Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I didn't love Madison...but I can't compare her to Amanda as least favorite character. Madison is a goddess....a princess....compared to Amanda!!
You won't get any arguments from me! What Amanda did to Andy and how unwatchable that whole story was. It ruined Andy for almost a whole entire season!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
Now that I ripped your girl, Madison... give it to me about my girl, Amy.

Why did you dislike Amy? Trust me, I know she had her faults for sure so I bet you anything your response will sing to me just a bit, even if I loved her all the same. LOL.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Administrator

I can't really dislike Amanda as much as I disliked Madison, because Andy was just as much at fault during their affair as she was. That was one storyline I really detested on the show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I can't really dislike Amanda as much as I disliked Madison, because Andy was just as much at fault during their affair as she was. That was one storyline I really detested on the show.
That's actually an excellent point that I've never thought of before. Andy did keep going and was probably more at fault than Amanda was, knowing the circumstances she was in and being a doctor. No wonder he had an ulcer!

At the same time, I think Ephram runs into the same thing with Madison. He kept going after her despite her treatment of him, and the big one--her telling him about the baby right before his audition--he let that decide his future rather than letting himself decide his future. He could have still auditioned and with Andy begging him to, he should have. He still had the opportunity. And did again when Amy helped him get another shot. By that point, though, he had already lost control of everything, especially his future.

Thank goodness for S4!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Now that I ripped your girl, Madison... give it to me about my girl, Amy.

Why did you dislike Amy? Trust me, I know she had her faults for sure so I bet you anything your response will sing to me just a bit, even if I loved her all the same. LOL.
oh alright Michelle. She was always yelling at Ephram and they were always on and off. That annoys me greatly. I also feel like he was always her second choice, but oh alright, I'll show some respect for them. anyone who makes Ephram happy is fine by me. I also feel like they didn't have much in common. but I have been a bit convinced lately to go over to the ephramy side.
OTP: Bamon Forwood Stelena Jalaric Janna Steferine Stalerie Stebekah Steroline Klaroline Carenzo Kolvina Klayley Naley Semma/Sellie Derena/Dair Duve Djo Stefan Salvatore https://www.tumblr.com/blog/bamonforwoodstelena
icons by Erin 80s90sisthebest

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 01-06-2012 at 06:32 AM
Forwood4Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

Well I could dislike a lot minor character you know, but I don't get passionate about that because I know that they are not regulars.

I didn't like Amanda or her affair with Andy, but he wasn't a boy, nor a child, so he was at fault too. They both were. In my country they say it's not only guilty the one that eats the dish, but also the one who provides the dish. So basically Andy could have said NO, if he wanted.

As a whole I don't have character that I hate with a passion, but I have some that I wanted to slap at times.

Unlike most people, I didn't always like Andy, especially when he acted so freely. He is not a teen, there is no need to act so weird. No wonder his kids were weird with father like that. The things that most irritated me - his stupid idea to stop Madison tell Ephram about the baby (again Madison is at fault too), the way he acted during the visit of this Colorado university (if I was Ephram I would tell him either to stop or to get lost), the affair with Amanda. His optimism was too much for me sometimes.

In the first two seasons I was annoyed by Amy too - especially her obsessiveness. The way he treated Colin after he woke up was unforgivable. If she didn't know, she could have asked someone. She pushed him so far, she is to blame for half of his anger episodes. She has hurt Ephram almost all episodes in Season 1 and half of Season 2 , then she said 'Sorry' and she expected him to forgive her. And since he liked her so much he has forgiven her too easy most of the times. Sometimes she could be angry for no reason at all. Like the fight during the Spanish project. She basically told him to not try to help her, when he tried to be supportive and later blamed him that he wasn't there for her. That was over the top. And her speech when Ephram auditioned for the summer program. Ephram was right - she has lied him a lot (about his father, Colin and so on) and when he tries to giver her a chance, she acts like a brat. Of course when he decides to go to New York, she tells him not to go - that was super selfish. Not to mention that she decided to be with him only because he was going to leave her. At least it looked like that for me.

Thanks God in Season 3 she's likeable (minus the three weeks madness about the fact that Ephram lied to her about something stupid and apologized to her two days later and admitted to her about the lie, because he wanted to be honest). I guess the lesson was not to tell her the truth.

I didn't like Madison as Ephram's girlfriend. I liked her with Delia and when she helped him with his driving test. The pregnancy and the whole story around that irritated me.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wow, Koni! You said a lot here. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)

I didn't like Amanda or her affair with Andy, but he wasn't a boy, nor a child, so he was at fault too. They both were. In my country they say it's not only guilty the one that eats the dish, but also the one who provides the dish. So basically Andy could have said NO, if he wanted.
I don't believe there's anyone who doesn't agree with you here. Andy was absolutely just as guilty as Amanda. What he did was unethical (having an affair with the wife of one of his patients) and immoral.
The reason I couldn't stand Amanda is not only because she was cheating on her helpless husband...but because I can't stand the actress who plays Amanda...and I didn't really like Amanda's personality. She was kind of slimy.

Quote:
The things that most irritated me - his stupid idea to stop Madison tell Ephram about the baby (again Madison is at fault too),
Although I understood why Andy did what he did (to protect his son)...it was wrong. And yes. Madison was foolish to listen to him. In fact...she really should have told Ephram about the baby instead of telling Andy.
Quote:
the way he acted during the visit of this Colorado university (if I was Ephram I would tell him either to stop or to get lost),
Andy was extremely obnoxious and snobbish during this tour. That poor tour guide! I'm surprised she didn't give him a whack!

Quote:
His optimism was too much for me sometimes.
I kind of liked his optimism.

Quote:
Not to mention that she decided to be with him only because he was going to leave her. At least it looked like that for me.
I think Amy decided to be with Ephram in NY because she finally realized that she liked Ephram....this was new. Therefore, Amy didn't want to spend a whole summer away from him. Her solution was to go with him.

Quote:
I guess the lesson was not to tell her the truth.
Yes, he would have been better off not telling her the truth.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Well, after watching Season 3 it might look that Amy went to New York, because she liked him. But when I was watching this episodes, I was thinking otherwise. To me it seemed that for the first time Ephram showed her that no matter how much he loves her, his world doesn't revolve only around her and he would try to not obsess over her and do something about himself. And that scared her, because she realized that he won't be always around her and she needed to learn how to appreciate him as more than her friend who is always around her, when she needed him. And Bright helped her with that too, when he told her that she rejected so many times Ephram that he wouldn't do anything about her. To me that was the moment when Amy really realized what she's done to Ephram for those two years and how much he hurt him and I wanted to hear apology, but I didn't.

That's interesting contrast, because Ephram seemed like person who wants to know the truth even if it's bad. And I think that he said the truth to Amy, because he realized that he did something stupid and there is no need to leave it like that, because sooner or later she would have found out and the later, the worse. I guess it really depends, but to me he was right to tell her.

But yeah apparently with her it's better if he's not honest all the time .

Last edited by secretk; 02-25-2012 at 12:22 AM
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Vampire Diaries

Amy is my least favorite character, but with ephram I love her! Her in the second season with Tommy though was depressing.
OTP: Bamon Forwood Stelena Jalaric Janna Steferine Stalerie Stebekah Steroline Klaroline Carenzo Kolvina Klayley Naley Semma/Sellie Derena/Dair Duve Djo Stefan Salvatore https://www.tumblr.com/blog/bamonforwoodstelena
icons by Erin 80s90sisthebest
Forwood4Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top