Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I voted too.. for all the shows in the top 5, OTH and Everwood are the ones I'd like to keep.. Though I only voted for Everwood

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Thanks! I voted from 4 different e-mail addresses that I have.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for voting everyone.

Today is literally the last chance you have to vote, so if you haven't done so before now, you haven't got much time left. Kristin sometimes (and I think usually) posts her column very late on Thursday in the west coast, so if you're thinking about voting later tonight, probably not a good idea.

And yay to finding out tonight, GO EVERWOOD!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Absolute Fan

I voted too!! I want "Everwood" to stay!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

So so impressed with the support everyone is showing!!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Absolute Fan

we can only vote once I'm guessing?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENNY_83
we can only vote once I'm guessing?
Once per e-mail. Like some people have 2-3 e-mails and they have been e-mailing people from each different e-mail. That's okay to do. Just not several from the same e-mail...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Absolute Fan

ok Thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

So...OTH wins it: http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...06/060505.html

Fifth Place: What About Brian, 3%
Fourth Place: Everwood, 7%
Third Place: Supernatural, 14%
Runner-Up: Veronica Mars, 32%
And the Winner Is: One Tree Hill, 44%

Not exactly unexpected. Everwood being in fourth place is disappointing. Third place, at least, would've been really great.

“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Addicted Fan

It is disappointing. I was hoping Everwood would do better than that and at least get in the top 3. Still...I think the show has a shot.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

One Tree Hill is known for its large fanbase, just check out the posts they make on this board.. So it's not a big surprise.. but I think the fact that Everwood made it to the top 5 and all the gifts the CW gets from Everwood fans shows that Everwood has a large fanbase..

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Everwood have better ratings? I mean they did pretty well on Thursday and the ratings on Monday are good too, aren't they?

Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

At least we got in the top 5....

But yeah, I really was disappointed that we didn't get higher.

OTH fans.... they are everywhere! (I'm a fan, in fact. But I been focused on Everwood coming back. My votes will most definately go to this show.) The fans on the board most never sleep for their posting speed...
Old 05-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Everwood have better ratings? I mean they did pretty well on Thursday and the ratings on Monday are good too, aren't they?
You are right on there. Everwood has almost DOUBLE OTHs ratings. Certainly DOUBLE Veronica Mars's ratings. It's amazing that even with the Thursday to Monday move, the looooooong hiatus, the lack of promos and yet STILL, Everwood's ratings are good. In fact, they are close to if not beating out Smallville's ratings right now.

So with Everwood, the ratings are not the issue. Of course, the high quality isn't either.

The CW is picking their shows not based on quality or numbers but instead, based on very specific and yes, POLITICAL reasons. That's fact. A fact that sucks but it's so very true.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm bummed OTH won the poll even though I figured it would. That show has some rabid fans. I think it's so wonderful that Everwood even made it to the top 5. And I also think a large part of Everwood's fanbase are people that wouldn't vote in a poll like that and aren't on message boards and stuff like that.

I think it sucks that Everwood might not come back even though its ratings are far superior to VM and OTH. I understand why they'd want to bring back VM even though I don't watch it, and that's because of the critical acclaim, which Everwood has as well. I don't understand why they'd bring OTH over just because of its loyal fans or whatever. Just because those people would watch OTH doesn't mean they'd watch anything else on the network. Plus it isn't a good show in my opinion (and yes, I do watch because I'm a huge fan of Bethany Joy Lenz, but I don't watch for ANYTHING else, it gives me a headache) and obviously doesn't have critical acclaim.

Sorry for a post about nothing, but Everwood not coming back just breaks my heart into a million pieces. I also think it would get even more viewers next year once it starts showing on ABC Family. It would bring in new people who hadn't ever seen it before. Ugh, I'll be so devastated if it isn't picked up.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm keeping good hopes for Everwood...

and political reasons?! What do they mean with that?!

Reply   Post New Thread