Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 02:25 AM
buffyannAlex

Alan. That's a list.
I can totally relate though I've dropped lots of show I was watching regulary because I had no time for myself...and needed to fight my inner couch potato spirit

Tos> I think I'll try the Brother & Sisters too. it's Berlanti and there's Calista Flockhart and I really liked her in Ally McBeal. THe cast is great on this show. Worth the try.
What about Brian was really crap this year. I watched it but man, I was bored. I may try one episode or two since they said they were "reinventing" the show or something but I won't force myself more than that....

Old 08-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex
I can totally relate though I've dropped lots of show I was watching regulary because I had no time for myself...
Wow, this is shocking to me that you don't have any time for yourself. I was just going to tell you that you should pick up a show or two because you seem to always have so much free time on your hands.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

My shows are pretty broken up. Luckily for me they are staggered out on different days, and a lot of them are summer shows, or come on Saturday night. Plus, The N shows all of their stuff like fifty times, so there are plenty of chances to see them.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
My shows are pretty broken up. Luckily for me they are staggered out on different days, and a lot of them are summer shows, or come on Saturday night. Plus, The N shows all of their stuff like fifty times, so there are plenty of chances to see them.
Well that's good to hear; at least your shows are spaced out. I know what it's like to be committed to so many shows that your start to actually plan your life around them, your hanging out time with friends, goin to the movies, work, etc.

One of my summer shows that's starting up again real soon is Nip/Tuck. I LOOVEEEEE that show!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
She's a Gilmore through and through.
Absolutely. I always loved how Lorelai gave Rory the Gilmore name because that's what she is IMO. Her other grandparents never liked her, her dad doesn't care about her, she's nothing like a Hayden, she's totally a Gilmore. It made perfect sense. I also loved how Lorelai was depicted as all about girlpower with naming Rory after herself and giving her the Gilmore name.

Quote:
The way she communicates with them is totally different and I hate to say it but there is a better line of communication there between CL. Now that doesn't mean their behavior is healthy because it's certainly not. However, Deadbeat isn't afraid to talk to Lorelai whereas Luke is very introverted and closes himself off. The LL communication better get on track if they have a shot at making anything work in the long term.
ITA. LL's biggest problem is lack of communication on both their parts. Sometimes I think Lorelai doesn't think she can open up to Luke probably because he is more closed off with emotions. She seemed scared to say anything about her unhappiness this season.

Quote:
In season 5 they were constantly missing each other and it almost totally destroyed them whenever WBB hit. They somehow got by that but like you said, it totally caught up with them eventually. They are never totally on the same page together. This has to get fixed.
Exactly. LL had poor communication in season 5 definitely. Lorelai felt like she couldn't be honest with Luke about tequila night and Luke didn't want to open up about personal things like his dad's death. It has been a running theme in the relationship and isn't a totally new development as of late. Sure it was extreme in season 6, but it was a continuition for sure. They need to work on it if they are ever going to work.

Quote:
Exactly and yeah, Sara, I wasn't at all saying that Luke doesn't know surface Lorelai in my post in the least, I said that he doesn't know her DEEP DOWN like Deadbeat does.
Deadbeat gets why Lorelai is insecure about herself and love and why she reacts to situations the way she does. Luke was never around in her upbringing and never got a chance to inquire about it. I think Lorelai needs to be more forthcoming in the future and Luke needs to be more observant and less dense and more willing to open up to people. And so true about Lorelai not even getting herself yet so how could Luke fully get her. I don't think she's come to terms about her insecurities with love and emotion or her dependency issues with Deadbeat and why she uses him. I hope she learns about herself in season 7.

I hate to say this but LL of season 5 were all about surface stuff. Even when they made up in "So Good Talk" they never ever talked about their problems or why they broke up. Luke just kissed her and that was it. Problems solved. Such a lack of communication. I know Lorelai and Luke blamed it on Emily, but if they were strong enough and intimate enough they could have made up before Emily begged Luke to go to her or perhaps never broken up at all. Obviously Luke didn't trust Lorelai completely if he was willing to end it over Chris' words at the wedding without all the facts. And Lorelai would have been more open about comforting Chris.

Quote:
The only great thing to come out of LL falling apart is that there does seem to be a new beginning for Emily and Lorelai. This is the very first time that they completely were in tune with each other and Emily felt her daughters pain so significantly, and not only felt it, but due to a mothers love, she felt the pain herself. Such great stuff. Maybe along with Rory, Emily will be there for Lorelai during her separation from Luke? That would be so amazing to see.
It was the first time Emily saw Lorelai's side and accepted it. She wasn't happy that Luke was finally gone, she was sad over Lorelai grieving for their failed wedding/relationship. She put Lorelai's feelings first. So beautiful.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB7becks82
ITA. LL's biggest problem is lack of communication on both their parts. Sometimes I think Lorelai doesn't think she can open up to Luke probably because he is more closed off with emotions. She seemed scared to say anything about her unhappiness this season.

I've kind of noticed something. Lorelai has NO problem talking to Luke about Rory and other problems like that. Actually, Lorelai doesn't even talk to Christopher about Rory. It's Christopher that she's afraid to actually talk about with Luke, and I think it's because Chris is the sore point. I actually think Luke's feelings about Chris are part of the reason WHY L/C have unresolved issues. Lorelai's afraid to broach the subject with Luke, so things go unresolved and Chris continues to pop up again and again. Notice how Lorelai was tentative last season every time she had to report back to Luke about her interactions with Chris? She's scared crudless.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:31 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
I've kind of noticed something. Lorelai has NO problem talking to Luke about Rory and other problems like that. Actually, Lorelai doesn't even talk to Christopher about Rory. It's Christopher that she's afraid to actually talk about with Luke, and I think it's because Chris is the sore point. I actually think Luke's feelings about Chris are part of the reason WHY L/C have unresolved issues. Lorelai's afraid to broach the subject with Luke, so things go unresolved and Chris continues to pop up again and again. Notice how Lorelai was tentative last season every time she had to report back to Luke about her interactions with Chris? She's scared crudless.
True. Lorelai does talk to Luke about everything related to Rory and never tells Chris much about Rory at all. But she also seems to not talk to Luke about her past before Stars Hollow or her crappy relationship with her parents. But maybe there just hasn't been a point in time where it would have come up.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
True. Lorelai does talk to Luke about everything related to Rory and never tells Chris much about Rory at all. But she also seems to not talk to Luke about her past before Stars Hollow or her crappy relationship with her parents. But maybe there just hasn't been a point in time where it would have come up.
That's true. She has complained about her parents a lot, though. She just hasn't gone in depth. She probably thinks that Luke wouldn't want to hear about her past. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to tell him about it if he asked.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I always loved how Lorelai gave Rory the Gilmore name because that's what she is IMO. Her other grandparents never liked her, her dad doesn't care about her, she's nothing like a Hayden, she's totally a Gilmore. It made perfect sense. I also loved how Lorelai was depicted as all about girlpower with naming Rory after herself and giving her the Gilmore name.
Very true about the last name... Its sad how Rory's other grandparents aren't close with her, nor do they try to be.

I LOVE how and why Lorelai named Rory after herself, I still bust a gut thinking about that!

I can't comment much on the other parts because those are waaay ahead of me, lol! But I still want in on this GG talk! It's such an amazing show! I kick myself now for not watching it!!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23

I can't comment much on the other parts because those are waaay ahead of me, lol! But I still want in on this GG talk!
Which seasons have you seen?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Just season 1 Myfriend had it on DVD and that's how I was able to watch even just that. I thought she had season 3, and then my best friend has season 3, but I found out she only had season 1, so... Michelle suggested a while back I try Blockbuster to rent s2 or sthing, but I honestly can't afford to do ANYTHING at this point

I've seen bits and pieces of episodes from last season (When Rory slept with Dean, and I think an episode or two after that, part of this season's finale, etc). Just parts here and there. I've HEARD about more that happens on the show than I've seen.

Hopefully someday I'll see more...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Season 1 might be my all time favorite season. It's great.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Absolutely. I always loved how Lorelai gave Rory the Gilmore name because that's what she is IMO. Her other grandparents never liked her, her dad doesn't care about her, she's nothing like a Hayden, she's totally a Gilmore. It made perfect sense.
I did. Absolutely. You're so right on. She is all Gilmore in my mind.

Quote:
I also loved how Lorelai was depicted as all about girlpower with naming Rory after herself and giving her the Gilmore name.
I loved that as well. So much.

Quote:
With you. She did seem scared to say anything which is very unlike her in general, holding in her feelings so it made it all the more odd. But like you said, it could be how she views Luke with regards to emotions and that's why. Another thing to think about, whenever LL had the fight over Deadbeat calling, if you think about it, they really didn't communicate during that fight as well. They shouted while eating in front of Sookie and Jackson and exchanged a few words whenever Lorelai showed up at Lukes but their making up was mostly about pacifying the situation and getting "around it." There was ample opportunity for them to get into a deeper conversation about Deadbeat and maybe even CL and their history but unfortunately they never went there.

Quote:
Exactly. LL had poor communication in season 5 definitely. Lorelai felt like she couldn't be honest with Luke about tequila night and Luke didn't want to open up about personal things like his dad's death. It has been a running theme in the relationship and isn't a totally new development as of late. Sure it was extreme in season 6, but it was a continuition for sure. They need to work on it if they are ever going to work.
Absolutely true, your every word is right on.

Quote:
I think Lorelai needs to be more forthcoming in the future and Luke needs to be more observant and less dense and more willing to open up to people.
Exactly. You're right, the both of them have significant things to work on so their communication flows better. I think it's a catch 22 with Lorelai. She doesn't think Luke would really want to hear it so she internalizes and closes off. Luke, meanwhile, is clueless and doesn't get what she's doing or why she's doing it either. You're so dead on regarding how Luke needs to open up more to people. Think about it, who has he really opened up to? Liz a little bit? Lorelai, ever so slightly like his Dark Day situation but that was mainly all about "having" to, not necessarily wanting to.

They both have things to work on both together and separately. In the end, they will become a close couple as a result.

Quote:
And so true about Lorelai not even getting herself yet so how could Luke fully get her. I don't think she's come to terms about her insecurities with love and emotion or her dependency issues with Deadbeat and why she uses him. I hope she learns about herself in season 7.
It is long overdue for Lorelai to go on the journey of self discovery. Man, it's now or never. She better get started before it's too late.

Quote:
I hate to say this but LL of season 5 were all about surface stuff. Even when they made up in "So Good Talk" they never ever talked about their problems or why they broke up. Luke just kissed her and that was it. Problems solved. Such a lack of communication. I know Lorelai and Luke blamed it on Emily, but if they were strong enough and intimate enough they could have made up before Emily begged Luke to go to her or perhaps never broken up at all. Obviously Luke didn't trust Lorelai completely if he was willing to end it over Chris' words at the wedding without all the facts. And Lorelai would have been more open about comforting Chris.
Right on. They were all about the surface. Absolutely. Their feelings for each other are deep and true, we know this, but their communication sucks, severely lacks and as we saw, it was ultimately one of the main reasons as to why they broke down in the finale of 6. It is very interesting to take a look at specific instances in season 5 where the theme stays the same. I'm shocked the lack of communication didn't bite them in the ass way sooner than it did to be honest.

Quote:
It was the first time Emily saw Lorelai's side and accepted it. She wasn't happy that Luke was finally gone, she was sad over Lorelai grieving for their failed wedding/relationship. She put Lorelai's feelings first. So beautiful.
She truly did and it was amazing. What you saw was a mothers selfless love with Emily towards Lorelai and it was so touching. I hope we get more of these scenes in the future as their relationship hopefully grows all the more.

Quote:
But I still want in on this GG talk! It's such an amazing show! I kick myself now for not watching it!!
So awesome, Ashley.

And better late than never! I hope you get to see the entire series to date very soon. Hey what about checking ABC Family then until you figure something out with regards to the DVDs?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Hey what about checking ABC Family then until you figure something out with regards to the DVDs?
I don't think they are showing them much right now.. I dunno. My sleep scheduel has been nutty (case in point it's 3am and I'm still up DLing...).
Old 08-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
I don't think they are showing them much right now.. I dunno. My sleep scheduel has been nutty (case in point it's 3am and I'm still up DLing...).

ABC Family shows an episode of Gilmore Girls two times daily:

Monday-Friday, Eastern:

11 AM
5 PM

They're currently airing season 4.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread