setup episode and I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
More Riverdale thoughts

This feels like a completely different show. The characters make sense/motivations are easily understood. The major conflict of the season isn’t something that the writers conjured up out of the blue, and actually has some buildup too. Wow. For once, I understand who everyone is and and the story seems grounded in some sort of reality. Miracle.

Archie and Toni were the stand outs for me. I loved their interaction. Archie seems a lot more mature and level headed, Toni... yes, I’ve wanted this for so long. The actress is amazing too. Kevin/Fangs made it and I’m betting that one is the father of Toni’s baby. I like that Sweet Pea is around too.

Archie's PTSD dream being a mix of actual war and football was actually a great idea. Summed it up without dragging it out. Made perfect sense on a character level too. Plus Betty's nightmare with the TBK was directed in such a creepy manner, and the body parts. Ugh.

Betty's trauma from her kidnapping is an interesting route for the character considering all that she went through. She’s been through hell with killers in high school (in her family!) and then is put through two weeks of hell in the present too.

Veronica actively fighting becoming her mother even though she practically married her father sucks. She married her father and Hermione knows this so why encourage her daughter to go on the same path?

Jughead is like a slightly more functional version of his father (even like his grandfather) and that definitely hurts. He’s really messed up. Got played by that woman too. You just know we haven’t seen the last of her or his debt collectors, etc.

Cheryl looks pathetic. Her grandmother actually looks evil now. Seems like she has taken advantage of the situation and is forcing Cheryl to do things like theft. Bizarre.

Reggie is a moron. Then again, it actually makes sense given his abusive father. From a psychological perspective, it makes sense he would try to find a father figure that sort of resembles his abusive father. Hiram is the perfect choice in his screwed up mind.

This episode really did remind me of Stephen King’s It. They all endured hell while in their small town growing up, moved away, most became sort of successful but none of them are the least bit happy. The main character calls them all back together to their hometown and they have to essentially save the town.

Squeaky Fromme indirectly entered the episode. Death cult possibility tying it to The Manson Family?

Glad Pop Tate is okay! Can’t wait to see more of Tabitha Tate.

Saving Private Ryan was Archie’s story. Betty’s Silence of the Lambs parallels were excessive, her therapist’s name is Dr. Starling. Veronica’s helicopter accident happened while they were on their way to “Marsha’s Vineyard,” LOL. Want her husband removed. Like hearing about Katy Keene. Hope Betty’s cat, Coffee, is safe with that horrible guy. You could tell he was a bad prick just based on how he addressed Charles. It’s like he took pleasure in reminding Betty that her brother turned out being a serial killer, just like her father.

Cheryl is either totally insane or she's playing some sort of role. She just looks absolutely miserable. Be free from your crazy grandmother! I’ve researched the Winchester story before. Cheryl is basically Sarah Winchester. It would be a fun twist if her mother gets out of prison and saved her.

Notice TBK is a takeoff of the BTK killer.

I still find it completely hard to believe that none of them have talked to each other in seven years. I guess we don’t know officially if that’s the case but given their reactions to Archie calling them it seems like they have not been talking much, if at all. I just find it completely unrealistic that at least one combination between the four haven’t somewhat kept in touch.

Few ?s:

Who is the father of Toni’s baby? Kevin or Fangs?
Who is the Lonely Highway killer?
Where’s Mary Andrews? Chicago? Have mother/son kept in touch?
How long have the Ghoulies been back in Riverdale… and Archie’s house for that matter?
What does Tom Keller do all day?

Predictable and likely: Glenn is the Trashbag Killer.

All in all, great setup episode and I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.
I definitely think Glen is the Hefty Bag Killer.

Also, Archie's house looks like a crackden.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I definitely think Glen is the Hefty Bag Killer.

Also, Archie's house looks like a crackden.
LOL. It really does.

Yes, he’s involved. They wouldn’t have inserted in the brother part... that was psychological torment. Plus, Betty’s instincts of essentially lying about dinner with friends to not be near him, not wanting to kiss him shows she’s hesitant for a reason. Don’t think it’s due to only PTSD. They wouldn’t just put her with someone for him not to matter. Like Veronica’s husband is clearly Hiram 2.0. Betty’s somewhat boyfriend is dark in some way.

It’s obvious Barchie bond over PTSD. I also like that Jughead is messed up right now. What I mean is he’s way too messed up and into his own self to care about Barchie. So whatever they have can go on while Jughead cleans himself up. Then bring back Bughead! Varchie too.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
LOL. It really does.

Yes, he’s involved. They wouldn’t have inserted in the brother part... that was psychological torment. Plus, Betty’s instincts of essentially lying to not he near him, not wanting to kiss him shows she’s hesitant with him for a reason. They wouldn’t just put her with someone for him not to matter. Like Veronica’s husband is clearly Hiram 2.0. Betty’s somewhat boyfriend is dark in some way.
Yep, I agree. I actually started Riverdale Coverage. The one for 504 was mostly jokey jokey. But, it will be interesting how things move forward.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Yep, I agree. I actually started Riverdale Coverage. The one for 504 was mostly jokey jokey. But, it will be interesting how things move forward.
Definitely.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I posted my thoughts on Riverdale at the board. Overall, i thought the "premiere" was boring AF! LOL. I didnt like how they laid it out.

I thought Betty and Jughead's individual storylines were the best but still, blah.

Oh I did love the Toni heaviness tho.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I posted my thoughts on Riverdale at the board. Overall, i thought the "premiere" was boring AF! LOL. I didnt like how they laid it out.

I thought Betty and Jughead's individual storylines were the best but still, blah.

Oh I did love the Toni heaviness tho.
I’m so psyched for Toni getting big, consistent screen time not just this season but the rest of the series.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh I forgot...

Riverdale

Spoiler:

Last edited by jediwands; 02-15-2021 at 08:03 PM
Old 02-15-2021, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew