Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I couldn't make it for the episode, but I saw the last 15 minutes of it. The one with Madison and Dr. Brown. I always did like the dynamic between actors Treat and Sarah. But the ending... it didn't take a genius to figure out that nothing was revealed during the first 45 [minutes]. What a tease!

Nadia
Old 02-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

The look.
The hug.
The passion.

They are so beautiful together.

How can the writers ever expect us to believe that Ephram's feelings have suddenly disappeared? I am so upset about that stupid comment, "...it was like running into a cousin." This is exactly what I was afraid of. Madison will be the bad guy too. Sarah's performance was perfect as usual. There is something heartbreaking about her voice that makes me want to give her a hug.

The chemistry is still there.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyhead
The look.
The hug.
The passion.

They are so beautiful together.

How can the writers ever expect us to believe that Ephram's feelings have suddenly disappeared? I am so upset about that stupid comment, "...it was like running into a cousin." This is exactly what I was afraid of. Madison will be the bad guy too. Sarah's performance was perfect as usual. There is something heartbreaking about her voice that makes me want to give her a hug.

The chemistry is still there.
I totally agree. They can't expect us to believe that at all. We saw the passion between them before Madison left. No way can we believe that it's completely gone. Sarah did a fantastic job in this episode. I was so glad to see her stand up to Dr. Brown!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

i haven't really posted in awhile but i just got done watching the show and wanted to say MADISON IS BACK!! Sarah looked great glad to see her back I hate cliffhangers especially this one.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

She looked heartbreakingly beautiful tonight. Wow!

Yeah, the "cousins" line was a bit much.

kenny | credit
Old 02-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Whew, mixed feelings. Great to see E/M together again, "cousins" line was stupid, Madison was great with Andy, Bright/Hannah foreshadowing was lovely, and now I really can't bear to wait until April 18 for some resolution (outside of the few spoilers out there)!

Excellent episode overall, though. Best of the season, IMHO, which isn't worth much since I haven't posted on this board in about 9 months.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Either E/M still love each other, or Greg and Sarah are dating, because they gave each other this look that was hotttt!!!!!

The funny thing is that I don't hate E/A together, but they just don't interest me that much. It's like, okay, whatever.

I just don't see any hope for Madison to come out of this mess as anything other than the bad guy. Ephram will hate her and that's that.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am so upset about that stupid comment, "...it was like running into a cousin."
word. I thought that was so disrespectful to the EM shippers. I was mad about what they did to some of my shipper couples, but never anything like that. Feelings don't just disappear forever. She was the first girl he slept with. It hasn't even been a year since they broke up

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 02-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

WORD hshapir. Everyone knows how big of a die-hard E/A fan I am, but I was shocked at the cousin comment.. I even posted about it over on the episode discussion thread. There no way that Ephram would have only cousin feelings for Madison. Yes, he is in love with Amy but his feelings for Madison were REAL.. There is no way that he would feel just friendly towards her. Some of his feelings would come to the surface no matter how deeply in love with Amy he is.

Seriously guys, even this E/A shipper is pissed about that comment. That was wrong. I'm shocked that a season 1 vet, Michael Green, would ever write that in the script.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

thanks wilpen. I heard what you said at the discussion thread too. I totally agree that is bs that Ephram only feels friendly feelings towards Madison. When he sees her, his face lit up. It was not friendly to me

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

I think he told Amy it was like running into a cousin ... it might not have been the case. He could have ... gasp ... lied to her.

kenny | credit
Old 02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, that comment was bunk. I even think Amy would have understood if Ephram would have admitted to her that he felt something little for Madison, still. Because it would only be natural and I think Amy would get that. It would be like Amy saying that she lost her feelings for Colin now that she was in love with Ephram. That would be just as ridiculous.

I think probably what Green was trying to portray was that Amy wasn't jealous anymore of E/M and her concern was all about Ephram getting through his audition. Which was clear that this was her #1 priority.. But Green just went over the top by trying too hard to put the focus on that by having Ephram come up with the cousin bit. Seriously, take Dawson's Creek.. Even though Pacey was in love with Joey, he still had feelings for Andie.. Never would Pacey have said that being with Andie was like being with a cousin or whatever.. He would always feel a little something for Andie because of what they shared together.. The same goes for Ephram with Madison.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

[unlurks]

Whoa. To me, that hud did not look like a "cousin-ly" hug at all! Or was it just me?

When they hugged, it looked like there was something...not something that could be swept under the rug and be labeled as "cousin-ly" feelings.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
Old 02-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

That hug had more passion than we've seen from Ephram all season. I think the cousin comment was for Amy's sake...I hope, cause it was totally unbelievable after a reunion like that.

I was dissappointed in all the other storylines...although they were cute and important, they could have been just touched upon and then dealt with in later episodes...we didn't wait 10 months to see a half hour of bright apologizing and the irv/edna - although sweet - could have been cut down a bit or saved for another time. We didn't get any back story on Madison or really find out anything important about anything. She was on screen for like 6 minutes.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Addicted Fan

I know he said that it felt like bumping into a cousin, but dude that hug differed. The looks and everything were just. It was great to see Madison.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread