Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, when the WB turned to the CW, Berlanti realized that the CW wanted a certain flavor so he tried to temporarily fit the mold if it meant getting a season 5. He sort of winked to the fanbase in interviews to trust him. Apparently the three things that were going to take place:

1. Madison, the one that never went away, was returning to come back and talk to Ephram about something baby related. That beautiful Ephram/Amy Ferris Wheel scene? Never would have taken place. Amy would have been standing there like a fool while Ephram dealt with Madison. You can only imagine how the vast majority of the fanbase who already hated Madison would have reacted to that.

2. Ephram/Hannah would explore something romantically. Apparently it was going to be very short lived, just like the stupid Madison situation.

3. Nina was going to become pregnant with Jake's baby and a triangle between Jake/Nina/Andy would have developed. Yes, unreal, I know. This is the one that had the potential to last longer than the first two.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just had the idea...

Hannah, we know, was shattered by Bright cheating on her.

What if Hannah started developing feelings because Ephram was there for her, comforted her and she...was vulnerable
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Yes, when the WB turned to the CW, Berlanti realized that the CW wanted a certain flavor so he tried to temporarily fit the mold if it meant getting a season 5. He sort of winked to the fanbase in interviews to trust him. Apparently the three things that were going to take place:

1. Madison, the one that never went away, was returning to come back and talk to Ephram about something baby related. That beautiful Ephram/Amy Ferris Wheel scene? Never would have taken place. Amy would have been standing there like a fool while Ephram dealt with Madison. You can only imagine how the vast majority of the fanbase who already hated Madison would have reacted to that.

2. Ephram/Hannah would explore something romantically. Apparently it was going to be very short lived, just like the stupid Madison situation.

3. Nina was going to become pregnant with Jake's baby and a triangle between Jake/Nina/Andy would have developed. Yes, unreal, I know. This is the one that had the potential to last longer than the first two.
That would have been absolutely horrible!
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, it would have been awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom to believe (View Post)
I just had the idea...

Hannah, we know, was shattered by Bright cheating on her.

What if Hannah started developing feelings because Ephram was there for her, comforted her and she...was vulnerable
Yes! That is precisely how I think it would have gone down, too.

I think we would have seen the babysitter causing her chaos with the baby situation at the start of season 5. That, of course, would have prevented an Ephram/Amy reunion to happen. Amy probably would have gone away all the more seeing her stupid mug back in town. Ephram would have gotten squared away any pathetic drama Madison, once again, wanted to conjure up. Babysitter would have gone away, Ephram would have wanted to reunite with Amy, Amy would have been hesitant, Ephram and Hannah would have spent some time together, bonding over the hurt they felt due to Bright and Amy.

Then I think they would have broken up once they realized their coming together was due to Bright and Amy.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I can't tell you how glad I am that did not happen. I would have hated it. I love Ephram and Hannah, but that's just too much.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Agreed.

I am relieved a season 5 didn't happen because of seeing Madison's mug again. That, in itself, is a disgusting nightmare. But everything else would have been so ridiculous.

How would they have gone back to Ephram/Amy and Bright/Hannah? It would have certainly cheapened the Ephram/Amy and Bright/Hannah friendships.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Absolutely. It wouldn't have been the same at all. Totally ruined, but they definitely would have still put them together for the fans, in the end. So many shows make that mistake though - they think just because couples are endgame that they can do anything to them in the meantime. NO!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Exactly!!! It's so ridiculous but that's the usual formula. As long as the couple is endgame, torture is fair game until that ending. It's so lame because quite often the pairing is destroyed before that time so the ending either doesn't make sense or it falls flat.

Thank God this didn't happen to Ephram/Amy. Bright/Hannah had the cheating storyline but at least they were fairly repaired after that.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Maybe they weren't bringing Madison back for a romantic relationship with Ephram.

I know there isn't a lot of Madison love on this thread, but she had her good points I.E. getting Ephram and Andy to stop fighting and pay attention to Delia.

Also I can't help but feel that she was royally crapped on by DR. Brown and Ephram. I know Ephram apologized to her by talking into an answering machine, but I think it would have been more appropiate if they had a face to face meeting.

I'm sorry I just can't hate Madison.

Before you all get ready to lynch me I am not advocating an Ephram/Madison relationship. Unlike Dawson's Creek the show ended correctly Ephram/Amy, Bright/Hannah.

I have always thought that when Hannah decided to go to the University of Colorado and gave Bright that big hug on the hill, that she forgave him and they would continue on from there.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Exactly!!! It's so ridiculous but that's the usual formula. As long as the couple is endgame, torture is fair game until that ending. It's so lame because quite often the pairing is destroyed before that time so the ending either doesn't make sense or it falls flat.

Thank God this didn't happen to Ephram/Amy. Bright/Hannah had the cheating storyline but at least they were fairly repaired after that.
Bright and Hannah cheating made no sense, It did nothing for the story line. I've always compared their relationship to the Pacey/Andie relationship

Both relationships were the "B" plot and both times a very intelligent sweet girl enchants a bad boy and he falls for her HARD.

Both times Berlanti had them cheat. He did a great job with Everwood except for that inane story line that accomplished nothing.

I've just had an idea for a crossover story for fanfiction.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

^I agree. I don't understand what the cheating storyline did for the show. :\ Just needed a reason to break them up, I guess?

Quote:

Yes, and I hate it so much. It's been done to so many couples. The writers/creators always say "trust us" which is so old. It doesn't matter! They're ruining them even if they appear to get a happy ending. Frustrating.

Cheating really sucks, but I feel it's something TV couples can overcome sometimes depending on who they cheated with. If they cheat with another main character, it's usually ruined for me.

Anyway, I think Bright and Hannah had a lot to work on at the time the show ended but they could have gotten through it.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:06 AM
Extreme Fan

I have been re-watching season three and what really stands out to me is how well Bright gets Hannah, He is always there for her and always knows what to say to her.

in my opinion he has already fallen in love with Hannah and doesn't realize it.

Also every time I re-watch this show I am amazed at how good the show is.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

^ That's very sweet, and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Also every time I re-watch this show I am amazed at how good the show is.
Me too! I am always reminded of that when I watch, or even just think of the show. They really don't make shows like Everwood anymore.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Totally agree, you guys. The cheating storyline made no sense. Was the sex issue something that needed worked out between Bright and Hannah? Yes. However, I still think the cheating storyline was not necessary. If it was drama Rina wanted inserted in there, she could have found another way. Wasn't the babygate thing dramatic enough? Bright/Hannah should have been left alone.

Bright did know Hannah which is why the cheating storyline is so nauseating. I watch that cheating scene and cringe so severely. I still can't imagine Bright going through with it... no matter how hot that chick was or what was right in front of him. I don't care. He loved Hannah. It would have been more realistic for Bright to be tempted but hold back, then break up with Hannah as a result. Then we could have seen them work things out after that.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Remember the episode when Bright went camping with his father. He decided to break up with Hannah because of the lack of intimacy.

When he went to her house to do it, he looked at her and couldn't do it.

Besides after the the shower scene, I believe a level of intimacy was achieved.

It seemed to me they were bored with writing the two of them and decided to throw a random let's have Bright cheat. Totally out of character for Bright actually, but this wasn't the first totally out of character random cheating decision made by Greg Berlanti.
Reply   Post New Thread