Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Passionate Fan

From this article...
Quote:
But the most improved WB series and the network's show that I most look forward to is "Everwood." Airing Mondays at 11 p.m., this small-town family drama has its fair share of soap suds but also addresses issues and develops its characters in believable ways. Tom Amandes deserves an Emmy for his portrayal of Dr. Abbott and for making the stiff fussbudget a fleshed-out character and not the caricature he could have been.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 12-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Tom Amandes deserves an Emmy for his portrayal of Dr. Abbott
Sure.And so does Emily [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for bringing this article here [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Addicted Fan

thanks for bringing that article over, it was a good one....and i agree with both of you. i hope this season gets more of a nod than "most orginal theme song"
-maria
Old 12-30-2003, 08:34 PM
MST Manager

From this week's TVGuide dated 1/3/04:

Quote:
In Year 2, Everwood must deftly walk the dangerous TV precipice between sad and soapy. One sappy misstep and it's doomed. Everwood, an idyllic-if problem-plagued-mountain town, is still mourning the loss of Colin Hart (Mike Erwin), a beloved high school hunk who died during brain surgery on the season's first episode. Colin's girlfriend, Amy Abbott (Emily VanCamp), is on antidepressants and, after a confrontational Thanksgiving dinner, is among the missing. Across town, Dr. Andy Brown (Treat Williams), an overprotective father, has just forbidden his brooding 16-year-old son, Ephram (Gregory Smith), to continue dating his sister's 20-year-old, too-hot-for-words baby sitter. It's a cornucopia of subplots, most of them about heartache of one kind or another. At times, the series is just this side of overwrought. What saves it are consistently winning performances from its principal characters, believable dialogue and a resistance to wrap up problems in one episode. May it ever be so.
Madison is too-hot-for-words? Hmm. Ok. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] As for the rest of the article, I totally agree. Hope you enjoyed.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that article! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Addicted Fan

taht was an awesome article, thanks for bringing it over!
-maria
Old 12-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here is some disturbing news:
"Everwood will not air on January 5th as the WB will air two hours of 7th Heaven. On January 12th, the WB has a repeat of the Surreal Life on the schedule, while 7th Heaven will be showing a new episode. Everwood will return on January 19, 2004 with an all new episode. (has now been confirmed by the WB)"

<3..theOC..OTH..GG..EW..AD..DC..<3
Old 12-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh man that sucks! Glad to hear we're gonna get new episodes sometime though... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
"...with Mardi Gras I kinda have a problem cause you see, I dont like to be topless no dont give it away for free...I guess thats just me. Oh Ellen I don't wanna show my melons just for a string of beads!" - Lauren Graham singing and playing piano on The Ellen Show
Old 12-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RORYJESS16:
<STRONG>Here is some disturbing news:
On January 12th, the WB has a repeat of the Surreal Life on the schedule, while 7th Heaven will be showing a new episode. Everwood will return on January 19, 2004 with an all new episode. (has now been confirmed by the WB)"</STRONG>
They're shpwing The Surreal Life again? Like last year's one or are they starting up a new one?
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 12-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

So we've still got quite a wait for the next ep. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra:
<STRONG>

They're shpwing The Surreal Life again? Like last year's one or are they starting up a new one?</STRONG>
Nope its a new season now.

<3..theOC..OTH..GG..EW..AD..DC..<3
Old 01-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Addicted Fan

YAY!!! Everwood came in #1 in The Futon Critic The 50 Best Episodes of 2003!!!!

1. "everwood: episode 20" (wb)
originally aired: may 5, 2003

Just wow. We'll say it again: wow. It had all the early markings of a cringe-inducing "very special episode" but damn if it wasn't the best hour of TV in 2003. A pregnant teenager (Kate Mara) and her father (Kevin Tighe) come to Dr. Brown (Treat Williams) for guidance about terminating her pregnancy. What followed absolutely blew us away. Characters take surprising positions on the issue, particularly Dr. Abbott (Tom Amandes) who with each week is becoming one of the most interesting characters on TV, a far cry from the fussy stick-in-the-mud he was originally introduced as. The whole "Everwood" crew should take an big bow for not letting the issue at hand get in the way of the characters, something that dogears all "very special episodes."

here is the LINK for the rest of the episodes.

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 01-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Addicted Fan

wow that's awesome! thanks for bringing it over!
-maria
Old 01-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't have an account with WireImage but there were pictures of Emily and Nora at Sundance.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

from tvguide.com

Quote:
Everwood
Mama Abbott put her foot down. And it's about time! Sure, Amy has had it hard since the death of her boyfriend Colin. But enough is enough. If you give a headstrong, spoiled brat an inch, she will take a mile. Even one who's in mourning. And, after stealing her aunt Dr. "Lord-the-woman-has-HIV" Linda's prescription pad, little Miss Abbott was working on mile 2. For real. So what if she gets mad and runs to Grandma's? Let her. Everwood's only black man lives in Grandma's house too (he's the town's stereotypically wise and calm old narrator, remember?). So, she's going to have to abide by grown-folks' rules there too. Nah, nah, nah-nah, nah!

On a more somber note, how sad is the news about Kellie Waymire? She played the patient who wanted to be impregnated by her late husband's sperm in tonight's episode. And the show was dedicated to her memory. I wasn't a fan or anything, so I had to look her up. And, according to kelliewaymire.com, she died of a heart attack on November 13, shortly after she taped this episode. Dang.
The Watercooler column for Monday night by Rochell Thomas.

Quote:
Question: Who was the genius behind the amazing essay Ephram Brown wrote on that episode of Everwood? — Elizabeth, Baltimore, Md.

Televisionary: The Oct. 6 Everwood episode, "East Meets West," was written by John E. Pogue. And for those of you who missed it, here's "My Fatal Flaw," the essay written by Ephram (Gregory Smith) on the show:

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm not sure who the first person was who said that. Probably Shakespeare. Or maybe Sting. But at the moment, it's the sentence that best explains my tragic flaw: my inability to change.

I don't think I'm alone in this. The more I get to know other people, the more I realize it's kind of everyone's flaw. Staying exactly the same for as long as possible, standing perfectly still. It feels safer somehow. And if you are suffering, at least the pain is familiar. Because if you took that leap of faith, went outside the box, did something unexpected, who knows what other pain might be out there, waiting for you? Chances are it could be even worse.

So you maintain the status quo, choose the road already traveled and it doesn't seem that bad, not as far as flaws go. You're not a drug addict. You're not killing anyone, except maybe yourself a little.

When we finally do change, I don't think it happens like an earthquake or an explosion, where all of a sudden we're like this different person. I think it's smaller than that, the kind of thing most people wouldn't even notice unless they looked at us really close, which, thank God, they never do.

But you notice it. Inside you that change feels like a world of difference, and you hope this is it, this is the person you get to be forever, that you'll never have to change again.
Ask the Televisionary