Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see anyone regularly. The person I've ran into the most though is BJ Novak from The Office. All the others have been a one time thing.

That's really funny about your friend and Jay Leno. I can totally see that kind of thing happening. Most celebs walk around and do their own thing in LA.

Oh man! I forgot he made Delia that promise. That was so bad, you're right! Poor Delia. She took it all like a champ at the end of the day though, I really loved that girl!
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I don't see anyone regularly. The person I've ran into the most though is BJ Novak from The Office. All the others have been a one time thing.

That's really funny about your friend and Jay Leno. I can totally see that kind of thing happening. Most celebs walk around and do their own thing in LA.
They do and usually most people don't make a big deal of it.

How do you like living in Southern CA? Do you miss Chicagoland?

Quote:
Oh man! I forgot he made Delia that promise. That was so bad, you're right! Poor Delia. She took it all like a champ at the end of the day though, I really loved that girl!
Me too!

Poor Delia had to put up with so much! She loses her mother, her dad's totally raw when it comes to being a true father initially so he makes all kinds of mistakes, she witnessed her father and brother constantly fighting, she endured Ephram/Madison LOL, Andy's dating life, and she got through everything with hardly any battle scars.

I wish the Andy/Linda storyline would have been constructed a little differently. I wonder if it was deliberately flawed because TPTB didn't want any pairing to touch Andy/Nina? I mean, it's a guarantee Amanda wasn't brought in to be the love of Andy's life and threaten Nina.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, I don't see people making any big deal about celebs unless it's at an event.

I love LA! I really do. I think California is really great. I've been here three and a half years and I'm really glad I came. However, I totally miss Chicago! I miss my family and my friends so much lately. After three years here I started to feel different. I could see me moving back home.

I wouldn't doubt that Andy's pairings were deliberately flawed! I mean, it also makes sense that a man who just lost his wife would make a couple of wrong decisions. It would worked out too well if he got together with Nina right away. I'm glad it played out the way it did, but I really hated watching him with Amanda. So cringeworthy.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yep, I don't see people making any big deal about celebs unless it's at an event.

I love LA! I really do. I think California is really great. I've been here three and a half years and I'm really glad I came. However, I totally miss Chicago! I miss my family and my friends so much lately. After three years here I started to feel different. I could see me moving back home.
Are you there by yourself? Did any friends or family make the move with you to CA? Chicago's one of the greatest cities in the world. I just love it. I love it and I'm not even a native, so I can only imagine how much you cherish and miss it.

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt that Andy's pairings were deliberately flawed! I mean, it also makes sense that a man who just lost his wife would make a couple of wrong decisions. It would worked out too well if he got together with Nina right away. I'm glad it played out the way it did, but I really hated watching him with Amanda. So cringeworthy.
LOL Exactly. Seeing him with Amanda was so dang cringeworthy. You are right, though... it would have been unrealistic seeing Andy immediately making it work with Nina. Nope, when Andy entered Everwood, he had to learn how to be a father first and foremost. He also had to learn how to truly care about people in the healthcare field, not just seeing them as a number. He also had to learn how to have significant, intimate relationships with friends and romantic partners. It's no coincidence that he immediately met Harold and Nina. They were destined to be in his life long term but it took some time for him to get close to Harold and Nina. He had to work on it.

It is very realistic that Andy needed time. I just wish he wouldn't have taken a horrible detour with Amanda.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I am only in CA for a holiday, but I definately love the area. It already beats New York for me.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm curious, Ingmar, why is LA more appealing than NY?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Are you there by yourself? Did any friends or family make the move with you to CA? Chicago's one of the greatest cities in the world. I just love it. I love it and I'm not even a native, so I can only imagine how much you cherish and miss it.

LOL Exactly. Seeing him with Amanda was so dang cringeworthy. You are right, though... it would have been unrealistic seeing Andy immediately making it work with Nina. Nope, when Andy entered Everwood, he had to learn how to be a father first and foremost. He also had to learn how to truly care about people in the healthcare field, not just seeing them as a number. He also had to learn how to have significant, intimate relationships with friends and romantic partners. It's no coincidence that he immediately met Harold and Nina. They were destined to be in his life long term but it took some time for him to get close to Harold and Nina. He had to work on it.

It is very realistic that Andy needed time. I just wish he wouldn't have taken a horrible detour with Amanda.
I never lived in Chicago, so I don't miss the city as much as I miss my family and my friends. It would be nice moving back someday though because I would still have a "new" city to explore/live in. It would be tough living there with my dog though, I would need a parking spot which would be tough.

When I moved to LA, one of my good friends had moved just a few months prior to me. I ended up living across the street from her. Also my cousin lived about 15minutes away. So it was definitely easier knowing two people in the city when I arrived. I did come alone though.

Just reading you talk about Andy's journey makes me miss Everwood so much. What quality! I totally agree with you. His story was a really good one overall, I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I am only in CA for a holiday, but I definately love the area. It already beats New York for me.
That's awesome you're enjoying your trip! What area are you staying in?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I never lived in Chicago, so I don't miss the city as much as I miss my family and my friends. It would be nice moving back someday though because I would still have a "new" city to explore/live in. It would be tough living there with my dog though, I would need a parking spot which would be tough.
Or Chicagoland is what I technically meant.

I have friends who live in Arlington Heights. I've been there many times and of course have been directly in downtown Chicago to stay for weeks at a time when I was younger. I also drive through there when I go from Minnesota to Cleveland since Chicago is directly in the middle of the trip.

But yes, Arlington Heights is awesome.

Quote:
When I moved to LA, one of my good friends had moved just a few months prior to me. I ended up living across the street from her. Also my cousin lived about 15minutes away. So it was definitely easier knowing two people in the city when I arrived. I did come alone though.
That's great! I remember you mentioning your cousin before in the past.

Quote:
Just reading you talk about Andy's journey makes me miss Everwood so much. What quality! I totally agree with you. His story was a really good one overall, I loved it.
It was. Just thinking about having Marcia and Treat for almost an entire season together on the same screen makes me cherish Everwood all the more too. What an incredible amount of talent!
Old 07-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just noticed Marcia’s bio/description on Twitter:

Quote:
Marcia Cross
@ReallyMarcia
Empath, Seeker, Dreamer...ACTIVIST.
Los Angeles, CAmarciacross.com
Joined January 2010
1,010 Following
267.9K Followers
^^^ I have a feel we’d get along perfectly. Would love to discuss and exchange notes on how tough it is being an Empath. Also, my guess is she has even more psychic ability. We could discuss this as well, lol.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I just noticed Marcia’s bio/description on Twitter:

^^^ I have a feel we’d get along perfectly. Would love to discuss and exchange notes on how tough it is being an Empath. Also, my guess is she has even more psychic ability. We could discuss this as well, lol.
You two would get along very well! You should send her a tweet telling her how much in common you have.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You two would get along very well! You should send her a tweet telling her how much in common you have.
I definitely feel like we would. I should. I just noticed an MLS/USMNT player (and another dude who has played for several different clubs) have followed me, lol.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-29-2019 at 03:09 AM
Old 07-30-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I definitely feel like we would. I should. I just noticed an MLS/USMNT player (and another dude who has played for several different clubs) have followed me, lol.
Really??? Who is it?
Old 07-30-2019, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Really??? Who is it?
Wil Trapp. He’s an Ohio native too so I think it’s our native Ohio thing coupled with apparently my soccer comments. LOL.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wil Trapp. He’s an Ohio native too so I think it’s our native Ohio thing coupled with apparently my soccer comments. LOL.
A cutie!!

Old 07-30-2019, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
A cutie!!

He liked my post on needing to build MLS which will help USMNT.

He also liked a bunch of my posts on USWNT.
Reply   Post New Thread