Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw when she left. loved linda and Harold's relationship and her and Delia's and how she got along with Nina.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Aw, yeah, wasn't it heartbreaking? Poor Andy, poor Harold, poor Edna, poor Delia, and poor Linda. How about her and Edna's relationship, did you like that too, Rachel?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'm not sure about Andy not treating Linda well...How do you mean, Lemony?
Well, I just thought that he seemed to frequently get upset with her and yell at her more than pretty much anyone else, when she didn't seem to do much to provoke it (in my opinion). And then not even being willing to really hear her out or reassure her at all about Nina...that was pretty strange too.
HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
LemonyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonyPie (View Post)
Well, I just thought that he seemed to frequently get upset with her and yell at her more than pretty much anyone else, when she didn't seem to do much to provoke it (in my opinion). And then not even being willing to really hear her out or reassure her at all about Nina...that was pretty strange too.
I understand what you're saying. I thought, though, that Linda was a little unreasonable regarding Nina...and that Andy lost his temper with Nina a heck of a lot more. He was constantly having to give Nina apology gifts because of his temper....foot massagers...horrible homemade baked goods, etc!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
and that Andy lost his temper with Nina a heck of a lot more. He was constantly having to give Nina apology gifts because of his temper....foot massagers...horrible homemade baked goods, etc!!
Oh, yeah, agreed with this completely. Poor Nina! Although him yelling at her was hilarious because he always sounded so silly. But, yeah, it was unfair. I think he'd be having to make some horrible baked goods again in their marriage, but I think he was past the temper point. Hopefully! *crosses fingers* And...I'm sure she'd be past the foot massagers point in marriage too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 11-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I totally agree that Andy got too upset with Nina as well. He just seemed to have a problem dealing with women he was into or something! Both Nina and Linda got that treatment, and we can assume Julia did too.
HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
LemonyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

I think the great thing about Nina, like Julia, is that she wouldn't stand for Andy's . She would yell back, stand up for herself, call him out when he was acting like an idiot, be blunt, everything. Looking at the flashbacks, Julia would do that too. She would be blunt, say something to open Andy's eyes (like the flashback in the restaurant in the finale of S2). He needs that, which is why I think he's attracted to such strong woman like Julia, Nina, Linda and, yes, even Amanda. He knows he needs someone to keep him in line when he's not being smart. Nina will totally do that, and it would have been so much fun to watch.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Aw, yeah, wasn't it heartbreaking? Poor Andy, poor Harold, poor Edna, poor Delia, and poor Linda. How about her and Edna's relationship, did you like that too, Rachel?
As a matter of fact I did.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Random... I saw Marcia Cross and her husband at the car dealership today. They seemed like nice people, and she looked beautiful.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Random... I saw Marcia Cross and her husband at the car dealership today. They seemed like nice people, and she looked beautiful.
That's awesome! In Southern California, I assume?

I think she's a fantastic actress and we were blessed having her on Everwood for a season. I am not saying I've always loved the behavior of the character but I certainly love the actress. I mean, I didn't like how Harold was alone having to deal with the practice after she left. I wasn't a fan of that at all. However, the character as a whole had many endearing qualities.

Did you like Linda?
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 AM
Administrator

I personally liked Linda and I thought she was good for Andy. It was a little too convenient for Harold to suddenly have a sister that would have a relationship with Andy, much to Harold’s chagrin, but she was a likable character, and you could really tell she was Edna’s daughter. I didn’t like how they ended things with her, and how her negligence in revealing that she was HIV Positive cost Harold his practice, but overall, I liked her character and Marsha Cross did a great job in portraying her.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, in LA, Michelle. They were renting a car and I was returning my rental, and her husband was supposed to sign on one of those credit card pad things, and I went to sign my name. It was a little embarrassing.

I didn't like Andy/Linda, but I didn't mind Linda as a character. Didn't really like Andy dating Harold's sister at that point in the series much. Didn't like it for Delia really. I don't know.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, that's precisely how I feel. Honestly, those Everwood natives were quirky, even somewhat eccentric, and maybe for many, way too stuck in their ways... but they really had every right to be ticked off over the HIV situation. They had a right to know. Taryn nicely pointed out a while back how Linda was using needles during her acupuncture sessions! How does she go there without making sure her patients are well aware of her HIV status? I am also not one of those folks who don't understand how to transmit HIV. I have a sister who is a molecular biologist, chemist, and has told me plain as day in scientific terms how the virus spreads. She used the example of how you could literally shoot up infected HIV blood into someone and still, chances of transmission are pretty rare. Thus, it's tough to get even if flukes happen. But in the medical field, they are taking precautions and it's relatively safe for responsible doctors and other healthcare providers to work and not transmit to their patients. For sure.

But Linda should have handled her practice in Everwood way differently. It was a disaster in the end.

Quote:
Yes, in LA, Michelle. They were renting a car and I was returning my rental, and her husband was supposed to sign on one of those credit card pad things, and I went to sign my name. It was a little embarrassing.

I didn't like Andy/Linda, but I didn't mind Linda as a character. Didn't really like Andy dating Harold's sister at that point in the series much. Didn't like it for Delia really. I don't know.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did she know you knew who she was?

Yes, as a rule, I didn't love Andy/Linda but thought she helped Andy grow a lot as a person and some of their scenes were nicely done which I enjoyed. I saw season 2 as the pairings that weren't meant to be with Amy/Tommy, Ephram/Madison and Andy/Linda.

I also thought it was tough seeing both Ephram and Delia scared over their father possibly getting HIV. They lost their mother, all they had left was their dad and he's sharing intimate contact with someone who could potentially get him sick. They had a right to be scared.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

No, she didn't know I knew. I'm pretty relaxed about that part of it. I think.. Sometimes probably not. It was just weird cause I thought it was my turn to be at the counter so I assumed I should sign then the guy told me to stop and her husband signed. She was in and out quickly though and left the rest to her hub!

I hated watching Ephram be afraid his dad would get sick. That was the worst part of the situation.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No, she didn't know I knew. I'm pretty relaxed about that part of it. I think.. Sometimes probably not. It was just weird cause I thought it was my turn to be at the counter so I assumed I should sign then the guy told me to stop and her husband signed. She was in and out quickly though and left the rest to her hub!
Got it!

Do you see any celebrities regularly? I had a friend who was attending UCLA. She lived right next to a Starbucks that Jay Leno entered daily. She said it was hilarious because they always went there at the same time. She felt stupid, even, but couldn't help it because she had to go at that time before classes got started. She said he would always joke that they were meant to meet up for coffee. LOL

Quote:
I hated watching Ephram be afraid his dad would get sick. That was the worst part of the situation.
It really was. I also remember Andy promising Delia that he wouldn't go romantic with Linda. I remember thinking, "Oh Andy, don't make a promise you will never keep!"

Andy always got himself in hot water.
Reply   Post New Thread