Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

From WB television critics event yesterday

Old 07-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Greg looks good there, is he growing a goatee?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Everwood's nominated for an Emmy:

Quote:
Main Title Theme Music: Boomtown, NBC; Everwood, WB; Miracles, ABC; Monk, USA; Penn & Teller: Bull****!, Showtime
Old 07-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, at least it's nominated for something... I do really like the opening theme - it's one of my favorites [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~:
<STRONG>Greg looks good there, is he growing a goatee?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]</STRONG>
sure looks it

woohooo everwood got a nomination!
-maria
Old 07-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, at least there was A nom - the WB as a whole only got 2, the other is for something camera related for Sabrina.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Undeclared:
<STRONG>Anyone know why Chris Pratt was at the ABC Critics Press Tour yesterday?</STRONG>
the wb one was hte same day...maybe he got lost? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
-maria
Old 07-25-2003, 07:50 AM
Extreme Fan

(I posted this on Emily's thead too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

I was just surfing around when I found an artical about Emily from a May/June 2003 issue of Dance Spirit magazine. I looked on all the back posts and didn't see anything about it so I thought I'd post it here for ya all. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ever-Dancing Emily:

Emily VanCamp displays her dancing prowess as a star of the WB’s “Everwood.”

By Brittany Geragotelis

Issue: May/June 2003

"People still ask me if I’m a dancer, just from the way I walk." —Emily VanCamp

She has danced her way into the hearts of young ballet fans across the U.S. as one of the WB network’s hottest young actresses of 2002, but 16-year-old Emily VanCamp’s character Amy Abbott on “Everwood” didn’t start out as a dancer.

“The writers decided my character would be a dancer after they found out I had dance experience,” says VanCamp, who has 13 years of training in ballet, tap, jazz, modern and hip hop. “They knew that I really liked the idea of my character dancing on the show. And then, one day, I read the script and I was dancing in it!”

VanCamp began studying ballet when she was 3; at 11 she was accepted into Montreal’s professional ballet school École Supérieure de Danse de Québec. After dancing there for three years, she decided to focus on one of her other loves—acting. “I realized that I could act and still dance on the side, but I couldn’t dance and act on the side,” she explains. “Although dance was a huge passion of mine, acting overruled it.”

Whether viewers can look forward to a pas de deux with VanCamp and one of the show’s other main characters remains to be seen. “I’ve got this image of Greg [Smith, who plays Ephram] lifting me up in the air... that would be really funny,” she says.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Rosvillion #1
Smallville Transcript Center
Proud to be a Minnesota Twins Fan!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Great article. It got me picturing Greg dancing ballet...
Old 07-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Aww, Emily's funny! Thanks for the article! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 07-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know if I should post this here but I was wondering if anyone has seen the WB commericals with the popup "sayings". I have seen two of Greg's but zero of Emily. Has anyone seen hers and if so can you describe if for me? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Link to bigger version for those that dont have acrobat program.

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/cfra...erposterew.jpg
Old 08-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hu1717ybear:
<STRONG>I don't know if I should post this here but I was wondering if anyone has seen the WB commericals with the popup "sayings". I have seen two of Greg's but zero of Emily. Has anyone seen hers and if so can you describe if for me? Thanks.</STRONG>
I just saw one Sunday right before Gilmore girls: Beginnings with Emily in it...I don't remember the exact words but it said something about the frozen food section and how much she loves Ice Cream. I don't remember too well, sorry.

<3..theOC..OTH..GG..EW..AD..DC..<3
Old 10-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

From Zap2it:

Quote:
'Everwood' Full of Family Feeling

By Kate O'Hare

The small town of Everwood, Colo., is bigger than it looks, scattered over 70 square miles of city, mountain ranges, small towns, farmland and suburbs.
Part can be found in a warehouse, another part on a historic street, yet another in a high-school parking lot bordered by housing developments and a horse corral.

Its most important patch of real estate is on Mondays on The WB Network, where "Everwood" -- the TV series, not the town - has become the destination of choice for millions of fans, ranging from grade-schoolers to retirees, drawn to a family drama that has resurrected the soul of Frank Capra in a postmodern world.

The series, currently in its second season, stars Treat Williams as Andy Brown, a top New York neurosurgeon who, after his wife's death, moved his family to Everwood. There he set up practice and became a thorn in the side of local physician Dr. Harold Abbott (Tom Amandes).

In reality, Everwood is not in Colorado at all, but instead in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the surrounding Wasatch Mountains. A little less than a 90-minute plane ride from Los Angeles, it's a cleaner, quieter place, with dry, crystalline air and, on this September day, brown-shouldered mountains streaked with red from thickets of autumn oaks.

The main street of Everwood -- with Dr. Abbott's office, the old train station where Andy works, and Mama Joy's Caf -- is on historic 25th Street in Ogden, which urges visitors to watch the cast rehearse before grabbing a cup of coffee or perusing local antiques.

Idyllic as the setting sounds, nothing in "Everwood," created by Greg Berlanti, is ever that simple. Season one saw epic battles between Andy, who had been an absent father, and his teenage son Ephram (Gregory Smith), a talented musician who felt betrayed by life on every level -- and that included his new love interest, popular girl Amy Abbott (Emily VanCamp).

She befriended Ephram in hopes of getting Andy to operate on her comatose boyfriend, Colin (Mike Erwin). He did, and Colin's recovery was hailed as the "miracle of Everwood," but the joy was short-lived, as complications led to a second surgery that ended in Colin's death at season's end.

Now, Amy, once determinedly optimistic, is in a downward spiral, frightening Ephram and her family - including her father, brother Bright (Chris Pratt) and newly returned Aunt Linda (Marcia Cross). And though he still carries a torch for Amy, Ephram has developed a thus-far one-sided interest in Madison (Sarah Lancaster), the 20-year-old baby sitter for his little sister, Delia (Vivien Cardone).

In the scene shooting outside a suburban Catholic high school, Ephram bemoans his inability to pass his driver's test -- and Bright bemoans having to haul Ephram and his bicycle around -- and Amy shows off her 16th-birthday present, a Kia Sorento.

"I get all the product placements," VanCamp laments.

Between shots, Smith and Pratt joke around, leading to Pratt's latest most embarrassing moment. (Lesson learned: Turn off mikes before relating slightly off-color stories.) VanCamp discusses her new haircut with producer Mickey Liddell, and everyone is glad it's a little warmer than yesterday, which marked the first touch of winter.

"We had snow in Park City," says Smith, talking of the nearby ski-resort town where most of the cast lives, and where the 20-year-old has just bought his first house. He's reading a book on Cambodia -- he reads a lot, not having a television in his house. Smith also does a dead-on, single-look impersonation of Benjamin McKenzie, the star of Fox's teen drama "The O.C." "You mean ... this guy?" he says, cocking his head and staring just so.

Pratt, on learning he's not in the next episode, begs Liddell for time for a trip to Hawaii, then does a little victory dance when he gets it. Liddell is also celebrating, having just gotten word that James Earl Jones and Beau Bridges have been inked for "Three Miners From Everwood," the episode currently scheduled to air Nov. 3.

"Everwood's" cast members hail from such disparate locations as Canada, New York, Omaha and Los Angeles, and their easy familiarity on set stems in part from their isolation in Utah, far from extended family, friends and show business.

They not only work together, they play together. Smith plays video games with Williams' 11-year-old son. Pratt and John Beasley, who plays the sage Mr. Irv, make a golf date. Pratt also works with VanCamp on a film project for a correspondence course she's taking.

Lancaster had a "bonding" experience with Cardone's entire family at an amusement park. "I did a lot of spinning," she says. "My mother was quite impressed with me."

On set, in converted warehouses in Salt Lake City, Williams eagerly shares pictures of his farmhouse in Vermont. The group also gathers in the adjacent production offices -- its low-key facade reads Everwood Utah, Inc. -- for an emotional read-through of the next episode (with the writer weighing in on speakerphone from Los Angeles). It contains a startling plot development -- and it's not good news.

In talking about the show, Williams cites Capra, and in particular, the 1946 classic "It's a Wonderful Life," which, for all its snow-covered sweetness, has a core of desperation and despair.

"'Everwood' is comparable to that," Williams says. "The reason it's good is it's about love and families and how dysfunctional they can be, and yet there's humor.

"The thing that my parents keep saying that's fantastic is they'll meet up with some guy in his 70s -- and guys my Dad's age don't seem to be very warm, emotional people -- saying, 'I watched that thing last night, and I just cried like a baby.' It's getting people that don't actually watch television."
[ 10-23-2003: Message edited spazzie ]
Old 10-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Oh. My. God.

I would PAY to see Gregory do a Ben McKenzie impression.. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] *thud*

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yummy guy doing impressions of equally yummy guy... Mmmmmmmm.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread