Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Did you know Greg Berlanti is NOT a fat, white-haired, old man? I just found out what he looks like and it was not what I was expecting. I don't know why but I always imagine TV show creators+writers to be old men but really, they never are. *lol*
Old 11-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Greg Berlanti isn't a typical producer, I've seen his picture a couple times. He's a young, intelligent, gay man who is the genius behind Dawson's Creek(last 4 seasons anyway), Everwood, and Jack and Bobby

...let's just hope he uses those smarts to add some drama to the show and maybe keep Madison around a little longer than originally planned!
Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 AM
Addicted Fan

I bought something earlier today and I just posted it in my lj...

...I stated that it reminded me of Madison/Ephram. Does it remind you guys of them? Hehe.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

There's a picture of Berlanti at the DVD thread. He's definitely not what I expected as a writer/producer. Wow, it's like I watch all of his shows. There are alot of younguns working in the biz now and putting out some pretty good stuff, like Josh Schwartz and Mark Schwann. But I can't really compare The OC and OTH to Everwood...

Elusive One, that is the cutest penguin! So Jailbait. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, Greg Berlanti is rather good looking. I really hope he will still be actively involved with the show. I know he has Jack & Bobby now, but Everwood has such potential to be a better show than it is right now. To me, after Kevin Williamson left Dawson's Creek... it kind've all went downhill. I know Berlanti was there, but he wasn't the creator/brains behind it all.

As far as having to 'balance out' drama issues... Everwood is a drama right? And Ephram and Amy are main characters, right? *sarcasm* Every character has their own arc to be played, so each of them will have a different type of drama. I'm not looking forward to next week, but at the same time I am (I accidentally read a spoiler... there was no warning... really, I swear). I also don't think they're ready.

Cute pengwin. (Eric from Boy Meets World anyone? ) Years ago (and I mean like omg 10 years ago, what a harsh realization), when my 7th grade class went to the zoo for a field trip, I bought a stuffed penguin. Which I'm sure is information you wanted to hear haha. *ponders* I wonder if I still have it?

Candace: isn't that letter the most heart-wrenching thing ever? I can't wait to see the episode on Tuesday!
Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BeautifulDisaster
Yeah, and if I remember correctly, Greg Berlanti is rather good looking. I really hope he will still be actively involved with the show. I know he has Jack & Bobby now, but Everwood has such potential to be a better show than it is right now. To me, after Kevin Williamson left Dawson's Creek... it kind've all went downhill. I know Berlanti was there, but he wasn't the creator/brains behind it all.
I agree with you on the Kevin Williamson thing. So glad he came back for the finale.

Quote:
As far as having to 'balance out' drama issues... Everwood is a drama right? And Ephram and Amy are main characters, right? *sarcasm* Every character has their own arc to be played, so each of them will have a different type of drama. I'm not looking forward to next week, but at the same time I am (I accidentally read a spoiler... there was no warning... really, I swear). I also don't think they're ready.
I think Amy should have her own story arc going on. Last season she had the Tommy thing, but that was barely a storyline since it often crossed paths with the E/M storyline. I would love to see this girl doing something a little more constructive with her time. Doesn't she need to be building up her extracurriculars for colleges to consider?

Quote:
Cute pengwin. (Eric from Boy Meets World anyone? ) Years ago (and I mean like omg 10 years ago, what a harsh realization), when my 7th grade class went to the zoo for a field trip, I bought a stuffed penguin. Which I'm sure is information you wanted to hear haha. *ponders* I wonder if I still have it?
OK, it's official. We are either twins or share a brain because I thought of Eric from BMW when I saw it too! The scene from the episode with the Newlywed-esque board game with Eric and Rachel...pengwin! just popped into my head. That was awesome. I really love that show. Eric...what a guy. The Halloween episode when everybody's stuck in detention still ranks up there as my favorite episode. "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"

Quote:
Candace: isn't that letter the most heart-wrenching thing ever? I can't wait to see the episode on Tuesday!
That letter was really sad, and I'm surprised that things aren't weird between them because of it. I think it's awesome that Clark wants to keep her in his life no matter what.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Computer flipped on me last night so I didn't get to post the episode discussion for Just Like in the Movies:
Quote:
Dr. Brown (Treat Williams) courts Linda Abbott (Marcia Cross) despite Edna's (Debra Mooney) and Harold's (Tom Amandes) insistence that he's wasting his time, but Andy persists, forcing Linda to tell him that she is H.I.V. positive. Bright (Chris Pratt) tells Ephram (Gregory Smith) he can win Madison's (Sarah Lancaster) affections by ignoring her, but the plan goes awry when she breaks up with her boyfriend. Amy (Emily Van Camp) meets a flirtatious and attractive town bad-boy, Tommy Callahan (guest star Paul Wasilewski), whose compassion for her problems touches her heart for the first time since Colin's death.
Pics: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11

Quote:
EPHRAM: So why don't you go talk to her, try to make her feel better?
DELIA: How am I supposed to do that?
EPHRAM: Go tell her that she has nice hair or that you like her sweater or something.
DELIA: Why don't you go tell her? Because I think it would mean more coming from you. Why would she --
EPHRAM: Just go do it!
DELIA: Fine.
Quote:
MADISON: Can you just stop talking for a second? I just -- I am a little freaked out right now. [sighs] I mean, last night was -- was kind of illegal -- literally -- and if prison was the only thing I was scared about right now, we'd be in pretty good shape. But it's not. I'm scared of a whole mess of things when it comes to you and me. I mean, even saying "you and me" scares me. We're just so wrong for each other, Ephram, in so many ways. I mean, long-term couple thing, we'd never work. The odds are so slim. And short term, it's still weird. But...
EPHRAM: But?
[Madison kisses him.]
MADISON: But that. That's a problem. That's the problem that we keep running into.
Credit: Everwood Scripts & Transcripts

Madison's comment about them not wroking out long-term went hand in hand with Andy's reservations about their relationship. I'm sure, like some of us did, she figured that their relationship couldn't go beyond a kissing thing, but they were together for six months! That's pretty long in my opinion and if it wasn't for the stuff that went down in UB, I think they could have worked through the "I love you" stuff. Of course, this is a drama and we couldn't have roses for them all the time. This was a great episode and really put JB into motion. The karaoke scene was just icing on the cake though.

I guess we'll be talking about this and this week's fresh episode, so I expect a very active thread. Yay!
Have a great week!

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 11-21-2004 at 04:35 PM
Old 11-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

yay JLITM!! one of my all time favorite episodes! This was the beginning of e/m, the episode that started the great relationship that we all love! The only thing that pissed me off was when they faded to black right after they kissed! I mean, so much must have happened after that, was there awkwardness? what happened? Madison spent the night-not with ephram, but at the brown's...i dunno, that just bothers me. another thing i noticed was the timing. It was a sleepover...but the next day, Ephram had school?! No parent in their right mind would let their kid have a slumber party on a sunday...and even if Andy did, no kids would be aloud to go...guess the writers forgot about that one.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

I found the same things a bit suspicious. I can't really see a slumber party starting on Sunday. I thought that everything was going down on Friday or Saturday afternoon onward. The writers probably should have just cut that whole "get to school" thing, because honestly, the joke fell kinda flat. But whatever. I loved this episode, and was psyched when I found so many pics for it.
Unless they sat on the swing making out all night, I would have loved to know what happened afterward. In the promos when Madison said that what they did was illegal, alot of us here were flipping out because we thought they had slept together. It must have been a pretty heavy makeout session though.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

just saw this at Tvtome.com about a future episode

55. Need to Know
As Andy finally realizes that his feelings for Amanda (Anne Heche) are only growing stronger despite his best efforts to maintain a platonic friendship, Andy decides it's in both of their best interests if he refers her husband's case to Dr. Abbott from now on. Upon hearing news that Madison (Sarah Lancaster, who does not appear in the episode) and her band are performing in Everwood, Ephram seeks guidance from Bright, signaling a thaw in the boys' chilly relationship as of late with Ephram and Amy dating. Lastly, Amy's curiousity brings about Hannah's (Sarah Drew) family secret.
b: 29-Nov-2004 pc: 2T5060 w: Bruce Miller d: David Petrarca
Old 11-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Eek! Spoilers! But yeah, I already spoiled myself on this one. Maybe you should edit those out or make them tiny. Thanks though.

All I have to say regarding this is, yay. Yay! Looking forward to seeing it.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OK, it's official. We are either twins or share a brain because I thought of Eric from BMW when I saw it too! The scene from the episode with the Newlywed-esque board game with Eric and Rachel...pengwin! just popped into my head. That was awesome. I really love that show. Eric...what a guy. The Halloween episode when everybody's stuck in detention still ranks up there as my favorite episode. "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"
Freaky. And I TOLD YOU! "It's like we share 1 brain" ahahaha (Eric from BMW too)! Great minds, Candace... great minds!

Aww, yay... JLITM! Great ep! Here's my fave, and most well-known scene... credit to Everwood Transcripts.

[Cut to Madison outside of the Brown home, covered in a blanket on the swaying glider and watching the rain. Ephram comes out, wearing a T-shirt. He walks towards Madison and sits down next to her. He sighs.]

MADISON: I thought you were ignoring me.

EPHRAM: What gave it away?

MADISON: I figured it out when you fled from the kitchen when Jay called.

[Madison notices Ephram's attire.]

MADISON: (CONT'D) You must be freezing.

EPHRAM: No. I'm all right. You want to talk about it?

MADISON: Not really.

EPHRAM: You sure? I'm a really good listener.

MADISON: I know you are.

EPHRAM: So, what he do? Was it just the standard obnoxious behavior or what?

MADISON: Jay broke up with me because, um -- well, because he felt like I didn't care about him the way that he cared about me. And he wasn't wrong.

EPHRAM: Well, that happens.

MADISON: Yeah, it does. But then he accused me of liking somebody else.

EPHRAM: Somebody else. Please tell me it's not the drummer.

[Madison laughs.]

MADISON: No, it's -- it's not the drummer.

EPHRAM: Good. But there is somebody else?

MADISON: You know, I didn't think that there was because when Jay said it, I told him he was crazy. Me and this other guy, we're just friends. But then I realized that... I get excited every time I know I'm going to see this particular friend. My stomach gets all fluttery when he walks into the room. I don't know when that changed exactly. Might have been the first time I saw him play his music.

[Recognition begins to come across Ephram.]

MADISON: (CONT'D) Or maybe it was when he told me how he felt about me. Nobody's ever talked to me like that before. It was like he was 10 years older than me instead of 4 years younger. The clincher was when he kissed me -- I don't know. At that moment, I just came undone.

EPHRAM: Oh. Unfortunately your taste in guys leaves a little something to be desired, but... if this is what your gut's telling you to do, then I... I think you ought to go for it.

[They kiss until fade out.]

The Everwood timeline confuzzles me. It gives me a headache trying to figure it out sometimes.

Madison held back at first because of what Andy said to her... but as soon as she realized that Ephram wasn't going to give up and that he was into her, I think she took that leap that she probably never had before.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Great scene! Even reading it, I can just feel the emotion pouring out of it. Good stuff.
My brain is tired so I really don't have anything constructive to add.

Aw, Thanksgiving is coming up. UH was the cutest...but I'm getting ahead of myself here.
Have a great day!
Old 11-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey y'all,
I hate to double post but I can't really help that now. I hope to see more people in here later.
Just wanted to drop off a song that kind of reminded me of JB, and possibly what Ephram felt in JLITM:
Quote:
I'm A Believer
Smashmouth

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me
Love was out to get me, that's the way it seems
Disappointment haunted all my dreams

Chorus:
And then I saw her face
Now I'm a believer
Not a trace
Of doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a believer
I couldn't leave her
(Even) If I tried

I thought that love was more or less a given thing
But the more I gave the less I got oh yeah
What? the use of trying, the only thing you get is pain
When I wanted sunshine, I got rain

Chorus

What's the use of trying, the only thing you get is pain
When I wanted sunshine, I got rain

Chorus 2 x
Credit: www.elyrics4u.com

I hope you all have a great week.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG Candace... that song is TOTALLY Ephram POV JB-related! Haha... reminds me of Shrek when Donkey is singing it at the end and he's like "I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe" over and over! Love that movie!

Lemme try to think more about JLITM to post later.