Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Loyal Fan

How did you find Everwood? Talk about your experience...

I hope it's allright to make a new thread for this post, if not, move it where it's suited.

Everwood has been on one or another Norwegian telly channel since 2003, and I never bothered watching it, thinking it was just another sappy, boring, cliché-filled American drama. I remember I cringed whenever I saw the commercial where Ephram screams at his da.

However, flipping through channels one day a few weeks ago, I stubled across a scene where a young lad was struggelig to maintain his relationship with a "much" older girl, and I thought "this is an interesting storyline" and kept watching. A few minutes later this sad but stunning young girl appeared on the screen. Her talent and chemistry with the young boy mentioned earlier got me even more interested, so I went to my computer and started watching the show from the beginning. I spent a big part of my free time the next three weeks there.

I'm not the emotional type if you know what I mean. I'm 22 years old, I spend my weekends on the ale, I'm a footy fan(proper football, not the silly American version ), and on television I prefer to watch documentaries, Entourage and Prison Break. Still, after watching that final episode, I turned into something I would have called "a thirteen year old girl" a month ago. I actually went to my bedroom and cried. And I hadn't cried in about six years before that. (If my mates ever find out about this I'll never hear the end of it)

I'm not sure if it was happy-tears over Amy and Ephram, or sadness over the fact that I'll never watch a new episode of Everwood again. Anyways, if a television program can break my emotional shell like that, it says something.

I quickly started searching the web for more info, and I found out about the protests, the campaigns and the ferris wheel event. I even became sad about the fact that I didn't give the show a chance earlier, because who knows, maybe I could have done something to get it back on the air. I've been looking everywhere for just a pinch of hope that it will return some day.

Remember that it's been just about a week since I watched the final episode, and obviously, 16 months after it was cancelled I'm just plain stupid to think that it'll ever return, but the show has come to mean so much to me that it will take some time for me to completly accept this fact. I just haven't had the time to move on like most of the fans from the glory days.

Still, I know I'll always have the memories of this beautiful masterpiece, and I'm very happy to finally have found an active Everwood forum.

I hope this post made any sense at all, I just wanted to show my appreciation.

Cheers
Everwoodian Kopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Hi and welcome to the board.

What I ended up doing was changing up the title based on your post so that others can join in and we can open this up to a general discussion. Great thoughts and now we have a wonderful new thread to go with thanks to you.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey and welcome, Everwoodian Kopite!
That's one great story right there, very interesting to read and.. about the crying - yeah that 'happens' Seriously, I've done that too with Everwood and what the hell - I'm a 19 year old boy I might later come back and tell my story of how I started watching the show, but basically it was from the middle of season 1.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everybody and welcome to Everwoodian Kopite, You'll have fun with us, scout's word.

How did I ended up finding Everwood, let's see, I'm gonna describe it in every detail. I already knew pretty well Treat Williams, seeing him in movies like Deep Rising and The Deep End of the Ocean and I was googling around images of him over the net, in one of those I find him with Gregory Smith walking in the woods (you already guessed the episode is Dear God). Navigating from one link to another I find myself in many Everwood site getting to know the show. I found something that may not be describable in words, like when you have a deja-vu seeing something for the first time but it gives you the feeling you've saw it already, futile to say I followed it starting to watch a show that entered in my soul and in my heart.
EDNA: Pay attention, because it might be complicated for your California pea-sized brain to understand. Ephram Brown, son of Dr. Brown, goes out with Amy Abbott, daughter of Dr. Abbott, who happens to be my son, which makes her my granddaughter.

DR. HARTMAN: Wow, it’s like a Greek play.

Last edited by Andy4ita; 11-26-2007 at 09:50 PM
Andy4ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amont (View Post)
Hey and welcome, Everwoodian Kopite!
That's one great story right there, very interesting to read and.. about the crying - yeah that 'happens' Seriously, I've done that too with Everwood and what the hell - I'm a 19 year old boy I might later come back and tell my story of how I started watching the show, but basically it was from the middle of season 1.

Allright Amont la. Sorry for not replying earlier. Glad you enjoyed me story. About the crying again, yeah it happens, but it barely ever happens to me. That's just how powerful the E/A story was...

Anyway, giz yer story la!

(About me writing tonight... It's norrexactly the queens english but that's just because I've had a coule of bevvys tonight, and that brings out me scouse accent in me writing . You lot probobly don't know what scouse is, so I'll tell yer. It's the accent spoken in Liverpool. Here's a parody example from an English show: Click 'ere la!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I watched from the beginning, the promos intrigued me I think.
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Great talk about how Everwood gets us emotional. I'm not exactly the same, I bawled over a few episodes of Buffy as a youngster, but Everwood has done...something to me. Berlanti has made me a wuss. Or more of a wuss, that's probably more accurate. But I don't mind it, I think it's really cool that I'm invested as much in a show like Everwood and that it's good enough to actually make me cry. That final episode, I think, almost gave me a nervous breakdown.

I've heard stories about the tough guys crying over this show before. There were at least two other Everwood posters where I used to post and we always ended up talking about what this show has done to us. I think it's pretty common. Everwooditis? Berlantiitis?

I found the show kind of on recommendation. The WB used to do repeats on the weekend (back when they actually cared about this little show) in the first season, and I tuned in for the Thanksgiving episode, I believe. And I was hooked pretty much from the start and then I ended up getting all the episodes and watching them as fast as I could. Everwood addiction. Maybe that's Everwooditis? I think I've got it bad, because I'm still obsessed with this little show a little over five years after it debuted, and over a year after it was taken away from our televisions. And it seems I'm not the only one.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

I started watching Everwood by a fluke.
I was just watching TV as the series started...right with the Pilot.

...man, thinking about it I actually don't want to mistake coincidence for destiny here.

But anyway, I just liked everything regarding the show...the storylines, the characters, the location...got addicted and started watching regularly.

- The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
Roswelldesertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE='Tos;19286045]Great talk about how Everwood gets us emotional. I'm not exactly the same, I bawled over a few episodes of Buffy as a youngster, but Everwood has done...something to me. Berlanti has made me a wuss. Or more of a wuss, that's probably more accurate. But I don't mind it, I think it's really cool that I'm invested as much in a show like Everwood and that it's good enough to actually make me cry. That final episode, I think, almost gave me a nervous breakdown.

I've heard stories about the tough guys crying over this show before. There were at least two other Everwood posters where I used to post and we always ended up talking about what this show has done to us. I think it's pretty common. Everwooditis? Berlantiitis? [QUOTE]

All I can say is that this show is something special. I wonder what would have happened if it had been on a bigger network that actually took care of it, and made it possible for them to be more succesful in terms of ratings. It would probobly still be up and running.

Quote:
I found the show kind of on recommendation. The WB used to do repeats on the weekend (back when they actually cared about this little show) in the first season, and I tuned in for the Thanksgiving episode, I believe. And I was hooked pretty much from the start and then I ended up getting all the episodes and watching them as fast as I could. Everwood addiction. Maybe that's Everwooditis? I think I've got it bad, because I'm still obsessed with this little show a little over five years after it debuted, and over a year after it was taken away from our televisions. And it seems I'm not the only one.
It's common alright! I'm actually watching the entire series for the third time right now. And I only discovered it in September this year! I just don't get tired of it, and I discover new things every time I watch an episode over again.

- Matty/Everwoodian Kopite, a proud member of the Everwooditis society.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh this is a great topic!

My history with Everwood sort of started when I was thirteen, or fourteen, which means somewhere in 2003 to 2004, long before it ever aired in Germany. I had this Dutch friend back then, who had her own little forum on the internet, where she and many of her friends were talking frequently, mostly about TV-shows, she was a big fan of so many TV-shows. She had many sub-forums for some of her favorite shows, mostly "Charmed", I think. Well and one day I looked into one thread, which was very active, I think, to see if I could maybe join the conversation and they were all rapturously discussing something called "Everwood", they were probably even doing it in Dutch, so that some words I didn't even understand, but I got very curious, so I asked what "Everwood" was and.. then they were, like rapturously explaining how it was the best show ever and so on. Not that I reall believed that that could be really the best show ever, but it certainly made me curious, if so many people I had much in common with loved it so very much, there had to be something about it. The pictures they showed me seemed kind of strange to me and I couldn't really imagine that it was the kind of show I was interested in, but well...
Time went by, over a year, I suppose and I propably forgot about it again, till the day that I, when I was watching TV, saw a promo for a new show that was going to start a week after and I immediately realized: That was the show my friend's been telling me about. I was still curious, so I watched the pilot and...
... I've loved this show from the very first moment and I'm pretty sure I never missed a moment of it after that. It was just the best show I'd ever seen, it was plainly amazing. It gave me butterflies in my stomach every time I watched it and it's still giving me butterflies whenever I remember how very much I felt myself being sucked into this beautifully real world. It made me feel like I was actually there, in Everwood. Mostly in season two, I think. I have a connection to this show (or it has to me) like to a very good friend who owns a big part of my heart. It's like... I always wanted to actually hug my TV when Everwood was on...
It's the only show that could ever make me feel this way, I love it so very much and it's my one and only favorite TV-show and for me personally it is the best show ever, because it has such a strong impact on me, still. Actually, it's more than just a show to me... I will never be able to let it go, or even just accept the fact, that this amazing and intelligent story won't go on... while other shows can keep looping in the (x+1)th season about just the same subjects all the time... it's just not fair.

Still, since you're all talking about it, Everwood's never made me cry... I'm a tough nut to crack, it had nothing to do with Everwood itself, though... it made me very sad sometimes, it could convey the emotions to me excellently, but the tears just wouldn't spill over... and I was even at the verge of tears when Amy declared her love to Ephram in Foreverwood. TV just can't make me cry anymore, except for that one movie about a little boy dying of aids, but that's it.
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved your story, Leo.

Everybody seems to have discovered Everwood through coincidences, and that tells me that it would probably still be up and running if the money people had taken better care of it in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
It's the only show that could ever make me feel this way, I love it so very much and it's my one and only favorite TV-show and for me personally it is the best show ever, because it has such a strong impact on me, still. Actually, it's more than just a show to me... I will never be able to let it go, or even just accept the fact, that this amazing and intelligent story won't go on... while other shows can keep looping in the (x+1)th season about just the same subjects all the time... it's just not fair.
It's like reading my own words. Everytime I read stuff like the above mentioned, I get sad. It's just not fair that they took it away from us. B*stards!

Last edited by Everwoodian Kopite; 11-25-2007 at 09:05 PM
Everwoodian Kopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you... Matty, was it? May I call you like that?

Yeah, I can only speak for Germany, but I feel like people just didn't know Everwood existed and that was the only reason it wasn't that successful over here, because people I meet never heard of it. The TV-station that aired it here aired it at 15:05, or 16:05, on weekdays, which is the worst time to air a good TV-show if you want to make any profit with it and the last time I actually had the time to watch TV at this time was when I was thirteen and I just don't think that little children are the kind of people who would watch Everwood. Now Everwood was really not very successful in Germany and because of that they are never going to rerun it... that's eating me., 'cause I know if people knew it they'd like it... it's all so sad.

But one day I'm going to be a multimillionaire and theeeen... ^^
Old 11-26-2007, 09:03 AM
buffyannAlex

I kinda feel the same about how it aired in France as well. They only aired the first season, on sunday at 15, which isn't the biggest audience... unlike 7th heaven which aired on a bigger channel at a more convenient hour.

And I know everyone who watch the show loves it. I gaves the episode to my parents and family and they all adored the show. They said it felt real and was beautifully told. They really loved it. It's too bad a show like this doesn't get the promotion it deserves...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Addicted Fan

7th Heaven... we have it on the same channel, but I don't know, I think they did a hell of a lot promotion for that one, I'm not sure, though. All I know is, that they're rerunning it all the time... and I just can't understand... why not Everwood? I need Everwood!
Maybe people just don't like intelligence when watching TV, stupid things are pretty cool, why bother to think anyway, others can do that... I'm disappointed...
Did that sound harsh? Put it down to my age, there's still a little hothead inside of me where Everwood is concerned.

Almost everyone who gives Everwood a chance loves it, yes... my mom's a fan, too.... and I had a friend visiting in the fall vacation just to watch it with me and she liked it, too... she loved the quotes I'd told her before...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
buffyannAlex

I do know how you feel. Sometimes, I just don't get it. It's sad really. And we don't even have the DVDs to promote the show ourselves
Have you seen all seasons still ?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top